PDA

View Full Version : Week 7: Pick Your Topic.

King Ra.
11-10-2014, 04:24 AM
Here we have 9 movie quotes from films directed by Christopher Nolan. You are required to pick at LEAST one topic to incorporate in your verse. You are free to tie in more, though it'd be a challenge with the amount of depth you can go just focusing on one. Be sure to state which quote you are using in your verse, simply by using the number (ex. Quote #1) or copying the whole quote at the beginning or end of your piece. You are not required to write to the same topic as your opponent. Best of luck to all.

#1- "Memento" (2000)

"I have to believe in a world outside my own mind. I have to believe that my actions still have meaning, even if I can't remember them. I have to believe that when my eyes are closed, the world's still there. Do I believe the world's still there? Is it still out there? Yeah. We all need mirrors to remind ourselves who we are. I'm no different." — Leonard Shelby.

#2- "Batman Begins" (2005)

"People need dramatic examples to shake them out of apathy, and I can't do that as Bruce Wayne. As a man, I'm flesh and blood. I can be ignored. I can be destroyed. But as a symbol, as a symbol I can be incorruptible, I can be everlasting." — Bruce Wayne.

#3- "The Prestige" (2006)

"Every magic trick consists of three parts, or acts. The first part is called the pledge. The magician shows you something ordinary. The second act is called the turn. The magician takes the ordinary something and makes it into something extraordinary. But you wouldn't clap yet, because making something disappear isn't enough. You have to bring it back. Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled." — Cutter.

#4- "The Dark Knight" (2008)

"You crossed the line first, sir. You hammered them and in their desperation they turned to a man they didn't fully understand. Some men aren't looking for anything logical. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn." — Alfred.

#5- "The Dark Knight" (2008)

"Don't talk like one of them, you're not! Even if you'd like to be. To them, you're just a freak, like me. They need you right now. But when they don't, they'll cast you out, like a leper." — The Joker.

#6- "Inception" (2010)

"What is the most resilient parasite? Bacteria? A virus? An intestinal worm? An idea. Resilient. Highly contagious. Once an idea has taken hold of the brain it's almost impossible to eradicate. An idea that is fully formed — fully understood —that sticks." — Cobb.

#7- "Dark Knight Rises" (2012)

"You think darkness is your ally. But you merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, moulded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but blinding!" — Bane.

#8- "Dark Knight Rises" (2012)

"A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a little boy's shoulder to let him know that the world hadn't ended." — Bruce Wayne.

#9- "Interstellar" (2014)

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known." — Cooper.