PDA

View Full Version : so u got your five pillars

Chyeahhh!!!
09-30-2015, 10:52 PM
Good discussion with my girl tonight listening to old school shit ..put her onto digital underground sex packets. Anyways started talking to her about old school shit and I hit her with what or who I considered were the five pillars of hip hop

Rakim....mr lyrics of fury himself. The god
Krs one...the teacher, socially aware
Big daddy cane...smooth operator typa shit, slick as hell but still a beast
slick rick....the story teller, nobody even came close
Kool g rap...the gangster..the vividness, the multis the flow...smh

Discuss

Destroyer
09-30-2015, 10:55 PM
no grandmaster caz?

PancakeBrah
09-30-2015, 11:03 PM
Went to the tobacco counter at the Supermarket today. Didn't have Wintergreen. Went with Mint.

It is fucking terrible.

uh-oh
10-01-2015, 06:40 AM
Good discussion with my girl tonight listening to old school shit ..put her onto digital underground sex packets. Anyways started talking to her about old school shit and I hit her with what or who I considered were the five pillars of hip hop

Rakim....mr lyrics of fury himself. The god
Krs one...the teacher, socially aware
Big daddy cane...smooth operator typa shit, slick as hell but still a beast
slick rick....the story teller, nobody even came close
Kool g rap...the gangster..the vividness, the multis the flow...smh

Discussthats about as solid of a list as you can name really

Chyeahhh!!!
10-01-2015, 07:30 AM
no grandmaster caz?

well of course he's a pillar, ghost wrote the beginning of the game
Afrikka Bambatta
Kool Moe Dee/ Treacherous 3
Busy Bee (that's early early shit, didn't really know about him until I got older, my fam didn't really like cats from Harlem lol so I didn't hear shit from him )
Run DMC- man I can't even say enough

throw in Ultramagnetic MC's for a wild card

but these were all before me, early, so I can't account for them on the level of influence they had on me like I can for my original 5, actually grew up listening to them as a short, Father and older bro's were listening to my first list, that's how I got on them. Here are a few others that blew my brains to bits

Public Enemy
Ice Cube
NWA
Beastie Boys
LL Cool J

much of this shit is still on rotation too this day. Paul Revere from BB still gets as much play in the whip as anything out there today