PDA

View Full Version : Week 12 Magazine (Heavenly principle)

UnbornBuddha
10-11-2015, 11:54 PM
Meaning lies not in words, but only in that which words stand. -Socrates
Where can I find a man who has forgotten words so I can talk with him?- Zhuang Zi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JftFh2GcTVI

It is Buddha here, now known as Godcomplex. Welcome, and hope this is a fun read, if not well too bad, hahaha. Anyways, we will proceed and hopefully something worthwhile will be produced from my endeavor. This is my first magazine, so while I welcome critique, please keep in mind that I am a novice at this sort of thing. Great, now that we got that out that way, let us proceed to this bountiful and competitive week we had, filled with both controversy and a tad of rebellion. But who doesn’t like a little bit of anarchy? It’s good for the soul, after all.
Also, big props to Adonis and Lars, in some ways they are the true stars of this show; they are the puppeteers while we the puppets.
Also big love to the Poetry league, run by the legendary Vulgar. There have been some great poems produced there at this league, check some matches out.

UnbornBuddha
10-12-2015, 12:26 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zg6eSgTKDs
Battle reviews: By Adonis and GC (Unborn)
Spoken vs Dearg: This was a battle that highlighted the notion of the danger of posting too early. While, no one wrote a verse that was not worth reading, both verses felt rushed, disconnected, and directionless. I feel the compass of time would have served them well, but for some reason they were either excited or anxious to post early. While, I admire the volition to get the battle commenced quickly, one must ensure one’s verse is more suited for battle. Dearg won here because the readers felt it was more coherent.

Fraze vs YDK- YDK got a flawless here. YDK was more captivating, even though his usage of the word light became somewhat maddening, especially for someone that tries not to repeat a word if at all not necessary. Albeit, sometimes it is an important tool for emphasis and obviously YDK attempted to use emphasis, but the way he used it in the first lines started to make some of the lines stale and took away from the punch of the others lines, punch not in the battle rap sense though. Fraze took an approach where he essentially depicted the picture in our minds, using words such as guilt and canvass to make alive this image that is being sketched inside us at different segments in time. YDK depicted light in different shades of “light”, see what I did there. The fat kid waking up expecting breakfast was kind of cringe worthy to be honest, but YDK captured more the votes because he delivered something that was clearer and seemed to have pertinence and resonance to the lives of others. He always try to connect somehow with others, whether his aware of it or not.

MMLP vs Bobby- The topic with the horse tied to the plastic hair was hilarious with the caption and all. As I mentioned in my vote, I felt MMLP took this because he was simply more entertaining. Bobby took a direction that wasn’t distinctive, a topic we’ve all written about in some degree. And while writing about something similar to the dictum at large is not a necessary minus, here it did feel somewhat less awe inspiring. MMLP took it because he took a risk, wrote about something I myself never have written about, even though it’s not something that profound, but it worked because of its minimalism.

Mr. J vs Nigma- Nigma took it, he is on a roll, undefeated. The final decision came from our own president. It was truly a nail biter and either one could have took it. I myself vote for Mr. J for reasons I explained there. Voters were going back and forth, some drawn to Mr. J’s more lucid approach, while others to Nigma’s more technical savvy approach. One thing I did dislike though is seeing Nigma produce such a magnificent verse in all aspects last week and failing to maintain at least some of the same standard, I understand we can’t produce a gem every time, but to me that Edgar Allen Poe impersonation was just beautiful.

Vividlyvague vs Sovereign- There were two highlight here besides the verses was NYC’s vote and Sovereign’s rebuttal, can’t we all just get along, probably not. The second highlight was the resurrection of the dormant latent machine known as Zygote, so there must have been something about this battle that was stimulating for this rare phenomenon to emerge. Anyways, the competitors both did a story type of approach, one had more rust (Vividly) and one had more interesting editing (Sovereign). But, the way Vividly carried his story seemed to take the readers hearts more, maybe perhaps because his stanzas seemed like journal entries starting with the date or because the emotion was not as “bland’ as another commentator dissected. I believe Vividly took it here because each line was more microscopic, in the sense that it added more fulfillment to the scenery, while Sovereign was adding details that at times felt superfluous.

Timeless vs. Flo Real

Flo, you wrote a verse that has been done to death, but you added many layers and concepts and metaphors into the tale. While I loved that aspect, truly did, I felt some wording was not on par. “Scold and more”, the more part fell flat, like everything was detailed around it, then more rhymed so..... there were two other instances such as this that I won't go into. In any case, I really enjoyed this read start to end because of the layers with in it. Dope read.

Time, I liked the two seperate stanzas, the way you opened with character build up in each and gave me a view of two souls, this was dope. I prefered the opening stanza more because the second seemed less descriptive and more shock value, but either way, I enjoyed this verse. It was short, and given that you were actually able to implant quite a bit of detail inside. No real flaws here if I can be honest, that's a rarity. Some lines we say different, so the flow chopped a bit, but I realize that's just annunciation and lingo and shit. This was a solid verse, would have been a close call for me voting wise and in the end I would have given it to you with the tiniest of margin.

Godcomplex vs. Ullr

Ullr, you wrote a decent little short story and tried incorporating just overall sound writing as opposed to killing conceptually or mechanically. This was a cool read, but beyond that, just didn't have enough meat to it. The route you went was good, but it read like the books I read to my daughters. Not your best work here my friend.

GC, Conceptually this was a very sound read. While you went dark in a very slight manner, I did enjoy its short lived sceneary. But this verse incorporated one huge metaphor of life and illusions. I thought you murdered this topic because of that. You do have a knack for flipping topics nicely as you did the Barney verse. You can actually write these short stories on the surface, but between the lines give me something deep to ponder as well. Dope verse this week my friend. No questions asked in the victory.

Razah vs. NYCSPITZ

Razah, so this type of verse, a writer writing if you will, I have seen a ridiculous amount of times. I loved a few individual lines, but the rhyme scheme was so fucking basic man, mime, mind, mine time.... You added a couple inners within, which saved some lines, but still, not the greatest verse in my eyes. I have come to enjoy depth and concepts itch my brain more then anything, unfortunately, this did not. Solid writing though, just not my forte.

NYC, WTF @ that concept man? Too dope. The writing itself didn't hinder or fall flat, the concept mos def held me captive as I had no clue where you were going, that closer though.... fire. I can't say this is one of your better verses because your better verses are easily in my top 10 all time, but this is a good read. You hit all focal points in what I use to Judge with, from imagery to character build up to cadance to the very rare suprise ending. I think the voters got it wrong here, but since you are signed out, who gives a fuck, although I still wish I could read another something next week from your stick-N-puck ass.

frank vs. Eth

Frank, pulling a verse is mad childish.

EtH, you wrote a somber read, a story of love and searching, waiting patiently. This was written well actually, not the most complex rhyme scheme or mind blowing concept, but what you did is write a straight forward verse that was good enough in all facets of the game, good enough to beat quite a few verses this week. I'm still not sure about your ceiling in terms of skill, but what I have seen is the ability to utilize different styles and win. Good shit thus far, look forward to you vs. a highly motivated Nigma.

NO SHOW SHINE

2tripple0

This was a short verse about a man in search for his tribe, who gets married in the end before tax evasion, who meets his mom who wants him to grow the family tree, she explains something about law and how you studied it like a hai-ku...I don't know what the fuck all of this means nor adds up to bro. Focus more, lay something out, re-draft.

UnbornBuddha
10-12-2015, 12:26 AM
Week 12 Predictions- BY Adonis

2tripple0 vs. Jesodist

No clue who jes is, but 2k seems like he is regressing again. Could be close or a blow out.

Jesodist 52%

Rakontur vs. Flo Real

Should be a short and close bout. Rak is more poetical, flo is more quick write on the spot. I imagine this will be the first battle open. I honestly think rak is more polished, but flo wrote his best verse IMO last week, so he might just be warming up

flo real 55%

Grudge Match: MMLP vs. YDK

Two of me personal favorites here. While MMLP has never risen to the occasion of being elite, which he may be able to, but I doubt, YDK has in the rarest of times. But he has, none the less. I can only assume each will be highly motivated given it is a grudge match, and this will be a great read in my eyes. I think YDK is the overall better writer, but believe a MMLP motivated can match the talent.

YDK 57%

Asylum vs. Fraze

I still am not sure if I have read a thing from Fraze. I remember writing if I have read something I don't remember, it's weird that I say that again. Asylum can freestyle his ass off, sure. When he writes he reads more poetical to me, and I think a descriptive based style could be enough for the win here.

Asylum 64%

VividlyVague vs. Timeless

I know you two know each other real well. This is a battle circa season 1-2 right here. I love it. This could be considered a grudge match as well as I'm sure you have each battled at least twice before. I think you are eerily similar writers and whoever has the better concept should edge this one out. I say that because you both are solid all around, but not elite in one category. So while you two are evenly matched, this will boil down to execution and concept alone.

50/50

Grudge Match: Witty vs. Dearg

hmmm, this right here is intriguing. If it is a grudge match Witty might have that fire lit under his ass due to some jawing. Witty at his best is pretty damn fucking good, title worthy easy. Dearg is unkown to me, but considering the amount of PM's I have received from haters who resepect the talent, I imagine he's a decent vet who has a shot at winning this. But Witty is that dude, make no mistake.

Witty 54%

Sovereign vs. CopyPat

A copypat sighting means only one thing, buckle up. I merely loosely read Sov's verse last week, but it was deep and he has potential if he can find out what voters like around here. Copy is the complete wild card. Dude can go 16-0 or 0-16 by either stepping on his own dick or just dropping shit that will blow your mind, either way, he's no light weight. Check the patterns.

CopyPat 66%

Frank vs. Ullr

The ever interesting Frank vs. the talented and a-typical U, should be intriguing none the less. I look forward to this one because Frank is elite, but Ullr was breaching that tier before he left to settle bussiness at another site. So does Ullr posses what is needed to beat frank, yes, but beat a upset frank over his theatrical loss last week, not so sure.

Frank 55%

Mr. J vs. Spoken

Spoken wrote one of my favorite verses this season in his first week of competition. Since has been a bit leveled. Mr. J on the other hand is fresh off a controversial loss, but one thing is certain. Dude can write, he writes often and writes good. He deserved all the accolades that he has including one of the longest tenured mid-season champion records.

Mr. J 52%

Contenders: Razah vs. GodComplex

Nice battle here, looking forward to this more then the rest. I don't know if GC will match the usual short lines that Razah puts out, either way, Razah can write a decent concept as can GC, but GC can murder the best of the best. I'm not saying Razah isn't elite, that verdict is still out, he seems to be at his best when his opponent matches his count, which inevitably would give him the edge this week. I believe it all hinges on whether or not the line count is matched.

GodComplex 66%

[b]Champion: Nigma vs. Contender EtH

The Champ match is not always a good read due ti different styles and shit, this one will be fun though. Nigma has been on a tear and will look for, what? A third title defense? EtH has climbed the ranks swiftly and no doubt has what it takes to perform under the pressure of the lime light. This is a battle that will go down as one of the toughest vote with two of the better verses of the week in my eyes easy.

Nigma 57%

UnbornBuddha
10-12-2015, 12:27 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVgPeoUGNbQ&list=FLuSsh3bXV4tonghVxzAT2NA&index=344
Old verse shine/ Dream match: Zygote vs Sacrifice
Zygote
A wandering sheik – two eyes turned upwards locked in a gaze
…as the monolith quakes, pulsating. Oscillating in place
Pungent aromas of dead fish and phosphorous waft from the lake
He stands up, watching – awake… but what is his name?
The townspeople call him; sorcerer, conjurer, a watcher of fate
the grass seems to sway. sunlight vibrates with a fanciful symmetry
He extends an arm to the heavens as if conducting a classical symphony
Wind ripples and quivers. dew drops split into two with a mitosis design
Methuselah hums with synchronicity - he closes his eyes and thus opens his mind…
Methuselah sees the present and the future, his cerebellum expands
Divulging its secrets. sunbeams beckon him, the wave spectrum commands
He merely obeys, feet trudging forwards so enlightened yet humble
The Gyroscope creaks. Dazzling yet fragile like a firefly in a bubble
Methuselah calls his horse over (named Equinox). Minds-bonded - symbiotically linked
Telepathically melded. Equinox neighs in agreement as they both stop to think
A notion is stirred as the wizard grabs from his bag a sacred papyrus,
Note this, he thinks – remember this moment and the landscape behind us
Winding roads wind and slowly turn like the arms on a clock
The wind cries out with a crack as the air snaps from a hard aftershock
Is it.. happening?
Critters scuttle and knees buckle from the plate tectonics’ hardened pressure
Methuselah enters the mountain town and admires its Platonic architecture
He basks in the wonder of the Gyroscope. It’s looming, imposing, so impossibly large
The Gyroscope’s entrance is guarded by a pool of Cerberus dogs crossed with sharks
Methuselah speaks the words inscribed on his arm, ‘Yosohoep lesyosuca’
A small golden box near the entrance of the Gyroscope opens and exposes its wonder
Releasing Venkateswara and Thor, Jarilo and Zalmoxis, Dionysus and Bastet
Sanskrit shapes illuminate – Sumerian Greek, ancient Abyssinian text
White ravens drift down from the clouds, and clothe Methuselah in gruesome attire
The spirits demands a sacrifice, and so Equinox is offered up into a funeral pyre
Outside his mind…
A passer-by passes by and spots Methuselah (the mans name is Enwaisee Issafool)
The man witnesses Methuselah levitating during his telekinetic and effortless ritual
Inside Methuselahs mind…
Horseflesh is roasting, sinews burning as alms, sharing their pain together as one
A green pearl is discharged from the ash. It starts reflecting the sun
The entrance to the Gyroscope clicks. Its door starts to gradually lift
Methuselah watches the gateway turn into a window with a swift paradigm shift
He hears a thousand years of creaking, he sees the magical arms coil –
As the Gyroscope finally unfurls to reveal 24 gynandrous gargoyles
They speak; “Methuselah, be not afraid… “Harmonizing their essence
They float in a circle and lure Methuselah inside. So calming. Their presence.
He steps forward. He steps forward. He steps forward a mile…
because every step is his first. He’s born again as a child
Foreseeing all fate, determining destiny while generating all outcomes
Methuselah sees his own death…
It’s stimulating his synapses with an amazing astoundment -
Methuselah turns around on the road and walks away from the mountain

vs.

Sacrifice
From slumber, wake to the calls of the Most High;
another episode, a schizophrenic node where time just floats by.
A whole life stuck in a stasis, where growth is a myth.
Expecting that a simple truth is supposed to exist.
A small television embedded in the wall seems like improper decor.
Each day is anticipation, waiting for the knock on the door...
Screaming silent noise. Each speck of dust it's own pious voice.
And with the knock, the static ceases:
"I dream of an ionized polity; our union's emboldened freedom revitalized.
Behold the meaning." An unfolded tapestry fell upon their tired eyes.
A massive symbolic nothingness. Concocted succubus from the pixel box.
"I realize you'll struggle with the meaning now.
But from within you'll pick apart your integrated mixed response."
Then the static resumed. Mind turned back to the blue darkness that inhabits the room.

Eyes upon the desolation that was once considered the core of Nature.
The street illuminated by the blaze of an ancient brazier:
the canonical vestibule containing the ever burning flame of war.
A couple hackneyed corner stores absorbed the poor:
the clearest indication as to what misfortune favored.
This gross gauntlet's exhausted by misuse and mismanagement.
And this pathetic display was Hope's market distraught and entangled,
yet... What they saw was an Angel... this, cloth like arrangement.
Crimson conglomerate, a black centerpiece with the script of the Empire:
This is Eternity.
This vast Heaven blessing the rabble with His ambition to prosper.
How could one forget the image, a monster; our masked enemy
with his finger on the wick, set to exploit such vast energy.
A single history exists, and the window that is peered through,
only traces the twilight, in the shadows where the fear moves.

Then the static subsided.
Again the drapery falls covering the hallway behind.
In the fore, but off to the side rests a majestic masterpiece with mesmerizing marble design.
A sculpture, divine; and he addresses it with piety:
"I dream of a unified collective, thus we pay the cost for the prize."
And pointing to the etching on it's arm, he recites:
"This is Absolute."
With eyes upon the devastating implications of entropy.
A pixel box full of hope in the face of integrated, infected deeds.
Within; more than what one could expect to see,
and yet, it seems His smile resembles a full introspective peace.
They ask for an acceptance, beneath a City of Smog,
one could simply consult the window to see that desolation is privy to all.
In this outdated machine their belief in dominant subservience
should facilitate a true crisis, existentia; so obviously permanent.
A combined persona emblazoned with abysmal radiance.
But it doesn't...
And when the static resumes, underneath the afternoon dusk,
it only takes one to recognize the consistent sapience passing through... us.

Panorama: from left to right you'll notice the crystalline wasteland.
Each citizen frozen in place.
Sand from the hourglass levitates an inch from the ground.
Each body breathing, living out their existence through sound.
A pixel box screaming destitute agony.
And when the static ceases, and the screen is filled with color again,
the people come to life for a brief episode of love and regret.
Blinded by their hedonistic passion for aesthetics,
a simple turn of a key turns madness into essence.
An historian could summarize the absolute's intention,
but language can't describe the nature of such intractable impressions.
Humans embossed. Not on a canvas where truth isn't lost,
but inside a series of inevitable decisions you must choose at a cost.
Screaming silence through your pixel-stained window.
This is Reality.

UnbornBuddha
10-12-2015, 12:27 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0ZI80m5STU&list=FLuSsh3bXV4tonghVxzAT2NA&index=187
Writer analysis: BY GC

@Mr. J- Ah, the J man himself, the joker, the jester, the wildcard. I do believe wildcard personifies him well. Not because he is not consistent, I doubt anyone will debate that, he drops more open mics than anyone else I have seen. Maybe 2 tripple got him on the open mic cipher though? Any who, Mr. J does not bring his full potential all the time, I think when I faced him and he bested me, he brought that heat. But, many times he slacks it seems and does not challenge his horizon, even though what he brings is still technically solid, but as we writers know that we must challenge ourselves once we hit our plateaus if not we stagnate. But, Mr. J has it in him to champ, if he goes into overdrive, showing the exemplary Mr. J that we see glimpses of all the time.

timeless: I’ve competed with Timeless for a while now, even at the amazing tournament at Projectrhyme, good run by the way! Lars connotative comparison of timeless as the league’s iron man is quite succinctly put, Timeless shows and he gets better every league. Albeit, he doesn’t always bring the full weaponry and mechanical arsenal that his capable of firing, he still comes every time correct and will take the match from you, if you underestimate him. His weakness is really his own lack of motivation; he needs to break these thresholds of his own chains that bind him in his place, so as to reach greatness and beyond.

Vividlyvague: I don’t know much about him, although do know he is a familiar face, albeit not to me. But, from what I’ve seen he has quite the knack to tell stories. I believe this to be one of the most important traits for a topicalist. Although, judging from his last entry, there is some rust there, which needs to fully oxidize so as to shine again. But, heck he brought Zygote from his cybernetic dormant sleep, so Vividly is one to look out for.

Nigma: This guy is a heavy hitter; he is a proficient man of language. Albeit, sometimes he does forsake connection with the reader in order to connect better with his process and product. Which is fine, but you will lose votes that way. It can’t really be helped in some way because some writers do not write for the readers, but the readers are still captivated by the magnificence of the product nevertheless. I think your biggest strength is your abilities to conjure a schematic framework for your piece to flow so mechanically well, however the concepts themselves sometimes bleed out from different portals, and not all these channels of transference align with each other. And so you’re writing while not nonsensical becomes muddled in a metaphorical melting pot.

@2triple0: The myth, the man, the legend. Well, where do I begin? 2tripple has a big heart and it shows by his consistency to continue peddling his product like some type of hooligan in the projects, me against the world type of shenanigan. However, he doesn’t seem to care about the actual product his selling and for him to elevate I think necessitates him to change the neural pathways his mind is firing on. Thus, he will be able to produce more impactful brain chemicals for his writing to emanate from, thus securing a much more grounded source. I liked his magazine though, even though I didn’t really get the trajectory in which he was going. It was enjoyable to see the process from where his writing emanates from. And I don’t think his writing is ghastly, but it suffers from an inability to penetrate pass basic language deficiencies. And if you don’t rectify this vacuity, then there might not be a status upgrade.

NYCSPITZ: He is a very sound writer and operates at a crème de la crème echelon, albeit he forsakes his abilities by focusing on prestige and self-importance rather than the actual writing itself. Therefore, looking down on his opponent and deciding not to craft what his capable of due to an air of superiority. But, when he puts his all, the verse is one of the best from any competitor. He is someone to always be wary of because he will best you, if you don’t give it your all, which frankly still might not be enough. His beef with @bigbaby was humorous, and both are incredible writers, truth be told. But they probably won’t acknowledge their rivals skills due to pride, perhaps, or whatever other illusory mechanism we human creatures operate from. He made it to the season’s championship last season, but for some reason he decided to write what most jokingly said he was going to write, a samurai-esque tale. Perhaps, he doesn’t care, or maybe he thought he would write such an epic samurai fabrication that it will turn upside down the critique of the readers, so as to make us swallow our tongues as we look at awe at his ninja riddled fable. To summarize, I always look forward to his drops.

YDK: Every time I see his name, the rhyming side of my mind takes hold and Y2K comes to the forefront. Remember when that was a thing? I remember my dad storing food and water, hahaha, oh imagine if it did happen though, we might be doing this topical thing in an apocalyptic setting, anyways, sorry for rambling. YDK is one of a writer that validates his verses through the emotions that they convey. I don’t think I’ve seen write a verse that doesn’t carry an intonation of a universal sentiment of some kind. Thus, if you don’t counteract him with something that is personal and easily relates to most readers, then you will lose, especially if YDK matches you mechanically. I would like him to expand his armory though; I want to see him go to the battlefield with a different armor on, pne that doesn’t have etched into it his bleeding heart, which makes for a spectacle of a match, since he puts his heart on the line. But at the same it becomes a bit grotesque seeing a combatant put his deepest feelings to be viewed superficially each time, but, his someone to be careful of, because he will snatch your crown.

Witty: Witty is someone who is humble and doesn’t take himself too seriously. Albeit, he does sincerely believe he can take anyone. Does he have a valid reason to believe this? Yes, he is someone who can craft something that is always worthy to be read. Now, he does seem to take similar routes, exploiting the themes of murder, although he does put a twist on them, just check out last season’s Disney or beloved princesses’ rendition. His mind when writing seems to carry him into the direction of showing the worst of humanity. But, he does it in a way that is not very depressing, and only thing I will like him to do more is to write more creatively. Because he writes well, but would like to see him write something with more imagination, something truly mind-blowing. His fully capable, but no-shows way too often and it’s a shame because he makes for an enjoyable participant all around. His a funny guy and a writer who can create works to be proud of, albeit it will be nice to see him adapt more to a process that transmits an evolution of ideas over time.

CopyPat: This guy is a rhyming machine, he will write some of the longest multi’s, although simple in a way, they are still advanced schematically, and you could easily lose sight of what he did, if you don’t pay attention. His themes usually lighthearted and involve beer and the things that Homer Simpson will indefinitely approve of. If you ever get tired of the seriousness that most we writers here are inclined to produce, check out Copypat for something that will lift you from the slums. Thus, reminding you of the greater joys in life, intoxication and the mistakes that are produced from that stupor. I like his writing and he has one of the most enjoyable cadence, in a way his more of an audio writer because it is easy to see that his writing is geared for it. Because sometimes he becomes too trapped by the literal reading of the topic and doesn’t allow himself to go beyond the usual bounds of what he usually thinks and goes toward to.

Sovereign: A relative newcomer in Netcees, his writing is very peculiar and different, not in a bad way. Even his votes differ, the rating of 20 he gives at the end of his votes always give me the giggles, it is an interesting way to rate another’s performance here. As for his writing itself, I think he needs to utilize a more customary and time-honored approach around here, one that therein contains itself on its own format. I think he is trying to be innovative, and he doesn’t have the foothold to do so. If he lets himself be more well-known around here first, before taking approaches that may not be what is the standard. And we should welcome different creeds and styles, but like everything else, the style needs to concord with the likings of others, if not they will be put-off by the different expression and way you utilize your words, which sometimes comes off as immature in your development.

Razah: This guy has been very successful, here and the Martyrs tournament. I don’t know if he is bothered by others not acknowledging him more because he can write something that is very sound, although usually short to the point. He has stated he is very competitive, so I assume he does care somewhat. He is one of the most natural and reader friendly in his writings. I used to get the impression that he didn’t like me for some reason; its fine I can’t be liked by everybody, and it would be a dull world if I was. Nevertheless, I expect him to continue to climb up the rankings and beat other well-established writers. But, like I told him, I would like to see him write something that is more memorable not just because of the flow and all that, but because the content itself is fleshed out in a way that gives the reader new hope and understanding and that may require a lengthier process/ read. Razah says that he likes to read and rap the topicals out loud, so he is very focused on it being musically centered, and that’s really great, but in another perspective, when it comes to this kind of writing that is also a downfall. Because it means your flow will be great, but if you’re not careful you won’t carry out and manifest your original intention when crafting, and you will also overlook other writers whose work might be lengthier but worthy to be learned from. This is what I feel needs to happen for continual growth, we need to bypass our likings and try to see what others styles can be derived of.

Dearg: Someone mentioned he is Dagel, for some reason people seem to say that name with scorn. And I heard he plagiarized someone’s work, which is always something to consider when reading his verse. A thief is always a thief, no? I myself don’t believe this, but those who compete have to take precautions. We already have had enough tension with Frank and such. His actual writing this week looked rushed and he told me he was experimenting with a new style. So besides that I cannot really speak on his abilities. He seems very confident and just skimming quickly through his open mic pieces he shows much more proficiency than he displayed this week. Check out his pieces and leave a comment. In fact, if you have some time to spare leave some feedback on some others writers. Sadly, open mic has been kind of lifeless lately, in terms of activity.

Flo Real: Ah! Flo Real, every time I now hear his name, I see his grumpy pic. Perhaps, a smile would ease his cantankerous exterior. His raps are not the most advanced, but they nevertheless are smooth and carry these nice short length expositions. Most of the times he seems to write very quickly and for the effort exerted he manages to put something of worth considering the time put in. The big question is does he flow real? You decide.

fraze: I don’t really know much of Fraze, to be honest. I haven’t had the pleasure of reading much of his work; I have seen that he is an active battler, so it takes quite a unique type of skill to be able to write topicals and battle raps. Judging from his short piece it was filled with much assonance and had tibits of great lines, but being so short it’s difficult to ascertain anything beyond that of capability overall. He obviously seems to know how to craft a proper topical, and probably has experience doing it. It was somewhat without a trace, a source. Meaning he wrote something that wasn’t fundamentally flawed, but the essence of it was muddled somehow in the midst of focusing on elements, such as placing the right words, etc.

Ullr: I have faced Ullr more than anyone this year, I seem to be this lyrical superman’s kryptonite. Kidding aside, I enjoy his writing he is very technical and proficient, as in articulate. Check out our poetry battle that took place a while back, I thought it was excellent. Like Nigma, he is one that participates supposedly in various tournaments And I believe one of the reasons sometimes his vision doesn’t come out is because he spreads himself too thin. But, there is no denying his ability to write majestically. What really comes down to him is focus and resourcefulness. He usually takes the direct approach, so when facing opponents that are more cryptic or innovative his approach can falter and be slayed, metaphorically of course.

Frank: What can I say of Frank, that hasn’t been said already? He definitely is conniving, but I don’t believe he means harm, I do think he is well-intentioned. But, as we know the “road to hell is paved with good intentions”. Frank writes some of the most descriptive tales that I’ve read, sometimes he does rhyme just for the sake of rhyming it seems, but still very few consistently carry a scheme throughout the whole verse, albeit sometimes the schemes are somewhat distorted, meaning syllabically imperfect, but to tell you the truth, I myself am not too concerned with those pedantic details, some are and view them in a more serious manner, and I respect that. It seems Frank doesn’t know how to lose in a chivalrous manner, not that everyone needs to, but it is a good trait to cultivate especially for someone whose skills are as striking as Frank’s.

Spoken: Spoken has an interesting way he patterns his verses, every word seems fluid but somewhat stagnant as well. I feel like he has a very unique way in articulating things, but in essence there is still this rigidity that prevents him from accessing the depths of something greater. I don’t know if it’s his syntactical alignment, I don’t think so, I think he just places words that don’t resonate well with each other and it makes his writing appear disjointed, when it actually isn’t. If he can figure out how to keep his unique way of coherent, while doing away with the unnaturalness he will be at a better place as a lyricist. More eloquent and less lacking continuity.

EtH: A stickler for multisyllable alignment, this is another enigmatic character for me. Looking into his material there seems to be a sense of polish, but also a sense of overwhelming simplicity due to neurotic grasping to syllabic presentation and order. With that aside, I do believe he can go and conquer some more writers here, but I haven’t got that sense of awe reading his material yet. His also very spoken person and sometimes he comes off as too inflexible in literal and literary form, if he implemented a softness to his approach then he can resemble more so the purity that is inherent in water, one of the softest elements on earth. Still, he made it to the championship match and that fact speaks for itself. Despite anyone’s opinion, he has proven his worth in that regard. Now his facing Nigma and I think his going to need to come up with something clever to defeat him.

MMLP: President Lars close friend. MMLP always come through and I’ve seen him pen last minute verses when someone cannot show up. So he is very reliable and although he doesn’t come with the most tactical verbal attack, he nevertheless manages to write something that is assimilated neurologically into one’s machine capsule very effortlessly. I remember a while back Lars and MMLP were dropping these very cool verses in open mic and they flowed and meshed together well. There was even this Freddy Krueger one. Stylistically, he has semblance of Lars, but is not as technically precise, nor does he have his experience. I mean who does? Lars seems to have been doing this when I was a toddler. MMLP I feel with some more mental training from his friend/ mentor can reach a place where he continually churns out genuine gems.

JESODIST: This is a long term e-friend of mine; we’ve known each for about 5-6 years now, maybe more. I cipher with him to this day, however his more of a battle MC, but not exactly either. His favorite emcee is Canibus, so he kind of synthesizes his craft along those lines. Will his style translate to topical, I don’t know. He does sometimes have trouble with wording things in a completely natural manner, since his native tongue is not English. His command of English is very good though, however topicals are a different breed, so I hope his skills will translate well to the arena, but most likely he will be bested this round by someone more used to the topical format.. But, if he keeps competing I think he will find his niche and develop into an incredible topicalist, but he must change the way he writes verses for that to happen. This is not a battle in the traditional sense.

asylum: This man named after a mental institution wrote ironically not too long ago a piece about transcending that was stellar in its imagery. Adonis was quite taken by it and I liked it quite a bit as well. It was short and well put together. Last time I really saw him was when he and I battled and it was a close match, something along the lines of a Ukrainian revolutionary topic. I almost met my demise, for the week, to his hand. So, I myself do not take him lightly. Although, at times it does seem he writes relatively quick and the product ends up being less thought-provoking. Motivation and a longer crafting time with more planning will help lift him up to the topical heavens, where different writers live on different nebulous nimbuses.

Rakontur- This enigmatic figure is one that operates at realms that vary. Sometimes, he comes with verses that are on the weaker side, but sometimes he comes with something majestic, with imagery galore that will knock your socks off. One of the most poetic here I find, besides Innovator. Although, he is much more refined, probably because he has done this for a really long time it seems. I don't want to say a lot, so as not to expose his identity, he got mad at me once for saying it, lol. My bad, I'm too oblivious at times. I enjoy reading him, but one cannot read him and expect most of the time for his writing to just clarify itself for you. He writes very minimalistic, in a sense, with good flow that accompanies those brief lines, but with those short lines he does forsake at times clarity. But, if you sit and slowly unravel it, it will open itself up to you and you will get a glimpse at his trained hand crafting.

UnbornGod or Buddhacomplex (me): As for me, I cannot speak on my abilities, but I will say I have become a much better writer competing here and just continually learning from others, paying attention. But, I can speak on what I am trying to do as of late. I am trying to transcend the limitations of mine by continually trying to write from a different perspective every time, coming into the process with no mind. Then, let the words flow while taking shelter in a different haven every time. In general, I am a person who’s of the intellectual tribe, I suppose, but I really am trying to write from a state that is not pretentious. I don’t think that serves me or anyone for that matter. I try to continually empty my mind and heart, as well as continually devouring volume after volume, scroll after scroll, dissecting and pondering the literary treasures and classical texts.

UnbornBuddha
10-12-2015, 12:28 AM
Interviews (Spoken interviewed by Adonis)
Spoken - Give me your most glorious, over the top introduction. I'm saying, who are you, but let's not be polite.

Dbdidofnr woowsbdbfifkrnr ekdofngkeorjfbd ejrofofke lwpdgnf eenoeodnf by nroekenefloogernaggonpooperstoppinghippiedroppingm othefuckmesodewaydeepinsidemyfuckingpocketmynameis ....

I'll be real as well, I have zero clues to who the fuck you are but noticed your battle record is pretty damn meaty. I assume you are more of a traditional battle forum representative?

Name is Mr.Write aka storyteller. Ive had my fair share of Awol and Netcees writers league matches. Took out quite a few peepa ill refrain from spilling embarrassment! !!! So hello peeps im back! I did also the NBL and the 1-2 as well.... was iight but im adapting still. Ya kno...

What is the most advantagious thing in crossing over? (if you are battle, crossing to topical, or, if you are topical, crossing to battling?)

Back and forth honestly is wording. Get a feel for stunting a little bit for the thw battler to tooical cus u got this stride that advocates a content. Also a topical to battler condones better intellect and provides somewhat of a more broaden take or approach to a punch.. sometimes it kills us but most times it settles in with the fatality.

Fuck one, Marry one, Kill one

Rosie Odone'l

Id marry, if u need a reason then u must be nuts!!!

Sandra Bernhard

Marry so I cud fucking own the gratuities of insurance purposes!

Marrylin Manson

Ummmmm really?!...KILLLLLLLLLL

Go...

I don't know how much you know of the AOWL, but regardless, who are your top two selections in champing this thing and why?

My top 2 hmm.... tough shit... each writer is up and down honestly but at the end of the day my choice is on my own sole opinion of preferance towards how the writer fairs in all aspects of the field... with that being said I love to rwad pieces from frank and lars. Second hand tho closely I got Mr. J and Nigma

If spoken could speak about eating topicalists in his sleep, who is dreamt of first? WHY?

Honestly first victim should have been eTh real shit lol. (U still fam tho) my take wasnt no typical war shit it was the aspect of a ptsd veteran and the actual fact people face when families of the military are deep in.. common problem never really exposed but to each his own... I kno most people are used to me doing my usual storytelling but I got another style I working with to develop in top notch form!!!!! Watcha!!!!!!!!!

Battling or Topical, who do you consider the purest, rawest uncut level of talent over the years?

Deadman and Soulstice point blank... certain and u adonis as well but when I read from those two its like another planet... also oats. They just cultivate one to be in their shoes and its so indepth and gneooszbxokeow ssh bffindkdksnissn awesom!!!!

What do you consider more difficult. Constructing that one perfectly timed punch that has no fat on it, or writing a verse every week to a topic provided and still being able to climb the ranks?

Timed punch cause there are so many options that leave u dumbfounded and also typical on the take that its harder than writing a topical. Reason being is cause a topical.. u always catch ur groove sooner or later than u can always find ur way around writers block to make it more poignant and delved into the writing rather as a battle punch is just sometimes like a... ahhh fuck it put this with this type shit...

Thanks bruhv. Anything would like to add on some real talk other than complimenting my looks, or what you would imagine? Cuz that shit is saucy as fuck, lets be real.

Honedtly that deserved a veritas approach but im on mobile so.... I guess I just have to say.. show the fuck up stop the long fucking reads and lets get to fucking real work. We got serious competitors lets get the upper echelon and revive the writers of the lime.

Adios esta Gu'pa
Si yu'us ma' asi

(NYCSPITZ) interviewed by Unborn
Great to have you on board! These are the questions. Be honest, don't hold back for my sake or anyone, since you stated you hold back when voting, why is that by the way? A question before the questions, hahaha.

Because humans are primarily motivated by self-interest, greed, and fear. the vast majority of the population is filled by a laughably toxic rage whenever anybody points out their shortcomings, because they are so invested in themselves, irrespective of whether or not they feel like losers or champions. You can't de-program millions of years of evolution. Human nature has been constant throughot 6,000 years of recorded history, so that's not going to stop any time soon. I hold back dissing people because I sense that most people here are too weak to handle it, and being on boards since the early 2000's I see a juvenille pattern emerge - When you vote against people bluntly, they 80+% of the time do a spite vote against you. Can't remember the amount of times I won 7-1 or 5-1 with the one vote coming from a spiteful moron.

1. You've won the alias tournament and you went face to face with the legendary Deadman last season, you have quite a resume. Do you think you still have ways to improve as a writer and if so in what direction? (I've noticed you mention in getting A's on academic papers, as an academic, myself, I can tell you that there are other factors at play besides academia, what do you think?)

I think everybody can improve even Homer, Cicero, F. Scott Fitzgerald and Faulkner. Writing is an art and art is inherently imperfect but that's kind of the beauty of it. I think college is bullshit especially when it comes to writing classes because you have loser adjuncts (at least where I went) teaching, and they automatically assume they're smarter than the students and that all their thoughts are pure gold. Good writing almost precludes the presence of a degree. Look at Ray BradBury and Hemingway.

2. Why do you think you lost to Deadman, besides his talent, since you said you've bested him in the past. What could you have done different? Are you aiming for the championship?

I lost because more people voted for him, so they were obviously feeling his dope genius abstractions more than my samurai saga at the time. I could have taken a different approach and won but even though I'm 3-1 against him maybe he just had that battle won. Maybe it would've taken me one more verse to win, maybe I would've had to write 10 to find my flow and beat him. Who knows? I'm not aiming for the chip here because honestly this is the worst most diluted AOWL I've seen and I've barely been able to gather the motivation to write the keystyles I've posted so far. Winning this season would be shameful IMO. I don't see black, oats, soulstice, pent up, pinot grij, vulgar, lars, witty or anybody that's a heavyweight posting right now, except for Frank and I if we tried. Nigma is almost there but I'm skeptical about everyone else unless they've been holding back.

3. This following question was inspired from some of your comments, since you have quite a past in netcees and beforehand. Comparatively what is the state of this league to you? Many veterans have complained of "lesser talent", what is your viewpoint? (Consider that in life, things change continually, so why are veterans so hostile to newcomers? Is it self-entitlement or is there really a different factor in this topical terrain)

There's always that element of defensiveness which stems from insecurity. People are comfortable voting with and for their peers for an extended time frame, so they continue to vote for their peers even when their peers handedly lose. This is just another pattern of rap boards that's been around since the 90's and will never change. Dudes are pussies and they're afraid of hurting their online friends feelings. My utmost respect goes to the independent thinkers like deadman and vulgar who actually can spot good writing every time and vote accordingly. I already answered the first part of your question in the previous post. The talent right now is abysmal and that's why I'm signing out.

4. What does NYCSPITZ represent in netcees? And what kind of writing standards do you have for yourself, what you do you aspire when you are synthesizing your verse. What feelings do you conjure, if any. Do you need to go to a substance to create, to an emotion by thinking of a person, etc?

I create via stream of consciousness, typically sober or if I want to focus and write something great I will probably utilize caffeine. The feelings I conjure in myself are innumerable and span the spectrum of human emotion like any good artist. My standards for myself rise with the competition and thus why I've been writing loose keys so far; the competition is horrible this season. NYCSPITZ represents the burgeoning talent of the soul. Starting from square one and rising up in art, in life, in anything. He represents a deep animosity toward hypocrisy and bureacracy and cowardice. He represents freedom.

5. Who's your favorite writers so far in the league and why (If any)? Also, what type of writing are you inclined to stylistically like, who influenced you?

I think black and frank influenced me a bit, a bit of vulgar and oats maybe, soulstice, pinot, pent up, lars, basically all the best writers that I admire. My favorite writer in the league right now is frank because eveybody else is doo-doo and their egos (as well as their skills) are made of tin foil.

6. Why do you keep coming to netcees to compete, What do you think of the state of AOWL and its standing over the years, its prestige?

I came most recently because I got suspended from my job. I've just been selling shit on ebay and I think I can replace my job income that way but that's another topic entirely. Now that I'm going to be back on the squad, I'm gonna say fuck the league, because even when I had all the time in the world I couldn't find the motivation. Competition motivates me, intelligent discourse motivates me, and honestly all I see is morons and wack nerds at the moment. The prestige of the league is at an all time low.

7. Some people consider me a bibliophile, a book lover, some say a fanatic. Anyways, I have an extensive library, I've noticed you said that you like reading. What sections of literature do you like to read, Eastern or western philosophy, cognitive therapies which you seem to be interested in with the mention of superego and the child inside us. How essential do you believe is reading for writing proficiency? What do you like learning, is it important in life? Or is it more important to know less, but not in an ignorant way, but letting go of too much knowledge?

That is a long ass question and I'm not going to answer it comprehensively. It is important to have a balanced library filled with history, economics, novels, biographies, autobiographies, short stories, self-help books, spirituality books, books on culture, books on sophistication, books on learning the art of influence and power, the greek/roman/chinese classics, everything. Most people don't read at all, they just google and memorize facts like the vapid morons they are and think they know shit, but lack any and all ability for mental processes and calculations. I am currently focused on sales based negotiations so that I can quickly increase my net worth. Learning is imporatant because humans are learning machines and most of them are just dusty, rusted and humming zombies now. The indolence caused by relative prosperity and technological advances have fucked over countless empires in the past just look at what hitler did with a "civilized" society making use of newly minted mass media tools such as the newspaper and radio. Nobody thought it could happen but it did. History repeats itself and that's not a cliche, there is a precedent for everything and technology, wormhole travel, alien interventions and all that shit won't change human nature at all - we are still rapacious, cunning, lying motherfuckers who will stop at nothing to protect our own self-interests and sense of power. You can't just be rosy eyed with a panglossian view of the world (candide) but you can't be a total pessimist either. The world is a balance of opposite values, opposite forces and people need to understand that. As far as being well-read, it's important to read as much as possible but only if you know how to read. You have to process all the information, mark and underline your books, write down new ideas, and think about key concepts you just read (writing them down is best) in order to solidify them in your mind. In the digital age we have literally unlimited access to all the tools needed to do anything you want - learn a language, learn the art of persuasion, learn how to knit. The impetus is on the indivdual to be disciplined and his his thing when it comes to the learning department. Most people stop reading when they finish school and that's why they're 40 year old losers with illegitimate children, living in studio,s working for your local utility company, drinking forties and eating pizza every night.

8. Are you Aero?

What do you think?

9. How is the Hip Hop scene in NY nowadays and how has it influence you? Do you take part in it?

I go to open mics every now and then, and I record in the studio sporadically but right now I'm too focused on making enough money to achieve financial freedom so that I can live where I want and spend my time how I want to. The hip hop scene is cool though, The open mics are still live throughout the lower east side and brooklyn...I just saw a huge cypher the other day at union square with like 100+ people on a friday night. I've done a couple of large open mics at relatively live and upscale venues and it's definitely a great experience to perform with like-minded peers and doing your thing on the stage stretches your comfort zone like no other. I'm amazed that people do shows at 50,000 people events, energy there must be crazy. But yea, I take part in it but not as much as I want to. Your post might give me the impetus to dip into it a bit more here, there's definitely great artists and fly honies everywhere in the hip hop scene tho, just like always.

10. Any last words you might have? Feel free to say anything you wish, no censorship here.

Black, Oats, Pent, soulstice, pinot, vulgar, pent up, lars, etc. Where art thou? There are about 15 elite topicalists that have posted here within the last year and they're almost all extinct now as far as activity. Shit just makes me not want to log in at all. But yo, thanks to everyone for participating in the league, hope you all enjoy and elevate into topical hall of famers.

3nd Interview- YDK interviewed by Unborn
You've made it to the championship match in season three before I arrived on the scene in 4, so comparatively what is the state of the league to you? Many veterans have complained of "lesser talent", what is your viewpoint? (Consider that in life, things change continually, so why are veterans so hostile to newcomers? Is it self-entitlement or is there really a different factor in this topical terrain)

Well the talent is still here but the big names some of us have become accustomed to seeing; and seeing win, aren't. Personally deadman is the biggest missing member because I've competed in leagues with him for years on here and other sites also. Most people seem to not believe a league can be as strong talentwise without those members they perceive as the top writers being active. It's all about perception and to me this has been a great season with a few surprising newcomers. It's been fun

2. What does YDK represent in netcees? And what kind of writing standards do you have for yourself, what you do you aspire when you are synthesizing your verse. What feelings do you conjure, if any. Do you need to go to a substance to create, to an emotion by thinking of a person, etc?

I think, and hope slightly, that ydk represents the emotion people seem to be afraid of. It sounds corny and cliché as all hell but I remember listening to Eminem in highschool and the line "this is for the kids that don't have a thing" and that one line made me realize the effect a person can have on others with simple words that they can relate to. You can ask ETH, I've always been going through something most consider depressing as hell, but I've learned to handle it so it makes it easy for me to convey those deep emotions that some may not be use to seeing/feeling. I strive to connect with everybody win or lose and I hope with my second book I can really find my niche to help as many people as possible connect with themselves and not feel guilty or alone while doing so.

3. Who's your favorite writers so far in the league and why? Also, what type of writing are you inclined to stylistically like, who influenced you?

My favorite writers vary each week but ETH had been my comrade forever, you and nigma both have this deep understanding of the language, and Frank is able to spin a story better than most so you all really are my favorites to read. I try not to get my style from anybody in particular but alot of times I will try to beat people at their own strengths which doesn't have the best end result, but its challenging and fun. I've always tried to have a flow as smooth as deadman's while holding a story like Frank, but the writer I learned everything from was Word.Smyth years ago on hha. He's my biggest influence and the one who taught me how to use emotion to capture the audience.
4. Did I read correctly that you wrote a book? Care to tell us more about your creation? Its themes and what inspired you to write it? Feel free to include the name of the book and ways to purchase it, if you wish to do so.

Yes I thought it was common knowledge that I published one lol its a simple poetry book titled unsure, I published it almost 5 years to this day actually. Sold on Barnes and Noble.com borders, amazon etc. I titled it unsure because at that point in my life my mother had just passed away after fighting cancer for years, I had recently graduated highschool, and was just generally unsure about my life. Death is a constant theme throughout the book because I find it more relatable to people, but its more of mash up of alot of poems I had written over the years more than a specific genre.

5. Why do you keep coming to the AOWL? Basing off your experience you must be familiar with other sites, what makes AOWL so special in your opinion?

The consistency. It's always active, always full of talent, and has writers from multiple boards all here, so its nice to compete against everybody at once instead of at each individual site. Even at its "lowest" points the league still has a higher writing iq than any other site I've seen other than maybe hha in its prime. This is home to me now.

6. Since you are a published author care to share any tips on how to go about the publishing process? And what other authors of the past and present do you like?

As for tips I honestly can't give many that are useful other than be patient. It takes a lot of time finding a reliable company that you are willing to work with, and then the contract negotiations, editing, book design, its all a big headache if you don't have a personal editor or somebody to just look over things with you. I got lucky being published multiple times ever since 4th grade and then winning contests online like poetry.com and getting free offers to get my work published, so I just figured I could publish my own instead of only being featured. It probably sounds horrible coming from me but I don't really have any favorite author. I read alot of piers Anthony books in my youth but really that's about it.

7. And any last words you care to say (feel free to say anything you wish)?

I just wanna give props to this entire league. Everybody has been great and alot less bitching than past seasons lol I've loved the newer members as well, its been quite a shocking season thus far and I hope the trend continues
Thanks for the questions godcomplex, you really are the best

Nigma inteview by Unborn
1. I scouted and saw that you did amazingly well in the Winter topical match that lars went on to champ, and by the looks of it had quite high competition. Thus, comparatively what is the state of this league to you? Many veterans have complained of "lesser talent", what is your viewpoint? (Consider that in life, things change continually, so why are veterans so hostile to newcomers? Is it self-entitlement or is there really a different factor in this topical terrain)

Ah yes, the Winter Topical. I remember it fondly. Winter’s a happy time in Canada. With the extra snow I’m able to add a second floor to my igloo and the extra space really puts me in a good place in my mind. That was a pretty incredible tournament in terms of not only the top tier participation, but also participation in general. That’s the main factor. A league infused with the benevolent rays of participation a true built league. And you build a true built league, the people will come. I would agree that the talent base isn’t quite where it was a few years ago, but that isn’t a bad thing. That’s like saying the Celtics aren’t as good now as they were in the 60’s. Although they had golden years, they are still currently at a level you would expect out of a team. Things come in waves, and this league is on the up push. We’re already seeing the likes of some monster writers making a return. Spoken and EtD both jump to mind instantly. They both possess the aptitude to drop a monster verse at any time, and that is the real difference about where this league is now, and where it was back in those days. Currently, there are a handful of writers I feel comfortable that’d I’d be more often than not, but back then each week was like as unpredictable as a UFC fight because anyone could drop a jewel. One step at a time!

2. I heard that you are multiple leagues at once? 2 or 3 or so. What propels you to write so much, is it just for fun, for the love of it, or some deeper underlying substructure such as an ideal. And juggling so many tournaments how do you about crafting so much material for all the leagues you're in? And still keep it high quality? (By the way you have my favorite verse this season, the Edgar Allen poe one. Tell us how you do it.

I wasn’t really writing much at all for awhile, the only site I was half ass active on was LA which is always in a fairly dormant state. I’ve been writing for over a decade now and in the past while I had adopted a long, drawn out writing process that I wanted to overhaul. I made this decision while I was in the first round of a tournament on LA when I saw a keystyle based tournament being hosted on RB so I decided to challenge myself. Got myself into a pace of jotting down lines and brainstorming concepts at work and was able to keep up with that workload. Ended up winning that tournament on RB and joined another one that followed the same format at the same time I joined this league. They keystyle ones are tiresome as it equates to a verse a day, so doing two back to back wasn’t a great idea especially with another tournament AND a league on the go. The hardest part is getting the votes in tbh. As far as how I do it? There is no way walk you down the 10+ year path I’ve been on developing the way I write. Everyone’s journey is different. Appreciate the

3. What does Nigma represent in netcees? And what kind of writing standards do you have for yourself, what you do you aspire when you are synthesizing your verse. What feelings do you conjure, if any. Do you need to go to a substance to create, to an emotion by thinking of a person, etc?

On Netcees, I’m just me. I don’t pretend to be anything I’m not, don’t go out of my way to brag or attempt to alter peoples perceptions of me, I just go about my business haha. I feel that in a site full of forced (albeit sometimes entertaining) personas, it’s really had me live up to the mystique behind my alias. I have very high writing standards for myself. I feel I have an in depth understanding of what makes a verse resonate with a reader, and when I do not reach that level with any sort of magnitude it bothers me. Feelings conjured for a verse is obviously dependent on the subject matter but aiming to have the plot drift through emotional areas that have happened to me or that I can relate to is crucial, because if I don’t feel the emotion while writing it, chances are the reader isn’t going to feel it either. As far as substances, I am definitely capable of writing sober however I smoke a lot of weed so when I’m physically writing the verse and melding my concepts together I’m usually benefiting from the abundance of creativity that comes with the cannabinoids. I do, however, jot down one-liners at work on a sober brain, and those are the ones that usually stand out the most to the reader.

4. Who's your favorite writers so far in the league and why? Also, what type of writing are you inclined to stylistically like, who influenced you?

Tough question here. Theres a lot of writers that have the potential to make a deep dive into the playoffs and there are seemingly more showing up every week. I have a very tough matchup this week against the undefeated EcB who is definitely a contender, I’ve really enjoyed reading his work. Frank is always a competitor, Spoken is well respected writer who can drop bombs, if Witty remains active he can easily make an impact, and I mean the list can go on and on. As far as stylistic preferences, I consider myself an extremely diverse writer who has taken bits and pieces of unspoken advice from everyone over the years, not just one person. Knowledge can be found anywhere if you look hard enough.

5. Why do you keep coming to netcees to compete, especially since you're active in other leagues. What do you think of the state of AOWL and its standing over the years, its prestige?

Netcees has made it’s mark and has a community willing to put in the work needed for a successful league. I must say, I’ve been in a few different leagues throughout the years but the way Lars is running this is incredible. Topics, mags, throwing votes when needed, hes doing it all and really deserves props for what he’s doing and continues to do. People are recognizing it and the growth these past few weeks is evident. Like the president himself said, this might be an attendance record this week which is awesome. I mentioned earlier that the talent base isn’t quite where it was a few years ago however it’s improving each day. This is clearly a very good time for topical writers.

5. What is with your avy? Do you look like that character? Lol, if so you are probably popular with the ladies right?

Lol no, that's a picture of my doctor, Steven Brule. Unfortunately I don't look too much like him so I have to rely on other strengths to pick up the ladies. He makes a few seasons of health advice on the internet and I encourage everyone to check it out! http://www.adultswim.com/videos/chec...r-steve-brule/

6. Any last words you might have? Feel free to say anything you wish, no censorship here, well maybe a little, please don't tell us if you killed anyone

Umm well how about some fun facts about Nigma? I’ve had over 10 concussions in my life and don’t really have much of a memory. If I have a couple drinks I literally won’t remember the night. I woke up this morning with a massive hickey and have no idea what the chick looks like, but she been texting me and is probably gonna come over here pretty soon which is pretty scary. Big shouts out to you for putting this mag together, these were some thought provoking questions and it was fun to recollect. I need to clean up with house from the crazy as fuck after party. I’ve been informed we all came back here drunk as fuck and rolling, decided it would be a great idea to make some mushroom tea at 4am and, yeah. Thanks for reading motherfuckers and a happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian homies.

UnbornBuddha
10-12-2015, 12:28 AM
Funny things that happened this week:
Frank pulling a Frank at both here and at the poetry league, and he pulled his verse, for shame. Tsk tsk. I still hope he participates, I like reading Frank.
NYC’s retaliate vote on Sovereign.
Sovereign commenting on NYC’s vote. * Note to Sovereign, do not respond back to a vote here, if you think it is a hate vote take it up with the mods, but don’t try to counter every point, while votes are in the process.
Mr. J trolling on ETH battle. The word limit is 650 words, I’m sure you're well aware of the spectrum that the conjunction “or” encompasses.
Battles taking forever to close.
Zygote appearing out of the blue and disappearing just as fast, his like a legendary pokemon.
Also, my friend Jesodist also makes an auspicious appearance. All after mercury retrogade, just kidding I don't believe in astrological hogwash. But, will acknowledge during that period I missed a very important flight due to some strange circumstances. Oh well, if mercury retrogade does exist phenomenologically, well then curse you, you stars and planets, except Earth, oh and Saturn!
Me writing this mag!

Outro: Well, that’s it I guess, I won’t be able to do this again, maybe I’ll help somewhat this week’s mag coming up, but I won’t be able to anymore after that. Hoped you enjoy it and have a serene, harmonious, and blissful day. Let’s make this week another one to remember. Also, if your so kind be sure to vote on the poetry league, everyone, but if you absolutely have to pick Vulgar and I have a match that I like to see be given some literary analysis from others.

天地之間其猶橐籥乎虛而不屈動而愈出
'Is the space between heaven and earth not unlike a bellows?
Empty, yet unyielding, it stirs and healing emerges

UnbornBuddha
10-12-2015, 12:39 AM
Spoken's interview was supposed to have pictures that I couldn't embed oh well. I will relax now.

Also, I fully understand if you don't read it all, I won't get offended, read what you want my fellow friends.

Razah
10-12-2015, 01:30 AM
Awww Budda, why would you think I didn't like you?!?

:(

Anyways, cool shit. It's been pretty dope seeing other perspectives from different people as opposed to the same person or couple of people doing the mags week after week. Now, if only the league ran like clock work..

Also, am I the only one who searches for his name just to read about himself?? Lol.

Mr. J
10-12-2015, 01:37 AM
Dope mag brah...I enjoyed this and thought you did a great job

also I just got bored with him, thats why I posted more OMs ;)

Nigma
10-12-2015, 02:01 AM
The writer breakdown was amazing. Very strong mag, much respect

UnbornBuddha
10-12-2015, 02:02 AM
Awww Budda, why would you think I didn't like you?!?

:(

Anyways, cool shit. It's been pretty dope seeing other perspectives from different people as opposed to the same person or couple of people doing the mags week after week. Now, if only the league ran like clock work..

Also, am I the only one who searches for his name just to read about himself?? Lol.

I thought there was a vibe, sorry I misread it, lol.

AND WHERE IS OUR CHAMP ACCOMPLISHMENT!

Mr. J
10-12-2015, 02:19 AM
AND WHERE IS OUR CHAMP ACCOMPLISHMENT!

that's where the name comes from

Spoken
10-12-2015, 02:46 AM
This was a freaking detailed mag which as writers we always love. Also its supposed to be sandra id fuck

JESODIST
10-12-2015, 04:41 AM
YOU KNOW ME WELL... CHILDREN GUILD/ UNBORN BUDDHA/ GOD COMPLEX

e11even
10-12-2015, 04:44 AM
Very, very good mag. Salute. I could never do what you mag-writing types do.

YDK
10-12-2015, 06:01 AM
This is the best mag I've read in quite a while
Huge props you guys
Ive read everything but the interviews so far because...it's 6am and I'm only up with cause I had to lay my daughter back to bed lol

Thanks for all involved

Flow
10-12-2015, 07:21 AM
Top mag nice effort

Witty
10-12-2015, 07:28 AM
Great job dude, big big props, loved the read.

I hope to stick around for a while and show those who have only known me during my period of sporadic activity what I can really achieve in a run of battles.

sral
10-12-2015, 07:29 AM
Flo Real me and MMLP will DEF be in Birmz the Saturday (31st) if you wanna meet up/grab a beer

its my birthday that day

we'll most likely be in the Weatherspoons on broad street first port of call but if you inbox me your number, i'll drop you a text or call on the day and tell you where we are

first ever NC treble member meet!

sral
10-12-2015, 07:32 AM
this mag is INSANE given all the battle bio breakdowns and interviews!

huge shouts to nigma too for his recognition of the effort that we've put in so far

i couldnt have done it without Adonis and the league members whove pitched in so far

big up those guys too Dearg 2tripple0 Godcomplex!

Dearg
10-12-2015, 07:33 AM
Word. Dope...long...mag.

I skimmed through looking for my name. ;)

dead man
10-12-2015, 07:41 AM
Really, really well done

sral
10-12-2015, 07:49 AM
Word. Dope...long...mag.

I skimmed through looking for my name. ;)

press CTRL+F
type what you want to search
????
PROFIT!!!!

YDK
10-12-2015, 10:51 AM
Flo Real me and MMLP will DEF be in Birmz the Saturday (31st) if you wanna meet up/grab a beer

its my birthday that day

we'll most likely be in the Weatherspoons on broad street first port of call but if you inbox me your number, i'll drop you a text or call on the day and tell you where we are

I wanna meet up wit somebody, come to the US so that can happen

EtH
10-12-2015, 11:03 AM
Awesome read. A lot of solid work put in here.

Completely agree on assessments of me as well. If I was asked to put all my best work together, I probably wouldn't put my verses so far in. Maybe it's a little bit of ring rust but people can like the flow, the rhyming, the topic, the wording, but something is holding me back from crossing over to the next stage. It's a difficult compromise since I want to cross over while keeping it simple. Im gonna have to find that balance, and what better that to find it in the championship match? Haha.

Good to see Word.Smyth's name in a 2015 mag. Beating him on HHA in 2008 is probably the reason I do topicals now.

sral
10-12-2015, 11:09 AM

lmao if i ever fly out, i'll let you all know

quite a few here would wanna throw hands i'd imagine

i'm the bar fight champ for a reason

EtH
10-12-2015, 11:30 AM

STFU sraL would be getting 50 punches on the chin and be like " I know you're hitting me bro so I have no love for you, well that's not true I've got a little love since you showed up and threw hands but still no love. Okay love".

puravida
10-12-2015, 11:55 AM
Amazing mag. Good job GC

NYCSPITZ
10-12-2015, 12:22 PM
great interview by nyc

YDK
10-12-2015, 12:33 PM
Awesome read. A lot of solid work put in here.

Completely agree on assessments of me as well. If I was asked to put all my best work together, I probably wouldn't put my verses so far in. Maybe it's a little bit of ring rust but people can like the flow, the rhyming, the topic, the wording, but something is holding me back from crossing over to the next stage. It's a difficult compromise since I want to cross over while keeping it simple. Im gonna have to find that balance, and what better that to find it in the championship match? Haha.

Good to see Word.Smyth's name in a 2015 mag. Beating him on HHA in 2008 is probably the reason I do topicals now.

For sure man took me 2 years to get on his level lol taught me everything, and I ended up beating him with a verse about spaghetti O's lol

YDK
10-12-2015, 12:38 PM
I gave word.Smyth a shout on Facebook hopefuy he's not too busy to stop by for a few

Flow
10-12-2015, 01:52 PM

its my birthday that day

Will try and get it off

YDK
10-12-2015, 02:24 PM

Tbh if you came to a bar around me nobody would fuck with you..unless your just bein an asshole of course lol most people would be like me an jus wanna know shit about Europe
An the hoes would love your accent I bet

2tripple0
10-12-2015, 03:02 PM
lol im from America but i live in north east England right now....... been here the last six/seven years lol but still got my American accent

YDK
10-12-2015, 05:38 PM
How did you move to England if you don't mind me asking?

I want to move to another country but don't have even the slightest bit of financial ability to do so with my wife an kids also

Dearg
10-12-2015, 06:25 PM
I wanna move to Ireland so I can hangout with Eth and Witty.

EtH
10-12-2015, 07:05 PM
I'm not a very good person.

Adonis
10-12-2015, 07:38 PM

I go to Columbus Indiana every few years bro. I'm due a trip here soon honestly.

Look up how many hours that is from you

Adonis
10-12-2015, 07:41 PM
I go to Columbus Indiana every few years bro. I'm due a trip here soon honestly.

Look up how many hours that is from you

I just met up with asylum this past week, we chilled out and drank some brew and a look whiskey and smoke. Was too high to freestyle with that beast for a minute until he kicked my ass in gear asylum got skill, I can recall 4 times that I didn't jump in cause dude was rippin it

YDK
10-12-2015, 07:41 PM
It looks to be about 1.5 to 2 hours Adonis

I live in Covington ky/Taylor mill

Witty
10-12-2015, 08:13 PM
I can freestyle like a beast.

I honestly can.

UnbornBuddha
10-12-2015, 08:43 PM
I would love to freestyle with some of you guys. Oh wait we can, we can do a skype cypher, if any of you are interested, I've done it before and it's always super fun!

UnbornBuddha
10-12-2015, 08:45 PM
Also if any of you are in Chicago at one point, let me know, I'll buy you a drink! I don't really drink much myself, but do so in special occasion.

Witty
10-12-2015, 09:01 PM
Also if any of you are in Chicago at one point, let me know, I'll buy you a drink! I don't really drink much myself, but do so in special occasion.

This week I am venturing way out of my comfort zone and doing something completely different....just for you, because you were right...I get by easily using methods I have tried and tested over the years, I don't push myself anymore and maybe that's why I no show, I don't get the same feeling of excitement I used to get when writing a topical verse.

puravida
10-12-2015, 09:50 PM
this mag is INSANE given all the battle bio breakdowns and interviews!

huge shouts to nigma too for his recognition of the effort that we've put in so far

i couldnt have done it without Adonis and the league members whove pitched in so far

big up those guys too Dearg 2tripple0 Godcomplex!

This.

puravida
10-12-2015, 09:51 PM

There's a costa rican restaurant that is in East Side Chi. Irazu. Good stuff.

Adonis
10-12-2015, 10:49 PM
Anjahl @paytience Three-Planes-Aligned

I miss reading your shit, come destroy me for a week so I can look like a fool

NYCSPITZ
10-12-2015, 11:32 PM
I wanna see Godcomplex and dead man link up and create a banger in the studio or bang out an open mic on the windy slopes of lake MICHIGAN...

Razah
10-13-2015, 01:58 AM

I'm in Chicago all the time. I never say no to a free drink.

Razah
10-13-2015, 02:01 AM
I wanna see Godcomplex and dead man link up and create a banger in the studio or bang out an open mic on the windy slopes of lake MICHIGAN...

Deadman's in Chicago too?

Ya'll be rapping? I got a studio around my neighborhood.

It's in Superior Street Studios

UnbornBuddha
10-13-2015, 02:09 AM
This week I am venturing way out of my comfort zone and doing something completely different....just for you, because you were right...I get by easily using methods I have tried and tested over the years, I don't push myself anymore and maybe that's why I no show, I don't get the same feeling of excitement I used to get when writing a topical verse.

I'm humbled to see that my simple words were a catalyst for you to get back on the horse, so to speak. I look forward to reading your verse!
I think that feeling of non-excitement is a feeling that comes up for all of us doing anything repetitively over and over, and I believe it must be overcome because to rely on just ecstasy or joy can be a detriment if one loses their will to do what they've honed. Albeit, it's nice to enjoy what one is doing!

UnbornBuddha
10-13-2015, 02:14 AM

ha ha, I feel deadman is a private individual, I am too, so he might want to keep the veil on his identity, which is understandable.

But, it will be nice to compose something with him, honestly though, I doubt it will come into fruition.

UnbornBuddha
10-13-2015, 02:20 AM
I'm in Chicago all the time. I never say no to a free drink.

Lovely! I forgot to state that at this point in time I live somewhere else, but in a year or so I will be back. Chicago is my hometown, I love it and miss it dearly. I lived by Midway on the Southside.

But, I will be back in town this December for a few weeks, I will buy you a drink or two then, but you must also agree to a cypher!

And no I don't emcee with Deadman. NYC suggested we should due to living in the same location, although as you know Chicago is a huge city, particularly if one lives in the Southside versus the Northside, it is easy to never venture into the other world, except for special occasions and outings.

Razah
10-13-2015, 02:36 AM
True. I stay on the Northside, in West Town.

dead man
10-13-2015, 07:20 AM
staying in uptown for the moment. right by the aragon.

but i lived the better part of my life off 38th and ashland.

and no i don't really want to meet any of you. except maybe NYC. nothing personal

sral
10-13-2015, 07:30 AM
lol im from America but i live in north east England right now....... been here the last six/seven years lol but still got my American accent

hahahaha where you from?

sral
10-13-2015, 07:35 AM
if/when ANY of us meet a cypher/freestyle or video is needed of the meetup

if MMLP is drunk enough, he'll freestyle

i'll def do it though im not sure you'll understand a word in my accent

i'll try get Flo Real too if he's down!

MMLP
10-13-2015, 07:39 AM
LOL very drunk that is!

2tripple0
10-13-2015, 07:39 AM
Wat up I'm rep ping da bay state cinch me mayo...Once again tablets<<<lap tops<<<computers

2tripple0
10-13-2015, 07:42 AM
Lol I'm from Boston don't know the last minute been strange being. American in England or Britain in general... where u fr om I b barely understood the comp pa S's in England er britain?. Where u from?

sral
10-13-2015, 07:58 AM
me and MMLP are from Wolverhampton, in the Midlands, south west of you.

i think Flo is over in Birmingham?

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Birmingham,+West+Midlands,+UK/@52.486243,-1.890401,9z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x4870942d1b417173:0xca81fef0aeee7 998

2tripple0
10-13-2015, 08:05 AM
Lol I need a map

2tripple0
10-13-2015, 08:12 AM
Lol rewarding to have two dope brothers nearby

Witty
10-13-2015, 12:50 PM
staying in uptown for the moment. right by the aragon.

but i lived the better part of my life off 38th and ashland.

and no i don't really want to meet any of you. except maybe NYC. nothing personal

And me.

2tripple0
10-13-2015, 01:06 PM
u irish right witty? i knew a lot of irish americans when i lived in boston good friend of mine

Witty
10-13-2015, 01:14 PM
Cuh rekt.

EtH
10-13-2015, 01:35 PM
Didn't I already cover how Irish these Boston lads are? :D

Flow
10-13-2015, 04:57 PM
if/when ANY of us meet a cypher/freestyle or video is needed of the meetup

if MMLP is drunk enough, he'll freestyle

i'll def do it though im not sure you'll understand a word in my accent

i'll try get Flo Real too if he's down!

I hope i get that day off

sral
10-13-2015, 05:08 PM
DOOOOOO ITTTTTTT!!!

I plan to go as a gorilla ballerina.

It's not to be missed!

MMLP
10-13-2015, 05:49 PM
DOOOOOO ITTTTTTT!!!

I plan to go as a gorilla ballerina.

It's not to be missed!

LMFAO NEWS TO ME, WHAT AM I GOING AS?

sral
10-13-2015, 05:55 PM
You get yourself a costume!

fraze
10-13-2015, 08:01 PM
Nice mag. Props. Unfortunately I will be taking a hiatus from the text scene so I might not be around for a while but good luck to everyone here.

Razah
10-13-2015, 08:13 PM
Godcomplex

Extension? Im buzzing. Still drinking. Cubs won. Finna fet into some punani.

Holler

Frank
10-13-2015, 08:23 PM
Really, really well done

UnbornBuddha
10-13-2015, 11:53 PM
Godcomplex

Extension? Im buzzing. Still drinking. Cubs won. Finna fet into some punani.

Holler

Well, the rules do say no extension and I would prefer you get it in by today, since it will lengthen the voting process, hence making the matches of next week posted later, ultimately giving me less time to write when I actually do have time (the weekends).
But if the moderators allow it, then go ahead and take the extension. Although, I find the reasons you mentioned to be poor excuses, if I'm being honest. I don't really mean to be snarky, I'm usually very flexible, but writing the mag I did, while finishing my verse quickly and juggling the multitude things in my life made me appreciative of those that take the deadline serious, to me it shows you don't disregard your opponent while simultaneously exhibiting gratitude and respect of their time.

But, as I said take the extension, albeit, as a person that strives to be honest, I would prefer that you finish it today, even if its some hours after the deadline, I don't care about that, but a whole 24 hour is something I would like to avoid, if we could. If not, it's okay.

Mr. J
10-14-2015, 12:54 AM
Buddha is like the humble panda

Spoken
10-14-2015, 01:57 AM
Mr. J im at work bro and dont get off till a couple hours ill try and squeeze it in man... my verse in my comp man.... if not ill have to write a quick key sorry bro

Mr. J
10-14-2015, 02:09 AM
Spoken, tis all good man, you need the time use it, cant have a no show yknow

Spoken
10-14-2015, 03:47 AM
Did I miss the deadline already sraL Mr. J

sral
10-14-2015, 05:52 AM
You've got roughly an hour my time.

I'm not too big a stickler for rules though, i'd sooner see a match go down than a no show

Razah
10-14-2015, 08:03 AM
Well, the rules do say no extension and I would prefer you get it in by today, since it will lengthen the voting process, hence making the matches of next week posted later, ultimately giving me less time to write when I actually do have time (the weekends).
But if the moderators allow it, then go ahead and take the extension. Although, I find the reasons you mentioned to be poor excuses, if I'm being honest. I don't really mean to be snarky, I'm usually very flexible, but writing the mag I did, while finishing my verse quickly and juggling the multitude things in my life made me appreciative of those that take the deadline serious, to me it shows you don't disregard your opponent while simultaneously exhibiting gratitude and respect of their time.

But, as I said take the extension, albeit, as a person that strives to be honest, I would prefer that you finish it today, even if its some hours after the deadline, I don't care about that, but a whole 24 hour is something I would like to avoid, if we could. If not, it's okay.

You know what, i won't post. Take the no show win.

Lets see how punctual this week turns out.

sral
10-14-2015, 09:18 AM
PM me, Razah

Witty
10-14-2015, 09:34 AM
I didn't even remember what I wrote until I just checked it out.

Drugs are bad, kids.

sral
10-14-2015, 09:51 AM
Razah conceded.

I'm thinking of matching Godcomplex and Asylum up in a kind of Spotlight Match just so people can view/judge/feed their verses.

The loser wont get an L, both get wins.

It wont be competitive but at least both get shine and a battle.

Sound good, everyone?

Witty
10-14-2015, 09:59 AM
Sounds good.

sral
10-14-2015, 10:37 AM
AOWL SEASON 5 HALL OF CHAMPIONS UPDATED!

http://www.netcees.org/showthread.php?t=121349

sral
10-14-2015, 01:17 PM
I had this wrote ready for asylum, thought I might have to step in last minute, don't think I'll use it so may as well show you guys how strong my own game is even on short notice:

I wished upon a star today ignoring the fact
it's distance was so far away it had already passed.
What I saw would have happened centuries ago
so all that I'd actually wished on was a memory of old.
It's evident there's no point in making a wish
- especially as I don't know if it's stasis exists!
In the time it's taken, and distance, for the light to traverse
the star may have diminished without us realising on Earth.
While we observe the stars we perceive in the skies
all kinds of divergence could have materialised.
Keeping in mind that were looking back on the past
and what we're seeing is lightyears after the fact!
The chances of having any luck with a wish
vanish dramatically if the same star no longer exists.

Mr. J
10-14-2015, 02:38 PM
I wish I could write as fast as sraL

UnbornBuddha
10-14-2015, 02:53 PM
Lars does write super fast, and relatively strong entries, however someone said he has been doing this for 20 years! I was still in my infant/toddler stage at that point.

Witty
10-14-2015, 04:04 PM
I write super fast too...always under an hour, that may very well be due to sraL's influence over the years.

asylum
10-14-2015, 04:33 PM
damn lars, that was ill especially for a quick write.

and i appreciate the fresh spotlight matchup!! GL buddha.

will make it a point to cast significant votes on all matches this week.

CopyPat
10-15-2015, 12:33 AM
i thought it was due next tuesday peeps. my bad lol.. my first noshow. i feel like Fig now

sral
10-15-2015, 04:34 AM
Lars does write super fast, and relatively strong entries, however someone said he has been doing this for 20 years! I was still in my infant/toddler stage at that point.

lmao i'm only 29

aint no way i've done this 20 years

10+ and closer to 15, maybe

much respect to all you for the props!

i might go ahead and finish that verse up anyway

i kinda liked where it took me

sral
10-15-2015, 04:37 AM
i thought it was due next tuesday peeps. my bad lol.. my first noshow. i feel like Fig now

lmao no problem

i'll keep you signed in

i know you're genuine

NYCSPITZ
10-15-2015, 10:20 AM
dope key by the president

sral
10-15-2015, 10:35 AM
must spread rep before you give to nycspitz again

damnnnnnnnnnn

i've repped you recently and it did nothing

plus mine is at an all time high from modding the rmbva intersite battle shit

someone either hates you bad or you rep bar has been set to -395784389540

usually rep from me bumps ppl up significantly into the green

EtH
10-15-2015, 10:44 AM
My rep history is like...

1. Someone negging cause I said the Compton album sucked. It does. Majorly.
2. Someone repping me cause they don't feel the above is a valid reason.
3. Someone in the Week 10 chat who got annoyed when I said "Bunch of non signing up fag bags in here".
4. Two guys who apparently were digging Diode's pictures negging. Gay.
5. Someone also in Week 10 repping me for sayin relationships suck.
6. Lars throwing around his high rep weight :D

Mr. J
10-15-2015, 11:41 AM
I think I stared around the same time Lars did, interesting...
otherwise we are in the same age bracket brah...props

EtH
10-15-2015, 11:43 AM
So I was gonna go around and vote and shit....but then I started listening to music on Youtube. Sigala - Easy Love came on and long story short I've got 16 cans now.

timeless
10-15-2015, 11:50 AM
Voting today/tonight

Mr. J
10-15-2015, 01:14 PM
how about you vote now

Witty
10-15-2015, 01:59 PM
Dearg why did you neg me? lol not that it matters, by rep is too humongous.

timeless
10-15-2015, 02:05 PM
how about you vote now

Quit horsing around sir

sral
10-15-2015, 02:12 PM
lmao I had someone sneak neg me as well in this thread

pathetic

at least own up to you being bitchmade

Dearg
10-15-2015, 05:12 PM
Dearg why did you neg me? lol not that it matters, by rep is too humongous.

I don't know what you mean. If I did something, I did it unknowingly lol.

Witty
10-15-2015, 08:28 PM
Fair enough lol

NYCSPITZ
10-15-2015, 08:56 PM
must spread rep before you give to nycspitz again

damnnnnnnnnnn

i've repped you recently and it did nothing

plus mine is at an all time high from modding the rmbva intersite battle shit

someone either hates you bad or you rep bar has been set to -395784389540

usually rep from me bumps ppl up significantly into the green

^^^ is that bad?

the notoriety fuels me

Witty
10-15-2015, 09:05 PM

^^^ is that bad?

the notoriety fuels me

repped, also dead @ I'm nefarious.

Adonis
10-15-2015, 09:33 PM
whats my rep? how to do i find it although If I can guess I'd say -10000

NYCSPITZ
10-15-2015, 09:35 PM
repped, also dead @ I'm nefarious.

thanks bro, now I'm -36818575 point(s) total

means I only need one more strong repper to make me green. Let's get it done gentlemen fuel my narcissism...

Adonis
10-15-2015, 09:37 PM

means I only need one more strong repper to make me green. Let's get it done gentlemen fuel my narcissism...

answer me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my rep just says "Adonis"

Nevermind, says

NYCSPITZ
10-15-2015, 09:38 PM
j click user cp it's right there next to latest reputation received

YDK
10-15-2015, 09:39 PM
Repped a few

Adonis
10-15-2015, 09:41 PM
is there a point to this? or purpose? or purely vanity and popularity contest?

NYCSPITZ

^^^ after sovereign neg
^^^ after witty rep (jeez 80+ mil rep power
^^^ after YDK rep

thanks gentlemen let's keep this ball rolling

YDK
Just ego

NYCSPITZ
10-15-2015, 09:44 PM
is there a point to this? or purpose? or purely vanity and popularity contest?

it's based on an imaginary social standing (on a message board lol) upheld by childish losers whose mentalities allow for the existence of such a structure. Meaning they are actually affected by perceived status on the board, it gets their adrenaline pumping and the oxytocin gets released when they see green rep and they get enraged when they get neg repped.That being said I'm a part of this so let's get me into the green please only one strong rep to go.

Adonis
10-15-2015, 09:45 PM
oh, well then I wish to be the most red. Sawhoo bitches

Everyone neg me at your leisure, thanks

YDK
10-15-2015, 09:46 PM
There must got Adonis green

How close are you now nyc

YDK
10-15-2015, 09:46 PM
Lmao one post too late

Adonis
10-15-2015, 09:47 PM
ass, I'm color blind anyways. All the rep is green to me

NYCSPITZ
10-15-2015, 09:50 PM
-1,149,444 point(s) total

SO CLOSE. Who gave me the heart rep show yourself and get this love

YDK
10-15-2015, 09:50 PM
There just got NYC green

Your all welcome

Assholes

NYCSPITZ
10-15-2015, 09:51 PM
Ok I'm green this is monumental thanks YDK. How the f are you repping me multiple times?

YDK
10-15-2015, 09:52 PM
By spreading the rep to all the other red mugs in the aowl lol

NYCSPITZ
10-15-2015, 09:52 PM
lol

Adonis
10-15-2015, 10:29 PM
-1,149,444 point(s) total

SO CLOSE. Who gave me the heart rep show yourself and get this love

<3

8==)

YDK
10-15-2015, 10:36 PM
Damn no heart for the heartless

YOU'RE ALL NEGGED!

Jk

sral
10-16-2015, 02:23 AM
Damn yo, I left the mag uploading overnight but something's stalled it at 62%!!!!

Dearg
10-16-2015, 02:30 AM
Baron, wanna collab? Only need 12 lines to finish this heist piece.

sral
10-16-2015, 04:33 AM
I don't know what you mean. If I did something, I did it unknowingly lol.

if you did it unknowingly, how did witty know it was you?

you only know who it is if they leave a comment

like ydk always puts -ydk so you know its him that did it

it must have been you, and you must have typed it?

sral
10-16-2015, 04:34 AM
Baron, wanna collab? Only need 12 lines to finish this heist piece.

i'm at work but send it through

i'll get you with 12 maybe

Dearg
10-16-2015, 05:18 AM
if you did it unknowingly, how did witty know it was you?

you only know who it is if they leave a comment

like ydk always puts -ydk so you know its him that did it

it must have been you, and you must have typed it?

I still don't know what I did and you just made me ever more confused.

Razah
10-16-2015, 11:21 AM
Why mofos got graphics in their sigs though

sral
10-16-2015, 12:30 PM
PART OF THE VIDEO MAG IS ALMOST DONE, ITS A TWO PART SPECIAL THIS WEEK, 17 MINS LONG EACH!!!!

sral
10-16-2015, 12:31 PM
88% UPLOADED!

Mr. J
10-16-2015, 12:35 PM
Nice

sral
10-16-2015, 12:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W15yRiLF9vQ

sral
10-16-2015, 12:53 PM
THERES ANOTHER PART TO COME, ITS GONNA JUST TAKE ME TIME TO UPLOAD FROM THE PHONE AND ITS FRIDAY HERE SO ILL BE OUT TONIGHT!!!

Enjoy for now people!!!!!

35 min video mag blogs are no joke, I love this shit!!!!

sral
10-16-2015, 01:17 PM
23% done on part two!!

gonna give it around another hour tonight to up, try the rest throughout tomorrow and Sunday!

sral
10-16-2015, 01:29 PM
30% uploaded!!!!

sral
10-16-2015, 01:57 PM
52% done but I'm leaving the crib

Catch you all on the flipside!

Razah
10-16-2015, 11:08 PM
I just watched like 10 minutes of that. Lmao. Dope stuff man.

Keep me signed out for next week, got an audit the following Saturday and work will actually be work. *shrugs

My bad for no showing, but C'mon, it's the Cubbies

Dearg
10-16-2015, 11:27 PM
Oh, so funny. Messed up the story, I slept with his ex, he didn't sleep with my girl. I knew Aaron before RB, I showed him the site in 2005.

Adonis
10-16-2015, 11:34 PM
Oh, so funny. Messed up the story, I slept with his ex, he didn't sleep with my girl. I knew Aaron before RB, I showed him the site in 2005.

lmao

Dope drop MM and Lars

Listened to while installing some bitching floor at a house. Listened twice actually cause I'm currently out of podcasts

Frank
10-16-2015, 11:49 PM
http://media.nj.com/golf/photo/tiger-woods-liberty-national-golf-course-0602jpg-cba1471e3abb4667.jpg

http://media.jsonline.com/images/28007144_BFAVRESNOW.jpg

http://media-2.web.britannica.com/eb-media/08/4808-004-41878FDC.jpg
http://costumei.com/pictures/2013/03/Hulk-Hogan.jpg

http://www1.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/LeBron+James+Kobe+Bryant+Cleveland+Cavaliers+F3rIh mrKjOBl.jpg

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1245236!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_970/griffeyweb23s-2-web.jpg
http://whatsupyasieve.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Gretzky-Wayne-oilers-flow.png

Adonis
10-16-2015, 11:54 PM
Thank you

Frank
10-17-2015, 12:36 AM
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRv6qPufLPMImWbwWNH5qlc3KfqPPM6i JCz9EMGdnxrTB7QVDFb
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKcPuXRMo0GFtJUafriMI52JfJQhcGC bmhqiUxyqS6W2eOzjPa8A

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/LkAVcIaYrfY/maxresdefault.jpg
http://cdn.hellogiggles.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/15/halloween-starts-early-top-10-horror-movies-time.jpg
http://media.salon.com/2014/10/texas_chainsaw_massacre.jpg
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8UkeXFu8bz3SbQnNtrk2yUFHkzfipc Z8KiwvFne4wj_UQHEKK
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQyotOQxmwfeVsQ2J7TMMvqU6BbT3Rq9 nDE3s3CCx34ataMW36ILg
http://watchmojo.com/uploads/blipthumbs/Fi-M-Top10-Horror-Movies-of-the-1960s-480p30_480.jpg
http://blazingminds.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Pennywise-Horror-Movie-Villains.jpg
http://assets.rollingstone.com/assets/2014/list/readers-poll-the-10-best-horror-movie-villains-20141029/172666/medium_rect/1414509667/720x405-MCDSIOF_EC007_H.JPG
http://www.columbusalive.com/content/graphics/2009/10/13/leprechaun.jpg

Razah
10-17-2015, 01:12 PM
since it will lengthen the voting process, hence making the matches of next week posted later, ultimately giving me less time to write when I actually do have time (the weekends).

I'm so happy I wasn't the reason.

UnbornBuddha
10-17-2015, 02:53 PM
I'm so happy I wasn't the reason.

Instead of speaking vindictively, go vote.

sral
10-17-2015, 05:46 PM
THERES ANOTHER PART TO COME, ITS GONNA JUST TAKE ME TIME TO UPLOAD FROM THE PHONE AND ITS FRIDAY HERE SO ILL BE OUT TONIGHT!!!

Enjoy for now people!!!!!

35 min video mag blogs are no joke, I love this shit!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioMgQ7jToUo

2tripple0
10-18-2015, 08:50 AM
Cool shit to know the two of you have been working together so long good shit

Dearg
10-18-2015, 09:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioMgQ7jToUo

Why's it so surprising to you that I beat Spoken?

2tripple0
10-18-2015, 10:12 AM
You ever travel sral around Britain any?

sral
10-18-2015, 11:38 AM
Why's it so surprising to you that I beat Spoken?

He's a very good writer.

His record doesn't reflect his skill level at all.

I meant no disrespect.

sral
10-18-2015, 11:38 AM
You ever travel sral around Britain any?

All over.