View Full Version : Manhattan vs. Chyeahhh!!! - {Manhattan wins}

Meth
10-29-2015, 10:11 PM
BA Swag & Flow Tournament II

Verses are due Tuesday 11/3/15 @ 11:59 PM PST

10-16 lines

No swaying, biting, flipping, recycling, or tom foolery

No extensions.

You are allowed a 12 hour grace period once in the entire tournament. So if you use it in the first round, you will go the rest of the tourney without being allowed a grace period.

Good luck.

Ricky Manhattan Chyeahhh!!!

Beretta
10-30-2015, 10:01 AM

Chyeahhh!!!
10-30-2015, 10:02 PM
sounds good to me

Beretta
11-01-2015, 11:46 AM
Ready when u r

Chyeahhh!!!
11-01-2015, 04:40 PM
Ill prolly drop sometime tuesday. Im usually quick on the draw but been pretty busy

Chyeahhh!!!
11-03-2015, 12:00 AM
an ode to my old self...been onpoint wit that ballpoint..fuck you niggas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQNt80w6mH4

imagine Don Juan N' Von Braun sittin in a carpool
twisted in cigar fumes listenin to guitars struned
dictatin bizzare views on runnin a mile sprinting in Zedong's shoes
fore' you know it, you get a bomb, fuse...this is how my bars groove
hashtag, #I'mtheshit, you'll need a cat scan when I back hand monstrous
what I display in a verse aint safe for work, someone Captain Obvious
in the JanSport I keep the Makarov, but don't need a passport to mack a broad
glance in the mirror, check the waves, then check for babes, I'm David Hasselhoff
hand me a Espy, I'm Allah with this doe, shit! so smooth with Styles
in France they call me La Fragalistic, I role with the Super .Cal
I'm Bruce Bowen with Rugers smokin, stupid foul when I shoot around
plus I thought of bull dozing the funeral spokesman when Rakim said "Move the Crowd"

Beretta
11-03-2015, 09:58 PM
Ayo, I should be facin the hardest life imprisonment.. not a single thought inside my awful mind is innocent
Mail a video tape of me splittin ya frame, now ya daughter's eyes're witnessin the horrifyin incident - Gerard Butler in Law Abiding Citizen
Keep a rifle w/ extra bullets when I ride in a rented Buick, a sniper w/ weapons shootin
I'm 'bout to make a video of me stickin knives thru the flesh of students, post it on YouTube & title it 'Retribution'
Go Elliot Rodger & empty the Glock, my weaponry's bonkers
Got 70 choppers layin next to the Mossbergs & every revolver comes w/ a set of kitanas
But forget about palmin a 'matic, these thoughts that I'm havin'll blow you off of the map along w/ ya ratchet
Study the law of attraction & rearrange all of ya atoms usin quantum mechanics, I'm Dr. Manhattan
Still I walk w/ a cannon.. double pump; bundled up, it's a cold winter
Blade gripped, you catch a face lift then get thrown in a grave quick; that's Joan Rivers
Sick to the core skinnin ya corpse, witness the gore
Get viciously torn when I hit you w/ force like winds from the twisters that roared in Into the Storm & rip ya physical form
In my city there's bad blood, so I'm grippin a black snub.. blow ya brains out while you sit in the bath tub
You don't live what you rap, I'm aimin at ya whip if you act up...
They won't know if somebody emptied a clip on ya van or if it got hit by a Mack Truck
I'm God & Satan combined, gone insane w/ a rifle.. constant pain in my life, a monster made for survival
Fuck referencin Johnny Cage, my bars belong in the HoF w/ ya idol's... slaughter Neigh' in the finals & walk away w/ the title

Seyance
11-04-2015, 01:42 PM
glance in the mirror, check the waves, then check for babes, I'm David Hasselhoff

Vs

Ayo, I should be facin the hardest life imprisonment.. not a single thought inside my awful mind is innocent
Mail a video tape of me splittin ya frame, now ya daughter's eyes're witnessin the horrifyin incident - Gerard Butler in Law Abiding Citizen
Study the law of attraction & rearrange all of ya atoms usin quantum mechanics, I'm Dr. Manhattan
Blade gripped, you catch a face lift then get thrown in a grave quick; that's Joan Rivers

Decent first round showing from both. Chyeah I've seen you write better before, had a real lack of concepts, seemed like loads of random shit thrown together to rhyme. I liked the flow on your closer, missed a syllable here and there which did chop your flow up a tad. Needs to be a bit more cohsive but defo some highlights. Manhattan came out swinging, your opener was sotb (scheme of the battle) knew you'd come with a lotta gunbars good references flow was dope in sections. the bits I highlighted were fire. Hatten was more polished and flexed harder, more impact in his schemes and concepts. Good flow, but lines long as shit.. Chyeah could've doubled his bars up and they'd of been a similar length, not sure where people stand on that. Also in this tourney are we not supposed to match line length with the first person who dropped? Hattan posted 17 lines, which was over the round limit. If that's cool.. i'd of posted a full 16, who wants to write/read a 10 line swag snippet.

Manhattan

Orc
11-04-2015, 02:55 PM
'Hattan the boy needs to cut those lines next round. That's unfair, bro - especially cuz Chyeaah dropped first.

Anyway, chyeaah had the Super Cal line that was fucking sick. Probably my favourite concept of the battle tbh. So slick. Some of the syllables were off which disrupted your flow a little. I've seen you do a bit better, man. 'Hattan I think how stretched ya shit was actually hurt you a couple of times, man. The Gerard Butler line was so dope; it woulda been doper if you'd just hit enter and structured it better. Joan Rivers line was flames too. That's your normal style! Dr. Manhattan was hot, too. Multies and flow were sick throughout, you already know that.

'Hattan got it

Mike Wrecka
11-06-2015, 06:46 AM
Cool battle. Apologies for the quick vote. On my phone

Chyeah - u had a decent verse here. Good multis but what hurt you was a lack of metaphors IMO. Nothing really jumped out at me like wow that's a sick concept. The flow was there but it all felt rather pedestrian

Manhattan- I agree that ur length gave u a huge advantage. Because to be honest I wasn't feeling the first quarter of ur verse. I'm not a fan of "tion" rhymes and schemes involving them. It's too easy. And while u did ur best in that section it still came off as elementary to an extent. Once u moved past that , the verse moved into the realm of excellent. Especially liked the katana line. But really the whole thing after the initial stumble was quotable. And it exuded energy. With interesting concepts. Good work

Vote- hattan

Saint
11-08-2015, 03:39 AM
I have Hattan overall... Had about three good sequences w/ the Gerard butler, Joan rivers etc..

Chyeahhh came alright. Liked the hasselholf, but some of it seemed fillerish

V hattan

Useless
11-09-2015, 02:08 PM

--- u had a cool verse, wasn't feelin a couple lines but I enjoyed it for the most part.

Vs.

But forget about palmin a 'matic, these thoughts that I'm havin'll blow you off of the map along w/ ya ratchet
In my city there's bad blood, so I'm grippin a black snub.. blow ya brains out while you sit in the bath tub
You don't live what you rap, I'm aimin at ya whip if you act up...
They won't know if somebody emptied a clip on ya van or if it got hit by a Mack Truck

--- this verse was pretty good. Imma overlook the fact that most of ur bars were stretched wayyyy the fuck out cuz u already acknowledged it. Even tho they was stretched the flow didn't suffer. The whole verse flowed smoothly and u had some good lines. That Dr Manhattan line was fire.

V. Manhattan