PDA

View Full Version : Week 6 Mini-Mag

Sharp
09-16-2015, 10:17 PM
Sup guys. Sharp here with my last mag before taking a break with the two dudes that'll take charge of the 1-2, Flo Real and Unfukwitable. Props to these heads for carrying the torch like this, I know they'll make it a good league. Let's get to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=986wNQjiBII

[Review of Battle Types]

So we got two additional kinds of battles going on – Rebuttal and Rematch. BOTH require both battlers to agree AND drop a bar by Wednesday. Here are the specifics

The Rebuttal just means after dropping one bar each, the two battlers drop a rebuttal bar. This has to be a rebuttal on the first bar from each competitor – if you drop your rebuttal second, you CAN NOT flip your opponent's rebuttal

The Rematch option means your battle is voted on and closed. Then the same battle is re-opened and both competitors have 24 hours to have a second battle. This can mean any battler could get 2 wins or losses in a week. Or redeem a loss/lose ground after a win.

Now that that's taken care of...

1-2 Punch Rankings

[Flo Real]
Ok so slight change on the original premier league of punchers table but I feel this is a more efficient version.

This is simply to showcase actual standings when taking everything into consideration.

Breakdown of how ranking is worked out can be found below.

Win = 2 points
Loss = - 0.5 points
No show win = 1 point
No show loss = - 1 point
Champed tourny= 2 points
DQ = - 2 points

All that boring stuff out the way... now onto the rankings....

Top Tier 1-2 Punchers

1.Useless
2.Bags
3.Sharp
4.Unfukwitable
5.Diablo
-----------------------

[I]Upper Mid Tier 1-2 Punchers

6.Destroyer
7.Resin M-I-C
8.ISpaz
9.Jilti
10.Flo Real
11.Infiltration
12.Killing Spree
13.ULLR
----------------------

Lower Mid Tier 1-2 Punchers

14.Greed
15.Bash
16.Chyeeeh
17.Chamber
18.Cred
19.Lotto Smirk
-----------------------------------------

Low Tier/Absentees/No Show Champs
(In order but not numbered)

Kneeslap
Magnum Force
Poet Minder
Puravida
Joog
Letterman
Orc
Witty
Alpha Dog
Fraze
YDK
Snoop
The Munster
Timeless
Bomb bard
Clayray
Frank
JShazo
Junto
Maximus
Mr.J
Plot
Seyance
Sik
Swerve
Zinaii
Hush
Strikta
Bloodshed
Bust
Zelphish
Work

Useless
Useless continues to dominate the 1 2 punch league seeing off resin in the champ match and continuing an unbeaten run. Sharps up next so lets see how he fairs up against the nine.

Sharp
Sharp is getting his chance to piss on Remys parade this week after seeing off ULLR. Personally I see sharp fairing better then Resin. Either way... going to be battle of the week imo.

Bags
Bags is will probably be hoping Sharp loses so he can be the one to take the crown off the reigning champ. Bags just took the win against destroyer in one of the more eventful battles of last week. He is currently matching by my books sharp in terms of wins and losses though i noticed that for some reason he has a 2 next to his name. Bags Sharp to confirm....

Unfuk
Unfukwitable has to see off bags if he wants to get revenge on useless. He was the closest so far at taking the champs crown and his only losses are from that bout. He will also be hoping sharp slips up.

Diablo
Diablo is the dark horse and is the only player other then useless at the top of the board with no losses. He has signed out this week which is a shame. He will def be one to watch when he comes back.

----------------------------------

Destroyer
Des took another loss last week. After starting off strong he has seen his form dip HOWEVER des has not been losing to chumps and i see him getting back to winning ways against URRL.

Resin M-I-C
Resin was ranked lower according to the formula in play however i decided that winning the onslaught had to count for something. Hence forth i have created a new rule for the table that gives a two point bonus for champing any mini tournys throughout this comp. Resin felt agreived by his loss last week so hopefully will be looking to bring the fire this week.

ISpaz
Not signed in iSpaz come on bruh get in this shit.

Jilti
Jilti slaughtered his competition last week and now Diablo has signed out i see him being the next dark horse to make waves. Him and resin are fighting to move up this week and take diablos spot.

Flo Real
[Sharp]: I like dude's wording consistently and his concepts in half his battles. With better discretion for what gets flipped he'll move up in no time - I expect him to do well in rebuttal battles, because flipping something already existing has been great for him.

Infiltration
Took letters down with ease last week and i have to say had one of the best bars of the week imo.

Killing Spree
Killing spree beat me last week in by far the worst battle of the week. I was complacent, made an error i wont go into as not to take anything away from him and he too came with some very safe stuff.. so safe infact it was played. He can do better and i see him coming strong and taking it to the wire with inf... but will he bring enough?

ULLR
ULLR had rode the no show train to his chance last week and unfortuantly that caught up with him when he faced sharp. I think he is deserving of his spot in the mid table but time will tell. Looking forward to seeing what happens with him and destroyer.

----------------------------------------

Greed
Greed won by no show last week and signed out this week. Not much to say.

Bash
Has the wording down to a T. If he brings more personals to the table this cat be jumping up some places. Think he signed out this week also.

Chyeeeh
The DQ king. Only guy to win not once but twice through DQ. He faces lotto this week which will be interesting. Firstly because the world may have ended before the drop bars but also because while Chyeeh has the concepts Lotto has the more direct hits. Be interesting

Chamber
Not signed in and hasnt been for a bit. Chamber step it up son

Cred
Another guy whos dissapeared. Cred come back and grace us with your presence

Lotto Smirk
Lotto is the one i see moving up. I said it last week and I will say it again. Dude killed YDK last week with personal and humour. He needs to carry that same style into the next battle and he has the perfect guy when it comes to finding ammo

[Interview with Flo Real and Unfukwitable]
[Sharp]

These two dudes have been handpicked by myself because they got experience with battling, writing, and a knowledge of the scene to keep making NC battle scene as dope as it can be. They bring a fresh energy and creativity to the league that'll make it interesting without getting retardedly overcomplicated. So here's their thoughts right now.

Alright alright alright, the Sharpchitect here with two of modding's guys to watch, the fresh voices in the 1-2, I'm talking to Flo Real and Unfukwitable. Sup guys?

Flo: Evening Guv'nor

Un: What's good bro, How goes it? ... btw before I even Start FREE MURDA! $.$

So you're both contributing to mags right now. What would be your ideal mag system? One big-ishone separated by mini mags as is? One huge one bi-weekly? Minimags weekly? What would you do?

Flo: I like the big ones cus they give everyone a decent exposure but i also like my weekly read so.... how it is is workin.

Un: I think a Huge Bi weekly mag will be dope!, U get to capture more work and it'll be much more to talk about imo.

First off, props to Flo for making the in depth battler table we're seeing this week. But I wanna know, beyond that -If you could come up with and write a new mag section, what would it be? Any existing mag sections you'd want to be in charge of like a top punches?

Flo: Cheers. The idea is about making a fair representation of skill levels. Everyone uses these words high tier mid tier low tier etc. Well last week it was great to see that.

I mean it fucks me off seeing someone like URRL (no offence to him it aint his fault) getting the chance he got this week after no shows making up his score when you have someone like destroyer who is facing real competition each week but only has 3-2 or summin.

In the future i would like to bring a highlight section. Each week have a expose or fact sheet on one of the guys in this. Since i come back theres some cats i dont know an i assume thats the same for others. Maybe have something like...

Name.
Also known as.
Top 5 bars of all time.
Top bar this season.
Maybe a lil snapshot of some of there open mic work or a battle from another league.
A quick 10 20 sec video of them saying hi or giving us a freestyle or showing us the crib. Put a person to the name. Plus add some ammo for future bouts.

Un: I'd like to be In charge of a Top 5 Puncher table where someone who's On fire with the Punches get recognition, I think that'll be dope or If we Did top 10 Punches and Graded them and Explain why they are the top of the week.

The name of the game here is interest. We have rebuttals, rematch options, gimmick battles like diss matches, and pic diss/alias weeks slated for the near future. What kind of battle (if any) would you wanna introduce to the league?

Flo: Well lets face it we aint seen some of these yet. Still early doors i know but i am one who is looking forward to the random shit you got in store for us.

If i could add something it would either be a battle where instead of posting the votes on thead for all to see they go to the mods. I know some cats still beleive that everyone votes for what they actually think is better but i say lets give this a go and see if we have as many people getting bodied in landslide victories.

Another shout im up for seeing is some mini comps like onslaught cypher. One idea i had for this was a generic punch comp.

Same as any other battle but you have to give your bar before you know who your facing. Then at random you paired with someone by the mods after the bar has been submitted. Be interesting to see what people can come up with when they aint got anything to go off.

Sharp's note: Flo was not here for Hush's Shadowboxing Tourney, though it'd probably be interesting to him

Un: Horrocore week, where the most grimey, gruesome, creative 1-2 bar gets displayed, It'll be dope imo, 100.

Do you see any battlers doing really well in a 1-punch league format? Any who you think will suffer here?

Flo: Diablo already doing well and he is who i wanted to pick regardless. This a guy who aint a text battler. I think, though i could be very wrong, that this guy wouldnt have the same success if he was having to pump 5 6 bars a week out but one bar? With all his experience, creativity and venom to concentrate into one bar.... animal. He will only get better. Def the dark horse.

I dont wanna say who might struggle so ill say i might cus i only have the one to go for. Instead of risking going different and fresh an losing i take the so safe its played approach sometimes and then it backfires anyway. So from now on expect some shit that may work or might not but will be fresh.

Un: So far so Good I think It's just about what punch will win over its like a rock paper scissors thing here when it comes to two good dudes .. Personal vs. Generic kinda game but I see almost equal Potential in the league right about now.

So we have the ideas of Horrocore and Shadowboxing weeks, both sound interesting and combined with potential for pic and aliases disses shit could be pretty varied. But let's be honest - I'm probably about to go ghost for awhile. So how do you two plan on implementing these battles?

Un: Idek yet, But I'm currently sober so I plan to get high and chop it up w/ Flo about how we're going to kick things off.

Flo: Well i aint a mod so ill just play it by ear and be there to help when unfuk requires it.

Who do you most wanna see joining the competition in your league?

Well theres been over 50 guys in this seasons 1 2 so far. Just seeing half those guys returning would be ace.

It looks like the league is in a little slowdown now. And as you two take over, how do you plan on bringing activity back to the league? I know there are big picture ideas galore but I'm looking for like September and October - I show up again in like November what would I have missed and what am I now seeing that wasn't there before?

Un: We can do something dope Im thinking of where it's like a brawl battle everyone post a punch and it's like any elimination round, gives everyone a equal shot at the title and could bring the best out some dudes.

Flo: Think dope mags and really starting to spice up this league with all the crazy shit thats been mentioned. Bags summed it up when he first commented about the onslaught cypher about how this was such a crazy league. Think thats what everyone wants. Lots of random different shit.

I hope when you come back you missed out on the rebuttal pic alias battle with option for rematch week.

Last word goes to you guys - final thoughts/shoutouts/etc?[/QUOTE]

Un: S/O to Hush, Strikta, Cred & Murda Sho ... The Fuckin SQUAD Is here for the take over, Bow down now.

Flo: Shoutout to sharp for letting me get involved in this shiz. Props to unfuk for being alot more articulate in his responses.

[Outro]

That's right... meet your new mods. These cats have vision, intrigue, creativity, and a will to write that has me excited for the league. I trust them both but in the absolute worst case scenario know that I can see any mod shit they do (like if one deletes a post, I can tell). I'ma be watching over anything but these two are trustworthy cats that bring a new energy to the league.

Ghost1
09-16-2015, 10:27 PM
Yea I got an extra loss for that cypher I didn't drop a single bar in

-___-

I'd like it taken off if we r done being trolled by broke lesnars layout lol

Dope mag

Sharp
09-16-2015, 10:43 PM
YOU SIGNED UP

YOU KNEW EVERY ONE WHO WASNT TOP 3 GOT AN L

RETURN TO YOUR SLUMBER BROKE I GOT THIS

Useless
09-16-2015, 11:08 PM
Dope mag...

I agree with bags everyone who didn't place in the cypher taking a loss is retarded, and threw the league off

puravida
09-20-2015, 12:41 AM
good mag

Neighbor
09-20-2015, 04:42 PM
Excellent

BROKE LESNAR
09-21-2015, 05:48 PM
Looking good, Sharp.

BROKE LESNAR
09-21-2015, 05:49 PM
If you guys need any help with the league let me know.

Ghost1
09-21-2015, 07:34 PM
LMFAO