PDA

View Full Version : 7. Zen vs. Wise Wiggles - (Zen wins by NS)

Vulgar
05-23-2015, 07:36 PM
You've been enlisted for an abstract cause.

NO LINE LIMIT
VOTE ON OTHER BATTLES (thanks)

Verses Due Sunday Morning.
Midnight Western / 3 AM Eastern / 8 AM UK.
(Extensions only granted if opponent accepts, anything else is unaccepted.)

Voting Ends Monday Night
12 AM Western / 3AM Eastern / 8 AM UK.
Exceptions can be made if a suitable reason is supplied
Remember The Earlier The Verses In The Sooner The Votes
Have Fun
Peace

Topic:

http://th02.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2010/263/5/8/agent_orange_by_darkmechanic-d2z4rto.jpg

Zen Wise Wiggles

Wise Wiggles
05-23-2015, 09:55 PM
Aight homie this about to get trippy as fuck

Zen
05-24-2015, 12:07 AM
:)!

Zen
05-31-2015, 11:12 PM
I suppose I know the truth, or was that a lie I told to you?

I can’t decide.
It never crossed my mind to ask for the answer…

Was I just afraid and acted fine, and is it too late to change this appetite for Natural Light or Pabst every night?

I don’t know. I just shrug, and drink till I’ve had enough. By “had enough” I mean “passed out drunk”.
It’s such a sad sight.
Another bookmark in this average life...

You’re always in my window saying, “Good night,” but I just want to drink you away, sunshine. There are kids outside and they’re playing on the swings, I can hear them through the screen, laughing, and yelling, “You push me.” Maybe when I get old I’ll think about this, and say how wonderful it was for them to enjoy what I miss, but for now I put the pillow over my ear…

Wake up, clock in and leave your mind at the door because there’s nothing worse than they type who ignores his obligations to His Highness, My Lord, Mr. Nicest of his Corp.

American,
is there a better man?

No, we’re always right,
and that’s why I’m drinking tonight
because no one listens anyway
and I’m tired of talking.
I’m the kitchen waiting
on the silence
I dream of often,

but I know I won’t get there first...
No, you’ll get there before because that’s how the world works,
indifferent to pearls and dirt.

I’m no Saint, but I’ve got a gun and that can take the light out of your sun.
You have to live a little to know what you’re worth,
and I know I’m not better than the best one.

No,
and second’s no fun for an American Noone.

fraze
06-02-2015, 08:27 PM
It’s such a sad sight.
Another bookmark in this average life...

I liked the lines quoted, but I would have liked to see something more focused on the picture. It was a cool piece, but not really on topic, which will probably hurt you in the later rounds.

Woke
06-03-2015, 02:10 AM
Solid little read that focused around this depressed and worthless human being. I think you could have developed some concepts more, the office for example. Just paint a bit more to give more background of this worthless meat sack. In any case, the ending confused me a bit I must say. I'm not sure if he was committing suicide or killing someone. Either way, decent verse but as a whole it felt like it was missing something.

Vulgar
06-03-2015, 04:50 PM
Did the guy in your avatar write this? Just kidding.

Excellent, excellent writing voice. Very personal sounding and genuine. The content itself just wasn't that stirring. You drew from the pot of "Suburban America's pitfalls" and allowed this representative to crow to the wind. While this is vintage from you, I didn't get that you added a unique perspective to that vintage-ness.

Nonetheless, thank you for showing!