PDA

View Full Version : audio: The One I Love. soundcloud link.

Geno
08-18-2013, 06:11 PM
http://soundcloud.com/urbangenocide/the-one-i-love

Get me.

Nigma
08-19-2013, 01:15 AM
really dope gen, very good first step into audio. on beat nicely, good emotion in the voice, and your background in lyrics is evident. stay at it

Exis
08-19-2013, 09:35 AM
Sounds distorted...lyrically it's tight tho, not really my type of thing but I liked it.

Stay upwards.

CopyPat
08-20-2013, 04:32 AM
well after my ears fully heal i will listen to your next one...

haha. dude the quality of this is straight ASS.. i gotta tell u

im not sure if this is ur First audio????? if it is im super impressed with how u rode the beat and didn't spit ur shit monotone like alot of first timers do. the rhyming and breath control etc everything was really good man, also well done to actually write 3 different verses for one track... its more daunting then people think

soonly thing i have a problem with was the actual audio quality. there were parts that just completely muted out. no beat or anything. like a blank part in the track... so honestly thats brutal. beyond that it was suuuuuuuuper tinny(not tiny) and all you could hear was treble. i am not sure of your technique in making this but it almost sounded like u recorded the beat off ur computer speakers with the same mic u used to spit ur verse to and then mixed it?? might be why it just has no depth and waaaay to sharp. also the beat was really loud and ur vocals were too quiet. u def have to have a an actual mp3 version of the beat and record ur acapella separately while listening to the beat in ur headphones and then mix them together. once u record urself over the beat ur fucked. or if u record the beat with a mic ur fucked too... u lose ALL the depth. no highs or lows in the beat.

anyways man. again. if its first time. it is what it is... this happens to basically every texter that moves to audio.you have great lyrics but need to work at making a song sound proper. like i said the good things u have already going for u are a huge bonus, so i'de say ur ahead of the curve in ur actual mcing but u just need ur production to be alot better. better yet like i say get the beat, record ur verses and then maybe even send em to somebody that is good at that typa shit to put it all together for u.. thats what i try to do whenever possible haha

hope that helps man!!!
glad to see someone else drop an audio. stay at it man and keep writing EVERYTHING to beats.. it will pay off in the end when u have tons of material u can just put to any beat u want

Geno
08-20-2013, 10:04 AM
Ya man. Thanks CopyPat and everyone else

The download on my phone doesn't have skips and sounds way better. I recorded from my phone to my phone onto soundcloud. So if it sounds shitty -that's why. I have to find a better way to uploadd

Mike Wrecka
08-20-2013, 12:48 PM
this was dope gen. all I could say is its about damn time. how many years I been telling you to drop an audio? ten years prolly. I enjoyed this. you have a good voice and presence on the mic. it works. flow was pretty nuts. quality sucked , but if it was recorded from playing on your phone that's understandable. just email it to yourself as an attachment and download it to your computer. good shit man.

Frank
08-20-2013, 08:58 PM
Genocide living up to the hype. Good commercial style - nasty double time. Quality shined through the shitty recording so that's saying somethin - only feedback I could give to you is interact with the chorus like a cypher - don't leave too much empty space on the track - fill it with your voice where you could, only real difference between a freestyle and a song, otherwise good going.

Geno
08-21-2013, 12:15 PM
Word. Thanks frank
I was kind of thinking about that also.. like a couple words in the background through the chorus. Or maybe do something like em did on the pistol pistol chorus. The way he had an underlying chorus behind the regular chorus. Ill probably fix that before I do anything else with the track.