PDA

View Full Version : Timeless 2-3 vs. Frank 1-1 - FRANK 5-0

Adonis
09-24-2015, 11:59 PM
AOWL Season V, Week 10

SUMMARY OF RULES:

Verses are due
Tuesday at 9 p.m. Pacific/West Coast or Tuesday 11:59 PM Eastern / 6:00 AM Wednesday Central European/London
There are NO extensions.

Verses MUST be a minimum 10 lines or a maximum of 48 lines (or 650 words).

Votes are due Friday at 4:00 p.m. Western / or Friday 7:00 PM Eastern / 1:00 AM Saturday Central European/London Failure to vote will result in automatic sign out for the next week.

All competitors must vote on THREE battles and post links/ references in the voting thread.

Read the full rules here! (http://www.netcees.org/showthread.php?t=119848)

Topic: http://100.best-poems.net/road-not-taken.html

Robert Frost – The Road Not Taken

G/Luck timeless Frank

timeless
09-25-2015, 01:30 AM
Yup

timeless
09-29-2015, 06:18 PM
Passion is the key to success in any human aspiration.
Even a good tune will heal until the music slaps the patient.
Let's just all sit down and assume we cracked the pavement,
Until the rest of the ground beneath you moves fast and breaks in.

Life is full of cons for an artist willing to paint the picture.
Easy to cheat the world until your own mistakes have simmered.
You lose sense of true judgement 'til your fate is blistered.
So erase the pixels and place bets when the stakes are bigger.

Francis was glancing at the time when he smothered his canvas,
With the same sounding words his mother once banished.
His opponent sensed the effort and smothered his antics.
Not even Francis could advance when pushed under a transit.

Thought, "I'll log into Red Glare and bring the title home.
Might even battle myself with two flows of a tidal cloned."
Forever left his integrity at the door but let his spinal roam.
Picked at the skeleton in his closet until the final bone.

How about the time that he lost to Cake in a shutout,
When he couldn't convince us he won and labeled us a tough crowd.
It seems now's the time to get chased out and rundown,
Before he walks the thin line between genius and dumbfound.

If you want to take over the league, do it with peace.
Don't start from a scratched tree and loosen the leafs.
Sooner or later you'll lose and here's proof that its me,
I'm the only one to kill a man and still have him groove to the beat.

Francis did everything he could to find home and break-in.
In the end, his guilt backfired as soon as he chose impatience.
You'll get better in time, soon you will feel and know the basics.
Shame how honesty for you was always the road not taken.

Frank
09-30-2015, 01:59 AM
Jack Frost

The Driving Instructor waits outside for me in the most remotest location
My Rich Father insists that I learn how to drive
before he terminates the chauffer, who’s grown much too old to control the automobile in this snowy oasis.
The Rolls Royce Engine warms it self up
light touch of the gas pedal; melting away the frozen embankment
The driving instructor is growing impatient
I can see him pacing with ulterior motives in his over coat, through the window like a funneling globe observation
The snowflakes sting my face, as I walk the long drive way to him
the tall gates open on the estate
“Master Frank” - he greets me with a joyous ovation: A bright red, ice cold oval face glowing in stoic embracement...
His eyes bright blue, making the temperature feel like zero below - from the frozen rope of his gaze
Once inside of the Rolls Royce: the cozy, luxurious feeling of warm leather seating against your soul, your so emblazoned
Snakeskin steering wheel
made from the smooth scales of a boas vertebrae
I position my hands 10 to 2 and check my rearview: which is a bleak, morbid oasis of precipitation blowing and swaying
The carpet of the car is wooly mammoth
flown in from an archeologist site that found its bones in total arrangement, flowing in its soft brown mange throughout the cabin: open and spacious
I shift the Rolls Royce out of park,
and the tires spiraled and spiraled, until they roasted and smoke rose from the eroded tire before it broke free, and rolled out unscathed
“Always fasten your seat belt first”
The driving instructor said, checking a box with a bold engraving
The car stalled to a slow stop.
I had gotten out, and pushed the car through the pine cone fragrance
A crisp lungful of arctic air roaming into your encasing: You exhale and see your breath like a ghost in a blanket
The Driving Instructor is beeping the horn
- that echoes in the mountains like a roller coaster vibration
I appear like a deer in the head lights –
A look of hopeless derangement
A cherry reddish nose: bitten by the bitter winter – red with the hint of purple from the exposure to this abrasive flurry that has stoned me with strobes after strobe of snow that I’m facing...
Whiteout blustery conditions, the Driving Instructor has radioed for the station
My earlobes turned into icicles that hung low like ornaments that easily broke on the pavement...
My heart beats slows down to a scary tempo.
I sloped over into the snow and made an angel: holy and sacred
I stood up in a white outfit that made me look like Pope Franklyn
The tingling in my toes was serrating: my clothing heavy with snow like a robe with its weight an
I watched the Driving Instructor get towed away.
The rear lights in the blizzard like two Rudolph's going to chase him
Jack Frost never did get this drivers license

the road not taken

NYCSPITZ
10-01-2015, 04:53 PM
yo lmaooo @ timeless' verse. I thought the first couple stanzas was gonna make it some deep, dope philosophical shit. It turned into a classic Frank-esque attack the league/opponent. KO shit, personals galore and was original. I still liked the beginning the best though, just the thoughts and cadence of the internals made it ill to me...

Frank's was lol worthy too, turns into jack frost and shit. What appeals to me is that Franks stays in character by saying outrageous shit that is impossible, like finding a wooly mammoth skin (WTF) on the floor of his rolls royce, but it's fucking hilarious imo. The creativity with turning into Jack Frost, and that "master frank" shit was lols and pushed it in his favor imo.

dope battle

v/frank

e11even
10-01-2015, 05:14 PM
Timeless- I envy this angle. We've all had our dramatic scene with Frank or at least have witnessed one and once upon a time I was gonna write something like this. That said, this was kinda cool directly in-line with the subject, seeing as how battle tactics aren't usually taken to tropicals. Calling Frank Francis was a nice touch.

Thought, "I'll log into Red Glare and bring the title home.
Might even battle myself with two flows of a tidal cloned."
Forever left his integrity at the door but let his spinal roam.
Picked at the skeleton in his closet until the final bone.

This section stuck out to me even though at times the language was awkward (saying the same word twice, etc.) for the sake of rhyming. I still kinda liked this piece. Not as aggressive as I would have expected from this angle, but it was still cool.

Frank- ummm... This was sort of unexpected. You wrote a book, albeit a very descriptive book, that lended nothing to the subject until the last line. Well, in all fairness you both did that very thing. I will commend you on the fact that you focused on your strengths. I MO you did way too much in the wrong direction for me. I just felt like it was too much of a read for it all just to come down to the last line. I don't know. Usually you're more on track than this. For what it was, it was amazing. I will give you that. Good job to you both. Really.

This is hard to judge because my bias against Frank makes me wanna be swayed by timeless's piece, but Frank is a scholarly writer and I can't deny him his winning traits. MVGT Frank for having the overall better piece, seeing as how there wasn't enough done by timeless to actually take this.

Nigma
10-01-2015, 07:55 PM
timeless, this was like a reading a frank verse, but worse

frank, cool verse. your poetic descriptions are the fucked up similes you use are fun to read. you engage the reader really well. looking at the topic, your interpretation is laughably linear however very few people would think of it. anyways, one sided affair here in my eyes

i did read timeless' verse, this is a one sided battle and he gave me the shittiest vote of all time a few weeks back so if he complains about not getting feed he can suck a fat d.

+1 Frank

EtH
10-01-2015, 10:38 PM
timeless - "This was like reading a Frank verse"...........and that's fucking AWESOME. Not many guys would have the balls to Frank Frank but you Franked Frank like only Frank would. I'd have liked to see you scheme everything, because I've come to realize that's the nonchalant style Frank uses. I feel I connected with this more than I have the past two weeks with Frank, because even though it was a topic he'd use, you still kept it very coherent which is sometimes your opponent's downfall. A huugggggge risk to diss your opponent in a topical since that's the first thing we tell newcomers to avoid, but I think for your verse it might have just paid off here.

Frank - I have to give it to you. For a dude that has won championships with his verses, you try to make us hate them sooooooooooooo much with those ugly ass fonts haha. First line, romotest...really man? I almost feel you're trying to fuck with me when you write. Like your actual goal is to trick people into not noticing this shit haha. Would you believe the last few days I've been saying to myself "Next topical verse you're finding somewhere to throw in stoic" and then you do this shit? Bad enough that I jacked stygian from Baron but now I'll be jacking stoic from you. Repeat of "oasis" annoyed me. Again, LEARN HOW TO MATCH YOUR MULTI SYLLABLES TOGETHER! Some fucking awesome flow in here, solid visuals, everything really really good and you punched through a horrid structure which is never easy to do but you Frank'd through that. If only you could stop fucking breaking up your multis with bad syllables you'd be one of the best writers around here. I'm reading this shit thinking "Man this dude paints a picture like he's inside my fucking eyes" and yet it's the only thing that keeps holding me off from loving the drops.

Overall, a close round. One took a big risk which paid off, but the other just has more in his tool belt that I really enjoyed reading.

MVGT - Frank

UnbornBuddha
10-01-2015, 11:25 PM
Timeless, this definitely brought giggles, even though I was not present during some of those earlier seasons, I acquainted myself with them, so as to know the pertinent details about the competition and the people involved. Anyways, this was funny and entertaining, but nonetheless this was not enough to conquer Frank.

Frank: You have the most vivid description of the scenery than most writers here, in my opinion. Everything is very detailed and concise. Well, maybe not concise given the horrific presentation and the chaos of the whole process. Nevertheless, as some ideological traditions state: From chaos emerged life. You use this chaos to your advantage, so as to create a whirlwind of ideas that come together and form a unique picture and story, a portrait where you splashed tons of colors together, probably of the same color, blue for example, but all types, hues and shades of blue, until you come up with something that is outrageous but engorging at the same time.

Vote: Frank