PDA

View Full Version : The Mag: Finals Preview

Adonis
12-18-2015, 09:39 PM
~Feature Artist: Big Krit~

We all know who he is, this first track is my favorite song in a long long time though. New Mix tape is dope as fuck, these are all from there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryJuzQwnhVA

~Tale Of The Tape~

VividlyVague: 8-1

Beats Sovereign 5-2
Beats Timeless 6-4
Loss MMLP 0-7
Beats Adonis 3-2
Beats Flo Real 5-0
Beats NYCSPITZ via NS

Playoffs
Beats 2Tripple0 5-0
Beats Nigma 5-0
Beats Razah 4-0

Though Vivid signed in late he had some marquee victories over playoff caliber talent in Adonis and Timeless, though took a huge hit in losing to MMLP 0-7. His post season wins over Nigma and Razah are huge, however, GC also picked up a win against Razah so that makes one of his four major wins awash.

VividlyVague Season V Stat Sheet

Playoff Wins: 3
Final Vote Tally: 38-15 (.717%)

Marquee Wins

Timeless, Adonis, Nigma & Razah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrmksYZfgv0

GodComplex: 12-5

Loss Razah 2-3
Beats Tyson via NS
Loss Mr. J 1-4
Beats Zinaii via NS
Beast Asylum 4-2
Avenges Razah 4-0
Beats Dancake via NS
Loss YDK 0-6
Beats NYCSPITZ 4-0
Beats Ullr 4-0
Beats Razah via NS
Loss EtH 1-6
Beats Frank via DQ
Avenges Mr. J 5-0
Loss Asylum 0-4

Playoffs

Beats MMLP 4-1
Avenges Asylum 5-0

GodComplex battled everyone just about, not only that but he was able to avenge over half of his losses. He competed every single week except for one, not including his playoff bye. He has a stellar resume, though had five victories by NS or DQ which is the reason behind Vivid having more votes cast for.

GodComplex Season V Stat Sheet

In-season titles: 1
Title Defences: 1
Undefeated in Contenders Match: 2-0
Season V Championship record 2-2
Playoff Wins: 2
Avenged Loss: 3
Final Vote Tally: 34-26 (.567%)

Marquee wins

Asylum x2, Razah, MMLP, Ullr & Mr. J

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7h7hRLgT5E

In Conclussion

There is no going around it, GC has Vivid in every single meassurable aspect through out the season other then percentage of votes cast for, which Vivid actually dominated the league with.

GodComplex Trumps Vivid's Resume

~Final Four Battle Reviews~

GodComplex Defeats Asylum

GC: I liked this verse, but I think you could have done so much more with the concept in all honesty. I feel like that ending of killing God could have been drug out for effect most notably, but also using the correct tense of “PAST” would have been great in the beginning. In any case, this reminds me of an EYEdea track which I won't get into, about heaven and angels though. I liked the somber feel you were able to give me, even the guy who was chosen to kill God, you didn't go into detail pertaining to his emotions or torn soul on whehter or not to kill God, but I still got a sense of emotions given the context. A solid verse but stellar concept in which I fully enjoyed.

Asylum:

Dope concept, not the greatest progression though. I mean it progressed fine, but you spent time in places you didn't need to, then not enough time on the places that really could have opened this verse up. It seemed a bit keyed honestly, but still, a really dope story. History meets fantasy of sorts, I like that concept a lot. The way you utilized the picture worked well, but incorporating ancient egyptian gods was dope. This shit just interests me a lot and is, in all honesty, damn near always on my mind. You should see how many documentary's I've watched on egypt, you know it's out of hand when you four year old daughter knows shit that adults don't regarding the pyramids and that period in time. In any case, while I rather enjoyed the verse, it seemed like it was missing something. I probably would have given you my vote regardless though because you choice in route of the topic is simply right up my ally. But, GC had the better verse, so it would have been a toss up for me. Still, good shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rewTqYhXyzo

VividlyVage Defeats Razah

Vivid: One big issue I had was you began with shrooms and somewhere along the way turned acid. Doens't matter, the verse was dope story with just enough detail to not make it annoying or childish I guess. While the humorous end was cool, I wasn't a fan of it, but I can't fault you there because after that crazy story where else could you really go? I think this verse, if you had the proper motivation, could be fleshed out into a superb epic of sorts, alas, it seemed a bit rushed and pounded out but entertaining to the max none the less. Thoroughly enjoyed regardless, this was CopyPat-esque, captivatingly mind bending with solid mechanics. Would crack my top 20 of the season for sure based off entertainment alone easy.

Razah: This verse was penned nicely, primarily the flow and cadence, but the thought provoking. concept alone was, well, engrossing I guess, maybe head scratching but in a good way. It made me think is what I'm saying. I'm not 100, but I think I would have given you my vote for what it's worth, which aint shit in all honesty. No matter, this verse was straight to the point. No where near as trippy as you could have gone, but I feel like you did that on purpose. You made a serious verse, one which was introspective and had me ponder a few worldly concepts while given a topic that just doesn't reflect that on first glance. Still seemed too short, as always, but still, some solid individual lines and thoughts in there. Enjoyable read, thank you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ptfmujvVqU

~Predicting The Finals~

GodComplex vs. VividlyVague

This will be a tough vote I'm sure, though in all honesty I think Vivid has a style that matches perfectly against God's and gives him a slight edge for being voter friendly as evidenced by his .71% voting tally. In order for GC to edge this one out he will need to drop something deep, but on easy on the eyes on the surface. He will need consistent flow and an above average rhyme scheme coupled with well executed concept. In order for Vivid to ensure a win here, he will need to write something the reader can connect with. He will need utilize a flow that doesn't falter while pumping out a concept that makes the reader think a bit while sticking to what got him here, which is executing said concept in a manner for any reader to understand.

In the end, I'm turnt for this battle to say the least. And with that said

VividlyVague 50.00000000001% Favorite

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HK8nS1G-I3A

~Outro~

It's been a great season. From Dr. Dog to Frank to Lars, we had many a mod but we finally found a way to push through with a mix of Lars and myself. This turned out to be one of the most successful season ever in the five years of AOWL. you have posted some amazing verses, thank you all competitors.

My final efforts as MOD will be THE WINTER TOPICAL

Been modding and or helping Certain since season one except for spurts. It's time we get some new blood to step up. Adios for now. And here's hoping someone does step up because I really want to compete.

G/Luck in the finals Ladies

Adonis
12-18-2015, 09:40 PM
Razah Godcomplex Vividlyvague asylum

Razah
12-18-2015, 10:46 PM
Cool shit bruh.

And yo, with the whole "worldly" concepts, that kind of sums up the few trips I've had on shrooms. During those time, I felt like I understood everything about life. Sadly, I sober up.

It's been a long time since I've shroomed. Hmm

e11even
12-18-2015, 11:45 PM
Great mag bro! I'm looking forward to my battle with GC. I know he's gonna bring it.

UnbornBuddha
12-20-2015, 03:55 PM
Adonis the mag master. I'm happy to have read this.

e11even
12-22-2015, 11:02 PM
Adonis the mag master. I'm happy to have read this.

posted :)

Hopefully voting will start shortly thereafter.

Adonis
12-23-2015, 12:48 AM

I'm going to open the tourney sign ups the day after its open and guarantee a spot to whoever votes on it.

Adonis
12-23-2015, 12:49 AM
Tourney will begin after the first though.

UnbornBuddha
12-23-2015, 01:44 AM

Goodluck Vividly.

e11even
12-23-2015, 05:21 AM
GL GC

Vulgar
12-30-2015, 03:55 AM
Nice mag.

e11even
12-30-2015, 06:08 PM
Adonis the match is 5-0. When is the voting window closed?