PDA

View Full Version : Week 14 Contenders: Innovator vs. YDK - (YDK wins)

Vulgar
09-30-2015, 10:57 PM
LGPA Season 1: Week 14

Innovator YDK

Check ins: Thursday (Midnight Eastern time)
Poems Due: Friday (Midnight Eastern time)
Votes due: Sunday (Midnight Eastern time)

Topic: The Animal Kingdom

Write about something you see in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZud8JHtxWE

Good luck.

YDK
10-01-2015, 01:06 AM
Check

Inno
10-01-2015, 08:40 AM
Oh my

Inno
10-02-2015, 10:23 PM
Ext plz

Inno
10-03-2015, 09:24 PM
Fields of savages amongst victims
Fur killer skin, ivory hunter stink
Blood curdling howls haunt the moon
Mauled paws swipe the the stars
Chasing heaven Amidst the haze

Killings saturate the winds
Souls evaporated along the trails
Lost battles, tales of the fallen
Victory stalked, pranced. Killed.

YDK
10-04-2015, 02:13 AM
Droppin soon

YDK
10-04-2015, 02:17 AM
Elegance, wild
The food chain has no remorse
When we're all hungry

Spoken
10-04-2015, 03:52 AM
Just to let ya kno ur ku is off brother its only 4-7-5 bruh first default.

This was actually harder to vote on than it seems tbr.... the haiku speaks in volumes.... and its utterly effective. For what it is and how jt indulged into the tooic. Niceness and inno had a nice descriptive of the basic yet completw take on such tooic. U did a predictable take but expanded thw creativity and showed crafted work with ur word selection.

Hmm..... hard but I gotta go with inn... could go either way tho

YDK
10-04-2015, 04:08 AM
Just to let ya kno ur ku is off brother its only 4-7-5 bruh first default.

This was actually harder to vote on than it seems tbr.... the haiku speaks in volumes.... and its utterly effective. For what it is and how jt indulged into the tooic. Niceness and inno had a nice descriptive of the basic yet completw take on such tooic. U did a predictable take but expanded thw creativity and showed crafted work with ur word selection.

Hmm..... hard but I gotta go with inn... could go either way tho

I pronounce wild as 2 syllables (why-ooled)
Just to be clear lol

Woke
10-04-2015, 02:45 PM
I am going to give this to YDK. While it is a close battle, both were short and that haiku is just overly effective. Shit hit a few nails on the pin head square

v/ydk

Vulgar
10-06-2015, 11:42 PM
Tough battle to tally. Innovator came with something of a picture in a photo album approach, giving the reader glimpses of various perspectives in respect to war, animalistic nature, and he used animals as a way of doing this. It had its flimsy moments. I don't think it was a strong showing. My poem was garbo this week, btw. (Smh)

YDK - "Elegance, wild" is a bit of a mismatch. Unless... well, we can consider nature as an elegant network. It really is. The last line was a hitter, I liked the sound of it. It has an element of an overseeing statement - one of those lines that are impossible to disagree with. We nod our heads like "Eh? Yes." in the aftermath.

VOTE YDK

Frank
10-07-2015, 03:40 AM
MVGT YDK

Haiku nullified his opponent