PDA

View Full Version : The LGPA Mag: Season 2 First Edition

Objective
01-07-2016, 08:11 PM
http://www.wafflebant.com/www1/img/season2/subtitle_season2.png

First of all: Welcome to 2016! Second of all: Fuck you. Just kidding (not really) but we've made a few resolutions this year and one of them is to get LGPA to completion and run it better. (Sorry Frank for leading LGPA before shutdown and not getting rewarded, he along with a couple others had a great run.

This however is not something we take on lightly hence our new year resolution for the LGPA to reach completion. (This is also our nr.1 priority.) A lot of people had an outstanding run or submitted great pieces, and we thank those who participated in the last season. It was our first season here at NC and TBH i think it was a success considering this type of medium was never around before the LPGA here at NC. Considering the level of activity these types of boards have had these past years, add all that. We still had consistent voting and showings. Unlike last year we also want to keep a consistent Mag every week at most, and every 2 weeks at the least with varying degrees of content and hope you'll enjoy it as much as we hated writing it. This is our new years resolution nr.2. We hope the first two weeks showed promise and can't wait to see what your neglected minds can muster up this time around.

A new rule is to be included for week 3 and the coming weeks as well: No shows will be reinforced a bit more this season. 1 no show gets you a loss for that week, second straight no show gets you 2 losses. three total no shows you get booted for a week. anything beyond that you're booted for the season.
We got 12 weeks, and if a recombined match up can happen we will match you up with someone else so come strong even if you suspect your opponent will no-show, we will try our best to match you up to an opponent with similar win/loss ratio but this is not a constant. No whining is to be tolerated, if you want to win you will match up against an equally or stronger opponent when it really matters either way so look upon it as a learning experience.

Consider yourself extremely lucky if we can't recombine and you get a win based on this. Mods (Innovator/Vulgar) and Objective will be recombined first.

Now a look at the competition

Poet Profile

@Frank
what can be said about this dude. hes a dickhead who plays games with people and thinks hes above the entire league. with that said. dude is a force to be reckoned with. he writes epics each time he posts. i don't know how much effort goes in to each drop but i do know that whatever he writes can with stand almost any opponent he faces. he has a way of telling stories that not to many can match. his creative drive is one to gawk at with amazement. Last season he came in late an impressed each an every week. aside from the controversy, the writing stood out and always will. His style is very nonchalant almost to a point that he disrespects his opponents talent or ability to match him. Definitely one of the top writers here. Look for him to write circles around you.

@Vulgar: A Veteran of NC, A veteran of the internet. this kid has been around since the moving avatars. back when crews was still hype. Hes old as shit at 25(right?). all jokes aside this guy is one of the all time greats when speaking about this Netcee shit. i mean that in general. Truly an original in every sense of the word, his style is like no other. his references are unique and serve as a window to his real life, although obscure at times. Each verse he posts seems personal and well thought out. A meticulous writer with a knack for bountiful language and a pedigree to back it up.

@Objective:Another old head whose been around for a quite a while. A very honest posters. it shows in his poetry as well. very sincere and upfront with every meaning and every line wrote. A poet who is very deliberate with his words and imagery. objective doesn't delve to much into the abstract topics. thriving on whats given and taking that and creating layers and depth. kind of funny a poet who is very literal yet has a wide range of creativity, word use and imagery. no slouch among the big boys as objective can take out any opponent in any given week.

@Adonis(aka Rakontur):Fucking guy, took me half the season to figure out it was you. anyway. Adonis is weird and so is his writing. nah im jk, srsly though Adonis has a way with adding so much with so little. he seems to favor a smaller structure in this league. a move that really aids his style. before this league i only new adonis the topical writer..and i always thought it had a hint of poetic foundation. last season was an impressive one for Rakontur, almost going undefeated and defending a tittle match. An underrated writer, a prolific writer with a great imagination.

@Grafx:An unkown to NC but hes been around RB for a while. A great poet voice with a sound sense of the basics. tbh im down playing this dude. hes dope. i know most of you wont agree but ive seen some of his work and he can write with the best of them. im thinking once he starts to compete here he will appreciate the comp and stick around. hes the tpe of writer only looking to advance and basically keep beefing up NC's writer stable. looking forward to seeing him pt down his skill set and showcase his talent here at NC,Welcome.

@Mr. J:A topical veteran and an open mic beast, J is another competitor not to sleep on at all. the only hang up with him is his motivation. when motivated he can beat any one at any time no questions asked, but flip that coin and he wont even sign in lol. thats J tbh, a talent whens hes around. dope writer and hope to see him post more in this league.

@Slecht: Dont know him. goodluck bro.

@Innovator:that is a poet yo.

http://i.imgur.com/Vqf1Koc.jpg?1

Objective's spoken word of the week

Sage Francis - The best of Times. I'm starting off rather light with an artist most of us are familiar with. Kind of in a grey area whether it's considered spoken word or not but I think it fits the topic. Thought it would be a great introduction to this section and will go more in depth later on with a few of my favorite pieces and slowly progress towards the (hopefully) lesser known pieces out there.

And with this, I present to you the best of times:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIMVrEsYygU

[Guest spot, do you want to contribute? Hit me up!]

Rankings

Vulgar - 2:0-(0)
Objective - 2:0-(0)
Adonis - 1:0-(0)
Mr.J - 1:1-(0) (1NS)
Innovator 0:2-()
Frank - 0:2-(0)
Grafx - 0:0-(0)
Slecht - 0:0-(0)

Opted In for Week 3:
Adonis
Frank
grafx
Innovator
Mr.J
Objective
Vulgar
Slecht:

Week IV Match Ups & Predictions

Vulgar Vs Adonis

This isa clash of 2 completely different styles by 2 very capable poets. each bring their own chosen weapon of poetry. each marksmen in their own respective right. Vulgar comes with alot of experience along with a great backing of poetry. adonis from my knowledge is mostly topical but his poetic sense always seems through and hes suited for this league. great patch up tbh and it could very well end up going either....hope to see a great showing from both and goodluck

Vulgar 55/50

Frank Vs Objective

some would call this lopsided match seeing franks reputation, but i feel like objective shines in situation like this. when put up against some who is considered to be a great or close to it. objective always brings it and i dont doubt that he will bring his best against frank. hopefully Franks shows and he drops some heat to complement objectives effort. looking forward to this match what comes out of it.

Frank 55/50

2tripple0 Vs Slecht

a match of new comers to the league. slecht showed last week and put together a nice little piece..still to early to determine his strengths yet. 2trip aint so new but hes new this season. he dropped some good stuff last season and almost hit his stride but decided to bounce..good to have him back in the fold. this should be a good match.

2tripple 60/40

Innovator Vs grafx

grafx i know from RB and hes pretty dope with the pen. a poetry vet and topical vet on RB dude can hang and im excited to see him post here with better comp...if it actually shows lol. Innovator is a great poet yo and should probably wipe the floor with grafx tbh. i mean that nigga dont know whats gonna hit him yo...poet hands all in his piece yo.

(Hope you enjoyed the read you ungrateful fucks.)

Inno
01-11-2016, 05:00 PM
Adonis slecht grafx Objective Frank

Adonis
01-11-2016, 05:04 PM
Good shit boys

Much appreciated and I dig the red layout, makes it easier to read

slech
01-11-2016, 08:04 PM
word , looks good!

slech
01-11-2016, 08:05 PM
I was about to sign out but this mag changed my mind. haha

Frank
01-11-2016, 09:14 PM
Peace, sry about last week. No excuses, Dope mag.

Ppreciate it

grafx
01-11-2016, 11:56 PM
Nice mag man

2tripple0
01-14-2016, 10:02 AM
Hopefully going to find time for this...at least it's not a round robin like the winter tournament....more time to spend on this league.....as long as everything goes down like I was hoping....but never foretell future events so I hope I have enough time to spend on this league..

Objective
01-15-2016, 02:33 AM
Fuck yeah, the mag! :) Dope set up with the colors etc. Innovator, I know I said that in the PM too I think but ye, it looks cool. I like the addition with the Season II-title which wasn't incorporated in the original sketch so cool lil detail there as well. Good job on the predictions, only thought I got is that you might want to change the 55/50 to 55/45 so it adds up to 100. Easy mistake unless it was done on purpose and I'm missing out on something.

Looking forward to the rest of the league and helping out on future mags. :)

Adonis
01-15-2016, 02:38 AM
Peace, sry about last week. No excuses, Dope mag.

Ppreciate it

Scared is the only acceptable excuse

Adonis
01-15-2016, 02:40 AM
Just noticed my record is wrong. Beat Mr. J and Frank

Objective
01-15-2016, 08:49 AM
Just noticed my record is wrong. Beat Mr. J and Frank

Noted. Will fix it up in the next Mag. Thanks for pointing it out.

2tripple0
01-16-2016, 02:59 PM
Can't wait to find out how much they going to reveal the position of which members are and have done for this to take place so I'm just adding comments to my beliefs for the league and others to take it as to practice it