PDA

View Full Version : Are those 2 in 1 computer/tablet joints the bidniz tho?

Strikta
09-23-2015, 09:55 PM
Are they really the shit?

Do they carry enough memory & perform as good as a reg PC or Mac?

I'm thinking about ordering one on Amazon... would love to hear some opinions on em.. good or bad.

& for ppl that are familiar w/ em... any suggestions for the best models?

Destroyer
09-23-2015, 10:01 PM
they're not shit to an actual pc or mac

Destroyer
09-23-2015, 10:02 PM
I'd get a Mac mini bro
I have one, it's running Yosemite OSX with 500 gb internal
hdmi to my tv
wireless keyboard and mouse. cost me like 650 for everything

~RustyGunZ~
09-23-2015, 10:11 PM
They're just tablets with a tad more power

They're terrible imho

Strikta
09-23-2015, 10:20 PM
Them Mac minis sound like the shit tbh... I really want one.. but they a cpl hundo outta my price range to get everything w/ it.

I could still cop it, but I wouldn't be able to get a cpl other things I'm tryna get.

I'ma look into it tho.

Greed
09-23-2015, 10:58 PM
I need a computer too. Im invested in this thread.

Fart
09-24-2015, 03:56 AM
short answer no

Fart
09-24-2015, 03:58 AM
the only acceptable tablet like that is the surface pro and thats way out of that price range

veritas
09-24-2015, 06:55 AM
Strikta

fraze
09-24-2015, 09:11 AM
are you planning on doing anything cpu intensive? graphics, gaming, datamining?

if so you would need something towards the high end of the range of these devices (Yoga Pro, Surface, etc) to do what you need

Otherwise for normal computer tasks the 2-in-1s are fine. they tend to be speced lighter than their laptop counterparts for portability. just make sure whatever you get has an actual PC CPU (should be Ivy Bridge atm), not one of the smaller ones they use in phones or netbooks (Atom).

You'll also want something with 4gb or more of ram if you can find it, or possibly expandable memory so you can add more. ram is pretty cheap, but afaik most of the 2 in ones dont have user accessible memory so you might be stuck with whatever it comes with out of the box.

Razah
09-24-2015, 11:15 PM
What will you use it for?

Certain
09-25-2015, 01:56 AM
The Chromebook is good and cheap and even has decent sizes available. The key move with any of those is to use Google Docs for everything you normally would use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.), and downloading as little as possible. Let the Internet store your files rather than your hard drive. Also use Internet versions of things like Twitter and Outlook for the same reason.

Ghost1
09-25-2015, 07:44 AM
Mac mini Givin me a chub

My current laptop is fucked. Might have to cop one.

Strikta
09-26-2015, 07:58 PM
I used an Asus 2in1 yesterday for about 15 mins or so over my bro crib... & it was SICK imo. I disconnected the tablet from the keyboard & used the tablet by itself for a few, & I was impressed how u can actually use Windows as opposed to an Android OS, & it was smooth as shit I tell ya. Using it as a laptop itself, it functioned great as well... u need a mouse I believe tho... no trackpad or ball anywhere. Iono if they come w/ a mouse or if u gotta buy one, but I don't care.... it was dope. My only real concern is RAM/memory/storage.

Other than that I fuckin loved it.

I def wanna have a look at a Mac Mini before I make any purchase tho.

Might look at Chromebooks as well... Certain.. I'm digging the idea of using the net itself to store files rather than the hard drive. That there is the move. These days I guess that's what everyone's starting to do I see. I already store most my audio files online.

Fart
09-26-2015, 08:03 PM
Never get mac's overpriced crap if you aren't editing music or video.

Chemist
09-26-2015, 08:07 PM
if you want a tablet with good features and good for note taking in school id say get the thinkpad tablet 2. I have it and its amazing on writing recognition and if your palm is resting on it wont fukc up your writing.

Witty
09-26-2015, 08:08 PM
My girl has a chromebook, it's legit.