PDA

View Full Version : The NBL Magazine (Week 8)

~RustyGunZ~
05-25-2015, 07:59 AM
Introduction

What's up NBLers. I'm in pain and it's too late to do anything else. This spike in disc and battling quality has me in a pretty productive admining mood, so I'm bringing you a classic Knuck-caliber mag for the first time in awhile. I'm not to familiar with what's been going on so I'll check the last few weeks (think this is a continuation of the league failing a few months ago?) and try to get a feel. One thing I see is that the Champ spot is shuffling quite a bit. Props to Cashius for beating that stupid fagot Karaoke and champing. Also props to AK for finally(?) champing the NBL. Sn00p, I'm coming for redemption for you giving me my only L of NC2.0's first season.. if you can keep the title that long, good friend. john hensley if you no show and kill our hopes of dohpeness coming back to text I'm gonna find you. Was expecting to see a no show win to Neighbors opponent last week but he's 2-0? Awesome. Thanks for sticking around and using your thread topics for a real use brother. Well, I'll get this started...

~RustyGunZ~
05-25-2015, 08:03 AM
Song of the Day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_z3PD_iI34

~RustyGunZ~
05-25-2015, 08:52 AM
Reviews

Champ: Allen Knight vs Sn00p

Pretty dope battle here. AK wrote his verse quick after being tired, so he can only blame himself on losing. For me he was one better bar away from a dub. Sn00p showed he isn't rusty at all in my eyes with that Kirby line, which was LOTB and if anyone voting didn't love it they're why text is on life support being pumped Sharp and Hush's efforts into it through an IV. Well earned for the German, and I'm sure we'll see AK back in top form and ready to get the belt back in the weeks to come.

Contendership: Jilti vs Tic Tac

Jilti had a kind of blah verse to me. I hadn't read any battles in the last few weeks, but what I saw from him last and now was a big difference. Maybe he was rushed this week or something. A lot of poor wording that killed some cool concepts, but even in the idea department it seemed like a lot of grasping at current event/board development bars. It was like a Karaoke verse if Karaoke was drunk and actually black. That being said some good ideas and some of it did hit. Step it up bro, some big hitters like hensly, nika and myself are in here now so you'll need more of the stuff you were dropping before that made me think you were a shining up and comer to get back to contender status. Tic had some bars and has progressed a lot. His first 3 bars were pretty slick, and even his weaker closing few were alright, though he def lost steam. Don't drop some nice stuff in your champ match then gas out like this one, it's been a lazy habit that has lost me some battles personally. Overall cool battle concept wise, but the execution made it a landslide for Tic in my opinion.

Fraze vs DaGGer

Dagger no showed. Shouldn't have cus if he was half decent he'd have won. Fraze is an old head I guess? Yeah it shows. Looked like a mid tier opponent that lost with that verse to Namix in 2001. No real creativity tbh and even the okay attempts were either played or just worded so blandly. How is this dude in a contenders match??

Destroyer vs Neighbor

Neighbor is rusty but still dropped a pretty good verse, definitely for current standards. Nothing wowed me but nothing was bad other than the forced descartes line. The closer was creative but some jammed with too much to give it a hard hitting end for me. Destro dropped pretty badly on some forced shit. Shard in Neigh would have worked a lot better. The last two almost seem like he gave up 'cus they just seemed lazy even on the set ups and wording. Drawer bar was cool lol. I expected more from Des and less from Neigh so overall good read. Des just needs to stay polished. He knows how to, but just seems to not care in some of the stuff he drops.

Orc vs Eyespaz

Orc is 1-2 and actually lost twice? Hmph. Well he no showed here, either cus that's what he's done a lot for the past 2 years or because he's upset about the L's and a record that doesn't look like it should be his. Eyespaz PM'd his verse like a trick so can't judge that. We'll see what he shows us this week.

Sharp vs Razah

Sharp had a dope verse fr fr. Didn't see many misses. I almost used a Duggar line just like that vs. him in Key Prix, glad I didn't lol. Only didn't cus I wasn't sure how Duggar was pronounced at the time. Whew, would've been embarassing. But yeah that fraze bar and the closer were fire to me. Razah dropped the almost same Chinx line Sn00p did? Speaking of dropping a current event bar almost identical to someone else in the same week after them. Sheesh. Well it was okay. Rest of the verse was butthole though. Do more like your first bar, but do it like Sn00p did it and you'll get a lot better quickly. There is hope in the fact you understand how to construct an okay/good bar, so keep it moving buster.

Cred vs Wanderer

Wanderer dropped a verse I'd picture a midtier battler in the RB Frontlines to drop... You're from the RB Frontlines aren't you? A mix of forced, bland, or eh bars. Say Cred/Sacred? C'mon. You clearly know what a nameplay is, SO DO IT RIGHT! Learn from the Lime and shed your wack ways from "That other place". Cred dropped cool, some rust but overall not bad at all. That Muff on drugs bar fucking leaneddd me. Good to have you back bro.

Murda Sho vs Dancake

Haven't opened to read but Pan battling? Anticipating seeing it was a NS or he lost but let's see................. Yep he no showed. Either way, good to have Sho back as well.

Hush vs Killing Spree

Hush dropped a half verse as a check in and it scared Killing Spree? Wish this had happened cus that pic of Spree had so much ammo and potential for Hush to go the fuck in. Stay on RB KS, it seems to be just the place for you.

Drencrom Muff vs Lotto Smirk

Lotto needs to polish up a bit, he's rusty and was just on the verge of being a good battler when he went ghost so it might take some time. Some okay ideas but the wording and delivery was all over the place. Muff wtf haha.. This was just weird and bad and so over the top. Some cool ideas if you had stopped and constructed a well worded bar and not just kept going with it til your connections were set ups and the concepts just went everywhere. You say you're going all out and harder than ever but it's having the opposite affect.

Defiant vs Derogateded vs Tish Faco

Two no showers and ole half lip. Not gonna bother reading.

~RustyGunZ~
05-25-2015, 08:54 AM
Song of the Week

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE902nvJQ0g

~RustyGunZ~
05-25-2015, 09:14 AM
Top Punches

Bonus
Bolo script. My Gang is Khans. Ya girl'l pogo stick
Ya bitch'll close her eyes n swim to any nigga that holler no marco polo shit

Muff (vs. Lotto Smirk)

I wanted to put the Heat to em, den realized dis bitch ain't even tough
Cuz if dis gets fired, ull b on drugs for the nxt 2 weeks.. I nicknamed it Muff

Cred (vs. Wanderer)

You suck at wordplay. In text there's nuthin worse
Dumbass couldn't even turn a fraze without feedin off his fuckin verse

Sharp (vs. Razah)

Ugly Mexican cowboy never touched a girl, you’re doomed serpent
By the time Europa bitch, mankind’ll discover life on that moon’s surface

Tic Tac (vs. jilti)

Congrats on the robbery.. don't even act like you pushed Orc around
You dodged a TJ Combo, but my Killer Instinct'll show you what Fulgore's about

Neighbor (vs. Destroyer)

deaden this fag. make him kiss the pavement then step on his back
have the Kirby where i make ur mouth open wider than his tryna get a special attack

Sn00p (vs. Allen Knight)

Power Ranks

5. Cred - Shake that rust off and you're in the top 3 IMO. I'd almost put Hush or Sho here but they've only had one battle and won by NS.

4. jilti - Last weeks showing was bad, but I know you can do better and you're record shows it thus far. You could fall off quick with more of those type drops though.

3. Tic Tac - If you'd asked me if Tic would be top 5 in the NBL awhile ago I would have laughed, but he is doing his thing and improving greatly. There's some stiff competition entering and coming up to the contenders realm though, so keep moving in the right direction.

2. Neighbor - I know he's not the contender, and Tic is showing promise, but he's definitely the guy to beat, and will get the belt unless Sn00p drops misses like the ones he had this week.

1. Sn00p - Clearly after his run to the belt and that verse he dropped. He might hold the title for a bit, if (okay lets be honest, when) Neigh goes against him if he beats Tic next week it'll be a challenge

Honorable Mentions: Muff, Destroyer, Hush, Sho... Soon to be: Hens and nika if they show

~RustyGunZ~
05-25-2015, 09:20 AM
Throwback NBL Fire

Alvin Karpis vs. Karaoke (Season 7 Final)

Karpis

You gonna flop like Wade, you claim ya white and not the same
You say you're Hubie Brown.....well I guess you do talk a lot of game
The way you get emotional over a photo makes me wanna spazz quick
Honestly I hope I never see a pic of this dick, save that shit for Chyeahhh’s chick
You always been average, your whole careers just an awkward blur
If we did a Mount Rushmore of the best, you’d be using the coin operated binoculars
Have ya chick snorting lines, I didn’t know she was a freak bitch
I pulled her hair and forced that Rail like I’m on some Greed shit
Ya bitch loves to swallow me whole and I’m fine w/ that
I’ll grab a Penn and Teller to write down how she makes it disappear like their acts
You aint winning 5 that’s fact, we all know you’re the worst fake
& will never call this bitch Cari Champion unless it’s on the First Take
Deep down you’re soft, ya whole persona seems wild to me
I got this bitch w/ an ass like Kapri Styles, you just style capris
You’re snitchin on ya whole hood, I can’t respect it G so fuck it
Let me find out you been wearing those wires like a DIRECTV puppet
Do that Hi bye shit in Far rock, ya whole hood wouldn’t let you step thru
I mean shit ask Orc, you’re such a Shamrock don’t even respect you
I’ll call my shooters to come see ya squad, it’s time to ante up
I’ll have Kings team on ice in NY but I don’t mean the Stanley Cup

Karaoke

Pocahontas left u cuz u couldn't handle it properly
I guess the reservations she had weren't just her family's properly
Break up got u mad, pissed that u guys are no longer going steady
Wanted payback but u cant teepee her house if she lives in 1 already
Ill catch u where u live and beat u till blood stains the carpet
That bat'll be flying all over the crib, u'll think it was YDK's apartment
Your gun bars aren't believable, don't even lie you con
Cuz the only time you bust caps is when you try them on
Dome as big as the 1 the rams play in, ur what Stewie would look like as an adult
Ur not a boss but u'd be a good Leader, if Marvel ever makes another Incredible Hulk
That bitch shit u pulled years ago is the reason y not alotta cats respect u
A lot verses were lost on netcees 1 but were u deleting urs way b4 Lama had a chance to
Always flipping my shit, if it wasn't for me u wouldn't be decent bro
Why respect u? when u used the same Strikta line I used weeks ago
Blame it on the alcohol, u get props on bars only when u take mine
We didn't have to know abt ur DUI's to see that u cant walk a straight line
Biting isn't paying homage, everyone considers it theft
Should change his name to Tracy Morgan the way this joker gets rear ended to death
Shots'll leave this queer dead when my niggas put guns to his weird head
Ill have so many hair triggers at your chin, u'll be able to post in the beard thread

Winner: Alvin Karpis

~RustyGunZ~
05-25-2015, 09:57 AM
Mixtape of the Week

http://hw-img.datpiff.com/m55d3711/Young_Jeezy_Gangsta_Party-front-large.jpg (http://www.datpiff.com/Young-Jeezy-Gangsta-Party-mixtape.711116.html)

~RustyGunZ~
05-25-2015, 10:15 AM
Tip of My Hat & Wag of My Finger

WOF @ Muff losing his job and going insane like we had all hoped and now wish never happened. Now he'll never leave.

WOF @ fraze being in a contenders battle

TOH @ Hush making 10k off of NYC visitors overnight

WOF @ RB's major tourney being in a round 2 semi final

TOH @ Joe Metts bettering his health

WOF @ Bags falling in love

TOH @ Vulgar getting a huge tourney going with a dope mag within like 20 minutes

WOF @ Zelph's existence

TOH @ some dope sign ins this week and Sharps efforts to get us here.. you're like a young admin me. I'm so proud.

WOF @ Bags ducking Muff in the Key Grand Prix. Of all people to no show against.

TOH @ a 3 day weekend

WOF @ Phil slowly turning into Geno and Geno slowly turning into Phil

TOH @ me doing this mag

WOF @ not being able to sleep, thus doing this mag

Outro

I'm done typing a lot and outros are king of just a ridiculous part of internet rap battle mags that were never useful or interesting without a bunch of pictures of half naked women. We should stop doing them and come up with a better way to end these things.

Here are some pictures of self respecting and somewhat attractive women...

https://s-media-***he-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/ed/e0/7b/ede07b657b8d2db33210da2bedfe3eae.jpg

http://media-***he-ec0.pinimg.com/236x/c0/0f/d2/c00fd2b2b108cd416df09e4da9bebcd5.jpg

https://s-media-***he-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/42/d0/ae/42d0ae94bfabaf9971347c852f7fda53.jpg

http://www.mollydalbec.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Professional-woman.jpg

http://duanebharris.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Noble-incentive-pusher.jpg

Wouldn't you just be so happy to see these ladies get hired at your job and wear work appropriate clothing and be somewhat obtainable and not a cloudy vision to reality?

Good night folks.

~RustyGunZ~
05-25-2015, 10:22 AM
Sn00p Allen Knight Sharp Dr Dog Certain c0up Zelphish eyespaz ill nik-A Neighbor Tic Tac fraze arsenic Aero @bags @greed Lil Muffin Destroyer Dancake jilti murda sho Cred Hush Razah Wanderer Wordz AhGod Letterman Shanks Lotto Smirk Seyance Vulgar john hensley Junto Bomb Bard Ullr Defiant Strikta Black Mask Xquisite

8===D~~~~(}:
05-25-2015, 11:11 AM
This has to be by far one of the best mags written by one of my biggest fans that I've ever had the displeasure to read. Bravo.

Wanderer
05-25-2015, 12:21 PM
Dude.. I dunno what the fuck RB is and I've never really text battled before, just found this site and wanna put some hard shit down.

Wanderer
05-25-2015, 12:27 PM
and Sacred clever, fuck y'all

El Muffin
05-25-2015, 12:27 PM
Keep up the fuckery w/ your lil gay ass barbs u send

Read em again. you sound like a spiteful faggot

*gasp* now hell never leave *flicks wrist* lol wat a fagot

Of course bags nsd me

1. I destroyed him last time we met
2. That verse was ether

N gone Destroyer "I never had more wins than losses. Rver" holding 70/30 adv over me but hey u bout to find out when he gets ate the fuck up like ya boy did

other than that thx n gJ.
good read

Cred
05-25-2015, 02:55 PM
Hahaha Knucklehead dope mag bro. Props on this shit. Mad funny.

fraze
05-25-2015, 03:26 PM
Dope mag but get off my nuts please.

Sharp
05-25-2015, 04:14 PM
Ok

Tic
05-25-2015, 04:23 PM
Dope mag through and through.

~RustyGunZ~
05-25-2015, 04:42 PM
Ok

JUST OK?!

I was gonna wait til you were on so we could collab on this but I was so tired without being able to sleep I needed something interactive to do or I was going to kill myself tbh lol

~RustyGunZ~
05-25-2015, 04:44 PM
Keep up the fuckery w/ your lil gay ass barbs u send

Read em again. you sound like a spiteful faggot

*gasp* now hell never leave *flicks wrist* lol wat a fagot

Of course bags nsd me

1. I destroyed him last time we met
2. That verse was ether

N gone Destroyer "I never had more wins than losses. Rver" holding 70/30 adv over me but hey u bout to find out when he gets ate the fuck up like ya boy did

other than that thx n gJ.
good read

That verse was awful bro lol

I'm not alone in knowing that

You will prob beat him if you stop doing what you've been doing your last 3-4 battles

I just don't think you will cus you're so notsober you actually think that shit is dope

Sharp
05-25-2015, 05:01 PM
Whatever gets you through the night boss lol

Tic
05-25-2015, 05:01 PM
That verse was awful bro lol

I'm not alone in knowing that

You will prob beat him if you stop doing what you've been doing your last 3-4 battles

I just don't think you will cus you're so notsober you actually think that shit is dope
^^^^^^^^^^^

Allen Knight
05-25-2015, 05:20 PM
Ok

Sharp
05-25-2015, 05:22 PM
Yo you got Wanderer wrong tbh. I was gonna write about how dude reminds me of Lotto Smirk or Tic Tac 2 seasons ago. Wanderer is my new guy to watch tbh. The adjustments week to week have been great - he's always had wording but stopped going for low hanging fruit concepts and is starting to get creative.

~RustyGunZ~
05-25-2015, 05:29 PM
Yo you got Wanderer wrong tbh. I was gonna write about how dude reminds me of Lotto Smirk or Tic Tac 2 seasons ago. Wanderer is my new guy to watch tbh. The adjustments week to week have been great - he's always had wording but stopped going for low hanging fruit concepts and is starting to get creative.

Word didn't have much to go on but whatever that was last week wasn't very good

You and/or AK should still drop some tid bits in this if you're around today

I'll help next week as well to add more depth if you guys are pushing these out with quality on a weekly basis

Neighbor
05-25-2015, 05:40 PM
Nice work

Sharp
05-25-2015, 05:44 PM
Word didn't have much to go on but whatever that was last week wasn't very good

You and/or AK should still drop some tid bits in this if you're around today

I'll help next week as well to add more depth if you guys are pushing these out with quality on a weekly basis
Yeah extra reviews/previews/women in professional attire would be dope, pm them to me before Tuesdays

~RustyGunZ~
05-25-2015, 05:45 PM
Yeah extra reviews/previews/women in professional attire would be dope, pm them to me before Tuesdays

I'm thinking women of the outdoors next week

Sharp
05-25-2015, 05:52 PM
I'm thinking women of the outdoors next week

As long as it's professional

~RustyGunZ~
05-25-2015, 05:53 PM
As long as it's professional

Well it could get racy

But never trashy

El Muffin
05-25-2015, 06:46 PM
Iono lol to me all I see is Dylan Dylan Dylan when I look at it

yall totally slept on my sandlot line n my opener

I can make that cans out sandlot line rhyme out lod

I've noticed slant rhyme comes to me natural

If I'm not careful I'll leave it in

Like I did last wk

But I'm done talkn bout it I'll change it up again

Styles upon styles upon styles is wot I hv

Sharp
05-25-2015, 08:03 PM
Cans out sandlot I was like 'ok'

Hack it/Allen I just can't hear

El Muffin
05-25-2015, 08:08 PM
4 the glory ud never hack it
story ripped from edgar Allen

Yes it works out loud 4 me

~RustyGunZ~
05-25-2015, 08:10 PM
4 the glory ud never hack it
story ripped from edgar Allen

Yes it works out loud 4 me

you got the voice of a retard if you made that rhyme

iSpaz
05-25-2015, 11:02 PM
Dope loll at self respecting women

Split Eight
05-26-2015, 12:59 AM
is it just me or did someon very clearly ghostwrite that Karaoke verse

Split Eight
05-26-2015, 01:04 AM
you got the voice of a retard if you made that rhyme

it's slanty for sure

fraze
05-26-2015, 01:32 AM
Slant rhyme is still matching the vowel sounds. that is still a stretch for a slant.

Sn00p
05-26-2015, 01:42 AM
the vowel sounds match tho. can provide IPA for proof later

jilti
05-26-2015, 05:11 AM
Cool mag Knucklehead, but ur catching a bar from me this week

Seyance
05-27-2015, 02:11 AM
dope mag knuck, props g.. real professional.

murda sho
05-27-2015, 06:00 AM
who the hell is this nigga y'all got me battling man? an alias from RB?

8===D~~~~(}:
05-27-2015, 06:30 AM
who the hell is this nigga y'all got me battling man? an alias from RB?

Someone who's gonna make you cry at night for losing

murda sho
05-27-2015, 06:35 AM
kinky