PDA

View Full Version : Dr Dre releasing an album on Friday but it's not called Detox?

Witty
08-02-2015, 07:12 PM
Compton: A Soundtrack

lol uwotm8?

Ghost1
08-02-2015, 07:15 PM
LOLdafuq

Destroyer
08-02-2015, 07:16 PM
smart
nothing could live up to the hype if it was called detox

Strikta
08-02-2015, 07:16 PM
Been needing some quality crankage lately.

This should be dope. Hope it is.

Chill Phil
08-02-2015, 07:17 PM
Dr. Dre on his way out

uh-oh
08-02-2015, 07:24 PM
yea i'm expecting the worst

Havoc
08-02-2015, 07:26 PM
dre said himself detox was shit and that's why he didn't release it

Fart
08-02-2015, 08:40 PM
Yeah he said it was trash but he really meant he's been making more money selling his overpriced headphones

Letterman
08-02-2015, 10:06 PM
It's the soundtrack for the NWA movie

Destroyer
08-02-2015, 10:38 PM
no, no it isn't

Bodey
08-03-2015, 02:00 AM
I shazammed 2 songs today and neither were recognized. One spit back "Halloween (instrumental) by The Streets. The song I heard had a chorus of "what they know" The other one I couldn't find it but it was chill shit like how rap used to be. How do I find these songs

Bodey
08-03-2015, 02:04 AM
Then I shAzammed another song and it came up as Motivation by some dude named Jerry Motivation. Neither the Halloween instrumental or Motivation could be found on YouTube. Very strange

oats
08-03-2015, 02:31 AM
I'm stoked for it

Certain
08-03-2015, 02:40 AM
Dr. Dre is an absurd-level perfectionist. That is why he ditched Detox. The full tracklist is out, and the guests are great. I'm not expecting another 2001, but there is no reason to doubt him.

Or, in short: "But haters say Dre fell off. How, uh-oh? His last album was The Chronic (2001)."

kannon
08-03-2015, 02:50 AM
Black Hippy has been writing for him. That alone makes me excited to hear it.

Plus I'm beyond thrilled to see King Mez all over the album. Mez is dope as fuck.
http://www.djbooth.net/index/albums/review/king-mez-long-live-the-king

uh-oh
08-03-2015, 04:48 AM
Dr. Dre is an absurd-level perfectionist. That is why he ditched Detox. The full tracklist is out, and the guests are great. I'm not expecting another 2001, but there is no reason to doubt him.

Or, in short: "But haters say Dre fell off. How, uh-oh? His last album was The Chronic (2001)."

lol word

and yea i was wondering where people were coming up with the dre saying detox was "trash" thing. figured he mustve said it recently

i know he is a weirdo who doesnt like releasing anything unless its perfect and timeless. the problem with that is there is no way to really know. and just judging by what i do, as a lowly beatmaker, i get tired of hearing my shit after it loops for an hour

dre's making beats which lets say takes 20-60 minutes, but then dre's a mastermind engineer, so he is probably taking HOURS on just MIXING what he does make, so he's hearing the shit he makes a ridiculous amount of times before an artist even gets it, then he produces it with an artist and then doing a final mix before mastering and he's putting HOURSSSSSSSSS into each track

so even if it came from an "I LOVE THIS SHIT" place, after its all said and done he might not want to ever hear that shit again. so it can effect how you perceive your own shit

but word i still remember interviews and shit where people work with dre and they get to listen to the vault, and they all speak about how crazy it is. not detox specifically just all the shit he sits on. but since dre is such a perfectionist we'll never hear any of it

which is why i don't fuck with dre

RELEASE THE VAULT DRE

Certain
08-03-2015, 10:26 AM
His Detox quote (http://pitchfork.com/news/60592-dr-dre-announces-compton-the-soundtrack-explains-why-detox-never-came-out/): "I didn't like it. It wasn't good. The record, it just wasn't good. … I worked my ass off on it, and I don't think I did a good enough job."

And yeah, I've read that Dr. Dre is a pain in the ass to work with because of that perfectionism. That's why Snoop only works with him once in a while now. RZA is kind of the same way, except that instead of being a perfectionist, he's more of an absolutist: Do it my way, or we're not doing it at all, even if my way sucks.

And here's the full track list:

01 Intro
02 Talk About It [ft. King Mez & Justus]
03 Genocide [ft. Kendrick Lamar, Marsha Ambrosius & Candice Pillay]
04 It's All on Me [ft. Justus & BJ the Chicago Kid]
05 All in a Day's Work [ft. Anderson Paak & Marsha Ambrosius]
06 Darkside/Gone [ft. King Mez, Marsha Ambrosius & Kendrick Lamar]
07 Loose Cannons [ft. Xzibit & COLD 187um]
08 Issues [ft. Ice Cube & Anderson Paak]
09 Deep Water [ft. Kendrick Lamar & Justus]
10 One Shot One Kill [ft. Snoop Dogg]
11 Just Another Day [ft. Asia Bryant]
12 For the Love of Money [ft. Jill Scott & Jon Connor]
13 Satisfaction [ft. Snoop Dogg, Marsha Ambrosius & King Mez]
14 Animals [ft. Anderson Paak]
15 Medicine Mane [ft. Eminem, Candice Pillay & Anderson Paak]
16 Talking to My Diary

Amen.
08-03-2015, 01:11 PM
And here's the full track list:

01 Intro
02 Talk About It [ft. King Mez & Justus]
03 Genocide [ft. Kendrick Lamar, Marsha Ambrosius & Candice Pillay]
04 It's All on Me [ft. Justus & BJ the Chicago Kid]
05 All in a Day's Work [ft. Anderson Paak & Marsha Ambrosius]
06 Darkside/Gone [ft. King Mez, Marsha Ambrosius & Kendrick Lamar]
07 Loose Cannons [ft. Xzibit & COLD 187um]
08 Issues [ft. Ice Cube & Anderson Paak]
09 Deep Water [ft. Kendrick Lamar & Justus]
10 One Shot One Kill [ft. Snoop Dogg]
11 Just Another Day [ft. Asia Bryant]
12 For the Love of Money [ft. Jill Scott & Jon Connor]
13 Satisfaction [ft. Snoop Dogg, Marsha Ambrosius & King Mez]
14 Animals [ft. Anderson Paak]
15 Medicine Mane [ft. Eminem, Candice Pillay & Anderson Paak]
16 Talking to My Diary

Badi Alii

Geno
08-03-2015, 06:22 PM
Chillzzzzzz
Been hoping for some sik dre shit

Geno
08-03-2015, 06:23 PM
Kendrick better go in on geno trak. Beat better ve nasty to. New theme song????? I hope!