PDA

View Full Version : Week 15 Mag: Light in the Tunnel

Adonis
11-07-2015, 02:16 PM
~Week 15 Mag: The Light in the Tunnel~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOys4uYn-b0

~Intro~

First off, I am going to make this mag short so I can get started on the next mag which I have high hopes for.

I went through and updated all of the records, I was off on a few stats including 2k, Timless, Frank, ULLR, Jesodist and a few others. Most of which I simply missed a no-show, but I accidently attributed 2k with like 4 extra loses at some point, my bad bro. Anyways, as you can see this week is huge.

*IMPORTANT*

I have decided that there should be a bit of an advantage for the higher seed participants. So for the opening round the higher seeds will get to select there own topic. You will have one day to do so until I pick it for you. Same goes for the second round, but after that, topics will be picked by me or LARS.

How this will work is simple.
rd. 1.

seeds 1-4 get a bye, they will select a topic for rd. two out of a package that I picked.

5v12
6v11
7v10
8v9

Higher seeds picks the topic out of a packet I provide, lower seed can no request a change.

rd. 2 is simple, anyone who had a bye will have already selected there topic and this too will be final.

Reasoning I felt like there was no incentive for having a good record other then getting a bye, and those who outperformed others should be rewarded, much like in any professional sport other then soccer, the person with the higher seed gets the extra home game, thus my reasoning.

~Feature artist: Gunplay~

http://i.imgur.com/qn8YXdZ.jpg

Gunplay comes out of Carol City, Florida. Dude has some of the cleanest pure flow you will hear out today. He is a ruggid rapper signed to Mayach who also has a contract with Def Jam. Dude is as real as they come. Raw lyircs, usually about drugs and bitches, he's bout that life on the real. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbbQb9bEcDQ

His verse don't kick in until near the end of this track, but it's a dope video even if it is mostly Lamar

Adonis
11-07-2015, 02:18 PM
~Week 15 Battle Reviews~

The Law defeats Asylum 4-1

Voters had this one correct, although neither verse was amazing, but each had high spots. You both took a minute to gain steam, and the imagery in either was decent enough. From the star wars to the gore of bleeding out, you both provided lasting images and painted me a scene while I read on. Conceptually, LAW took this with ease. While I feel like he may have went the easy route, he executed it extremely well. Two solid verses in reality, but again, nothing groundbreaking and breathe taking.

CopyPat routes Jesodist 5-2

This was a fun battle here, I enjoyed each of your verses but thought Copy hit it right on the head. He provided a short and light verse with literally no fat on it, pun intended. Jeso went more traditional topical which is always tough to beat copy due to his out of left field style. I think voters got this one correct although I think it's much closer then a three vote win.

VividlyVague decapitates Flo Real 5-0

For me, this battle was much closer then the 5-0 outcome, although I do get it, because I would have voted Vivid as well, so maybe the voters all said it was close too, not sure. Flo wrote of a father son battle where the son lived a troubled life of whips and fists and ended up dying and going to heaven. Vivid wrote about the end of the world, but one line made this verse, one concept rather. He said something along the lines of history repeating itself, mayans and Y2K, but eluded to the concept of the end not being a date. This made me think of the slow end, and how it has clearly begun. Dope verse here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ7kSBHShWY

Mr. J throws in the towel, Godcomplex dominates 5-0

Buddha was the clear cut winner here for actually providing a finished product. He penned a rather unique verse, one I wish I had more time to decipher because the concept, at least what I took it as, is rather intriguing. A man of faith, an Israeli believer in god, a martyr, a sacrificial lamb. This man was put to death for believing in the AMERICAN GOD I assume. This could actually be a movie, no joke. I enjoyed the verse from the imagery to being able to enter the mind of a believer, that unwavering faith, that strength of heart that can not be penetrated, I envy them, really do. In any case, this verse hit home for me and is my favorite of the week easy along Vivid's conceptual work of art. Solid outing.

Exis Blanks 2K 4-0

I would have voted 2k here honestly. I think conceptually he actually went for something even if it was hard to follow, he kept focused and hunkered down. Execution wasn't there, but in comparison to previous works, it really was. Meanwhile Exis went the more comical route in dissing 2k to talking about his own girl being fucked to the government, I don't, this too was all over the place and ended on a high note, IDK? For what it's worth exis, it did flow well, not sure who that errant free post was directed at because I don't read votes, but they were wrong. And 2k, one of your better verses I think. Still not as good as you were dropping at PR, but you're getting closer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQB59MnxxME

~No Show Shine~

Nigma – This was the best verse of the week, and, yet again, fell on deaf ears. I loved the format, that back and forth made for more excitement in my mind, and thank you for changing the colors, I can actually see it this time. So, the concept I'm sure is not the most original considering the saying is a very old and over used one, the title I mean, but you executed it superbly. The voices bounced off each other providing more depth while giving background or character development. All in all, this is actuall one of the better verses of the season I must say, nothing really wrong about. Even some of the wording read awkward, but it all lined up and made sense and just gave a different angle. Dope read, thank you.

Rakontur – Wrote about a suicide or death of sorts, I assume suicide because you say he's coming home, which I guess could still mean heaven or hell, so in that area the execution was not as clear as it could have been. Enjoyed the short verse though, the imagery was there. Zero character development or background however. Solid read that is but average this week.

Adonis
11-07-2015, 02:19 PM
~Week 16 Prediction~

The Play In Matches

4-1 VividlyVague vs. 4-3 NYCSPITZ

Scenario: Winner makes the playoffs, Loser has a chance but will be left up to just that, chance.

Prediction: This is a strange play in match because I honestly believe, and I know I'm not the only one, think this could just as easily be the championship in the finals. Who ever makes the playoffs will no doubt be the dark horse given the low seed, and will be on upset alert every battle. Vivid has been on another level lately though, dropping clean work that strikes with high marks regarding flow, imagery and anything else you judge with. NYC might be a bit rusty, but I don't think that really happens to him to be honest. Dude is a monster and probably my favorite writer over the past 2 years, although that will be subject to change real quick as he quickly has stopped writing over the past year. Should be a great battle. Vivid 51%

8-5 Mr. J vs. 3-8 Timeless

Scenario: Timeless wins and he's in. Loses and he's out.

Prediction: Mr. J has been on vacation honestly. I don't think he's over the league, just think he's been taking it easy in the dark, just waiting for the knock out rounds. Time should be highly motivated and post something worth reading, but given Jay's current trajectory, I really don't expect much in lieu of competition for another week here. But Jay is a wild car, and could be a bit motivated in playing spoiler. Timeless 74%

CHAMPION Nigma (9-2) vs. (3-0) The Law

Sceneraio: Simple, The Law wins and he's the number one seed while also knocking out a competitor who would have a better record then he. If LA loses, he's out, and would be relegated to spot fill round one in case of no show.

Prediction: Nigma has been far and away the best overall talent of the season, well, GC is close in my eyes, but other then that nobody's in site for a mile. So he should be heavily favored here, and will be considering if he loses he drops from the top seed to number 3 or 4. LA has dropped two really dope verses and one, last week, which is just ok. I don't think he has what it takes to overthrow the overlord, but again, motivation is key here, but will he fold under preassure? He will need a full length verse conceptually driven with some really good character connections and build up with emotion if he hopes to stand a chance here. Nigma 55%

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGZJdyrRpio&index=5&list=RDJWl5lfmr0qw

11-4 GodComplex vs. 4-4 Asylum

Scenario: Simple, if asylum posts a verse he's in the playoffs. If he wins he may get to choose his own topic rd. 1, if he loses he will be a lower seed looking up. If he no-show's he leaves it up to tie-breakers.

Prediction: For me, with exception of last week, over the span of about 5 weeks I think Asylum has been a top three writer in AOWL. But over the span of the season, GC is number one or two easy. So this really could be anyones game, but I know GC isn't the type to take any individual week off, and I'm not sure Asylum has what it takes unless he drops a top notch verse. Buddha 66%

3-6 Frank vs. 3-1 CopyPat

Scenario: Either way they will need help to make playoffs from competitors I will not mention because I don't want to sway voting, but whoever loses will be eliminated.

Prediction: I don't think Frank cares anymore, although he will forever be a wild card. Pat is that dude though, one of my favorite to read based off entertainment alone, but Frank is elite on any website. Still, I think Pat has what it takes, based off being motivated just a tad more. CopyPat 51%

3-8 2tripple0 vs. 2-1 Jesodist

Scenario: If 2k posts and votes he's in, if he wins this battle out right he will improve and potentially get a top seed in rd. 1. If Jesodist wins, he will have a small percentage chance at post season, but will need all sorts of help. Will likely be the 2nd person on the substitute list.

Prediction: 2K dropped a verse last week, an actual verse that had a sense of direction so maybe he has turned a corner. Jesodist has dropped a couple of solid verses and I think he's the better writer here, so with that said. JESODIST 55%

2-1 Exis vs. 1-5 Flo Real

Scenario: Exis needs a win and help all over in order to squeak in, but is likely battling in hopes of becoming a higher substitute for rd. 1.

Prediction: Exis is good with flow, but I can't recall a verse where he developed a character or concept fully. Flo Real has had the rawest break, dude has dropped some really dope verses, but by un-luck of the draw, has pulled the short straw every single week. He's due one more win if he shows. Flo Real 60%

~Non Play-In Match~

5-1 MMLP vs. 5-2 Rakontur

Scenario: Whoever wins is guaranteed a high seed, thus being able to choose a topic rd. 1. Whoever loses leaves it up to chance on whether they get the same choice rd. 1.

Prediction: This is a battle I've been waiting for personally. I think they have similar styles in that they drop short reads that have little fat and get straight to the point. This is a very evenly matched draw and should be close in terms of voting, unless Rak drops a no-show verse which he has been prone to this season. MMLP 52%

Adonis
11-07-2015, 02:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lfj4Hx8MGps

~Outro~

That's all folks. We have reached the finale. i'll be sending out a few questions for some of you regarding the season and awards and shit, so stay plugged in.

Razah
11-07-2015, 02:55 PM
Solid read bruh.

The Law
11-07-2015, 03:04 PM
Let's go Nigma
Get your stash ready

Mag was a great read. Appreciate all the hard work you guys put in.

MMLP
11-07-2015, 03:27 PM
Wheres our battle review timeless we pulled off a quality close 5-3 match up?

Adonis

Adonis
11-07-2015, 03:57 PM
Did I miss one? I'll add it at some point today

timeless
11-07-2015, 05:47 PM
True lol cool lil mag

Nigma
11-07-2015, 06:10 PM
For a mag that was supposedly suppose to be some light work in sacrifice of the one next week, this was awesome man. The battle previews and scenarios was my fav part, really put things into perspective. Well done piecing that all together

Let's go Nigma
Get your stash ready

Mag was a great read. Appreciate all the hard work you guys put in.

Don't threaten me with a good time. If I beat you AND Exo I'll be crowned king of the internet

The Law
11-07-2015, 07:10 PM
Don't threaten me with a good time. If I beat you AND Exo I'll be crowned king of the internet

Well I have to take what your taking. Our brains need to be on the same fucked up playing field.

Exis
11-07-2015, 07:57 PM
I would have voted 2k here honestly.

Lmfao...thank fuck you don't vote then, everyone's record would be reversed.

Adonis
11-07-2015, 08:17 PM
Anyone got suggestions for a feature artist holler

Looking at you Exis

You write like you listen to the shit I do

UnbornBuddha
11-07-2015, 08:40 PM
Excellent mag,

Question, I don't really understand any of this seed play off thing, can you explain. Also are those in the higher seed not completing in the first round, did I understand this correctly?

Adonis
11-07-2015, 10:31 PM
Excellent mag,

Question, I don't really understand any of this seed play off thing, can you explain. Also are those in the higher seed not completing in the first round, did I understand this correctly?

The top four seeds will get a first round bye (seeds 1-4)

seeds 5-12 will match up as follows

5 v 12
7 v 10
8 v 9
6 v 11

The lower seeds (5,6,7, & 8) will select there own topic out of a packet I provide to represent home field advantage.

Round two will ensue following proper seeding example...

1 v 5
4 v 10
3 v 9
2 v 11

This follows traditional brackets via NBA or MLB regarding seeding, Hockey re-seeds, I can not.

So, round 2 will again favor the high seeds or 1-4. This time they get to pick a topic from the provided packet.

The only tricky thing is in order to get the advantage you must select a topic ASAP so I can provide the topic for the rest of the league.

Hope this clarifies.

Nigma
11-07-2015, 10:53 PM
That's a really good format in my opinion. Avoids menage et trios as well

Exis
11-07-2015, 11:17 PM
Anyone got suggestions for a feature artist holler

Looking at you Exis

You write like you listen to the shit I do

You listen to what? Vulgar has told me for years I write on some Wu Tang shit...I'm not a topical head, I write brag pieces...I don't expect to win anythin' here, nothin' I write has ever exceeded 30 minutes...I key every piece...

Copy will back that up...

Only joined this league to get your boyfriend Lars off my balls ;) & I'm 2 -1...so no complaints.

Adonis
11-07-2015, 11:31 PM
You listen to what? Vulgar has told me for years I write on some Wu Tang shit...I'm not a topical head, I write brag pieces...I don't expect to win anythin' here, nothin' I write has ever exceeded 30 minutes...I key every piece...

Only joined this league to get your boyfriend Lars off my balls ;) & I'm 2 -1...so no complaints.

Current favorites are

Gunplay
Kd
ILLFIGHTYOU

Listen to a lot of beats though.

Bambu is dope.
Cunninglynguist for sure

Can't think of shit right now.

Currensy
Khris P
Willie the kid
K dot
School boy Q

Exis
11-07-2015, 11:51 PM
I listen to no one you listed...I'm into Vinnie Paz, Jus Allah, Celph Titled, Apathy, Ces Cru, Rittz, Twista, Hanger 18, Jarren...tbh Bambu is wack to me.

YDK
11-08-2015, 01:36 AM
Dopeness as always.

And outta curiosity is my seeding based on my end record when I tried to sign out or after the couple matches I lost after requesting a sign out lol

Adonis
11-08-2015, 02:04 AM
Dopeness as always.

And outta curiosity is my seeding based on my end record when I tried to sign out or after the couple matches I lost after requesting a sign out lol

Overall record.

4_4

Is better then 4-1 anyways

YDK
11-08-2015, 02:23 AM
Overall record.

4_4

Is better then 4-1 anyways

Ah okay lol idc either way just wondering which counted lol

e11even
11-10-2015, 03:53 AM
Current favorites are

Gunplay
Kd
ILLFIGHTYOU

Listen to a lot of beats though.

Bambu is dope.
Cunninglynguist for sure

Can't think of shit right now.

Currensy
Khris P
Willie the kid
K dot
School boy Q

Has no one heard of King Los? His freestyle game is unreal.

e11even
11-10-2015, 03:56 AM
Btw awesome mag bro. Fuck. I read everything. Very insightful stuff, these analytics.

sral
11-10-2015, 08:15 AM
I've been a slacking faggot lately. Sorry bruhs.

Burn out.

sral
11-10-2015, 08:15 AM
Has no one heard of King Los? His freestyle game is unreal.

I have and I'm in the UK, so I'm pretty sure these guys should!

e11even
11-10-2015, 11:19 PM
I have and I'm in the UK, so I'm pretty sure these guys should!

Listened to Witt Lowry for the first time tonight. He's a whiny little bitch but this is Def worth a listen. Dude sounds like MMLP Eminem circa Kim, but less violent.

Songs of mention- Move On... I forget the rest lol.

Mix - Witt Lowry - Move On (Official Music Video): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSsE_G39F0Y&list=RDbSsE_G39F0Y

sral
11-13-2015, 07:21 AM

lmao me and adonis are far from friends

we co-exist for the greater good

but we more like charles xavier and magneto tbh

2tripple0
11-13-2015, 11:18 AM
Great mag thanks everyone involved in the build up