PDA

View Full Version : a serious question

veritas
08-17-2015, 06:39 AM
in this thread please list the roadblocks that you personally have with your current life status and Jesus Christ. I would like to know them specifically, so that I may address you in a more personal and effective manner. thank you.

Strikta
08-17-2015, 07:16 AM
Shut the fuck up.

sral
08-17-2015, 07:29 AM
LLBing at its finest.

What the fuck happened to V?

veritas
08-17-2015, 09:39 AM
It's not about me guys. I just would like you to answer the initial question plz

Wise Wiggles
08-17-2015, 09:58 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lrjGMrQLKw

Wise Wiggles
08-17-2015, 10:13 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Djd6vv2-ao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDRLAx1mUhY

These are right up your alley James..

uh-oh
08-17-2015, 12:18 PM
Veritas can you clarify your question sir?

veritas
08-17-2015, 03:29 PM
Yes. What stops you from accepting Jesus Christ as God and yiur savior and living for him?

uh-oh
08-17-2015, 06:52 PM
Yes. What stops you from accepting Jesus Christ as God and yiur savior and living for him?

oh ok.

i'm going to try and put it in as many words as possible so you can maybe see where i'm coming from, instead of the simple answer of logic/reason.

so lets break it down.

i like to read history. not george washington history. that was yesterday in my mind. ancient history. most of my studies have been centered around rome, as i mainly identify as italian, since the irish/german/english barbarian gene carriers in my family are mostly dead from living off potato's and cheap liquor. so identifying mainly as italian with my greaseball italian relatives i became enamored with ancient rome, and with that, the ancient world in general.

i thought, man, damn. their professional military, their empirical powers, the way they engaged in diplomacy. i dug it all. its cool to me. but when reading about them, you come across the nations they encountered. carthage. greek city states. gauls/celts. germans. parthians. jews. egyptians the list goes on. so naturally to get a better grasp on the stage that was set

i looked into those people.

in my studies i decided i want to go as far back as humanly possible. i came to this conclusion while reading some shit on julius caesar who is probably my favorite mass murdering human to ever live. he was banging cleopatra, and something i was reading, was saying that, if you looked on a timeline of humanity, the distance from cleopatra to you and me, is closer than the distance from cleopatra to the builders of the pyramids. so they were in essence ancient as fuck, when stuff we perceive as ancient, was present tense.

this boggled da gods mind.

so i looked deeper. while egyptian history honestly was kind of a borefest to me, its bland and just alot like the early books in the bible. its a bunch of begats. names of kings spanning a long time, with little to no accomplishments to their names. did they achieve great things? sure. but unlike the romans their record keeping left much to desire.

but then you have the glorious fertile crescent aka mesopatamia or however you spell it.

and they're credited as the first civilizations but its debateable and shit but, i thought these filthy arabs are dope. of course like most noobs i read up on babylon, ancient aliens nonsense got me into sumer akkadia and the like, but who really intrigued me were the ASSYRIANS

they had the first professional military, and they were one of the first peoples keen on writing and keeping up with their history, where as people like the babylonians would keep records, and tax shit and stuff that we can learn from, the assyrians wrote more like yo king puzur-ashur built a dope wall and murked some elamites. king blah blah skinned the defeated and wrapped their skins around the tower.

they did dope shit like accept emissaries and scare them with lions and shit while showing them the heads of defeated kings, like yo do you really want war? cuz we're bout that life, b.

but anyways i got excited and off track.

my main point was all these people have gods. many gods. the jews came with their mono theism, and jesus was of course a jew, and the alleged messiah, although jews don't accept him as the messiah, christians do. thats why christians and catholics and other forms of christianity basically all still keep the old testament and shit. the new testament is the jesus stuff, but the old testament is still relevant to them.

but anyways upon review of jesus there is strangely no historical record of him until long after people were preaching about him. the fact that he shares so many things with other religious figures is offputting as well. there was a documentary that summed shit up i forget it now, but it showed countless gods and demigods from religions that pre-date jesus, and jesus himself seems an amalgamation of these deities.

so in essence he seems to be a myth/creation of the mind of man.

also the new testament itself is malarkey to me for the simple fact that a gathering of the wealthiest men of the roman empire gathered and decided what gospels get put into it. there were hundreds of gospels left out. all allegedly were the word of god, so man thought they were important and all knowing enough to decide what was the word of god and wasnt. when it all was. things like the gospel of judas were left out, where judas asked jesus to sell him out so he could sacrifice himself for fame basically. where judas cried and begged to not have jesus ask him to do it, they could figure out another way to get the message out, but jesus told him to quit being a pussy.

basically its the equivalent of taking this post and just deleting sentences to put whatever message YOU want across. if i'm god i wrote all of this, so that all of this could be read and you can see my full viewpoint. but if you pick and choose what is to be read, my message gets muddled and people are idiots.

but in essence my answer is nothing points to jesus even existing, christianity as a whole from a historical standpoint is a roman build as you go religion designed to control massive populaces to keep order and peace so they could extract tax money from productive provinces to fund there never ending military campaigns and excesses.

if a people in a province believe in some pagan tradition, the romans would tweak it and show them how they were "erring". the populace is happy because they can continue their pagan ways, just to different deities.

but yea. long post.

i can't accept jesus because god gave me a brain that uses logic and reason. and by god i mean ME. and by me, i mean EVERYTHING

and by everything, i mean everything that ever was and ever is

Witty
08-17-2015, 07:12 PM
That may be my favourite post ever.

veritas
08-17-2015, 07:29 PM
oh ok.

i'm going to try and put it in as many words as possible so you can maybe see where i'm coming from, instead of the simple answer of logic/reason.

so lets break it down.

i like to read history. not george washington history. that was yesterday in my mind. ancient history. most of my studies have been centered around rome, as i mainly identify as italian, since the irish/german/english barbarian gene carriers in my family are mostly dead from living off potato's and cheap liquor. so identifying mainly as italian with my greaseball italian relatives i became enamored with ancient rome, and with that, the ancient world in general.

i thought, man, damn. their professional military, their empirical powers, the way they engaged in diplomacy. i dug it all. its cool to me. but when reading about them, you come across the nations they encountered. carthage. greek city states. gauls/celts. germans. parthians. jews. egyptians the list goes on. so naturally to get a better grasp on the stage that was set

i looked into those people.

in my studies i decided i want to go as far back as humanly possible. i came to this conclusion while reading some shit on julius caesar who is probably my favorite mass murdering human to ever live. he was banging cleopatra, and something i was reading, was saying that, if you looked on a timeline of humanity, the distance from cleopatra to you and me, is closer than the distance from cleopatra to the builders of the pyramids. so they were in essence ancient as fuck, when stuff we perceive as ancient, was present tense.

this boggled da gods mind.

so i looked deeper. while egyptian history honestly was kind of a borefest to me, its bland and just alot like the early books in the bible. its a bunch of begats. names of kings spanning a long time, with little to no accomplishments to their names. did they achieve great things? sure. but unlike the romans their record keeping left much to desire.

but then you have the glorious fertile crescent aka mesopatamia or however you spell it.

and they're credited as the first civilizations but its debateable and shit but, i thought these filthy arabs are dope. of course like most noobs i read up on babylon, ancient aliens nonsense got me into sumer akkadia and the like, but who really intrigued me were the ASSYRIANS

they had the first professional military, and they were one of the first peoples keen on writing and keeping up with their history, where as people like the babylonians would keep records, and tax shit and stuff that we can learn from, the assyrians wrote more like yo king puzur-ashur built a dope wall and murked some elamites. king blah blah skinned the defeated and wrapped their skins around the tower.

they did dope shit like accept emissaries and scare them with lions and shit while showing them the heads of defeated kings, like yo do you really want war? cuz we're bout that life, b.

but anyways i got excited and off track.

my main point was all these people have gods. many gods. the jews came with their mono theism, and jesus was of course a jew, and the alleged messiah, although jews don't accept him as the messiah, christians do. thats why christians and catholics and other forms of christianity basically all still keep the old testament and shit. the new testament is the jesus stuff, but the old testament is still relevant to them.

but anyways upon review of jesus there is strangely no historical record of him until long after people were preaching about him. the fact that he shares so many things with other religious figures is offputting as well. there was a documentary that summed shit up i forget it now, but it showed countless gods and demigods from religions that pre-date jesus, and jesus himself seems an amalgamation of these deities.

so in essence he seems to be a myth/creation of the mind of man.

also the new testament itself is malarkey to me for the simple fact that a gathering of the wealthiest men of the roman empire gathered and decided what gospels get put into it. there were hundreds of gospels left out. all allegedly were the word of god, so man thought they were important and all knowing enough to decide what was the word of god and wasnt. when it all was. things like the gospel of judas were left out, where judas asked jesus to sell him out so he could sacrifice himself for fame basically. where judas cried and begged to not have jesus ask him to do it, they could figure out another way to get the message out, but jesus told him to quit being a pussy.

basically its the equivalent of taking this post and just deleting sentences to put whatever message YOU want across. if i'm god i wrote all of this, so that all of this could be read and you can see my full viewpoint. but if you pick and choose what is to be read, my message gets muddled and people are idiots.

but in essence my answer is nothing points to jesus even existing, christianity as a whole from a historical standpoint is a roman build as you go religion designed to control massive populaces to keep order and peace so they could extract tax money from productive provinces to fund there never ending military campaigns and excesses.

if a people in a province believe in some pagan tradition, the romans would tweak it and show them how they were "erring". the populace is happy because they can continue their pagan ways, just to different deities.

but yea. long post.

i can't accept jesus because god gave me a brain that uses logic and reason. and by god i mean ME. and by me, i mean EVERYTHING

and by everything, i mean everything that ever was and ever is

in summary:

the romans invented Christianity to control the populace yes?

uh-oh
08-17-2015, 08:45 PM
in summary:

the romans invented Christianity to control the populace yes?

sort of. i can't say that the romans invented it, i can only say they utilized it to serve their wills. i think constantine was a lunatic, but i believe those assembled in constantinople at the inventing of the basic christian bible were logical people who could forsake the old gods that they probably figured out didn't really exist and why not give the masses a new god, so when traveling amongst the provinces everyone is following the same teachings from the same curriculum every priest could teach

because we look at the bible but it wasn't really made for plebian eyes. it was made for priests to decipher and teach those who attended their places of worship and stories the populace passed around was taught by the preacher priest dudes of every village let alone province

thats why there was so many gospels in the first place, north africa had different gospels then syria and so on and so forth. it was a way to dumb down religion by assembling all the gospels from all of romes far flung regions, and selectively trimming and reducing it until we have what we have today.

but i give jesus respect as a mythological figure proportionate to his feats. i put samson above him tho. i have the warrior spirit. hercules. badass heroes of lore. jesus and buddha are like hippies and shit. if i was to accept a mythological hero there are cooler ones basically.

because at the end of the day its all stuff humans made up.

veritas
08-17-2015, 08:59 PM
Well then.....

If they invented it.....why did they kill their own people who practiced it under the guise of it *subverting the family*?

How can an empire divided against itself stand?

Ghost1
08-17-2015, 09:01 PM
Can we just make a religion subforum Diode Hush

I'm tired of reading this stupid shit everyday

veritas
08-17-2015, 09:02 PM
Go away Anthony. No one wants you here.

Cred
08-17-2015, 09:04 PM

Lmaooo

U one of the funniest niggas on here b

Rep lol

Destroyer
08-17-2015, 09:06 PM
the lady upstairs accidentally killed her god

~RustyGunZ~
08-17-2015, 09:07 PM

Will do

Ghost1
08-17-2015, 09:10 PM
Sirs. Nods.

uh-oh
08-17-2015, 09:14 PM
Well then.....

If they invented it.....why did they kill their own people who practiced it under the guise of it *subverting the family*?

How can an empire divided against itself stand?

when you talk of them murdering christians, in what era? nero?

you gotta remember rome was basically america of back in the day in the sense of the cultural mix.

when people were sentenced to death, they could come to many deaths, and sure the arena as well. but the christians who were slaughtered you have to remember were basically jews. jewish people who accepted christ and followed the gospels and shit. jews also like money. romans like money. conflicts. do away with these meddling christians, i'm nero and i'm psycho

but word constantine and the invention of the bible was over 200 years after nero's time.

christianity naturally took a foothold, i'm pretty sure i'm pretty high, but i think constantine was the one who made it the state religion. which is like 270 ad. if we take tacitus or josephus at their word, which was derived from others because neither was born until after jesus' death, but anyways, they have the first/only historical viewpoints of him existing in the early 100's ad or whatever.

nero was before that.

so christianity took basically 200 years before constantine "saw a cross in the sky" before a battle, which he won, and he proclaimed christianity the true religion or whatever of rome, and then convened all the shit to make the bible

so the christians you're referring to are from before the creation of the new testament.

as we see it today.

the scriptures were there, but like i mentioned only a fraction were kept. and they utilized it to keep control. and each nation after it really. the barbarians who sacked the west and shit all of the western world basically grew to accept it as their main religion eventually

if its not broke don't fix it.

the many gods of many cultures didnt work as well in the new empirical paradigm of their age of ignorance.

8===D~~~~(}:
08-17-2015, 09:15 PM
Bags is the funniest nigga from rb lol reps

Wise Wiggles
08-17-2015, 09:20 PM
This lime is fucking satanic. Jesus Christ

PancakeBrah
08-17-2015, 09:33 PM
uh oh got these reps.

and by that i mean i'm saying i'll rep him but im too lazy.

I'm 800 pages into a Dance with Dragons. Shit is fire.

Dominate
08-18-2015, 02:54 AM
uh oh got these reps.

and by that i mean i'm saying i'll rep him but im too lazy.

I'm 800 pages into a Dance with Dragons. Shit is fire.

Savor it. After that there's no more :(.

uh-oh
08-18-2015, 07:45 AM
Word im hopeful the next ones coming relatively soon though

But word cake you're probably up on all the dope characters they left out of the show now

Belwas da god