PDA

View Full Version : Week 7 Mag

Sharp
01-09-2015, 11:10 AM
Intro

Sup guys, sorry for the delay. But we all need extensions right? now King Karaoke put your verse up. Last week we had our first champ match and hopefully it starts a trend of dope battles for the NBL crown. Congrats to kar for the win.

Reviews

Champ Match: Karaoke vs Allen Knight
Dope inaugural champ match, props to both guys for their 5-0 runs. Hard to quote just one or two bars from both guys tbh. Karaoke had some heavy personals that were flipped really well that made for a heavy personal verse against Allen. AK came with some cool wordplay but if he had any problem it was how many nameflips he used. Some of it was dope like Nightcap but by the end it felt like there were a lot of those nameflips.

Contender Match: Cashius vs Swerve
Alright battle, these guys have dropped hotter but still a good read tbh. Swerve had a great verse for keying under the gun but in general it was alright, well worded but nothing too harsh. His Strikta line was a funny take on a Cash flip and the manziel and hitman lines were cool. Cashius was a more polished and had harder hitting bars, his Top Five line was dope, Patellar was slick and Big Ben was funny with the rest being consistent. He took it by shutout and moves onto the champ match while Swerve catches the 'did not vote' ban.

Destroyer 3-2 Vs Amen 3-2
Cool battle, both guys came alright with nothing too major that lead to voters picking who had the harsher bars. Voters were split between Destro's Amiable and selfie lines and Amen's Dest-a-knee and Cash flow lines. Honestly I thought Amen's flips were either meh or straight up forced but he had wording on his side. It was close and I'm a little surprised there weren't more votes for Destroyer but the consensus is that Amen got it and moves on to the contender match.

Blanco Bishop 2-3 Vs Timeless 0-1
Cool battle and mad close. Good read. Timeless is more of a topical cat but he's come into his own battling style and had some harder bars than I've seen from him. His follow the dollar and Promise lines were mad cool. Blanco's got some concise, more NC-style wording that can get formulaic if overdone but I like his use of it. The Asia Air and Blasio lines were cool. It came down to consistency and most voters gave it to Blanco on a split decision.

Potatosacklegend 0-5 Vs Junto 0-0
Alright battle. PSL is making steps toward harsh bars and it showed here with his cajun line. He's got a good handle on wordplay, with some harder execution and wordplay he'll be a stronger competitor for sure. Junto showed up, never seen him before but he's got some text experience. The moving trees line was cool, and the voters all agreed that he had a stronger overall verse. Looking forward to seeing more from both.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baEqe2_vH30

Battle of the Week
-King Karaoke vs Allen Knight-

King Karaoke

Hi...

All your lines are either about sportscenter or "I'll stab you with blade or the knife"
U make all those sports references yet u look like u've never played one a day in your life
We laughed when u called yourself Maserati, somebody must've told this jerk wrong
You're only allowed to nickname urself after the cars u own, not the ones u worked on
And that video you posted proved that you're as quiet as a mouse
How do u expect us to believe that u have a social life when u could barely get out the house
Your crib is small as hell, newborn pussy couldn't be tighter
& ur car's a piece of shit, anyone who thinks that Honda slaps hasn't played street fighter
I was Nbl champ, u were rb champ...our "We are the champions" collab couldn't be greater
Guess that idea sounded Ridiculous to you when you winded up losing to him a week later
I've beat you before, I don't have to try hard to drop you
You couldn't be a step above the competition if you were Ndamukong Suh
It's crazy how our crew had so much talent yet you suck
Had a crush on every member, you wanted each Bad Guy inside of you like Negaduck
Your lines are as flat as a chick with no chest
Don't know why you call yourself a riot writer when your shit's more like a civil protest

Bye...

Allen Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Karaoke View Post
I really almost left over Amen's pic, u'd understand if u've ever been near the hood
All we got in common is that it takes a headshot to make either of us to leave here for good

so trademarks a vag for postin pics?, we kno the deal rookie
ironic you ducked & called Ambush but its no surprise your the real pussy
u wont win w/ that wordin, u gruesome fuck
cuz Carolina urs is flipped & mangled worse than cam newtons truck
ur not black faggot, ur asian as fuck u clown
ur Yellow King & it wont take a new season of true detective to hunt u down
ur crews a bunch of faggots, that hawk ur john
cuz Cariaso gay u let'em take turns in u at all sides & angles like a octagon
try puttin a bounty on my head, my ruger blast jaws
cuz if u come at Nightcap then 1 shot to ur fuckin mouth is ur last call
ur slut's a hideous creature, that ho is a bust
last bitch Kerosene naked would make our eyes instantly explode in disgust
ur archive has endless trash, belongs out in a can,b
shits dont just Philbin, it could overflow landfills from ur house to miami
ur ashamed of urself n u dont have kush or a bitch
cuz ur Lion King, & ur face has more scars then gettin pushed off a cliff

Karaoke wins 8-0

Sharp
01-09-2015, 11:24 AM
Top Punches

Karaoke vs Allen Knight
Your crib is small as hell, newborn pussy couldn't be tighter
& ur car's a piece of shit, anyone who thinks that Honda slaps hasn't played street fighter

Cashius vs Swerve
Every single girl turns you down. He ain't even boning no cows
Even those bitches that Big Ben throwing passes at him...this lame's like Antonio Brown

Allen Knight vs Karaoke
try puttin a bounty on my head, my ruger blast jaws
cuz if u come at Nightcap then 1 shot to ur fuckin mouth is ur last call

Cashius vs Swerve
Don't lie...Bitches despise you. Head? You're not gonna get it, my G
Cause no matter what Patellar Reflex is the OPPOSITE of hitting her knees

Karaoke vs Allen Knight
We laughed when u called yourself Maserati, somebody must've told this jerk wrong
You're only allowed to nickname urself after the cars u own, not the ones u worked on

Destroyer vs Amen
scared to go pics, but u post selfies in chat threads... full of men, dude
guess u dont want cats to take whacks at em, unless its in the privacy of their own bedroom

Junto vs Potatosacklegend
Yea I'm a G so I flip shit... we know that you don't be bout that biz
This week's the only time of year you EVER movin tree out your crib

timeless vs Blanco Bishop
Chase the Green everyday, plus I got the pounds I been growing.
If you Follow the Dollar, its cus your broke and the wind's blowing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzlpv3iGI5s

Power Rankings

1. Karaoke
Current champ and last season shows he can defend the title.

2. Cashius
One of the maybe 5 guys in the league right now I can see beating Karaoke and he has the chance to do it.

3/4. Amen/Muff
Contenders in a close matchup. Hard to say who's moving on to the champ match next week.

5. Alvin Karpis
Last season's champ back in and could definitely see a champ match in the near future.

6. Destroyer
One of the better active in the NBL and definitely headed for a contender match in the near future.

7/8. Knucklehead/Strikta
Great battlers who could definitely champ provided they show AND dont get themselves rebanned.

Parent of the Century
http://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=518066945024484&pnref=story

I lol'd

WEEK 5 ROAST RESULTS

this is where it goes if Strikta ever does it

if not this is where I'll put the pics/video of his crucifixion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G9BffoByTg

Previews

Champ match: King Karaoke 6-0 vs Cashius 4-0
This should be dope. Two of the best active heads in text in a champ match that could easily be one of this season's highlights. It's tought to predict because both of these guys are capable of phoning it in or dropping absolute flames. The last time these two battled was last season, with Karaoke coming out on top. Both are capable of taking it here, I can't really call it either way.
Equal shot: 50/50

Contender Match: Amen 4-2 vs Muff 4-2
Should be a good rematch here. These two met earlier in the season and Amen took it pretty convincingly. That said this one could definitely go either way, both dudes having their own styles that they use effectively and their own shortcomings that show up occasionally. I gotta give Amen the slight edge for beating Muff a few weeks ago, but if Muff gets the dub here it wouldn't be an upset.
Amen: 55/45

Destroyer 3-3 vs Mercules 3-3
This one has potential to be good, both guys can be hot and cold but have been dropping solid verses lately. If both come correct it could definitely be close, but I feel like Destroyer has harsher concepts overall. While there's potential for Merc to make it tight and potentially win, I think Des has a better shot of taking it.
Destroyer: 60/40

E Tha Real 3-3 vs Alvin Karpis 1-1
I personally dig this matchup cause both guys use shorter bars than average. I'd say Alvin uses them more effectively - his track record speaks for itself. That said, Alvin vs Greed was a pretty similar situation last season and ended with Greed getting the upset. With that in mind Alvin is likely to drop the harder verse but I can't count E out.
Alvin: 75/25

Junto 1-0 vs Greed 1-2
Junto had a cool verse last week with some harsh lines. Greed's a bit of a wild card but if Junto repeats what he did this week it could be close It'll really come down to how Greed drops and since I haven't seen him in a bit I give Junto a slight edge.
Junto: 60/40

Knucklehead 2-1 vs Strikta 2-1
Dope, should be awesome if both guys show up, which is questionable considering they both got real life shit that could keep them from showing. Strikta can drop some absurdly hot verses that would beat anyone when he's motivated and I think he wants to make waves this season. Knucklehead has champed NBL before against the likes of fierce competitors such as Hollywood and yours truly. It'll probably come down to consistency and both guys are wild cards right now. I could see either one pulling it off, should be a good one though.
Either way: 50/50

Blanco Bishop 3-3 vs Legion 1-0
Could be a cool battle, Blanco's been improving a lot and has some harsh wording at times but can struggle with concepts. Legion caught the NS win last week so I haven't seen him yet. Gotta go with what I seen so Blanco gets a slight edge for having a handle on text. Def not counting Legion out though.
Blanco: 55/45

Timeless 0-2 vs Potatosacklegend 0-6
These guys are the only winless heads in NBL right now and honestly they don't battle like it. Both have competent, decent verses with a good sense of battling. Both of them are coming into their own style which leads to some iffy bars but as a whole are decent. It could end up with either dude taking it but I think timeless has an advantage with wording.
Timeless: 65/35

Nightmare 0-0 vs Dekon G 0-0
Don't know who these guys are and I'm counting on a no show if not two.
Whoever shows: 100/0

Outro

Yo guys. The voting link thread is getting lonely. It needs your companionship and posts. And that way I can count accurately. Everyone wins. Plus I'll probably have some news for you guys about working with RB in the future as far as battling goes (not a merge fuck that). Thats all, keep doing what you're doing.

Legion Of Cocks in my mouth
01-09-2015, 01:51 PM
Dope mag

Mercules
01-09-2015, 02:16 PM
good shit fellas. looking forward to some good battles this wk

Mercules
01-09-2015, 02:17 PM
lmao @ that blocked shot on the baby

"get shit that outta hurrrr!!!"

Blanco Bishop
01-10-2015, 09:25 PM
Cool shit.

Effort is appreciated.

E Tha Real
01-11-2015, 11:35 AM
Excellent mag. Stellar job as always.

Felt like it was missing something others had tho ( .)(. )

Glossy Finish Dick Lips
01-11-2015, 01:04 PM
I would really like someone to explain how my bars were forced? Lol.

I don't get it or why some are saying that... Cool mag, tho.

Cred
01-11-2015, 03:59 PM
This was a nice read guys. Cheers.

Sharp
01-11-2015, 05:12 PM
I would really like someone to explain how my bars were forced? Lol.

I just try to represent the voter opinions tbh

personally 'dest-a-knee' didn't feel natural to me since I hear it as 'des troy er'

it'd be like trying to flip 'obno' on you or 'karao' on karaoke

but i thought your wording was crisp af

Destroyer
01-11-2015, 07:00 PM
i think what he was trying to say is that i got robbed like my name was Des Bryant

Neighbor
01-11-2015, 10:32 PM
Dope work