PDA

View Full Version : Week 9 Sign In/Sign Out

Vulgar
08-18-2015, 12:28 AM
Wins and losses in this league won't count towards your overall site record.

In

Out

Objective
08-20-2015, 08:40 PM
Out, too busy to participate as much as I'd like.

Silver, I most likely won't be able to post this week. Thought I'd let you know.

Diablo
08-21-2015, 07:44 AM
how are ppl no showing?

write something up RIGHT NOW while you're online

you dont get a loss regardless

may as well give your opponent the respect of turning up, even if its not with a 100% effort imho

Objective
08-23-2015, 07:19 PM
how are ppl no showing?

write something up RIGHT NOW while you're online

may as well give your opponent the respect of turning up, even if its not with a 100% effort imho

I can't speak for anyone else but when I notice I don't have time I try to give my opponent/s a heads up, if I think I might not be able to show I tell em as well. Here's how it usually goes down:

1. Week starts and I'm getting hyped but might have plans already the first day or two so I leave it be. My writing process also usually starts a day or two before writing anything, I let ideas linger and play with concepts first.
2. Shit pops up, schedule start to stack up. (Parties, trips, concerts, you know how it can go sometimes.)
3. I might still check on NC's through my phone (I've voted using my phone a couple times but even that is a pain in the ass so I'm not even going to attempt writing a poem) or while at work. 90% of the time I'm at work I won't be able to write and there's a lot going on around me so I can't concentrate anyways. I'm either having work to do or can't be arsed using the phone, plus when I'm on the phone I won't have time to finish it anyways if I should key it. I'm not going to stop NC'ing and reading threads just because I'm not somewhere I don't get inspired/motivated/want to write anything anyways.
4. Schedule is full, I'm with (or on my way to) people and probably haven't (or won't) be home for a day or two. This week for example have been pretty stacked with shit to do and I've gone camping for the weekend. The camping trip was planned, booked and fixed on Tuesday and I was at my girls house.
5. I tried to make time but couldn't after all.

Plus, what's the difference between not even trying and posting and a no-show when poems are left up for feedback anyways? Imo a less than a half assed verse like that is even more disrespect unless it's pointed out it was a key or whatever as not only does it waste people time reading garbage but the opponent's time as well. Idc who I face, I like to at least do my best to give an average write.

In the AOWL I have written a lot of ''just to show''-verses because no-shows ''only'' (incredible nice thing to do and deserve praise btw!) get no-show shine in the mag.

But ye, no shows boils down to sudden shit happening and writing something online doesn't go over real life. But I do try to show respect by giving my opponents a heads up or apologize because I never intend to not show or write something good when I'm in a league.

fraze
08-24-2015, 08:30 PM
i would like to check back in.

UnbornBuddha
08-25-2015, 11:54 AM
out for now

Witty
08-25-2015, 01:02 PM
In.