PDA

View Full Version : Week 13 Magazine: Your final shot

Adonis
10-18-2015, 12:45 PM
~Intro~

First off I would like to thank my little friend Lars, ever since he stepped in this league, for the most part, has ran like clock work. I still miss our beef though, and you have a score to settle. Secondly, we only had a few no-shows and most everyone has been voting. There wasn't even any real controversy this week, where you at Frank ? We had 8, count em, Eight battles opened for votes this week not including the two no-shows I matched up which didn't receive a single morsel of feed, for shame. Probably won't do that again unless there aren't many open battles, which seems like that won't happen either. Week Thirteen is here, and that leaves us with the final stretch. Next weeks mag will be brought to you by Mr. J it's always nice to have a new voice in the circle and it will be perfect timing because that will give me more time to compile an even deeper end of season mag.

This weeks mag I have decided to feature a group called “ILLFIGHTYOU!” By way of Washington, these guys are just rugged with it lyrically. One of the dopest lines ever “I'll only wander with a boner in a mosh pit” they murder the game. I love this style of music, gritty tracks about drugs, fighting, not giving a fuck and overall flexing on the game. I know Khris P is also one of the producers and this dude kills shit lyrically as well. Other members are EvergreenOne and UGLYFRANK plus LOU SWANG as the other producer. Beats that knock the trunk off but you enjoy more for it. Enlighten yourselves and enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aIoehTBEUY

Table Of Contents

Seeding Refresher/Tiebreakers
Standings/Records
Live Interview: Lars and MMLP
Week 12 Reviews
Week 12 No-Show Shine
Interview ft. Mr. J
Throwback Verse/Dream Match
Adonis Power Five
Week 13 Battle Predictions
Outro

Adonis
10-18-2015, 12:50 PM
Playoffs: Following Sixteen Week Regular Season

Seeding

End of Season Champion will receive #1 overall seed
Seeding will be record based beyond that. We are trying to promote activity, so given that statement
Wins will be accounted for as first tie breaker meaning 6-0 is better then 5-3. However, 6-0 is not better then 6-1 as amount of weeks participated weigh higher then strength of schedule.

Tie Breakers - Regarding seeding

Head to Head Competition
Similar Opponents
Overall Vote Differential
Strength of Wins. (Better wins over higher seeds)

Automatic Playoff Bids

Anyone who has twelve verses and voted each week.
Any Regular Season Title Holder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcatBe_-kcE

~Standings~

WIN/LOSS [# of no show's]* three no shows is potential season ban

Signed IN

Champion: **EtH 4-0
**GodComplex 8-3

Contenders:
MMLP 3-0
VividilyVague 2-0

Mr. J 7-3 [1]
**Nigma 6-2
Ullr 4-3
**YDK 4-4
NYCSPITZ 3-2
*Frank 3-3 [1]
*Timeless 3-5 [1]
2Tripple0 3-8
Witty 2-1 [1]
Dancake 2-2 [2]
Asylum 2-3
Innovator 2-4 [2]
JESODIST 1-0
Systemic Infection 1-1 [1]
Dearg 1-1
CopyPat 0-1 [1]
Soulstice 0-1 [1]
Spoken 0-4
Half Wit It 0-0
Exis 0-0
The Law 0-0
Nameflip 0-0

Signed OUT

**Razah 6-4 [1]
*Rakontur 3-1
ClutBuck 2-0
Flo Real 1-4
Bobby Bigelow 1-1
KneeSlap 1-0
Objective 1-0
Tyson 1-1 [1]
Pinot Grij 1-2 [2]
Poet Minder 0-1
King Ra. 0-1 [1]
Genocide 0-1 [1]
RawnMD 0-1 [1]
Oats 0-1 [1]
Dominate 0-1 [1]
Hush 0-1 [1]
Artificial 0-1 [1]
Zinaii 0-1 [1]
Sween 0-1 [1]
Jshazo 0-1 [1]
Bloodshed 0-1 [1]
Banned: Consecutive no-shows or three overall
Dr. Dog 1-2 [2]
Fraze 1-3 [2]
Soveriegn 0-2 [1]
DeadMan 0-2 [2]
Zen 0-2 [2]

*Denotes participation in week 7 in which loss was not counted. For Tie-breaking scenarios.
** Denotes in season title holder = Automatic playoff bid

Adonis
10-18-2015, 12:52 PM
~Video Interview:Lars and MMLP Live

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioMgQ7jToUo

~WEEK 12 REVIEWS~

Rakontur gets the close win over Flo Real 4-1

Rak – This verse was interesting to me. A wing eating contest isn't something you would think about reading in topical format, but the way you strung the story along in a battle field type veil was wise. The misdirection worked for me. Enjoyed the read you pussy ;)

Flo – That closer killed me, you would have got my vote off that alone. It's rare I literally chuckle audibly, but that line did the trick. As for the story, it was cool but way to short IMO. I like how Aladdin woke up suddenly in the beginning, this is a way to start mid story almost and just rapid fire action out. Which you did. I also liked how you gave the reader hope through the pride Aladdin had, the unwavering faith that he would be the one to make it. Not sure if he cut himself with his own axe or not, but for the sake of my own humor I'm going to say he did. You were very descriptive as far as the water scene goes. From the gasses being pushed out of the lungs, to the searing pain of frigid water literally sucking the life out of a man, to the dust (99% human skin or some shit after all) of the ones who failed the same escape. Dope verse, I really enjoyed the read and thought you earned the win.

YDK catches the L, MMLP wins 4-1

YDK – You wrote a short verse from the first person perspective so naturally this had plenty of emotion and passion and thought within it. I liked the conceptual execution of not being a zombie or drone like most of humanity, the “am I alive” theory. So you executed what you set out to do in flying colors. The only downside was this verse, or type of verse, is overkill and you didn't do much to seperate your work of art from a relative new comer. While this is not a bad verse, it is not great either. So well I enjoyed it, I think we both know this was more of a quick write then anything. Solid writing/mechanics as always though.

M&M – A verse about the coming of Messi. I really liked the style used. You used misdirection, opening with stars and earth and finishing with it all leading up to the birth of a god. I loved the bit about water as this is how he plays. I am a huge soccer (not football) fan so this struck a cord with me. The flow had decent pace and never strayed too far off while you kept laser focus in executing in clear as day fashion, a concept verse well penned.

2Tripple0 blanked by JESODIST 4-0

2k – God I love your persona, you really do bring me back to your namesake's time frame. What I don't love, is the all over the place and random wording and misdirection and not so subtle jumps in thought to paper and really, overall execution, this week that is. You seemed even less focused this time around, which is weird for me to say. From your nipples being sucked like a cow to whether or not we find you illiterate, you sprinkled in some humor, but even if the entire verse was solid banter you would have had a tough time climbing out of this hole you dug. You continue to write in one sitting, which isn't bad, only it seems your ADHD is beginning to take over because your focus and direction have been getting worse in the past few weeks. Fun read as always though, def not elite 2k though bruhv.

JESODIST – I think how you created two verses fully utilizing the provided topic, this was wise. You opened with an onslaught of multies and inners, you kept solid pace in that department but there were instances that simply couldn't blow the fire out on a candle in comparison, not say those portions were bad either, just not on the same level you dig? One problem I noticed more then once is a simple one, we have different accents and annunciation. When you go heavy rhyme scheme in counting syllables, this is more obvious, although I can't fault you for that, just wanted to put it out there. I enjoyed the verse about hell far greater than the one about god and heaven because evil verses will always get my vote over a heart felt topical. One last thing I will say about using a heavy rhyme scheme style is this, be careful not to get sucked into using words for the sake of flow and tossing meaning by the wayside such as.... “An Auspicious Holy Soul who's Meticulous Knows the Source”. This sentence just simply doesn't work. All in all, the read was a bit winded and I noticed my mind straying part way through, but you showed a well versed style in namely flow but also visually driven with enough description to paint bold images.

Mr. J rout over Spoken 4-0

Jay – I'm not sure about the beginning this week, it read as if it were on purpose, but the verse seemed like it started in the middle of the story. This is cool, but it through me off guard a bit if I'm honest. The story itself was ok, I liked how you mentioned “mom” and disappointed because this gave vital clues as to what was taking place and by whom. The mechanics overall were solid as usual, nothing really to complain about, and I can actually say I enjoyed this weeks flow more then usual, which is strange to say because each week you use a similar style, but still, this week was sound. This story is sorely missing some background or character build up, this would have given me a personal or emotional connection to one of the characters thus drawing me in a bit closer. But since it was missing all together, it was just a story in my eyes written in good flow and solid progression mid-way to end.

Spoken – First off, the simple errors ruined some really sound writing and lead-up to the finale. It's tough for me to read this verse again because you did not, so why should I? On second read, I notice you must have auto-corrected the same word multiple times, so the offense is not as great, but still noticeable and kills the cadence and flow and plot in my brain as I read on. There were major details left out obviously. What happened to the father exactly is a mystery. The only thing I know is he sacrificed something, I assume his life, to keep his family safe. A Cuban refugee who does what he does for the betterment of his wife, which is weird because she works at a brothel which to me is the opposite of betterment. In any case, the opening half or so was more detailed and far more poetic, I love when you utilize that style, it is your better side in my humble opinion. I can tell you ran out of time this week and rushed the end. Although I didn't particularly like the concept and direction in general, I wish you had more time to flesh it out because it is one that the potential to finish and begin on a high note given your attention to details style. Solid outing none the less.

A new champion is crowned: EtH squeaks by Nigma 4-3

Nigma – This was a cute verse, overly emotional and continually revolving around the softer side of life. I never was a big fan of these type of verses, I was just waiting for this guy to become a murderer or something. I give you props, writing a straight story with no shock value, just trying to get the win off merit and skill alone. But for me personally, these types of verses are just boring. I'm saying, I hate romantic and heart felt movies, they make me sleep. So while reading your verse I was able to admire and fully enjoy rhyme structure and execution and mechanics in general, the story just didn't connect with me.

EtH – Ewww, did you just hyphen a word because I'm too simple to catch the word play? BOOOO! Seriously though bro, not necessary, you are not a battler circa 99'. Anyways, in all seriousness I enjoyed this verse despite the repition which I didn't fully get. I mean, I didn't think it was necessary. Conceptually this is a super dope verse, but execution wise I am not a fan. I know having a character yell black hole was added with questions as well, but again, I feel like you dumbed it down for me. I for one, knew exactly where you were going once you mentioned hadron collider, I've watched dozens of docs on it and read plenty an article about it. Stocked for the re-fire up, shit is crazy. Finding what atoms are made of for a split second. Treading scary waters here, I hope they find the god particle and be done with it. After that, exploring deep space is all that is left. Maybe terraforming another planet, but wtf am I saying? Back to this verse, sorry for the scenic route, I get lost quick. So yeah, while I enjoyed the verse, especially the content, I just felt like there was an abundance lapsed judgment calls that I couldn't see as necessary. But looking past that, very nice cadence that did not falter and a verse that I rather liked.

Vividly Vague left standing in a close 6-4 win over Timeless

Vivid – I can't lie bro, kind of weird, reading about a dreamy guy written by another man. Ballsy though and I commend you. The story had a fun progression to it, there were a bunch of characters in such a small space and at times that can muddle or skew the plot line, but you did well. I loved the use of the screen shot or whatever you did, that gave this verse a nice wrap up. The structure kept pace with exception of a single line becoming a run on sentence that stretched an entire bar. This is not bad, but in this case, each bar were two seperate lines so when you toss one stretched line at me it comes out of left field. Also a typo near the end. All in all I enjoyed this verse. It read smooth mechanically and plot wise was stellar. Good shit.

Time – So the cadence was decent, but the story line was just not there for me. I feel like you took the easy route out given your topic, like you chose the first concept that popped into your head upon receiving it. You did have good character build up though, I’ll give you that. You showed the depression, but allowed the reader to realize the psychotic or looney tendencies of the male in the verse. Solid read, I just didn't like the end at all if I'm honest.

Frankie goes for the jugular in a 5-0 win over ULLR

Frank – WTF man? You went all out this week in thrilling fashion. You do this every now and again, write a straight story that moves well. But ever time you did this, much like that verse about A-rod, you loose focus at some point and the story misses it's mark in a certain area. This time though, the entire story was a difficult follow because of the time jumps, but that helped you disguise any error you may or may not have produced. Dope read, one of the better ones of the week honestly, second IMO behind Witty.

ULLR – I liked the final stanza a lot, you picked up pace and rhythm in this section and ran with the concept. Unfortunately the first two paragraphs were not as effective aside from build up, which is a huge part of a verse yes, but it lacked in comparison to your ending. This verse was about a soldier with PTS it seems? He viewed life as a slave and grew weary of the orders he did not believe, eventually leaping from a perch to his death. This was a good verse, and although the votes showed you were destroyed, this is actually my third or fourth favorite verse of the week. So you had a strong showing, just were out dueled conceptually this week.

Witty gets the shut out win over DearG 3-0

Witty – “One night I'm gay” was pure comedy my man, solid opener. This was a really good verse my man, from start to end. Given the amount of, eh, stuff you incorporated this verse was destined to be captivating. I mean ever line was a change of topic. Superb use of topic as well, you hit that nail right on the head. I have said this before, but you utilize a rather simple flow but you do so well, don't change it, some of the best on this site. While this time around it was not magnificent because I think it took you a while to get moving, it was still solid as fuck. Voters had this one correct.

DearG – You wrote a massive saga but there was supprisingly not as much action as you could have given the opportunity of the story. It was still, mostly the witch thinking or the narrator talking about her emotions and the why's and what for's. At points you were highly descriptive, but for the most part you were listing things which is not utilizing sound and feel and perception as much as you are merely talking. So in the end, I enjoyed this verse because the content pulled me in, but I'm not sure that I loved the execution. I think you could have trimmed a bunch of fat off of this verse and made it more sleek and compact, thus more effective. Decent read, but there is work to be done IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbNfOWhBUYU

~No Show Shine~

GodComplex – I notice you write about god often, and by often you tend to mention religion in every few verses or so then have a verse about religion all together every now and again. That opening stanza was deep as shit man, class writing and execution. The concept of god explaining why is a touchy one, and you executed it perfectly, giving me much depth while keeping a patterned flow, all while conceptually owning the idea mentioned above. The ending contained even deeper thoughts, a world with no god, seems about right, like right now. This is a classic verse in my eyes because you tackled a very heavy concept and to me, the execution, although elite, isn't even the highlight. The best part about this verse is it's complexity and yet it's simplicity. You gave a voice to a entity while encapsulating a breed in few words. I liked the fact that you kept the focal point on God as opposed to having him berate human kinds multitude of errors. Thank you for the read, this is one of the top verses of this season in my eyes.

Asylum – This verse was dope man, purely based off action and ruthless battle, a verse that didn't keep pace but accelerated until it was over. I really did enjoy this one brother. I always mention the poetical vibe I get while reading your verses but this week you gave hints of it overlapped by a cadence and rhythm of imagery and battle all coming together to form a very complete verse. A story of a interstellar battle where a character drops from his ship to a foreign land and eventually goes off and murks souls. Top notch shit right here, one of my personal favorites of the week.

Adonis
10-18-2015, 12:53 PM
~Interview~
Featuring the talented Mr. J
Questions in bold: Adonis

The infamous Mr. J. Whats been up my man, I can't recall a single controversy you have personally instigated all season. I must be missing something?

Whats up big dog, where you been hiding? everything is going smooth here...
controversy is a fun thing I think, it adds a sort of suspense to the league in my eyes
the same way the dead man controversy brought some life back to the OM...
how does it find me...I'm unsure but I welcome it...

Lets start with a real question, I know you smoke, but how much do you burn on average?

tbh I smoke at night normally, I'm a night owl so I get my writing as well as other things done at that time
I roughly burn through a couple 8ths a month in my earlier days I would burn through a few quarters *cough*
what I smoke depends on my connect, but now that recreational is allowed around these parts I have to make an appearance at a dispensary
when I was working Id smoke before work, & then during lunch, it would make other people tolerable for the day
now I try to conserve because of the distance between me & the people I used to buy from, Im on a dry spell as of last night
dry spells make me sad because I become more focused & tend to actually try...

You're arguably the most consistent writer on the site and def the most reliable posting wise in my eyes. You ever no-show yet?

Thanks brah, I try to keep activity going smoothly whenever I'm in the OM, I don't feed anything right away..
but when I do I try to get to everything that I missed, I went on a feed frenzy recently which Im always proud of.
I no showed in my first contender match, I could have showed but I didn't feel like the timing was right for me
I had a verse ready to go about a gunslinger who was out for revenge because his family was killed...
it was movie week then I think..but word I took a few weeks off hoping competition would show up but nah..
was going to sign out again the week I battled Frank but the battle was set up so I was like eh...ok

I know you quick write so you are obviously on Lars' coveted short list of guys he loves. But when is the last time you actually sat down and wrote a topical taking your time and editing the fuck out of it?

that would be during the Martyrs tournament ran by Vulgar, I actually wrote a verse for Buddha as well as Pent
knowing the amount of work that Buddha puts in in the cypher I had to bring a more polished verse for him
after seeing Pents first or second verse I knew I had to come with a decently written verse to overcome his style
both the verses I had prepared for those guys were my favorite though, more out of my element than usual
my first verse was more dialogue based, & the Pent verse was more focused on the...description I guess..
I had fun though
I was thrown off my game when I battled Lars in the finals though, I was still crafting my verse in my head
and had 3 separate ideas that I tried to blend together, but dropped what I had thinking I could sneak one by
sadly it did not work.

Your verses seem more like verses and less like topicals too me. Do you record? And when you write do you write as if you were rapping them?

When I first started writing i was told that I wrote too much and should cut down on the length of my lines
I tried for some time and the style just stuck regardless of what Im writing, I normal try to keep the lines even.
I recorded a few times but never took the time to really try and make a decent collective of songs, I started in 06 or 07.
one of my good friends had a sister that had her own little set up where I would drop in and do a verse for a group track
I guess I was part of the crew then, but never really agreed with their ideas for tracks or the route that they took lyrically
when I write I normally repeat it in my head, if it sounds nice I tend to keep with that flow if not...well yea
but Ive been a student of this since Yo! Ive been influence by the likes of Melli Mel, My Philosophy was my favorite song forever.
I havent written anything serious in awhile though, I just like toying with words & building new concepts around common words..
I just try to write something enjoyable for the reader mostly..

Past or present, give me the short list of guys you would like to battle most (potential Grudge match for you) and who you feel has the best shot at winning the entire shabang this season?

I would enjoy a gauntlet of the more seasoned writers to be honest, but I doubt any would show.
everyone tends to be quote unquote busy, others forget that they are writing for something like this
and a majority of the time ego gets in the way. which I find really funny, but that would be my fantasy
I would redo the first season I joined the AOWL if it were possible because now Id have more time on my hands
I could see Nigma going the distance...Buddha would have a chance of taking it as well...I could have but n a h
YDK seems competitive as of late as well. its hard to say really, I feel like its still open for the dedicated one
so far Nigma has been on a streak though. so that would be my guess...

Stylistically, who do you envy? Strange question to be honest with, so I'll start. I wish I could string multies like copypat obviously, but I really wish I could write meaningful verses like Buddha does some times. Shit he reads and cares about. it's difficult for me to use personal shit, less motivated for some odd reason.

Haha if you asked me this at the beginning of the year I would have had a better answer for this..
I cant say honestly, I really enjoy the mechanical aspect that Split & say Certain brought to the table
I remember when Split first came around these parts & he just made a huge jump into some great writing
sometimes I want to put the same focus Buddha or Vulgar had when it came to their concepts normally I have a jumble of ideas in my head that just need words...
my focus is usually all over the place and I get ahead of myself when I write a majority of my lines...
so basically anyone makes me envious at times, sometimes someone drops a dope rhyme & Im like I wish I thought of that
zygote would probably be that person, I always thought dude was crazy with it...I like crazy

Exactly when did you start writing and first competing in topical leagues?

I started writing when I was like 10 or 11 I was trying to impress a girl to tell the truth. I have no shame.
Ive had up to 40+ worth of notebooks full of random material filled with rhymes from front to back...
when me & my roommate moved into a house out of our apartment I burned every last rhyme to stay warm...
fucking winters....
the first time I started competing was here actually, haha, I've battled of course but never competed in leagues
making the transition from pen to using a keyboard was tough on me at first but now its a bit easier when Im feeling it
the league gives me a challenge because I don't write what I normally would it forces me to act creative for a short amount of time.

I'm just guessing here, but in AOWL, I'm going to say you have a 24-12 win/loss ratio or so. Far above .500 to say the least, that I'm certain of. Even in the beginning when we had a stronger roster in my eyes, you were still churning out wins although not as rapidly. How's it feel to be one of the few that have lasted and still compete at a high level?

I blame the internet..haha...I'm happy to say the least, a lot of sites I wrote on have died off
luckily Netcees has survived the test of time & the lime continues to live on, which I am thankful for
if the site wasnt here I would probably be on youtube writing random rhymes to instrumentals.
I compete to keep the competition on their toes, I could be one of the elite but I dont have an ego
apparently you cant be a part of the cool club because of that, but writing is a love of mine that wont die.

I don't recall ever battling you, what would be our outcome?

we would meet in the Rockies, with laptop in hand where the beer flows like wine
our search for a proper spot would cause us to argue due to the extremes of the weather
eventually we would build a fire to regain the warmth that was lost finding a proper spot to write
your fingers would go numb & you might need an extension me being the generous man I am I would hand you my extra set of gloves...
my hands were getting sweaty

Preemptive LOL to that answer, you're delirious. Anything you add in closing? And thanks again for posting verses and voting consistently, that's the shit that makes me care about writing a mag and shit.

No problem brah, I dont have anything else to say really, lets hope this week goes well and the weeks to come
shout out to everyone that has contributed in keeping the league alive and pushing for the 16 weeks.
shout out to Lars for stepping up and modding, shout out to PP for dropping a mag, GC/UB as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzBTdqZtgdU

~Throwback Verse // Dream Match Up~

Adonis: In honor of Mr. J doing an interview and mentioning both of these verses and addition to him doing next weeks mag, I give you, the match up of the ages. V/Mr. J vs. Buddha. I fully remember that verse and good god was that a dope battle. You both wrote your asses off in that opening round.

Mr. J vs. Mr. J
rd.3 victory in “The Abstract Martyrs” Tourney vs. the legendary Pent uP sign in bro

Enchanted by melody, her song would carry through the branches
she sat beneath the cherry tree, ripe were those fruits of passion
As a siren would manipulate on a whim, she did upon wandering glances
As enigmatic as she was, she was still an amateur mastering her craft
It was all she had known, well preserved as if captured in glass.
Like a firefly that fought off darkness, leaving others enamored by dance
enraptured in fact. Her physique resembled that of a ballerina's
her nimble frame rested upon limbs that stretched like the marina
a beautiful dreamer, represented by eyes that glared like rich mahogany
experienced as if she lived through the Odyssey & reminisced often..
She practiced common themes of curiosity & battled against misogyny
A chameleon, her hair was a dark cinnamon, in the light..vermilion
she was fair, among the crowd she would stand out like the pavilion
a smile she only revealed when confronted by refinement & age
she was concealed in water as petals to a flower, beauty only silence could praise
her skin would glisten as the sun would reach it's alignment & gaze...
as if it were a suitor admiring from afar awaiting some sort of merit
her cold demeanor would show that would easily thwart or disparage
leaving any individual in awe as well as thoroughly embarrassed.
As she sunk into herself all the well known faults became apparent..
time was her enemy, that consumed her as the years flew by
the eyes that once glistened & seemed cheerful, appeared to die
her roots withered, & the truth eventually persevered through lies..
the song's became fearful cries, that would call for clarity..
'Why?' the philosophers question resting on the lips of austerity
her once calm exterior had grown into a heated loss of sincerity
her smile started to sag, as her limbs would grow weaker.
I had become angered that day because I could control neither
while my disdain flourished, my resentment had grown deeper
on her 18th birthday I could no longer love my once beautiful...Lolita

vs.[b]

Mr. J victory against the decadent knowledge sorcerer formally known as UnbornBuddha
rd. 1 in “The Abstract Martyrs” Tourney

Time is an issue that became hasty, enigmatic, foolish & cocky.
Life circled time as if an answer would take root in the thoughts…
[b]‘Leave! I will no longer discuss such an idea nor condone its use!’
Arguments flare nightly to the point the furnace couldn’t hold the feuds
“I’ve known the truth! And kept proper eye on those close to you
And to follow law as it was written and ignore fact is I quote ‘abuse’”
The night took a turn for the worst when an unexpected visitor intruded
“I am only basing this on the reality of man & his need for survival
The need to grow is a necessity, and to learn is more than vital..”
‘To stand the test of time, and live beyond death seems ill advised
Even with all the good that can happen, the negative will survive’
“We cannot omit the fact these creatures have the ability to reproduce
And with the natural ability to learn they could seize the clues..”
‘Be that as it may, but to learn of destruction will leave a mark long after them.
To build upon that is a blueprint and that is where ‘wrath’ begins’
‘If that happens then they are left with the choice to document action
To become wise, a force, a society of nobility if they were to avoid obvious passions’
‘Give them knowledge; if society was chaos tomorrow, knowledge is exempt!’
“In defense, the desire to learn is beyond any of our other promised attempts.”
We were born under a light, a light that guided us to all walks of life
We watched as each sprout was given the gift of life, it lived, it died…
It would give then strive. From the animals from the deepest end of the ocean
To the mountains... to the first human with their sense of emotions
Now we witness the need to learn from one’s mistakes, build a system for growth
It stands against what we once believed in, but it is a small glimpse of ‘Hope’
“Life for man will continue as planned… but his memories shall live on
I find it obscure for you to debate my very strength in this argument…’
‘It’s odd enough trying to grasp the idea that you think they deserve chances
They should be born perfect! I will take no other under any circumstances…’
“Don’t be foolish! For me to even seek your council in this was beyond reasonable
We shall proceed as Death has found fit. Welcome Eternity to do all that is redeemable”
‘I am honored. It is a blessing to carry on the lead in this quest for knowledge
For the Life of Man will be remembered beyond Death, To continue beyond Time in homage
to be taught, to understand the capabilities we have placed in their hands earnestly
they will be molded perfectly, & their footsteps will echo throughout Eternity…”
With that final statement we stood in silence under the light post where Time rested
Where Life ended, and I buried all of the hope for humanity until tonight’s message
Through the articulation of the mind they acquired the writings on the wall
Soon they will develop the ability to form speech in which will be defining them all
At last… the battle on what to do with Time is resolved

Adonis
10-18-2015, 01:07 PM
~Power Five~

#5:Dancake/MMLP/Frank

This is a mix and match of people who are equally deserving of making this list and just missing that signature win to crack it

#4Mr. J

Although Jay is yet to win a title this season, I'm pretty sure? He has proven to be one of the best currently participating. He's one win away from a contenders match in which should be his final shot at the in-season title holder this season.

#3Nigma

Nigma is Nigma, a monster in every sense. He is fresh out of the gauntlet getting wins over, this is off the top of my head, Mr. J, Razah, Buddha and Rakontur. Dude has been a monster.

#2 EtH

He's our champion and is ranked number two???? I actually almost put Nigma ahead of him even though he beat him, but I do have somewhat of a conscience. EtH will be in the war room battling the skillful Buddha. EtH has beaten some really good writers on his way to the top, godspeed.

#1Godcomplex

What can I say that I haven't said before? Nothing really, he is what we know and expect. Depth in execution that gets the synapses to fire on all cylinders. STUD

~Week 13 Predictions~

The Law vs. Nameflip

Sorry, never heard of either. Based off name.
Nameflip:51%

Half Wit It vs. Exis

Sorry, although I have heard of you each I've never seen a topical. Based off name.
Exis:51%

0-4 Spoken vs. 3-8 2Tirpple0

Seems as though 2k might get some editing help from a well known vet this week so he might pull out a shocker. The real shocker to me though is Spoken at 0-3. EtH is in the title match and they battled at 0-0 and it was as close a battle as I read this entire season. Spoken is uber talented but has been lacking discipline and editing, so it really could go either way unless Spoken actually tries again. I love 2tripple0's verses, I really do. More then most I can say. But this is a bad match up for him.
Spoken: 68%

3-2 NYCSPITZ vs. 2-2 Dancake

Nik asked for this bout, and hopefully when Cake sees who he's matched against he will be motivated to write, otherwise, he will get the season ban for too many no-shows. Either way, this battle could easily be the the last battle of the season, meaning the championship of the playoffs. These are two elite writer and in ever sense, literally top 8 in AOWL/PR history which is saying something considering my PR knowledge. This could go either way, and while Nik has been showing more often then not, no doubt he'll be motivated, but cake just has a way with words when he shows.
NYCSPITZ:52%

0-1 CopyPat vs. 1-1 Dearg

This should be a fun battle as Dearg is coming off a tough loss and is in dire needs of a win. I have a feeling Pat may no show because he's not logging in much these days aside from posting something real quick. In any case, Copy has the ability to beat anyone if he takes the right path conceptually. Dearg might have the more traditional style this week, but that may be the reason he loses. Look for Copy to come out of left field with a light hearted topical for the win.
CopyPat:59%

0-1 Soulstice vs. 2-4 Innovator

This could be intriguing if for no other reason then to see who gets the season ban. Each have countless no shows over the past five seasons. Soul lost season one in the finals I believe, but since really hasn't posted enough material to continue garnering my select few list of elite writers. Inno on the other hand just has a style that can win if he produces. He has a way of wording description with metaphor and imagery that could and will simply beat your best shit. Problem is his motivation and consistency.
Innovator: 52%

3-2 Rakontur vs. 4-3 Ullr

This will be a short read. I can't remember a time when either of these characters posted even half of the maximum word limit. These two should post and get votes quick due to the shortened length of combined read. As for the battle, they actually have similar styles. Simplistic rhyme patterns executing at high levels, shorter lines then most while each with solid execution on concepts and mechanics, minimal errors. I think Rak can produce the better or deeper concept, but even then he's a hit or miss. Seems like he has been quick writing lately, which won't be enough to beat a multiple time #1 contender.
Ullr:58%

6-2 Nigma vs. 1-1 Systemic Infection

Nigma my man, you had one hell of a run on the top. Kudos on getting in multiple title defenses, the sign of a true champion. I'm not really sure who systemic infection is, but I do remember a single verse, so that bodes well for him I guess. The problem is he's facing one of the best right now. A guy who is coming off of something like 6 wins straight or so. Nigma is all around a really good writer, and me saying really good is an understatement. System will need to drop some straight gold to win unless Nigma takes it easy, which is not in his make up really.
Nigma: 71%

[b]2-3 Asylum vs. 2-4 Timeless

This should be a short battle here, both combined verse lengths could see the same line count as buddha alone. Asylum I thought dropped some top notch writing last week while Timeless is fresh off a nail bitter in every sense of the word. I would imagine he is highly motivated to get the win, but it seems like he drops the same length and style no matter what. I think this will come down to whoever has the better concept. Asylum is more poetical and slick with wording while Time is just a tad more mechanically sound. I expect to read the words “Preference vote” more then once in this close battle.
Asylum:51%

7-3 Mr. J vs. 1-0 JESODIST

I liked what Jez posted last week but the verdict is still out on him. I'm unsure of his potential so this is a shot in the dark to predict. That is somewhat true, but some things I do know. MR. J is a beast who will show and is looking for another Contenders bout and this may be his last shot as the season is winding down. In any case, Jez will need to produce a verse with sound mechanics with a solid execution on a topic more off the wall then not if he wants a shot at beating Jay.
Mr. J: 66%

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5aCRLEo-ac

3-2 Frank vs. 2-1 Witty

Winner is in a contenders match vying for their last hope at holding the belt in season five. This battle should be a very fast paced and fun to vote on battle. This is actually my pick for BOTW because if they both post the battle will more then likely be an instant classic. I enjoy each writer for many reasons, but I actually want to say Witty might be Franks kryptonite because he has a similar style to frank only has the better flow. So while they may each tackle to the topic head on, Frank may be just slightly outmatched in my eyes.
Witty:52%

Contenders Bout: 3-0 MMLP vs. 2-0 Vividlyvague

This will be one of those reads that should get a massive amount of votes right out the gate. These two have similar styles in that they keep it short and to the point, so voters will naturally gravitate toward them because of it's potential of getting a quick vote/read out of the way ealy. As for the match, I think it's relatively close. Vivid should have the better mechanics here, and better story-telling if I'm honest. What MMLP can do better is not falter. I have literally never seen this guy drop anything less then solid worker with zero typos or grammatical errors or even a whack concept or execution. Vivid on the other hand has dropped quick writes that fall bellow standard or shot himself in the leg once or twice by over thinking and under executing topics. Close match here.
Vivid:60%

Champion 4-0 EtH vs. 8-3 GodComplex

This could be BOTW but I have already proclaimed one of those. Each of these writers are mad consistent with it. Buddha has more depth and complexity, which is something I look for in a read, but then again he has that over anyone ever pretty much not named Sacrifice. Buddha is many peoples pick to win the entire thing, but EtH has risen from the ranks extremely quick and has done so in rather good form. He executes his concepts well utilizing an above par understanding of flow. This will be a dope battle none the less, one that I look forward to. EtH will need a conceptually driven verse to match the depth of God, but really, it is anyone’s for the taking.
Godcomplex:53%

Adonis
10-18-2015, 01:15 PM
~Outro~

So, we struggled to close out last week strong which I am not happy with. Lars and I have been extremely lenient, maybe to a fault? We havne't been keeping track of votes because we wish to give freedom, but I know a few of the assholes here who simply don't vote at all. Lets cut that shit now man, we are adults and should be able to set aside 25 minutes to drop three votes.

Our Week 15 will be the final contenders match so this is the last chance you have. basically, anyone who loses this week will be out of time to make a title shot, so hunker down and make shit happen spoken.

Enjoy your weeks bitches, Adonis out.

Oh, twelve people will make the post season so based on records I am guessing, but putting the mendoza line at 3 wins

EtH
10-18-2015, 01:31 PM
@Mr.J, I didn't hyphenate wordplay. I extremely lazily hyphenated a rhyme scheme instead of building to it. Concerned wouldn't have had the pause conned CERN has, so I added the hyphen so it said con-cerned I've conned CERN. Very very lazy but that was probably the most rushed I've ever written so I get away with it.

I posted my verse tonight a lot quicker but I really felt it when writing.
Adonis, apologies about the voting. I kept meaning to do it but I had a few nights out in a row followed by moving house for a few days so I never had the time to site down and vote or write. Sorry man. If it makes you feel any better I've neglected my own league on RB haha.

Good luck Godcomplex. I've not had the most impressive verses this season and I've only squeezed by some of the guys I beat. I was gonna beat Frank straight up before he cheated and I'm gutted that I can't say "I beat Frank" because it'll always be called "controversial" now. Sucks, so if I win this one at least for once I'll have some legitimate bragging rights as you won't be fucking around.

The Law
10-18-2015, 02:02 PM
Great work on this mag.
Not the greatest of pics for my battle, but I look forward to making some kind of impression, at least.

2tripple0
10-18-2015, 02:06 PM
dope mag I hope I can come up with something fresh this week....I understand my opponent is a dope writer and his record is not a reflection of his skill....im kinda stuck in that same rut that has always failed me lol.........but good luck to you and everyone else in league

timeless
10-18-2015, 02:29 PM
Adonis I'm 3-6 this season, not 2-4.

Cool mag btw

YDK
10-18-2015, 02:44 PM
Dope mag as always guys definitely appreciate all the work forreal , I'll make sure to not miss the playoffs but till then idk yet

Adonis
10-18-2015, 04:39 PM
Adonis I'm 3-6 this season, not 2-4.

Cool mag btw

Correcting now, but you are 3-5 see asterisk for reasoning.

Witty
10-18-2015, 05:41 PM
Really awesome job all round, big props fellas.
Adonis sraL MMLP

Flow
10-18-2015, 05:58 PM
Adonis top mag man was a pleasure being a part of this league even if briefly and unsuccessfully same to sraL (still working on getting that date off)

Dearg
10-18-2015, 09:58 PM
Cool mag.

Adonis
10-18-2015, 10:12 PM
In honor of Prez. Lars birthday on halloween

Next week's topics will be a horror quote accompanied by a horror movie poster

example

Halloween
"Die Bitch, Die!"

Plus best artwork I can find

Example is purely guess work, I would not pick something so gay.

Any horror movie suggestions?

The Law
10-18-2015, 10:40 PM
In honor of Prez. Lars birthday on halloween

Next week's topics will be a horror quote accompanied by a horror movie poster

example

Halloween
"Die Bitch, Die!"

Plus best artwork I can find

Example is purely guess work, I would not pick something so gay.

Any horror movie suggestions?

For example it would be like this?

http://img2.tvtome.com/i/u/e25c55f3d0bf492ec9146ae45566fe0b.png
Lack of trust in other people, increases the need for religion

Mr. J
10-18-2015, 10:40 PM
dope mag breh...awesome work...

timeless...still want to help? ..pm me

Ill be choosing another coordinator to help out shortly...gonna think this verse through real quick...

Adonis
10-18-2015, 10:52 PM
For example it would be like this?

http://img2.tvtome.com/i/u/e25c55f3d0bf492ec9146ae45566fe0b.png

yummmm

Pretty much. I was trying to find more along the lines of actual movie artwork though, like ill posters and shit.

for example

http://i.imgur.com/yiBHB96.jpg

The cabinet of dr. Caligari
You fools, this man is plotting our death! We die at dawn!

Adonis
10-18-2015, 10:54 PM
Oh shit, I fucked that one up. Quote don't even match the art

ahh well, the drift is caught

If you got more shoot em through PM

The Law
10-18-2015, 11:12 PM
Alright. I'm sure I can come up with a bunch for you tomorrow or so. I am big into the horror flicks. Adonis

Vulgar
10-19-2015, 12:27 AM
Nice mag! This is what I should be doing for the LGPA every week. Also a good video from @rsaL and MMLP. I have been slacking, not only with my personal poetry writing but also with the league itself. I'm a dependable moderator, and fair, but yeah, there needs to be some more passion injected into this plump green mistress. You cheeky bastards.

Noted..

e11even
10-19-2015, 08:15 AM
Great mag. I need ta start my verse. Fuck lol.

UnbornBuddha
10-19-2015, 01:41 PM
Fantastic work friend, and also entertaining video mag sraL and MMLP.

Frank
10-19-2015, 03:00 PM
well done cheers

Adonis
10-21-2015, 12:16 AM
These are week 14: Horror Week: Topics, which will you get?

http://i.imgur.com/q6rA8n4.jpg

The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

"You fools, this man is plotting our death! We die at dawn!"

http://i.imgur.com/8MaAtNf.jpg

30 days of night

"That cold ain't the weather, that's death approaching"

http://i.imgur.com/hAtCGpj.jpg

Psycho

"I was born into mine. I don't mind it anymore.

http://i.imgur.com/9ouG36N.jpg

Fido

We're all getting funeral"

http://i.imgur.com/72bxvLP.jpg

Hellraiser

"No tears please, it's a good waste of suffering"

http://i.imgur.com/qVjDYau.jpg

Devils Reject

"The next word that comes out of your mouth better be some brilliant Mark Twain shit. 'Cause it's definitely getting chiseled on your tombstone."

http://i.imgur.com/7vuVNjR.jpg

Halloween

It was the boogeyman"

http://i.imgur.com/rxlejEd.jpg

The Shining

"Come out Come out Wherever you are."

http://i.imgur.com/BoldzxP.jpg

Psycho

They'll put him away now, as I should have years ago"

http://i.imgur.com/tLOi6A6.jpg

Nosferatu The Vampyre

"The absence of love is the most abject pain."

http://i.imgur.com/8ytM2EZ.jpg

The Exorcist

"I'm the Devil. Now kindly undo these straps."

http://i.imgur.com/NiP1dvC.jpg

Nightmare On Elm Street

"Whatever you do, don't fall asleep"

http://i.imgur.com/tFE50IR.jpg

The Shining
"I just need time to think things over!"

http://i.imgur.com/ipbbQej.jpg

Silince of the lambs
YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT PAIN IS!

http://i.imgur.com/kiyWUWP.jpg

The Fly

"Be afraid, be very afraid"

http://i.imgur.com/6AIIghV.jpg

Ginger Snaps

"Wrists are for girls. I'm slitting my throat."

Edit: Yes there are two "Psycho" and "The Shinning" topics for good art

*subject to change

Adonis
10-21-2015, 12:18 AM
Topics Explained

You are provided with a package: Picture art, a quote and a title of a movie. You may draw inspiration from any them. Dealers choice.

asylum
10-21-2015, 04:05 AM
bruhhhhh are these next week topics open choice?

freal?

Exis
10-21-2015, 05:46 AM
Ginger Snaps is dope...

sral
10-21-2015, 06:38 AM
bruhhhhh are these next week topics open choice?

freal?

you'll each have one assigned to you

unless you guys would rather have free reign?

i'm open to that

The Law
10-21-2015, 07:40 AM
Exactly what are you planning on us doing with these.
Creating our own topical and story off of them,

or using the current story.
For example, the freddy kruger one, using the current movies and just making our own story as a character being stuck in his dream world.. etc.

sral
10-21-2015, 07:54 AM
i think allowing you to take a story anywhere you want rather than trying to adhere too closely to the originals is best

more room for creativity/originality that way

if ppl want to write to the current story of any, feel free

just bear in mind (pun always intended) some people might not be as knowledgable on the subject/film as you may be!

asylum
10-22-2015, 03:14 AM
you'll each have one assigned to you

unless you guys would rather have free reign?

i'm open to that

i was just wondering. completely blacked out when i wrote that reply, mind you.
i prefer a set topic over free reign, tbh. kinda why i write here. focuses my chi.

2tripple0
10-22-2015, 11:38 AM
Dope topics gonna enjoy this last week

Adonis
10-22-2015, 07:48 PM
Dope topics gonna enjoy this last week

why's it gotta be your last?

Playoff sign ups going up soon, you earned a spot, one of the few that have done so

2tripple0
10-23-2015, 08:07 AM
nah I just meant the last week of the season......and thanks to mods for hooking up free spot even though my lyrics are trash lol

Mr. J
10-23-2015, 05:14 PM
timeless you sloppy fluck

dont be playin brah

asylum
10-23-2015, 08:17 PM
Great mag guys! Just now read it in it's entirety.
I enjoyed the commentary on each writer in the predictions very much.

those illfightyou guys are on point.

side note : lars takes little girly sips. hahah. enjoyed the vid too guys.

thanks everyone for their effort and the entertainment it's provided!
we appreciate you guys.

Exis
10-23-2015, 11:02 PM
I want the Snaps shit next week...against someone that'll show, first week in this bitch & yeah, pathetic how many cats dropped for nothin'.

It's disrespectful.

timeless
10-24-2015, 07:27 PM
I want the Snaps shit next week...against someone that'll show, first week in this bitch & yeah, pathetic how many cats dropped for nothin'.

It's disrespectful.

It'll be okay bro.

Frank
10-27-2015, 03:00 PM
How does it take 2 people 3 days to write 1 mag

srs??

Mr. J
10-27-2015, 06:03 PM
Calm yourself girlfriend you're here to compete..
just waiting on your girlfriend timeless but I'm writing a verse maybe I'll do next week and compile this one with that

until then I like watching you squirm

Frank
10-27-2015, 06:33 PM
likewise

timeless
10-27-2015, 06:35 PM
...I was only doing predictions and I sent what I had to him yesterday. Was my bdayvyesterday too I'm chillin

Slacking j

Frank
10-27-2015, 06:39 PM
mr J too busy dropping keystyles in the open mic freestyle thread

he ain't cut out for this shit.

if i catch that ninja jacking my steelo again, lucky i wasn't here for the martry tournament