PDA

View Full Version : anderson silva da cheat.

Diode
02-18-2015, 05:45 PM
tested positive for roids in the post-fight test AND had benzos in his system too LOLOLOLOLOL

rip legacy

Strikta
02-19-2015, 09:19 AM
I didn't think it was roids? I thought it was just some bullshit to help his leg come along.

The benzo thing is lolz tho. Maybe he's got anxiety.

Fart
02-19-2015, 10:17 AM
Probably roids to hekp
His leg

Batty
02-20-2015, 12:44 AM
Silva used to be my dude many years ago.

He used to be disciplined and humble.

Fuck that nugga now tho

oats
02-20-2015, 01:16 AM
I don't think it changes his legacy. it's fishy to me to think that he's managed to cycle intelligently his whole career and then slipped up in his last fight - he pissed hot in the post-fight as well. like, did he just get super sloppy all of a sudden? that's not to say that this was the FIRST time he ever took steroids, but it's reasonable to think that he was roid-free in his UFC stint. And coming off a pretty big surgery, being 39 years old - that's a pretty understandable context to be taking steroids in. clearly he was under a lot of pressure, hence the antidepressants/anxiety meds, and the tearful breakdown at the end of the fight.

besides, of all PED busts in the modern era of the UFC, fighters in those fights went 18-23-1. Obv there were likely people taking steroids who weren't caught, but at the very least it underscores the point that steroids don't necessitate success in the cage, at least not as much as just being a good fighter.

that's my take, I'm not big on moralizing PED use personally. athletes are incentivized to take PED's, really not that surprising. this one stung a bit, though

uh-oh
02-20-2015, 05:35 AM
from my understanding they all do them so his legacy is fine in my eyes

Diode
02-20-2015, 10:57 AM
I don't think it changes his legacy. it's fishy to me to think that he's managed to cycle intelligently his whole career and then slipped up in his last fight - he pissed hot in the post-fight as well. like, did he just get super sloppy all of a sudden? that's not to say that this was the FIRST time he ever took steroids, but it's reasonable to think that he was roid-free in his UFC stint. And coming off a pretty big surgery, being 39 years old - that's a pretty understandable context to be taking steroids in. clearly he was under a lot of pressure, hence the antidepressants/anxiety meds, and the tearful breakdown at the end of the fight.

besides, of all PED busts in the modern era of the UFC, fighters in those fights went 18-23-1. Obv there were likely people taking steroids who weren't caught, but at the very least it underscores the point that steroids don't necessitate success in the cage, at least not as much as just being a good fighter.

that's my take, I'm not big on moralizing PED use personally. athletes are incentivized to take PED's, really not that surprising. this one stung a bit, though

this was the first time he was ever tested out of comp though.

oats
02-20-2015, 11:19 AM
yeah, but he also tested positive in his post-fight. and for cheap-ass steroids. you'd think that someone of his stature could afford something better/less detectable. I don't know, it's obviously anecdotal, but it just doesn't seem like he was a savvy cycler that just suddenly failed so comprehensively.

it lines up easier to think he was taking roids because he was a 39 year old past his physical prime returning from a horrific injury, not that his career is built on successful cycling except for one complete fail.

as far as I'm concerned, he probably did steroids before, but I'd guess most fighters (athletes) have at one point or another, but more important than that was his skill and training camps. still the GOAT until Jon Jones strings together a couple more defenses.

Diode
02-20-2015, 11:42 AM
yeah, but he also tested positive in his post-fight. and for cheap-ass steroids. you'd think that someone of his stature could afford something better/less detectable. I don't know, it's obviously anecdotal, but it just doesn't seem like he was a savvy cycler that just suddenly failed so comprehensively.

it lines up easier to think he was taking roids because he was a 39 year old past his physical prime returning from a horrific injury, not that his career is built on successful cycling except for one complete fail.

as far as I'm concerned, he probably did steroids before, but I'd guess most fighters (athletes) have at one point or another, but more important than that was his skill and training camps. still the GOAT until Jon Jones strings together a couple more defenses.
no love for frenchy?

oats
02-20-2015, 11:46 AM
GSP takes a backseat to Silva imo, just for lack of the spectacular. But he's obviously a GOAT candidate, and it can be reasonably argued that he's the greatest. I think Jones will end up eclipsing both GSP and Silva, but those are far and away the shortlist at this point.

Diode
02-20-2015, 11:53 AM
GSP takes a backseat to Silva imo, just for lack of the spectacular. But he's obviously a GOAT candidate, and it can be reasonably argued that he's the greatest. I think Jones will end up eclipsing both GSP and Silva, but those are far and away the shortlist at this point.

what about brown pride? you think jones would have a chance?

oats
02-20-2015, 08:31 PM
what about brown pride? you think jones would have a chance?

Idk man. I'm curious to see how jones would look as a heavyweight. It would be a really tough fight, but I think Jones has a path to victory. He wouldn't be the favorite though. Cain might put too much pressure on him and overwhelm him, like he has been able to do with everyone else at HW. So yeah. I'd take Cain, but Jones could def win.

Allen Knight
02-20-2015, 09:33 PM
his last fight was weak.

oats
02-20-2015, 09:52 PM
Diode you might enjoy this:

http://deadspin.com/even-god-cheats-how-anderson-silva-shocked-us-by-doing-1686894885

Glossy Finish Dick Lips
02-21-2015, 08:29 AM
I thought he took something to help heal him quicker tho?

Diode
02-21-2015, 10:04 AM
Diode you might enjoy this:

http://deadspin.com/even-god-cheats-how-anderson-silva-shocked-us-by-doing-1686894885

great article. the linked on inside of it, back to that fateful day in 2013:

http://deadspin.com/anderson-silva-the-ufcs-troll-king-wins-again-698330884

the last line is prescient.