PDA

View Full Version : fanduel

uh-oh
09-22-2015, 06:24 AM
so yo i dunno about draftkings but this was ridiculously easy

granted i played it safe but peep.

i put 20 bucks in. i got a 20 dollar "bonus" which gets given a little bit as you play. i'm guessing they release 20 cents for each "league" you play each week cuz i got 80 cents of my 20 after last week. so if you sign up don't be a dummy like me and expect your twenty to magically be 40.

but yo

i signed up for 4, 50/50 leagues, 5 dollar entry. the top 50 teams out of 100 win 9 dollars. whether you are first or 50th.

so i won 16 dollars.

so now i got 36 dollars.

i'm about to just play these 5 dollar 50/50 leagues until the season is over, and should be able to turn my 20 bucks into a decent sum.

this is just to let you guys know how easy it is if you wanna play it safe and think its dumb or whatever like i did from commercials

sure they have the million dollar leagues and shit

but to win a million you have to come in 1st in a league of tens of thousands of people who pay 25 dollars to get in. so its basically a black hole to throw 25 dollars in.

meanwhile you can get in these easy as shit leagues, and as long as your not a complete dumbass you can pretty much win automatically

i didnt even play that smart and i was on average like 15th in all those leagues. a comfortable way away from 50th.

uh-oh
09-22-2015, 06:27 AM
also i just realized they got a referral program lmao

so if you do decide to play use this link lol

https://www.fanduel.com/?invitedby=jameshalton89&cnl=da

"$5 MILLION REFERRAL
Every friend you bring to FanDuel earns you BOTH free $5M NFL Sunday Million entries.
Plus get 10+ friends for a free NFL Monster entry ($300 value)!"

so if you do sign up we can play in the big million dollar league without wasting any money which is cool

Meth
09-22-2015, 07:57 AM
They're literally the same site lol

But word

I only play 50/50

It's hard not to win

Fart
09-22-2015, 10:38 AM
I'd be rich if online sports gambling was allowed in WA. I do a free one from time to time

Also fun to just challenge friends to one on one leagues or whatever. I think u can make up to 10 man weekly leagues with friends or whomever

Meth
09-22-2015, 11:32 AM
I'd be rich if online sports gambling was allowed in WA. I do a free one from time to time

Also fun to just challenge friends to one on one leagues or whatever. I think u can make up to 10 man weekly leagues with friends or whomever

You can't even use Bovada?

I make a come there a week easy

6 team NFL teaser parlays are so fucking easy to hit its incredible I'm literally stealing money

Inno
09-22-2015, 12:24 PM
Ive been wanting to check fanduel out.

Now i lnow that uh-oh the savage can manage it

Ama give this a real srs looking into

puravida
09-22-2015, 12:30 PM
wait.

how many other site exist.

free options?

I never done that.

uh-oh
09-22-2015, 06:27 PM
Ive been wanting to check fanduel out.

Now i lnow that uh-oh the savage can manage it

Ama give this a real srs looking into

i just did the math on how much i'm gonna make if i only enter these 50/50's and IT CANNOT BE CORRECT

uh-oh
09-22-2015, 06:35 PM
MATHEMETICIANS ASSEMBLE.

assuming i WIN EVERYTHING I ENTER.

i started with 20 dollars. i entered 4 "games" at 5 dollars a piece. winning each one pays 9 dollars.

so i have 36 dollars. i continue to do this, for 16 weeks.

so with 36 dollars, i enter 7 "games" at 5 dollars a piece, each paying out 9 dollars.

so now i have 64 dollars.

i do it again. and again. and again.

somehow i came up with a total of 239,555.

something is wrong there right?

i basically did it like,

36 divided by 5, times 4, plus 36

then 64 divided by 5, times 4, plus 64

and so on and so on.

PLEASE TELL ME MY MATH IS WRONG SO I DON'T ENTERTAIN THE DELUSION THAT I HAVE FOUND A NEW PROFESSION

if i wouldve started week 1, and not week 2 i would be making 431,199 A YEAR

WTF

of course this is all assuming i win every single entry. also i'm assuming the more entries i make, the better my chance of NOT winning.

because the top 50 out of 100 entries win, and theoretically if i'm putting 100 thousand dollars in i'm gonna have a SHITLOAD of entries spread across different things meaning i will be defeating my own teams at some point and losing

SHIT

YDK
09-22-2015, 06:49 PM
uh-oh
You on draftkings?
Use my code if not
https://www.draftkings.com/r/daydayak

I'll use yours for fanduel an we can try an make some money lol I got 15 entries in right now all free entries an all gotta chance to win across multiple sports

uh-oh
09-22-2015, 06:52 PM
nah i'm not on draftkings, i'll throw 20 in over there TOO THO, i'll use your link when i do.

SOMEONE CHECK MY MATH BTW

YDK
09-22-2015, 06:55 PM
I'm horrible at math, but the potential earnings are legit man
Like a few of the guaranteed contests take the top 150k or some shit and pay out like 3 bucks for a .25 cent entry lol place in top 100k its 6 an like first place is 2k or anywhere from 1k to 10 mill lol all with free and quarter entries

Actually spend some money an obv the rewards escalate

YDK
09-22-2015, 07:03 PM
Just joined fanduel you should have your credits man

Fart
09-22-2015, 07:40 PM
I cant play for money but I'll beat both of you on either site uh-oh YDK

Half Wit It
09-22-2015, 07:57 PM
Yo, my co worker is on this shit but doing it the wrong way.
He's playing in the leagues with hella people and not doing so well.

OML I'll be signed up by Wednesday Night/Thursday Morning and will use your referral link uh-oh

YDK
09-22-2015, 08:03 PM
I don't think fanduel has free entries or am I wrong uh-oh
Draftkings I'm doing nothing but using free entries every day lol

uh-oh
09-22-2015, 08:16 PM
yea i don't know if fan duel has free entries

i think by using my link you get a free entry, but you probably have to deposit SOMETHING in order to get that free entry

and that free entry is in the type of league half is talking about. its 5 millions dollars, winner gets a million and then its staggered as it goes to 2nd 3rd etc. but those usually have a bazillion people in them meaning its basically impossible to win lol

also i'm sure my math is wrong but i can't figure out where

week1 didn't play

entered with 20 dollars before the week 2 games

week2 36
week3 64
week4 115
week5 207
week6 373
week7 671
week8 1208
week9 2174
week10 3913
week11 7043
week12 12678
week13 22820
week14 41076
week15 73937
week16 133086
week17 239555

YDK
09-22-2015, 08:19 PM
Shit I'm happy gettin anything out of free entries lol
I'm actually doing halfway decent so far with mlb entries considering g pedroia got me 14 pts of a Homer already lol

PancakeBrah
09-22-2015, 08:23 PM
There's the obvious problem that you're not going to win every entry. Some weeks you'll win less than half.

Even if you were to win every single entry you enter, you simply won't have the time to put the tens of thousands of entries once you got to those higher numbers, so you have to shave some money off there.

Plus the fact that tens of thousands of people have had the same thought as you, and less than 1 percent of 1 percent of 1 percent of those people are remotely successful in getting serious money.

The model isn't made for you to make money. It's Vegas. The vast (VAST) majority of people lose in the short and long term. You're most likely one of them.

There are people who have automated programs. There are people who have a team of collaborators putting in thousands of entries per day. Vegas itself has a whole horde of people with inside information and betting minds that you will never have access to putting in a shitload of entries every week.

Just be realistic. Have fun with it and if you end up with some money left over, cool.

uh-oh
09-22-2015, 08:28 PM
There's the obvious problem that you're not going to win every entry. Some weeks you'll win less than half.

Even if you were to win every single entry you enter, you simply won't have the time to put the tens of thousands of entries once you got to those higher numbers, so you have to shave some money off there.

Plus the fact that tens of thousands of people have had the same thought as you, and less than 1 percent of 1 percent of 1 percent of those people are remotely successful in getting serious money.

The model isn't made for you to make money. It's Vegas. The vast (VAST) majority of people lose in the short and long term. You're most likely one of them.

There are people who have automated programs. There are people who have a team of collaborators putting in thousands of entries per day. Vegas itself has a whole horde of people with inside information and betting minds that you will never have access to putting in a shitload of entries every week.

Just be realistic. Have fun with it and if you end up with some money left over, cool.
the main problem with my plan is i will eventually be defeating my own entries

i've come to grips with that, i just wanted to know if my math was legit on it lol.

but yea i mean if each "league" has 100 5 dollar entries, it would come to a point where i would be the majority of that league lol, so even if 20 of my teams won, they would be pushing 20 of my other teams down for example

i get it. it was a DREAM BRO I'M DUMB

my plan is to play until i have nothing in there or the seasons over. i threw that 20 bucks away in my mind. im gonna make that 20 as big as possible or lose it all lol

Moe Jetts
09-22-2015, 09:17 PM
I use bovada.

Meth
09-22-2015, 09:24 PM
Yup.

I love Bovada.

uh-oh
09-22-2015, 10:07 PM
my problem with that is i still don't understand sports betting terms lol

if i could just make straight up bets i'd be down.

LIKE THE RAVENS WILL BEAT THE BENGALS THIS WEEKEND FASHO

but in the betting world its like over unders and spreads and shit

Meth
09-22-2015, 10:21 PM
You can make straight money line bets on Bovada

puravida
09-22-2015, 10:28 PM
I would like to learn too, uh-oh

lol .

uh-oh
09-22-2015, 10:38 PM
yea i don't get it tho, like right now it says the ravens are -3 (+105)

so if i put 100 on the ravens, i get 205 dollars?

YDK
09-22-2015, 10:50 PM
yea i don't get it tho, like right now it says the ravens are -3 (+105)

so if i put 100 on the ravens, i get 205 dollars?

That's the same shit that confused me, I think the -3 means withing 3 points of the final score or some shit
If Bengals win by more than 3
Which they obviously will
Then you can also bet on the over
Or something like that

PancakeBrah
09-22-2015, 10:52 PM
Money line bets are based on $100. -'s mean favorites, +'s mean underdogs.

For example

Say the Bears are +200 against the Lions, or something. That means a $100 bet wins $200 on top.

Now say the Lions are -200 (the + and - are almost never the same but doing this for simplicity's sake) against the Bears, or something. That means I have to bet $200 just to win $100 on top.

You don't have to bet $100. It will scale, mathematically!

The more you know!

Meth
09-22-2015, 10:54 PM
Ravens -3 means if your betting on the Ravens with the spread, take 3 points if their total of the final score

So if they win 27-23 you win

If the win 20-19 you would lose

But the plus 105, that's straight up money line.

No spread

+105 means if you bet 100 dollars you will profit 105. Meaning if you have 100 in your account, you bet 100 on Ravens. So now you have 0

If Ravens win now you have 205

If it was -105 money line, that means to win 100, you have to bet 105

So if you have 105 in your account, bet 105 on the Ravens. Now you have 0

If the Ravens win you have 205 it's just different odds

+ odds equal more for the same amount of risk

Meth
09-22-2015, 10:54 PM
Ok pancake ok

I see you sneaky bastard

PancakeBrah
09-22-2015, 11:02 PM
Word.

A key thing to remember with spreads is that Vegas/your bookie/bovada isn't saying Team X is a touchdown better than Team Y. The spreads are engineered to create an equal amount of betting on each side, which helps create profit via the vig for the house. That's why lines shift; a heavy amount of betting is coming in on one side and the house is adjusting. Smarts usually wait to bet until the last moment, in most cases (unless they feel the general public is going to be betting the wrong side running up to the game then they'll counterbalance).

Also, a general rule of thumb has always been that the home team automatically gets a -3 line. So if an away team is favored the house is implying that the general perception favors the away team even more than the line would suggest if taken at face value.

YDK
09-22-2015, 11:11 PM
Are you guys professional gamblers?
Cuz you sound like pros lol
Atleast I know a little more now
Thanks guys

Meth
09-22-2015, 11:37 PM
I bet a lot

I wouldn't say professional lol