PDA

View Full Version : WK6: zygote (1-1) vs Soulstice (2-2) [zygote wins by NS.]

King Ra.
11-04-2014, 05:26 AM
AOWL Season IV, Week 6

OFFICIAL RULES:
Verses are due Friday, November 7th, 11:59p.m. PCT/2:59a.m. EST/7:59a.m. UK. There are NO extensions.

Verses MUST be a minimum 10 lines or a maximum of 16 lines.

Votes are due Sunday, November 9th, 11:59p.m. PCT/2:59a.m. EST/7:59a.m. UK. Failure to vote will result in automatic sign out for the next week.

TOPIC:

Maybe Next Time

Good luck, zygote and Soulstice.

zygote
11-05-2014, 07:15 AM
A CHILD WHO DISLIKES HIS MOTHER WISHES THAT SHE WILL DIE BY HER NEXT BIRTHDAY.

Maladroit schadenfreude - I greet today with a beleaguered mood,
My mother’s birthday. She wears a sweet perfume. My father reeks of booze.
Disquietude has seized the room. I am trapped between these two like a living prisoner.
“Can you hand mama the salt?” I sagely nod. Father leans deep in his chair - a listless listener.
I hand mama the salt. The food is tough, a greyish broth masquerading as gourmet sauce,
Mashed potatoes become more like an amorphous blob,
Silence punctuated by the ticking tock of an ever-marching clock.
Mama’s finest cashmere silk is draped across the tablecloth. She speaks; “I know you’ve lost your job.”
“Yeah, so what...”
She responds; “So where have you been going these past few days?”
An idyllic setting. An uneasy pause. “I've been watching the greyhound’s race.”
Mama looks incensed. Father looks tired. She maintains her effervescent etiquette –
“Do you know that I’ve been cheating on you John?” He responds; “No, I didn’t.”
She tries too hard. She pushes him away. He drinks because he feels he is a failure to us.
She always wants too much. Everything he’s ever done has never been enough.
We eat the coalesced cartilage with crystalline cutlery by a candlelit incandescent glow,
I realize she will die. Maybe she will die by her next birthday. I am only ten years old.

Soulstice
11-07-2014, 07:39 PM
Sorry. This feels like a chore lately. Life. Priorities. Stereotypical peace out for now.

dead man
11-08-2014, 12:15 AM
gay