PDA

View Full Version : Gina vs. Silver - (Gina wins)

Vulgar
07-13-2015, 09:01 PM
LGPA Season 1: Week 3

Gina Silver

Check ins: Tuesday (Midnight Eastern time)
Poems Due: Friday (Midnight Eastern time)
Votes due: Sunday (Midnight Eastern time)

This week's theme is to write three haikus. Why three, you ask? You're probably thinking, why not just write one and vote for the best? In my opinion, writing one haiku is a little too easy. Writing three will increase your odds of winning the battle, should one not strike a chord, and also to make it a more thorough writing exercise.

Example of what your submission should look like:

'title'
[haiku]

'title'
[haiku]

'title'
[haiku]

Your theme for your haikus shall be: Winter

Dope girl
07-14-2015, 12:48 AM
I will drop

Gina
07-15-2015, 06:48 AM
Tranquil

Argent quilted earth.
Bone chilling days bring along
Soundless nights and peace.

Snow angels

Hope is in the air.
Bells, chiming in the distance.
Angel wings spread out.

Escaping warmth

The sun shines brightly.
The wind blows the warmth away.
By summer it's caught.

Dope girl
07-16-2015, 11:19 PM
TWERK
I represent twerk team,
To watch us twerk is amazing we give people a notion.
They see up close that motion

Beats
beats keep you moving
Beats relax your body
Beats ez the pain

Money
Money brings fame
MONEY BRINGS JOY
MONEY BRINGS EXCITEMENT

El Muffin
07-17-2015, 08:00 AM
lmfao so this isn't a elaborate troll account?

I don't know whats going on but twerk team killed me

see that MOTION up close. wobble wobble...wobbblllllllllllllllllllllllllllle

v/gina

but damn I will be highly disappoint if dg never existed. thatpoem was intentionally funny

Diablo
07-17-2015, 08:02 AM
lmaoooooooooooo not sure how im meant to be voting, but the purpose of this is entertainment right?

i mean obv Gina the better writer

but Robreezy the more entertaining verse(s) here for real

shit had me crying

Woke
07-17-2015, 08:21 AM
Silver had zero traditional structure in terms of haiku, which was the entire challenge right? Gina went the more visual, poetical route and did so well in such a confined space

GINA

Objective
07-17-2015, 09:50 AM
Gina - You bring depth to your haikus, I like that. Snow angels was playful and had a christmas feel to it, cool shit. Nice closure to the theme you were given with the last haiku as well, great showing imo.

Silver - Bringing that fire as always but you fucked up the syllable count which brought it down a notch. Still love the fucking twerk team surprise completely messing up the twist at the end which a lot of haikus have and putting it to the start of the haiku instead, smart move. And I completely agree on the beats thing but I'm having a hard time relating it to winter other than the The Winter Apathy beat on Eastern Philosophies. I agree with money as well and it certainly brings excitement when christmas presents are opened on christmas eve. Dope showing.

Vote - After hours of going back'n'forth between who to pick my vote is going to Gina. Entertaining battle, haha.

UnbornBuddha
07-17-2015, 11:12 PM
Gina: Your Haiku's, I thought, were the best this week. Need I say more? I probably should, but I felt that they spoke for themselves. Also, if I were to say something else, the first one was laden with resonance to those who reside in sub-zero climates. And the escape is indeed a relief, and you captured this sentiment well.

Silver: What can I say? You have a way with words. And its lighthearted. However, Gina's poetry shines through.

Vote: Gina

ribbit
07-18-2015, 05:30 AM
Lol just like everyone else said silver didn't follow the platform.. Ginas was decent for what it was so yeah...

Vote...gina

Destroyer
07-19-2015, 09:44 PM
gina

BROKE LESNAR
07-19-2015, 10:37 PM
lmao silver stepped her game up for this one

her profound insight on money was powerful

if gina no-showed i think silver would have taken this easily

v-gina

lmao @ v-gina

its almost like i'm censoring my vote