PDA

View Full Version : NBL Rules (General, NoShow', Extensions)

Sharp
11-09-2014, 09:32 PM
Nbl season 8 rules

Voting is mandatory and will be checked - placing voting links in thread is mandatory as well
-everyone is expected to vote on 4 battles each week and put links in the associated thread, if they skip voting for two weeks total or partially vote for 3 weeks they'll be banned from the league - only way back in or making up for the missed votes are:
Voting on nbl (however many they're behind if they're not in, 4+ however many they're behind if they're in)
-voting on ba battles - willing to count 3 ba battles as enough since they're needed more

-No showing more than once leads to a one week minimum ban

-Battles closed Sunday night so next week can go up. No exceptions. There's always next week to fix your record and the ba for match ups you want

-Matchups decided by similar records. If you and someone else would like to battle make it known and that can be arranged

-Records updated weekly

-1 extensions per person per 5 weeks of competing

-extensions are 24 hours and nothing more to allow to move fluidly

-alternating weeks of cypher/roast for achievement/tiebreaker in contender match. To start with a cypher on week 3

-week off for Christmas

Sharp
12-01-2014, 06:33 PM
If you win and don't vote it's a loss

If you lose and don't vote it's 2 losses

To be enforced starting week 3

Sharp
06-03-2015, 01:47 PM
It's no secret that voting was baaad for season 6 and 7. When Allen and I took over the policy was already to give out Ls for not voting (I think borrowed from topical side to make sure votes happened). But at this point we feel that NBL is full of people who we can trust to vote so we're going to go back to NC1 rules on votes - not voting equaling a penalty in votes for you next week. Yes, that will factor in HUGELY in split decision battles, so you still want to vote. We will still continue to count votes but we trust that we can go back to that older system on our path to recaptured dopeness and glory.

Meaning I'll also retroactively erase any losses from not voting you may have (if you're wondering whether you do, usually if you NS in the league you dont vote. you also should have been notified in either a chat or voting link thread). Just post here and I'll review/fix any claim by the weekend.

Keep it up guys.

Allen Knight
06-14-2015, 11:50 PM
talk about votes before the battle/during the battle is over, im subtracting votes from u.

an if its a bad enough sway ur DQ & booted.

idgaf who u are, ur done an gone.

Remember this cuz i will enforce it.

wait till the battles over to say shit about a vote.