PDA

View Full Version : Week 15: Spoken vs. Deargel - (Spoken wins)

Vulgar
10-07-2015, 09:59 AM
LGPA Season 1: Week 15

Spoken Dearg

Check ins: Thursday (Midnight Eastern time)
Poems Due: Friday (Midnight Eastern time)
Votes due: Sunday (Midnight Eastern time)

Topic:

Topic thread.

Good luck.

Dearg
10-07-2015, 01:44 PM
Twice in one week. Good luck.

Dearg
10-07-2015, 11:50 PM
http://img03.deviantart.net/2843/i/2015/260/2/4/escape_by_milanvopalensky-d99voye.jpg

Only God knows what
I would be without you, but
I need to find out...

Spoken
10-08-2015, 11:59 AM
Check

Spoken
10-08-2015, 12:02 PM
http://img06.deviantart.net/260b/i/2015/276/5/9/inside_a_violin_by_borda-d9brbln.jpg

Till the fingers dry;
stemmed nuisance purges inside.
this musical hall

Adonis
10-09-2015, 11:04 PM
Really good battle here. While Speaky wrote something more visual, my dear wrote about life/death in few words. A suicide note. I might say he struck a cord and this may come off as ironic considering the musical overtone of his combatant, so I will. While each Haiku was solid per say, one had the depth of a wandering soul wondering what could have been. The other was inside a instrument, one had more depth

V/G

YDK
10-10-2015, 04:30 PM
Hmm this was interesting.
Honestly having seen both of you write for years I was actually unimpressed surprisingly. A haiku to me personally and I've seen you both use a different style; is more than just one continued sentence. It's like, you could have said something like "only God can judge"
And then follow it with a metaphor in the second line followed by a continuation of the first line to pull it all together.
You have both done this or somethin similar in the past which is more personal preference than anything but it seems you both had solid pieces with this style you used this time.
For what it's worth I enjoyed both just expected somethin deeper from both.
I think spoken hit closer to home for me with his piece, the verbiage and wording used was cleaner imo but dearg had a solid drop also with the questioning God and life itself but again I think if you had used different wording or your other style with haikus you could have taken this easily.
Good drops from both but I gotta lean towards spoken with this one.
Vote spoken

Frank
10-10-2015, 05:12 PM
MVGT: spoken
thing is, I think derg bit that haiku. I am going to do my research. Get one of my cousins to come to his location and see what's what. I have his Facebook. Expect me somehow or someway to get to you in the physical world. I enjoyed the picture selection more so from his opponent spoken.
A truly well written piece...

UnbornBuddha
10-11-2015, 06:45 PM
I find Haiku's the hardest poems to vote on. At first glance Dearg's haiku seems to be the most profound since it speaks on the metaphysical convention, like God and such. One thing that I noticed is that it didn't have any sensory aspect to it, in all discretion my favorite haiku's involve sound and sight like that of the Japanese master, Basho. This was more reflective with no big surprise at the end as is typical. I would like to see something more impactful, an idea that is more invigorating.

Spoken: Was more visual and didn't have much emotion embedded, and he had this interesting mesh of images. If I interpreted right this was some type of person, substance, or thing inside some type of musical instrument. And the person playing seems to be trying to purge it while in a musical hall. I might be wrong, but this was an interesting image it gave to my mind that I've never conjured, whether you directly meant it or not.

Vote: Spoken