PDA

View Full Version : Playoffs! Round 1 chat and predictions.

Certain
03-16-2015, 02:26 AM
http://i.imgur.com/xQXiuie.gif

Welcome back!

OK, let's be blunt here: The league has been shit since the site came back. The activity is way down, and no one knows how committed anyone is. Well, here's the thing: We've got a great field signed up for the Art of Writing League Season 4 playoffs, and I don't think we should waste it.

I'm committed. I hope you will be too.

All first-round battles include a mandatory check-in by Wednesday, which also will be when I have a magazine up that I promise will be worth your time. Verses will be due Sunday, with 24-hour extensions available upon request.

Here are the first-round battles, with topics pulled from Talking Heads song titles.

FIRST-ROUND BYES
1. Certain (10-2)
2. dead man (8-3)

FIRST-ROUND BATTLES
8. Zen (5-1) vs. 9. Witty (5-2) | This Must Be the Place
5. NYCSPITZ (7-5) vs. 12. Dominate (3-2) | Road to Nowhere
4. CopyPat (8-4) vs. 13. Defiant (3-4) | Stay Hungry
3. UnbornBuddha (8-3) vs. 14. Soulstice (3-5) | No Compassion
6. timeless (6-5) vs. 11. Adonis (3-1) | Once In a Lifetime
7. Mr. J (6-5) vs. 10. Dr Dog (3-1) | Cities

Zen
03-16-2015, 02:52 AM
You should've pulled out, man. I'm glad you're alive though.

Inno
03-16-2015, 02:18 PM
looking forward to that zen and witty battle.

Split Eight
03-16-2015, 11:05 PM
I'm so down.

dead man
03-16-2015, 11:56 PM
i came in here to be like yo where is my battle

and yeah, well, anyway

thanks!

dead man
03-17-2015, 12:02 AM
8. Zen (5-1) vs. 9. Witty (5-2) | This Must Be the Place -- zen seems to be hitting a stride at the moment where i haven't seen witty performing as of late. yet if both show up this wlll be a phenomenal match-up.
5. NYCSPITZ (7-5) vs. 12. Dominate (3-2) | Road to Nowhere -- dom's heart does not seem to be in it. great match considering the history of these guys circa RW. i love battles like this. cant wait.
4. CopyPat (8-4) vs. 13. Defiant (3-4) | Stay Hungry -- i think copypat will win this handily. the dice will fall where they may..
3. UnbornBuddha (8-3) vs. 14. Soulstice (3-5) | No Compassion -- personally a fan of soul's style over buddha's and will predict this dude over pretty much anybody. it will be a long-winded, well-read match of wits. lots of abstraction and analysis. really looking forward to this one.
6. timeless (6-5) vs. 11. Adonis (3-1) | Once In a Lifetime -- if either one brings their fully capability, it will be a good match-up.
7. Mr. J (6-5) vs. 10. Dr Dog (3-1) | Cities -- excited to see split's return to the scene. i will predict him over mr. j rather easily, not to discredit J. however split could definitely be feeling that rust. i know i am..

word

Soulstice
03-17-2015, 05:48 PM
8. Zen (5-1) vs. 9. Witty (5-2) | This Must Be the Place
- A lot of good battles, but this one will be the best, both have a grasp on all things that make a topical good. it will come down to concept, where witty can shine if he shows up.

5. NYCSPITZ(7-5) vs. 12. Dominate (3-2) | Road to Nowhere
- dominate had some good verses this season, but NYC is consistent and will use this topic to create an imaginative tale.

4. CopyPat (8-4) vs. 13. Defiant (3-4) | Stay Hungry
-CopyPat had some misses and some big hits this season. I'm going to give it to him because I can't remember reading much Defiant and Copy has less rust to shake off.

6. timeless (6-5) vs. 11. Adonis (3-1) | Once In a Lifetime
- If Adonis fleshes together a well thought out concept then I can see him taking it, but timeless is a little more consistent

7. Mr. J (6-5) vs. 10. Dr Dog (3-1) | Cities
- Excited to see Split return to form, but Mr J has been participating very recently and should be rust free. I think the topic lends itself to split a little more, he can create some interesting imagery att imes.

dead man
03-17-2015, 10:56 PM
who else is super excited, tho?????

surprised to see Dancake not in the bracket, tho

PancakeBrah
03-18-2015, 12:21 AM
Certain's always had a grudge against me for some reason.

Certain
03-18-2015, 01:20 AM
All you had to do was post a verse. :(

Witty
03-18-2015, 09:51 AM
Me vs Zen = rhyme overdose.

big baby
03-18-2015, 01:24 PM
dick move certain

Adonis
03-19-2015, 12:06 AM
Why did think verses were due tomorrow??? Is that how it's normally done?

Well I'm ready and will hate having free time to play with because i'll likely over think shit

Ah well.

Certain
03-20-2015, 05:43 PM
I'll have that magazine up tomorrow. Sorry about the delay. Life is pretty hectic right now.

Witty
03-20-2015, 07:04 PM
I'll have that magazine up tomorrow. Sorry about the delay. Life is pretty hectic right now.

Question - Is Lionel Messi the greatest player to ever live?

Yes or no with an explanation either way plz <3

Witty
03-20-2015, 07:40 PM
Good article on the subject: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3002370/Lionel-Messi-not-broken-records-broke-Manchester-City-s-spirit-mesmerising-display.html

Mike Wrecka
03-20-2015, 09:02 PM

I know nothing of soccer. But can't an argument be made that Messi isn't even the best player playing right now. To my extremely untrained eye watching the World Cup I thought Ronaldo looked better. But again, I am ignorant to this foreign I must play without my hands sport

Zen
03-20-2015, 09:12 PM
Portugal didn't even make it past the group stage lol

Witty
03-20-2015, 09:30 PM
I know nothing of soccer. But can't an argument be made that Messi isn't even the best player playing right now. To my extremely untrained eye watching the World Cup I thought Ronaldo looked better. But again, I am ignorant to this foreign I must play without my hands sport

Ronaldo may have looked better at the world cup, I actually don't remember, and Ronaldo is definitely one of the all time greats, but he is not as naturally gifted as Messi, I don't think anybody has ever been. Maradona and George Best were amazingly gifted too but I think Messi overshadows even those two.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=191ceh8MDuI

Also, the number of records he holds is amazing.

World records

- Only player to ever win all of the Balon d’Or, FIFA World Player, Pichichi and Golden Shoe in the same season (2009/10).

- Youngest three-time winner of the Balon d’Or in January 2012 (24 years, 6 months and 17 days.

- Only person to win four consecutive Balon d’Or trophies (2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012).

- Top scorer in one season of official matches: 73 goals in 2011/12 (50 in La Liga, 14 in Champions League, 3 in Cup, 3 in the Spanish Supercup, 1 in the European Supercup and 2 in the Clubs World Cup.

- Top goalscorer in a calendar year: 96 goals in 2012. 84 for Barça (59 in the Liga, 13 in the Champions League, 5 in the Spanish Cup, 2 in the Spanish Supercup and 5 in friendly matches) and 12 for Argentina.

- Longest scoring run in La Liga (33 goals in 21 consecutive games (2012/13)).

European records

- Leading goalscorer in League history with 253 goals in 289 matches, surpassing the record of 251 goals set by Telmo Zarra of Athletic club de Bilbao which had stood since 1955.

- All-time top goalscorer in the Champions League, tied with Raúl on 71 goals. The Argentinian did it in 90 games while Raúl did it in 142 games for Real Madrid and Schalke 04.

- Only player to be top goalscorer in the Champions League for four consecutive seasons (2008/09 to 2011/12).

- Top goalscorer in a European league in the Golden Shoe era, since 1966/67 (50 goals in 2011/12).

- Top goalscorer in a league (50 goals in 2011/12).

- Top goalscorer in home matches in a league season (35 goals at the Camp Nou in Liga 2011/12).

- Top goalscorer in away matches in a league season (24 goals in Liga 2012/13).

- Most games scoring away from home (15 games and 24 goals in Liga 2012/13).

- Top goalscorer in second half of La Liga (28 goals in the Liga 2011/12).

- Only top goalscorer and top supplier of assists in the same season (50 goals and 15 assists (tied with Özil of Real Madrid) in Liga 2011/12).

- Top overall goalscorer in a season: 75 goals in 2011/12 (50 in La Liga, 14 in the Champions League, 3 in the Cup, 3 in the Spanish Supercup, 1 in the European Supercup, 2 in the Clubs World Cup and 2 in friendlies).

- First player to score in every game for half of a Liga season (30 goals in 19 consecutive games in Liga 2012/13.

Mike Wrecka
03-20-2015, 09:52 PM
Portugal didn't even make it past the group stage lol

Don't lol me u fuck. Knowing things about soccer is un American. I expect more from u zen. I'm not mad. I'm disappointed

dead man
03-20-2015, 10:17 PM
fuck everybody

Zen
03-20-2015, 11:03 PM
Witty, Messi is rad because I’m too young to have watched Pele or Maradona and Messi is better than Ronaldo. Therefore, Messi is da GOAT.

Mike, I just forgot everything about soccer because I just remembered kicking is for girls.

dead man, I am also super excited for the playoffs!!

I just smoked DMT about an hour ago so I’m pretty happy with my life right now. About to go write a verse about a place. See ya.

sral
03-21-2015, 08:18 AM
messi is still considered better than ronaldo? i'd say ronaldos been edging him of late

both incredibly talented though, messi the more naturally gifted

Witty
03-21-2015, 11:52 AM
Ronaldo had a better 2014, Messi himself even admitted that, but overall I would say Messi just about edges him. There is nothing that man can not do with a football.

His performance against Man City on Wednesday night was flawless, it blew me away, I didn't think after all this time he could do things I wouldn't expect but clearly he still can lol.

Witty
03-21-2015, 12:02 PM
Although, maybe if I was older I would not be so sure about Messi, because Maradona was a fucking genius too. It's between those two for me, then Ronaldo, then George Best, then Zinedine Zidane, and THEN Pele who I can not really rate among those others due to not seeing enough of him play, but from what I have seen I'd say he belongs in the list. I do think he may be a bit overrated tho.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBpu-M6kXCk

PancakeBrah
03-21-2015, 12:21 PM
Zidane was dope ff9

Previous season champs should get an automatic bid into the playoffs, obviously.

Or whatever.

Witty
03-21-2015, 01:24 PM
Agreed.

Certain
03-23-2015, 04:02 PM
CopyPat, Defiant, Mr. J, Dr Dog, UnbornBuddha, Soulstice, Zen and Witty, verses or extension requests are due in about 11 hours.

Certain
03-23-2015, 04:07 PM
Vulgar, why do you hate me?

Vulgar
03-24-2015, 12:49 AM
I don't hate anyone here, sometimes I get competitive though and I think it reflects in my communication/interaction with participants here. Sore loser, I am not. I'm taking a break from rhyme form for awhile, but I'm here in spirit.

Certain
03-24-2015, 02:37 AM
Zen gets a special brownie for posting without an extension.

big baby
03-24-2015, 11:17 PM
Brazilian Ronaldo >

Split Eight
03-24-2015, 11:19 PM
aquí

Split Eight
03-25-2015, 12:00 AM
after reading what Zen wrote, I almost don't want to put pen to page. damn.

Soulstice
03-25-2015, 12:46 AM
Wow. Just noticed the stylistic differences in certains side and blacks side of the brackets. It's like AL and nl or something

Certain
03-25-2015, 02:01 AM

No. Greatness is a measure of both ability and accomplishment. You can't be the greatest ever when you haven't really shown it in a World Cup and your club teams have underachieved at least slightly.

Diego Maradona was obscene.

Witty
03-25-2015, 07:02 AM
No. Greatness is a measure of both ability and accomplishment. You can't be the greatest ever when you haven't really shown it in a World Cup and your club teams have underachieved at least slightly.

Diego Maradona was obscene.

Fair point, there is less of an emphasis on winning the World Cup these days simply because the champions league is a much higher standard of football, but I do agree, it's hard to call someone the greatest if they haven't won it, great players carry teams and win games alone, Messi has yet to do that for Argentina when it really matters. He's still relatively young and has probably 2 World Cups left so we shall see if he ever gets his hands on it. I'd imagine the next one is his best chance as he will be over the hill by 2022. The Barcelona team of a few years ago was probably the best I have ever seen.

New question - is Messi the most talented player of all time?

Witty
03-25-2015, 07:45 AM
I should also say that at club level nobody has ever had the impact both Messi and Ronaldo are having...it pretty much looks like, by the time they retire, between them they will hold all records possible, in terms of attacking players.

Split Eight
03-25-2015, 09:27 AM
Messi the god

Brb World Cup finalists

dead man
03-25-2015, 09:47 AM
everyone should watch this netflix documentary series on Manaus, Brazil. it's the dopest city ever

fucking sloths and tamarins everywhere

and ocelots!

i might make that move lowkey

Witty
03-25-2015, 10:09 AM
I've been wanting to visit Brazil for a long time.

It looks incredible.

Certain
03-25-2015, 10:21 AM
I should also say that at club level nobody has ever had the impact both Messi and Ronaldo are having...it pretty much looks like, by the time they retire, between them they will hold all records possible, in terms of attacking players.

Maradona turned a middling Italian team into the best in the world.

NYCSPITZ
03-25-2015, 11:05 AM
everyone should watch this netflix documentary series on Manaus, Brazil. it's the dopest city ever

fucking sloths and tamarins everywhere

and ocelots!

i might make that move lowkey

i was thinking of transferring to buenos aires or rio but this city looks cheap. three star hotels @ 50? The animals are cool but I want a view of the andes and shit. Doesn't matter where u go in S. America the women are all banging. I would work and bartend, it would be cool. Also was thinking of a Cali or Chicago transfer but prob stay in NYC.

dead man
03-25-2015, 11:15 AM
if you've lived in one major American metropolis you've lived in them all. nevermind the little intri***ies that give each one their identity or soul or whatever. they're all a big fucking piece of litter. don't get me wrong i love my city but if im moving, it's somewhere completely abstracted from how it is here.

also, i've never been to new york but i don't usually hear great things.

some friends of mine have been living in Granada, Spain for a few months now and really love it. but they're on some indigo child viva la revolution bullshit. now they love to give me their diatribes on how racism and classism and every other little -ism only exists in the cold-hearted, capitalist Western world and they've somehow escaped to the promised land. eat a dick. lots of sun and sand and siestas don't = Eden.

Manaus though. fucking sloths and tamarins bro. plus yeah fat booties for days. idk. seems worth a visit.

Witty
03-25-2015, 11:18 AM
Maradona turned a middling Italian team into the best in the world.

It was a different game...Maradona was a genius ahead of his time but the quality of players he was up against was not of the same standard as the atheletes in the game today, not even close. It used to be enough to be world class...now every team is full of world class players, to stand out like Messi and Ronaldo do, you really need something extraordinary about you. Maradona did not face teams with the kind of quality Messi does week in, week out.

He was never as prolific, Messi breaks a new record every week. Maradona did not do that, Ronaldinho didn't, Zidane didn't, brazilian Ronaldo didn't. Messi would have had just as big an impact on football as Maradona back then, if not bigger.

Messi dominates Maradona in every possible way statistically. He is already only 9 goals off Maradona's career total having played more than 200 games less, he has 14 major trophies to Maradona's career total of 7, and has dominated European football in a way Maradona never did, for over a decade.

Witty
03-25-2015, 11:23 AM
335 goals in 440 games (or thereabouts - speaking from memory) is just stupid. He is a freak of nature.

Not to slight Maradona, it is difficult to compare players from different eras, and talent wise it is hard to tell, which is why stats are so important...but i honestly believe that come the end of his career Messi will have overtaken him by a distance.

Witty
03-25-2015, 11:39 AM
Correction it is 368 in 375 games for Barcelona alone...add his record for Argentina to that and it becomes 413 in 472.

He has already ahead of Maradona by about 75 goals.

Not to mention over 100 assists.

Wtf...the man is a freak.

Certain
03-25-2015, 06:46 PM
Soulstice, you're a boss. Daniel, please don't no-show.

Everyone else except Witty, great work. I'll vote tonight and tomorrow.

Mr. J
03-25-2015, 07:02 PM
I showed just for you Certain

sorry bout the verse Split @DrDog I didn't feel motivated for another city verse
til next time...

Certain
03-26-2015, 03:34 PM
dead man, Mr. J, Dr Dog, CopyPat, Defiant, UnbornBuddha, timeless and NYCSPITZ, remember that you all owe three votes by tonight.

Finished with voting: Adonis, Soulstice, Zen

NYCSPITZ
03-26-2015, 08:39 PM
came from the bottom, no one said it would be fair, now I'm on this money, loungin like it's a beach chair...poppa don't preach, all we do is just reach here, raised round killas, we just happy to be here

Adonis
03-27-2015, 12:43 AM
All I got to say Witty about the soccer convo

Messi is the more technically skilled
But Christi can just out class any opponent

I prefer Messi because he can dribble for days and assist, where to me it seems like Ronaldo looks to score nearly always, with assist a far secondary

My favorite player all time will forever be Dedier Drogba though. No contest. Dude had viscous power and could bull doze either messi or Ronaldo like a puppet. Sick ass headers.

No where near as flashy as either, but I love the trenches, and didier was sick with it.

CopyPat
03-27-2015, 12:46 AM
Ruud Van Nistelrooy

UnbornBuddha
03-27-2015, 01:34 AM
CopyPat
In my bout with Soulstice at the end, you voted for me, and I believe you meant Soulstice, or at least that's what your feedback is pointing to. Change it when you wish, Thank you..

CopyPat
03-27-2015, 03:09 AM
You're right, my mistake, sorry

Witty
03-27-2015, 06:57 AM
All I got to say Witty about the soccer convo

Messi is the more technically skilled
But Christi can just out class any opponent

I prefer Messi because he can dribble for days and assist, where to me it seems like Ronaldo looks to score nearly always, with assist a far secondary

My favorite player all time will forever be Dedier Drogba though. No contest. Dude had viscous power and could bull doze either messi or Ronaldo like a puppet. Sick ass headers.

No where near as flashy as either, but I love the trenches, and didier was sick with it.

Drogba is one of my favourite players too, even if he did play for Chelsea lol

Such a unique player, up there with the best attackers for sure.

Thierry Henry is the best to ever play in the PL tho imo, Drogba isn't too far off tho.

Adonis
03-27-2015, 08:49 AM
Drogba is one of my favourite players too, even if he did play for Chelsea lol

Such a unique player, up there with the best attackers for sure.

Thierry Henry is the best to ever play in the PL tho imo, Drogba isn't too far off tho.

Ronaldo did play there you know?

Chelsea for life, been with them through it all because of Drogba. Who you like?

Also, how big is Connor McGregor?

Witty
03-27-2015, 09:17 AM
Ronaldo did play there you know?

Chelsea for life, been with them through it all because of Drogba. Who you like?

Also, how big is Connor McGregor?

Ronaldo would be top 3 or 4, he was still a kid when he played there and didn't have the prolonged effect of a few others, I'd put Henry ahead of him as well as Eric Cantona.

I am Liverpool until the day I die.

And Connor McGregor is a beast.

Certain
03-27-2015, 10:50 AM
Michael Essien.

Zen
03-27-2015, 05:14 PM
Witty do you think Messi or Ronaldo will make a move to the PL in the summer or no? The way Ronaldo looks right now, it seems likely he will in my opinion, but I can't see Messi going anywhere else.

Witty
03-27-2015, 05:20 PM
Witty do you think Messi or Ronaldo will make a move to the PL in the summer or no? The way Ronaldo looks right now, it seems likely he will in my opinion, but I can't see Messi going anywhere else.

Neither will.

I would love to be wrong, as I follow the PL, but the money the bring in would make their transfer fees ridiculous, I don't see any teams being able to afford them under the (relatively) new FFP rules.

Maybe in a few years Ronaldo might, I don't think Messi ever will.

Witty
03-27-2015, 06:56 PM
I do think Ronaldo is growing unhappy at Madrid tho.

Witty
03-27-2015, 07:22 PM
Michael Essien.

I won't argue this point, I wouldn't say he's the best player in my opinion, but I definitely wouldn't argue against someone saying he is. Great player.

Adonis
03-27-2015, 07:39 PM
Drogba all day. Also it might show my bias, but I really do love hazard. Dude plays smart. But also cesc fabrigas in his hay day was a joy to watch.

Also don't get any better than peter check.

Read a article from John terry today. He said his rookie campaign with chelsea,the vets, on a cold day, would have him sit on the toilet to warm it up before they went. That's fucked up.

Finally Witty McGregor is going to be destroyed. He's easily the best self promoter out right now and nobody is close

Certain
03-28-2015, 12:11 AM
Ronda Rousey is the best self-promoter.

Adonis
03-28-2015, 01:10 AM
Ronda Rousey is the best self-promoter.

Not even close.

She doesn't promote herself at all really, she's only known as goliath. Ever seen her on TV promoting a fight?

I've seen countless minutes of McGregor only watched a couple fights. He's soft by the way. Anyways. Rousey isn't in the level of Connor. You know the undefeated female Champ of course. How do know about 73lb irish man with zero significant wins? Self promoting

Split Eight
03-28-2015, 01:12 AM
some friends of mine have been living in Granada, Spain for a few months now and really love it. but they're on some indigo child viva la revolution bullshit. now they love to give me their diatribes on how racism and classism and every other little -ism only exists in the cold-hearted, capitalist Western world and they've somehow escaped to the promised land.

@roma people

Certain
03-28-2015, 01:47 AM
Not even close.

She doesn't promote herself at all really, she's only known as goliath. Ever seen her on TV promoting a fight?

I've seen countless minutes of McGregor only watched a couple fights. He's soft by the way. Anyways. Rousey isn't in the level of Connor. You know the undefeated female Champ of course. How do know about 73lb irish man with zero significant wins? Self promoting

Are you serious? What do you think all the magazine covers are for? Why do you think she keeps shit-talking Floyd Mayweather Jr.? How else is she constantly on SportsCenter and other such shows, when no other MMA fighter male or female gets half as much time?

Certain
03-28-2015, 02:25 AM
I am leaning more and more toward short verses being the only way to sustain this hobby.

Soulstice
03-28-2015, 01:06 PM
When will the battle close?

Certain
03-28-2015, 01:22 PM
When will the battle close?

I'll call it either at the end of tonight if someone has a lead or when someone has a two-vote lead, whichever comes first. But Dr Dog's vote doesn't count without explanation.

Zen
03-28-2015, 03:58 PM
Neither will.

I would love to be wrong, as I follow the PL, but the money the bring in would make their transfer fees ridiculous, I don't see any teams being able to afford them under the (relatively) new FFP rules.

Maybe in a few years Ronaldo might, I don't think Messi ever will.

I hope you're wrong, too. It's much easier to catch PL games in the States than it is for Liga matches, but I'm completely ignorant to the FFP rules. I assumed that teams like United would have enough cash around to bring him back though, especially since he's 30 now, right?

And apparently he plans to come to MLS in a couple years. That should be cool because it'd give me a reason to watch MLS lol

Witty
03-28-2015, 06:49 PM
I hope you're wrong, too. It's much easier to catch PL games in the States than it is for Liga matches, but I'm completely ignorant to the FFP rules. I assumed that teams like United would have enough cash around to bring him back though, especially since he's 30 now, right?

And apparently he plans to come to MLS in a couple years. That should be cool because it'd give me a reason to watch MLS lol

FFP basically means teams can no longer spend beyond their means, they can not record losses over a certain amount. So the days of teams throwing money they don't have at players is gone. Only United, City, and Chelsea could afford him but they would have to sell an unrealistic number of players to do so.

PancakeBrah
03-28-2015, 06:57 PM
If every active open mic writer collaborated on a single piece, who would leave feed?

These questions keep me restless.

PancakeBrah
03-28-2015, 07:22 PM
Also,

Freddy Adu is the GOAT.

Soulstice
03-28-2015, 07:57 PM
If every active open mic writer collaborated on a single piece, who would leave feed?

These questions keep me restless.

Didn't this already happen

PancakeBrah
03-28-2015, 08:02 PM
Not since I've been on Netcees, not that I can remember.

Zen
03-28-2015, 08:32 PM
I think it was attempted but it quickly fell apart. There was too many people involved and they were too uncoordinated to finish it if I'm remembering right.

That's why I don't believe in the Illuminati.

PancakeBrah
03-28-2015, 09:00 PM
Yeah the Illuminati is stupid.

NYCSPITZ
03-28-2015, 09:20 PM
Don't judge us...

We aren't bad people

But we did a bad thing

big baby
03-28-2015, 09:41 PM
I am leaning more and more toward short verses being the only way to sustain this hobby.

you put too much emphasis on the word hobby and sustain

just be it something you do, like masturbating.

Adonis
03-28-2015, 11:51 PM
Are you serious? What do you think all the magazine covers are for? Why do you think she keeps shit-talking Floyd Mayweather Jr.? How else is she constantly on SportsCenter and other such shows, when no other MMA fighter male or female gets half as much time?

Because she is a girl and undefeated bro. You will not win this battle by raising your voice. She is popular not by her self marketing, but by being the best.

THERE IS A HUGE FUCKING DIFFERENCE!

Mcgregor is not good, literally, barely top 10 in my mind (in his weight class). yet, you know him dont you? yet, he has no belt, nor fought and lost or won a single significant bout. He received a title fight because he is a draw, meaning his mouth. Sure, he goes all out. Much like West Virginia shit talking Kentucky. they tried but and hyped but in the end... A lesser might be popular becase they face the best, and he hasn't. til now. Long story short, we will always flock to the best, MJ, Magic, Tyson, Muhamed, rowdy, Gretzky, Messi, Ronaldo. But the fact that you know mcgregor and he isn't close to that....point given

big baby
03-28-2015, 11:53 PM
Because she is a girl and undefeated bro. You will not win this battle by raising your voice. She is popular not by her self marketing, but by being the best.

THERE IS A HUGE FUCKING DIFFERENCE!

Mcgregor is not good, literally, barely top 10 in my mind. yet, you know him dont you? yet, he has no belt, nor fought and lost or won a single significant bout. He received a title fight because he is a draw, meaning his mouth. Sure, he goes all out. Much like West Virginia shit talking Kentucky. A lesser might be popular becase they face the best, and he hasn't. til now. Long story short, we will always flock to the best, MJ, Magic, Tyson, Muhamed, Gretzky, Messi, Ronaldo. But the fact that you know mcgregor and he isn't close to that....point given

you literally contradicted yourself so far into contradiction land that you are now the king of contradicks and getting fucked in the ass without contraception and have a giant anal dick baby

Adonis
03-28-2015, 11:57 PM
you literally contradicted yourself so far into contradiction land that you are now the king of contradicks and getting fucked in the ass without contraception and have a giant anal dick baby

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

you mag eye lauf lowd n smyl wif teef it payns

u silly willy u

only if we could all live in a space called cyber we could all be such a loser and not know

PancakeBrah
03-28-2015, 11:59 PM
Adonis boarding in a region of the negatier so dark and convoluted only Gamble can explain it properly.

Jesus Christ.

Adonis
03-29-2015, 12:00 AM

FAGGOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you are the prime example. Just a person, I think, who entertains drones. Leave me out of your control+atl+copy bish. Im a man. A real man with thoughts

You are a person who lives behind a persona and thinks he delivers laughs, but the non drones just think your a piece of shit. BYE! friend

Adonis
03-29-2015, 12:01 AM
oh hey dan. Battling is fun. drink one or shut the fuck up

Adonis
03-29-2015, 12:06 AM
Rogan #629

half way through, Andrew Hill da god

Come get some. I'm here all night

PancakeBrah
03-29-2015, 12:07 AM
Drink a battle?

You're making a strong case against the concept of drunk boarding, for which I'm usually a strong proponent. Embarrassing amount of caps lock and "I'm so irl" type of talk. Also, your rebuttal to Certain's post was laughably (laughably) bad, both logically and aesthetically.

Might be time to log off for the night there, champ.

big baby
03-29-2015, 12:12 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KfACTAOPa0

Adonis
03-29-2015, 12:14 AM
Drink a battle?

You're making a strong case against the concept of drunk boarding, for which I'm usually a strong proponent. Embarrassing amount of caps lock and "I'm so irl" type of talk. Also, your rebuttal to Certain's post was laughably (laughably) bad, both logically and aesthetically.

Might be time to log off for the night there, champ.

We flock to the best, and love them beyond life it self.

Meanwhile an average Mcgregor is known across the seas

BY SELF PROMOTION ALONE

anything can be dummed down, just ask nicely

Adonis
03-29-2015, 12:15 AM
god you two are so fucking lame

you realize the more anoying you are the cooler you are?

good

Actually what baby posted was decent. How long you sat on that twin?

PancakeBrah
03-29-2015, 12:17 AM
"Never argue with a fool."

big baby
03-29-2015, 12:20 AM
adonis you do realize I think you're sort of autistic right? I mean, sometimes I think I am, but at-least I'm in the smart-autism spectrum. You are just like, not.

Anyway, that's my friend. He used to rap, and is quite known, and yes he is a lawyer. His alias is Dos Noun.

CopyPat
03-29-2015, 12:25 AM
FAGGOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you are the prime example. Just a person, I think, who entertains drones. Leave me out of your control+atl+copy bish. Im a man. A real man with thoughts

You are a person who lives behind a persona and thinks he delivers laughs, but the non drones just think your a piece of shit. BYE! friend

"COPY BISH" !?!?!?

this nigga finna get eth'd????????????!!!?!?!?!

Adonis
03-29-2015, 12:28 AM
Dos Noun is awful. I met him

You realize you aren't smart unless you are not in persona which is weird?

Bring it Copy Pat. What you got for me?

I'd love to here it. I'm not original but you couldn't comprehend what I did right? clear day is still a dark night. I get it.

oats
03-29-2015, 02:01 AM
I don't know if I consider Rousey to be the best self-promoter; I think she receives a tremendous amount of promotion from the UFC that other fighters don't. She does her end, too, talking about beef with Arianny and Cyborg, and of course fielding the Mayweather and Laila Ali questions (both of which were lopped on to her, by the way, from Dana White, media, etc). But Adonis makes a good point that McGregor is an exceptional self-promoter. Though you are wrong in assessing his talent. He hasn't faced the stiffest competition, but from a technical standpoint, he's excellent. Most deserving of the title? Probably not, and Frankie Edgar would nod his head. But he's by far the most compelling matchup in the division, and his in-cage performance justifies him being there.

Certain
03-29-2015, 02:06 AM
Maybe you just don't understand that this is self-promotion:

http://i.imgur.com/OdlkTNv.png

Conor McGregor may try harder, but he simply can't match that.

oats
03-29-2015, 02:22 AM
So by best self promoter you mean she's attractive, then. Got it.

Roger Huerta was supposed to be the next big thing, first MMA fighter on the cover of SI, did a ton of self promotion (successfully), but in the cage he didn't perform well enough to sustain the hype. I get that he's a dude, and there weren't many guys drooling over his magazine covers, but the point is, rousey is talented first, hot second. Gina Carano was hot first, talented second, and she's an afterthought at best.

It's like Kweli said: "I speak in schools a lot, they say cuz I'm intelligent/no it's cuz I'm dope, if I was wack id be irrelevant." Rousey being attractive only matters because she's talented.

oats
03-29-2015, 02:24 AM
Btw McGregor's last fight on fox broke MMA records for viewership. We'll see if he can translate that into PPV success.

Certain
03-29-2015, 02:32 AM
So by best self promoter you mean she's attractive, then.

No. I mean she constantly poses in magazines and promotes herself both through her skill, personality and looks. Everyone takes her seriously as a fighter (other than the people who won't ever take a woman seriously as a fighter). Yet she has a personality and looks that allow her to transcend the sport.

Talk to non-MMA fans and ask about Conor McGregor. They won't know who he is. If you don't know who Anderson Silva or Jon Jones are, there's no way you know who McGregor is.

But Ronda Rousey is more famous than any of them. She's done better to promote herself. People who have and will never watch an MMA match on TV saw the Vine of her latest fight. And they saw her photos. And they've heard her name. And they've seen her taunts toward Floyd Mayweather.

She's bigger than female MMA ever will be and has a broader appeal than MMA (male or female) ever has had. You can't make yourself bigger than your sport unless you promote yourself.

oats
03-29-2015, 02:39 AM
I agree with you on those notes, I just don't attribute all of that solely to self promotion. Those opportunities were largely provided for her because of the UFC's promotional push, which they are stingy with. Miesha Tate was in the Body Issue as well, and does a shit ton of modeling gigs, but nobody knows her because she's not the champ, and therefore gets very little support from the UFC hype machine.

Rousey's best promotion is her performance. I def agree that she is bigger than the sport, and that she is an exceptional self promoter.

Wise Wiggles
03-29-2015, 10:43 AM
Yup. Adonis has had a dick baby in his ass for some time now. Dude is pretty short I hear. Like somewhere around the 5' region. We should probably just let him be. Hard life and all.

Soulstice
03-30-2015, 01:58 PM
are we still going to 5?

Certain
03-30-2015, 03:28 PM
That was the plan but jeesh.

Soulstice
03-30-2015, 03:29 PM
Where are dead man and zen. They are still in the field.. vote you guys!!

Adonis
03-30-2015, 08:56 PM
Certain. Seriously. I'm going to Mexico for a week Wednesday. I need my topic today, tomorrow the latest or eliminate me and advance the other two

Mike Wrecka
03-30-2015, 09:25 PM
Adonis haven't u ever seen the movie Born in East LA. ?

If U go to Mexico no way u getting back in the country. Border patrol gonna laugh at u. Like nice try beaner

oats
03-30-2015, 09:43 PM
I'll replace Adonis

Adonis
03-30-2015, 11:42 PM
Adonis haven't u ever seen the movie Born in East LA. ?

If U go to Mexico no way u getting back in the country. Border patrol gonna laugh at u. Like nice try beaner

Would be funny but you've obviously never been to killa kali. We messican, full blooded out here, just not like you know.

Soulstice
03-31-2015, 11:24 AM
Well I suppose I am down 4 to 3 so I will gracefully bow out

NYCSPITZ
03-31-2015, 12:36 PM
u r so graceful

Soulstice
03-31-2015, 12:47 PM
u r so graceful

You can erect a marble bust and put it in your av

NYCSPITZ
03-31-2015, 12:49 PM