PDA

View Full Version : Week 13 Contenders: Frank vs. Spoken (Frank wins)

Vulgar
09-22-2015, 10:51 PM
LGPA Season 1: Week 13

Frank Spoken

Check ins: Thursday (Midnight Eastern time)
Poems Due: Friday (Midnight Eastern time)
Votes due: Sunday (Midnight Eastern time)

Topic:

Pagoda

Good luck.

Frank
09-22-2015, 10:53 PM
Goodluck

Spoken
09-23-2015, 02:02 AM
Good luck fam.

Frank
09-25-2015, 08:12 PM
Gotta postpone

Frank
09-25-2015, 08:12 PM
Extension

Spoken
09-26-2015, 02:00 AM
Sure same here in the moddle of moving so cat focus atm...

Frank
09-26-2015, 11:57 PM
Pagoda: Far Eastern Temple having many stories

My Pagoda
This story is about a 91 year old Appalachian Trail hiker’s last handful of Granola.
This story is about the Great Guru Asana's and the creation of Yoga
This story is about the Coliseum in Rome, from the perspective of a Toga.
This story is about an Italian fighter with hatred for Rocky Balboa.
This story is about a Bucket of ice and its lifelong friendship with this beer named Corona
This story is about when I woke up and what I wrote about while waking out of a coma.
This story is about my obsession with the flat, fizzy less flavor of decarbonated soda.
This story is about the time I gave glaucoma, to a friend who already had lymphoma, on top of pneumonia
This story is about the last days and what it was like to witness a super nova.
This story is about the origins of the 12 best recipes in the world for cooking Okra.
This story is about the Portuguese Man and his fond childhood memories of Tapioca.
This story is about some Janitor who cleans an entire hallway with a cap full of ammonia.
This story is about the Crooked Cop philosophy on racial profiling - while being under the pressure of making Quota.
This story is about A Hard liquor Alcoholic, who weans himself off the hard stuff, by switching to Mimosa.
This story is about the vision, taste: touch: and hearing of A character I called Aroma.
This story is about the Ancient Oriental Woman who inherits her great grandmother’s Kimona.
This story is about the camaraderie between A Mouse and a Boa.
This story is about the Doctor who accidentally comes across a cure for Ebola.
This story is about the Pakistani New York cab driver who lives on Samosa
This story is about me getting Amnesia and going to a world called Ambrosia.
This story is about me being high in a kitchen, rationalizing which oil is healthiest, and why I ultimately decide on Canola.
This story is about this Jewish man and his 50 year old relationship with his Sofa
This story is about this traveling charmer who encounters A Cobra.
This story is about A Polish couples journey to a Americas Got Talent, and winning it all by dancing Polka.
This story is about this record executive who runs the airwaves with Payola.
This story is about some Junior High School drop-out who gets a Masters Diploma.
This story is about a Starbucks worker who gives away the ingredients too their mocha.
This story is about my lavish lifestyle, in which I sell you coca.
This story is, now my temple, in which I am the Ayatollah
Welcome To My Padoga.

-

Spoken
09-27-2015, 12:01 AM
Frank just got some time ill write a quick key of excellence that will deny u passage of a W.

Frank
09-27-2015, 12:49 AM
if you didn't write it in the 49 minutes between this post, and your last post, it ain't a key

you got another hour or just give me my W idgaf

Spoken
09-28-2015, 01:22 AM
Sorry... man just got swamped with moving and I couldnt find time to sit and write..... Frank if ya can holla with 2hr. Ext. Ill write something man I dont want ur oiece to go to waste.. Vulgar

Spoken
09-28-2015, 03:55 AM
Fuck I cant im sorry since im moved in I can make tume now but for jow I cant man sorry Frank ill catch u on the flipside

sral
09-28-2015, 04:33 AM
Frank wins!

YDK
09-28-2015, 07:39 PM
Vote spoken

It really took my breath away the way he used multiple posts for one poem like he was having a real conversation. I was on the edge of the toilet awaiting this glorious poem onlyto realize i had already been reading it!

Vulgar
09-28-2015, 09:35 PM
lol Frank you laced this one with some pizazz. Overall, it was done in a humorous way? You're a self imposed puzzle piece sometimes. Focusing on the rhyming rather than the poetic content, IMO.

You'll just keep doing you, regardless of the feedback given. There's nothing wrong with that. For presentation, I give this good marks. Originality, meh. Execution was okay.

Pagoda.

Frank
09-29-2015, 01:04 PM
I wish I could get good feedback, but all I get is somebody way wacker trying to patronize me.

Vulgar
09-29-2015, 02:56 PM
https://bticketblog.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/kungpow.gif

Frank
09-29-2015, 04:49 PM
?

e11even
09-29-2015, 05:30 PM
Too bad ol' boy didn't post. I liked this. I'm not sure why its charm got to me, but it was sorta like "who gives a fuck." IMO this is not the frank I'm used to but it was an interesting showing. Not sure if this was sarcasm or some other dry sense of humor but I just kept reading even though I kinda had an idea of what you were doing. I think it was kinda cool you did one rhyme through the whole thing, but I guess that's your bag... I forget.

Anyways gj Frank.

Destroyer
09-29-2015, 09:12 PM
this is tough to give feedback to
it's repetitive as hell, for one
also, to be taken more seriously you should avoid lines like "too their mocha" instead of "to their mocha"
all that aside,
what's the story?
is it supposed to be you? because it sounds like just a bunch of bullshit that rhymes with pagoda
I didn't love it

sral
09-30-2015, 05:44 PM
I liked this for what it's worth.

Would have maybe added another dimension to it had you laid it out with a shorter line on top of a longer line, stacked repeatedly, to look like one of those red Japanese houses.

Just my thoughts.

Good work.

Frank
09-30-2015, 05:51 PM
I liked this for what it's worth.

Would have maybe added another dimension to it had you laid it out with a shorter line on top of a longer line, stacked repeatedly, to look like one of those red Japanese houses.

Just my thoughts.

Good work.

Haha, Yeah, could've used some more work on making the temple more aesthetic.

This was what it was, though. Can't all be classics, mate