PDA

View Full Version : best looking pc games

uh-oh
12-30-2014, 06:38 PM
so yo, my pc is way beastier than i thought it would be, i picked what i thought was a pretty weak graphics card but this shit is immaculate yo

i got "ryse: son of rome" and while the game itself is pretty shitty, its fucking BEAUTIFUL. its the best looking game i've ever seen.

so whats some really dope looking pc games i wanna see my pc's limits

i mean i get recommended settings, but even if i go in and put it higher than recommended, i notice no difference at all in performance, maybe its just not recommended because it makes the card hot? i dunno

but word recommend some shit

Diode
12-30-2014, 06:45 PM
skyrim fully modded with enb and 4k textures

shadow of mordor

dragon age

far cry 4 on ultra

veritas
12-30-2014, 06:46 PM
Maniac mansion: day of the tentacle

PancakeBrah
12-30-2014, 06:46 PM
Quake.

Inno
12-30-2014, 06:50 PM
halflife.

uh-oh
12-30-2014, 06:58 PM
i have far cry 4 and shadows of mordor, shadows of mordor looked pretty dope but i only played it for like a minute and a half before shutting it off and playing other games. i'll go back to it eventually tho. far cry 4 i was gonna play the others first. i got them all installed far cry 1 just felt wack tho

is it linear, or is each game stand alone? like am i missing anything if i just skip to 4?

also skyrim never really impressed me, i kind of hated that piece of trash. but i might get it again just to get all those graphics mods

is it worth getting the 4k thing if i just have a regular hd monitor tho? or would i need a 4k monitor?

Inno
12-30-2014, 07:33 PM
i have far cry 4 and shadows of mordor, shadows of mordor looked pretty dope but i only played it for like a minute and a half before shutting it off and playing other games. i'll go back to it eventually tho. far cry 4 i was gonna play the others first. i got them all installed far cry 1 just felt wack tho

is it linear, or is each game stand alone? like am i missing anything if i just skip to 4?

also skyrim never really impressed me, i kind of hated that piece of trash. but i might get it again just to get all those graphics mods

is it worth getting the 4k thing if i just have a regular hd monitor tho? or would i need a 4k monitor?

each farcry game stands alone. meaning you dont have to play the previous ones to enjoy
this one. im playing it now but on ps4 and its amazing. im sure with the right pc its pretty dope aswell. I suggest you play it.

as far as skyrim goes. its just massive. like 2 to 3 years massive lol. ive prolly logged about
200 to 300 hundred hours in that game. all im saying if you do play it
gwt ready to invest some time.

El Muffin
12-30-2014, 07:39 PM
dude how you gon say that when the ending of the 3rd one basically makes the protagonist who he is

its that's dudes bro right? that got

*SPOILERS*

Captured and tortured/brainwashed n shit

honestly I didn't play the fourth yet..been out here..but I heard its directly linked to the third

mebe im wrong

Shank
12-30-2014, 07:52 PM
starcraft 2 is dope af

i just dl'd counterstrike as well haven't played in YEARS.

lemme know if you get either

uh-oh
12-30-2014, 08:18 PM
ive thought about starcraft but im miserable at RTS games. i get too stoned and theres too much going on for my brain to wrap around it, and starcraft is like THE rts game as far as i know. im a beast at turnbased shit tho. civ/totalwar/etc.

ive played skyrim i just didnt dig it. its like a better looking world of warcraft except not online, and just kind of bored me. but all the elder scroll games kind of do that to me. my problem is i start over too much so the GIANT world with tons of quests/missions never gets explored, and i level to like 10 doing the same missions and then just never get back into it

i like the fallout games tho. i'll probably get skyrim again tho i guess.

im gonna probably peep the farcry out my next day off. maybe new years day.

i wanna get into that shadows of mordor i just hate lord of the rings its corny to me, but i mean i'm playing that terrible hack and slash ryse/rome game so i figure i can get into the hack and slash mordor

i also wanted to play all the assassins creeds, i only played the first two and really enjoyed them. so i got like 4 more to dig into as well

PancakeBrah
12-30-2014, 08:21 PM
Doom.

Fart
12-30-2014, 11:16 PM
gta 5 comes out in a couple weeks on PC

how has no one said crysis 3 yet? get that if you wanna test your gpu.

uh-oh
12-31-2014, 06:59 AM
word i googled crytek cuz they made that ryse son of rome game to see what else they made and seen they were behind crysis too

got it downloading now.

Inno
12-31-2014, 10:24 AM
dude how you gon say that when the ending of the 3rd one basically makes the protagonist who he is

its that's dudes bro right? that got

*SPOILERS*

jesus.

none of the gamez have anuthing to do with each other.
each game is based in a different location. different bad guy.
different story. this new protagonist is a different person.
the only link between 3 and 4 is that one character from 3 shows ups
in the 4th but it's only for 3 missions ands thats if u get that
the special edition farcry4.

Captured and tortured/brainwashed n shit

honestly I didn't play the fourth yet..been out here..but I heard its directly linked to the third

mebe im wrong

Arid
12-31-2014, 03:36 PM
Watchdogs is gorgeous. It's also extremely fun.

Dragon Age: Inquisition is also beautiful on high settings, but if you haven't played the first two, you're gonna have a hard time.

Shadow Of Mordor is way deeper than it seems at first and you'll enjoy it immensely if you have any love for action RPG's.

Alien: Isolation is perhaps the sexiest game out now, the art style isn't all flashy but if you're comp can handle the highest settings then it'll make you wee yourself.

Divinity: Original Sin is my personal favorite right now. It's not nearly as pretty as most new games, but the game play is pure genius. Tactical Turn Based Combat in a hugely entertaining world. This game makes me think of Dungeon Siege meets XCOM with splashes of WoW humor and references to The Wheel Of Time.

Legend Of Grimrock 2 is again, not as pretty as most new games, but it's the best first person square based dungeon crawl I've played since Eye of the Beholder.

Assassins Creed: Black Flag is the only recent entry in the series I found playable. The latest is HORRIBLE and buggy as shit still even after a bunch of patches.

Endless Legend is a CIV style game with tactical combat that's fairly good looking at high settings. I don't get into 4X games, all those menus...

PC Gamer (http://www.pcgamer.com/lpc/) has galleries of screenshots taken at the highest possible resolutions. I haven't played most of the games featured there, but the screenshots look pretty.

Sharp
12-31-2014, 04:17 PM
starcraft 2 is dope af

i just dl'd counterstrike as well haven't played in YEARS.

lemme know if you get either

That counter strike source or go?

PancakeBrah
12-31-2014, 04:40 PM
Duke Nukem

Shank
12-31-2014, 04:41 PM
That counter strike source or go?

Got the whole package with all of them. You play ?

Sharp
12-31-2014, 05:20 PM
Got the whole package with all of them. You play ?

i got source on steam but it's been a minute

i'll still 360 noscope the fuck outta you

Shank
12-31-2014, 05:23 PM
i got source on steam but it's been a minute

i'll still 360 noscope the fuck outta you

i haven't played since i was 13-14 aha i'm rusty as fuuck

uh-oh
12-31-2014, 06:30 PM
Duke Nukem

lol you are committed

uh-oh
12-31-2014, 06:33 PM
Watchdogs is gorgeous. It's also extremely fun.

Dragon Age: Inquisition is also beautiful on high settings, but if you haven't played the first two, you're gonna have a hard time.

Shadow Of Mordor is way deeper than it seems at first and you'll enjoy it immensely if you have any love for action RPG's.

Alien: Isolation is perhaps the sexiest game out now, the art style isn't all flashy but if you're comp can handle the highest settings then it'll make you wee yourself.

Divinity: Original Sin is my personal favorite right now. It's not nearly as pretty as most new games, but the game play is pure genius. Tactical Turn Based Combat in a hugely entertaining world. This game makes me think of Dungeon Siege meets XCOM with splashes of WoW humor and references to The Wheel Of Time.

Legend Of Grimrock 2 is again, not as pretty as most new games, but it's the best first person square based dungeon crawl I've played since Eye of the Beholder.

Assassins Creed: Black Flag is the only recent entry in the series I found playable. The latest is HORRIBLE and buggy as shit still even after a bunch of patches.

Endless Legend is a CIV style game with tactical combat that's fairly good looking at high settings. I don't get into 4X games, all those menus...

PC Gamer (http://www.pcgamer.com/lpc/) has galleries of screenshots taken at the highest possible resolutions. I haven't played most of the games featured there, but the screenshots look pretty.

word good looking out, gonna check those. basically adding shit to a list. i look forward to black flag im just a WEIRDO who wants to be caught up storywise so im gonna play through 1 and 2 again, and everything else in order as well

hopefully it goes quick i'll probably skip all the side shit in 1 and 2 just to get into "new" content lol.

i just remember trailers/and gameplay from blackflag and it looked dope with the ships and all that and islands or whatever

El Muffin
12-31-2014, 09:58 PM
lol Innovator jesus'ing me because i don't know about far cry 4

ok so its loosely associated

i personally hate jumping in a series late w/out playing the previous installments

like bioshock

i HAD to pkay the first before fucking w/ the second and infinite.

but that's different. i see your point

Sharp
01-01-2015, 11:10 AM
i haven't played since i was 13-14 aha i'm rusty as fuuck

I only played it a few times lol we'd probably get shot up by some 12 year olds before we could ever shoot each other lol