PDA

View Full Version : thinking of getting out the jordan game

anime_boners
01-21-2013, 08:22 PM
Not the shoe game entirely just Js

As of now ogs and older (ie good) retros are aging to a point that they can't be worn anymore.

The wearable, more recent retros are garbagolo in quality and the hype is retarded. Going through massive headache to get my hand in sub par sneakers is not agl..

Might just keep my jordan beaters, unload the heat, and cop.other kicks.

Obey
01-21-2013, 08:40 PM
The secret is variety from all types of shoe imo

Strikta
01-21-2013, 08:41 PM
They def are making Js w/ cheaper quality materials vs. 5 years ago.

Obey
01-21-2013, 08:44 PM
There are days when I dnt feel like wearing Jordans

Fig
01-21-2013, 08:53 PM
This is what i think to when i hear about the new Jordans and what not

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpNlOe7BsIk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Frank Metts
01-21-2013, 09:09 PM
I gave up on Js when fakes became heavy in bmore

Now I'm just thankful I have shoes, any brand doesn't matter

The need for certain Material things fade out after awhile

anime_boners
01-21-2013, 09:18 PM
The secret is variety from all types of shoe imo

my fav shoe is the air max 1/87 I also like the 90 and 95, I have a handful of dunks, some forces some jordans

all of the above have gone off a lil quality since a few years ago tbph since social media expanded so has the shoe game hype. hype = price up quality down

This is what i think to when i hear about the new Jordans and what not

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpNlOe7BsIk&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Gonna be super honest and say this with out bias.

This video is stupid as fuck.

I say that not as a sneaker collector but as a person who works to have money to spend on the things I like.

I get my check every 2 weeks

I put away money to save
I put aside what is needed for bills/food/necessities
I have some left to play around with

This is true of most working people w/ decent income.

What anyone does with that extra money is their business and theirs alone.

When that extra dough isn't budgeted toward gift giving/spoiling my lil man - I buy jeans or shirts or a new video game, or some anime collectible stupid shit, but most of my fuck around money is spent on kicks..

Basically - this video is either made by someone that doesn't understand or see the value in sneakers. Which is fine. But to condescend and talk down on people that spend money on something they like is stupid.

Granted I can't endorse camping and I think it's disgusting for people to riot/hurt eachother over kicks, but, copy paste that sentence and replace "kicks" with anything and it still holds true.

Strikta
01-21-2013, 09:20 PM
VERY well put, Reed.

Obey
01-21-2013, 09:21 PM
Can I get a jump man lol

Fig
01-21-2013, 09:34 PM
my fav shoe is the air max 1/87 I also like the 90 and 95, I have a handful of dunks, some forces some jordans

all of the above have gone off a lil quality since a few years ago tbph since social media expanded so has the shoe game hype. hype = price up quality down

Gonna be super honest and say this with out bias.

This video is stupid as fuck.

I say that not as a sneaker collector but as a person who works to have money to spend on the things I like.

I get my check every 2 weeks

I put away money to save
I put aside what is needed for bills/food/necessities
I have some left to play around with

This is true of most working people w/ decent income.

What anyone does with that extra money is their business and theirs alone.

When that extra dough isn't budgeted toward gift giving/spoiling my lil man - I buy jeans or shirts or a new video game, or some anime collectible stupid shit, but most of my fuck around money is spent on kicks..

Basically - this video is either made by someone that doesn't understand or see the value in sneakers. Which is fine. But to condescend and talk down on people that spend money on something they like is stupid.

Granted I can't endorse camping and I think it's disgusting for people to riot/hurt eachother over kicks, but, copy paste that sentence and replace "kicks" with anything and it still holds true.

Point taken. I just see this as his attempt to de-glorify the shoe, so that people see it for what it really is. In other words, display the brand name and exploit the craze around it as satirically as possible so that the consumer is forced to decide if they're buying the hype or the product.

But yes, people should be allowed to do whatever they want with their money, the video didn't say otherwise though... i just kind of thought it was funny is all lol.

anime_boners
01-21-2013, 09:45 PM
When you refer to buying shoes you like as "poor life choices"

I'd say yes, the video IS saying otherwise.

Funny thing is, even though the kicks are expensive, they typically increase in value over time, if they're well cared for. Even worn shoes. A near deadstock sneaker 3 years later can still fetch a price much higher than the retail tag did on its release. So such life choices can even be looked at as an investment.

Fig
01-21-2013, 09:55 PM
Hmmm, poor life choices yes but it all refers back to incriminating the act of blind purchasing itself. I see where you're coming from though.

~RustyGunZ~
01-21-2013, 09:57 PM
bad move

Strikta
01-21-2013, 09:59 PM
I paid $400 for some ds white/red 8's back in 03'.. they were released months before I bought them.

But the 8s are like my fav pair of Js & I had to have them.

Ghost1
01-21-2013, 10:08 PM
I think the munster addressed this topic best when he said

Well im gon paraphrase cuz i dont member exactly but

No1 but u an the other jordan maniacs(no offense to my better half) even really kno how exclusive ur jawns really are

I mean u could have the retro whatever number a month early for 5 hunnid bills but to sum schmo such as myself id just not even notice or think...o those r shiny, cool.

I used to buy mad snealers so i get the appeal but sum of the extent ya take it to when i be readin the threads seems like a waste. Specially the amount of loot! Not cuz u blowin loot on material. But because the amount u blowin u could be 10x fresher. Imo

anime_boners
01-21-2013, 10:24 PM
bad move

I donno

The headache of grabbing a new release these days is just not for me.

the whole raffle thing is especially killing it. I went to like 5-6 different local spots to pick up a raffle ticket for the playoff 11

aint get shit

like either leaving it up to chance or camping? it was one thing when I was young and a had connect at the sneaker spots but we're grown now lol none of my friends work at sneaker stores.

or be at the mercy of the reseller. buying up 10 pairs and flipping them for triple price.

5 years ago and beyond - when new pairs dropped if I couldn't cop for retail I paid at MOST 50-70 over retail for a GR shoe. maybe 100 or a lil more over retail for a limited drop. Now GR shoes drop for 160 and are ISS the next day being flipped by 2012 members for 300. smfh.

AND on top of that the shoes are coming out shitty.

this ain't the game I got into and it ain't really something I'm psyched to be a part of.

opposed to when a GR air max drops, if I want, I ain't even gotta show up early lol. I walk in casually and cop.

edit: Bags it's not about what other people think of the kicks though. it's about what I think of them. I never rocked a shoe for anyone else's attention.

A nod or a praise or some props from cats that know their kicks is welcomed and appreciated, but, I buy the kicks for me. GRs to the limited less than 1k pairs if the shoe is a model I like and is well designed (quality plus aesthetics) that's all that there is to me.

I'd rock dope kicks in the boonies where nobody knows em or in urban settings or whatever

UserName
01-21-2013, 10:37 PM
anime_boners might be the best name I've ever seen. props.

I know nothing about Jordans outside of the 90's though. Carry on.

Strikta
01-21-2013, 11:17 PM
User I remember back in the day u had them ol weak ass Jordans lmao

Remember the chatroom nigga?

Cuz I do. lmao

UserName
01-21-2013, 11:18 PM
yea I had some red and white something or other. they were super lame.

ill nik-A
01-22-2013, 06:57 AM
Did mention I already have the 5s?!?!

anime_boners
01-22-2013, 08:16 AM
I already got the 5s that count the most to me :P

bought them shits 6 years ago~

I might try cop the grape re-retro again though.. I donno.

there's still some good shit coming out, I just hate all the hype now. GRs selling out in under an hour.. having to a get a raffle ticket, even for shoes like 13s? like is this real life? You used to be able to go into a footlocker and pick up GRs a couple days after they dropped. Esp a shoe like the 13s.

anime_boners
01-22-2013, 08:18 AM
also, good looks on the name props lol

ill nik-A
01-22-2013, 08:22 AM
I feel u... I already got the headache ones out the way... Ima slow down now... These 5s I honestly think have the best material I've seen since the ole days

Still need them black n white 13s

anime_boners
01-22-2013, 08:30 AM
I havent even paid attention, are most spots doing raffles for the 5s? or is it 1st come?

ill nik-A
01-22-2013, 09:26 AM
No idea... My boy has a hook up he passed and gave them to me... Regular price and a week early bro

Neighbor
01-22-2013, 12:47 PM
You know Jordan will personally assassinate you if you try & defect from the shoe game, right?

Not worth it to me

anime_boners
01-22-2013, 12:58 PM
let him come find me. he and I need to have words anyway

had a bone to pick with that guy ever since he turned down my script for Space Jam 2: Live Free or Dunk Hard