Adonis
01-14-2016, 09:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-Y7xT5XTVw

Enjoy

Cimmerian
01-14-2016, 10:04 PM
Witty vs. Cimmerian
Topic: Vanity Fare

You do understand that Vanity Fare, which is distinct from the novel and magazine entitled Vanity Fair, is UK pop group for the 60s?

You want me to write a rap about them?

Pinot Grij
01-14-2016, 10:06 PM
Yea, Adonis - I'm not sure if it's a typo or a play on words in this case.

Adonis
01-14-2016, 10:06 PM
You do understand that Vanity Fare, which is distinct from the novel and magazine entitled Vanity Fair, is UK pop group for the 60s?

You want me to write a rap about them?

Write about whatever you can.

I did not know that and fair is a different word. I meant the topic to be more along the lines of, Vanity fare = The Price of being Vain

But whatever you can create from it is an endless possibility.

Pinot Grij

not sure if that clarified, maybe I'm using wrong tense?

Vanities Fare?

Argh
01-14-2016, 10:12 PM
No images this week? Boo...

Pinot Grij
01-14-2016, 10:21 PM
Adonis The proper term is Vanity Fair. That's where the confusion comes in. Vanity Fare does not exist. Vanity Fair is a very common phrase based upon a classic novel and popular contemporary magazine.

Adonis
01-14-2016, 10:30 PM
Adonis The proper term is Vanity Fair. That's where the confusion comes in. Vanity Fair does not exist. Vanity Fare is a very common phrase based upon a classic novel and popular contemporary magazine.

That's two different things though.

I'm lost to this type of shit because I'm self educated in all things

But to me, Vanity Fare clearly means the price of being into ones self

Vanity Fair means the, well a few things but none of which is what I intended.

Either way, Cimmerian or Witty are more then welcome to use either fair/fare for inspiration

Or I can change it, makes no difference. Wish I were smarter.

and Argh

sorry bout not doing picks. I just hosted AOWL, this sites version of RHYME, just hosted the playoffs with 6 straight weeks of photos then 16 photos this week. Running out of shit to search for as far as images go. I did ask for help though, nobody cared then

Adonis
01-14-2016, 10:31 PM
Pent uP

delete your fucking inbox bro. HAHA

I actually just discovered a little tab where you can delete everything at once.

Pent uP
01-14-2016, 10:34 PM
Yeah man i know about the tab.
Im not lazy im a hoarder of memories

Cimmerian
01-14-2016, 10:40 PM
Write about whatever you can.

I did not know that and fair is a different word. I meant the topic to be more along the lines of, Vanity fare = The Price of being Vain

But whatever you can create from it is an endless possibility.

Pinot Grij

not sure if that clarified, maybe I'm using wrong tense?

Vanities Fare?

I'm just razzing you. I'll come up with something. Thanks for hosting.

Certain
01-14-2016, 11:10 PM
Battle of the week has to be Pinot Grij vs. Soulstice, two of my five favorite writers on this site. But Cimmerian vs. Witty with its topic debacle should be fun.

Godcomplex vs. Pent uP
Topic: Dreams of Reality

dead man vs. PiE
Topic: The Quick And The Dead

TYSON vs. Razah
Topic: Dark Fantasy

Argh vs. Mr. J
Topic: Everything I Have

Frank vs. Vividlyvague
Topic: Summer of Love

NYCSPITZ vs. Diode
Topic: A Lull In The End

Pinot Grij vs. Soulstice
Topic: Finding of Soul

Witty vs. Cimmerian
Topic: Vanity Fare

Objective
01-15-2016, 02:24 AM
Fuck, I completely forgot about this! Haven't logged on the site since sunday or monday or so. Sorry for no-showing Adonis. Good luck to you and everyone else with the rest of the tournament though. :)

Witty
01-15-2016, 09:24 AM
This will be good. I always get the person I consider to be the favourite in round 2 lol but that's good...that's why I enter these tournaments, I consider myself on par with anyone, and battles like this are when I have to walk the walk. God knows I'm going to have to write my ass off, and I plan to. It will be a pleasure Cimmerian, I am a big fan of your work, let's make it memorable.

Diode
01-15-2016, 09:33 AM
aren't we vindictive?

Witty
01-15-2016, 09:34 AM
Are we?

Diode
01-15-2016, 10:18 AM
was in reference to adonis, not you, fox friend.

Certain
01-15-2016, 11:01 AM
aren't we vindictive?

Haven't you beaten NYCSPITZ?

Edit: Never mind.

Soulstice
01-15-2016, 12:34 PM
GodComplex vs. Pent uP - botw candidate
Dead Man vs. Pie - dont know enough about pie
Tyson vs. Razah - razah is definitely underrated
Argh vs. Mr. J - dark horse upset potential, thought BE was a little rusty rhymeswise
Frank vs. VividlyVague - another botw candidate
NYCSPITZ vs. Diode - havent read much of diode but hear good things
Pinot Grij vs. Soulstice - good luck. another stylistic clash (although pinot style is pretty unique anyway)
Witty vs. Cimmerian - I read some old school cimm verses and thought they were tight. botw candidate #3.

dope matchups.

Diode
01-15-2016, 02:21 PM
so i mean this is definitely arbitrary assignment, right? there can't possibly be a bracket, because GodComplex should have TYSON easily (in the event GodComplex is #1 seed).

grafx
01-15-2016, 02:29 PM
oh shit this is a tournament lol. didn't see that when I joined... anyways will edit here later... good luck to everyone in rnd 2. sorry for week 1 dis appointing drop - also for lack of voting I didn't get done... will keep track of this tournament though - good luck to all.. will put predictions down on pad after work

Certain
01-15-2016, 02:58 PM
so i mean this is definitely arbitrary assignment, right? there can't possibly be a bracket, because GodComplex should have TYSON easily (in the event GodComplex is #1 seed).

I can't imagine Godcomplex being the No. 1 seed, with all respect to his recent Art of Writing League victory.

Witty
01-15-2016, 03:32 PM
I think he was though, judging from the first mag.

Adonis
01-15-2016, 04:23 PM
There's no Re seeding. Buddha was number one seed purely based on the fact he was fresh off the aowl title. He was matched with the winner of the 15/16 match. If there was Re seeding like the NFL he would face Tyson as he was the lowest seed to advance. But it's not, so I followed the bracket.

Diode
01-15-2016, 04:32 PM
if you do alts tho, there def should be reseeding.. there's no planet on which pent is a 15/16 seed lol

UnbornBuddha
01-15-2016, 04:42 PM
Plant any seed and let it flower and blossom.

Adonis
01-15-2016, 05:09 PM
if you do alts tho, there def should be reseeding.. there's no planet on which pent is a 15/16 seed lol

I hear you there. But that would have messed up the entire bracket and I didn't want to have to go back and do it. Pent was the only exception, and it sucks he fell into the top match, but every match up here is a great read and potential BOTW.

Theoretically you are correct, but this field is ridiculously competitive where no matter who you face (almost) is a beast. Every competitor with the exception of one has either won title, made a finals or at the very least made a deep push in a tourney. Every single one with the exception of Tyson.

Witty
01-15-2016, 06:31 PM
Da fuq is pie?

Adonis
01-15-2016, 06:37 PM
Da fuq is pie?

A previous champion

Cimmerian
01-15-2016, 07:45 PM
This will be good. I always get the person I consider to be the favourite in round 2 lol but that's good...that's why I enter these tournaments, I consider myself on par with anyone, and battles like this are when I have to walk the walk. God knows I'm going to have to write my ass off, and I plan to. It will be a pleasure Cimmerian, I am a big fan of your work, let's make it memorable.

Thanks, man. Good luck. Coincidentally, years ago, I dropped a verse entitled "Vanity Fair." I'll try to come up with something fresh.

asylum
01-16-2016, 06:39 AM
looking forward to the reading material! if yall need someone to write a sub verse in case of noshow get at me Adonis

Argh
01-16-2016, 10:58 AM
Argh, You were rather harsh in your analyzing of my story about Snow White & The Seven Dwarves. Why is that? Lolol You deemed it laborious, which I interpreted as you wanting to have my baby. I interpreted Laborious as in 9 months later, I was going to be your Topical Baby Father. It puzzles me how you felt the need to be so over analytical when you aren't in any position to be. You clearly don't deserve the spot before me. How on earth did you convince the higher ups that you were a 4th slot? Lolol. I would love to force you, out of your comfort zone one of these days.

After breezing through your writing with zero reaction. I can conclude, put simply, you are Simply superficial, Shallow and rather stale stylistically speaking, you are a Ditz and you write daintyly. I am dumbfounded that you have the audacity to belittle a superior writer?

Construct your fucking face

That is all.

Oh yeah,

and eat a dick

Frank ...So, I just read that. A few things:

I chose to vote on your battle because I thought both verses were interesting and showed promise. The feedback I left wasn't intended to hurt your feelings (which clearly it did). If you can't take constructive criticism at face value, then perhaps you should reconsider playing in this space.

The personal digs you make don't bother me, and I welcome the opportunity to square off against you, the "superior writer," any time.

Witty
01-16-2016, 12:47 PM
Thanks, man. Good luck. Coincidentally, years ago, I dropped a verse entitled "Vanity Fair." I'll try to come up with something fresh.

Tbh I'm struggling to come up with anything right now, fresh or otherwise lol I'll have a verse ready on time tho. Good luck to you too.

Frank
01-16-2016, 01:18 PM
Frank

The personal digs you make don't bother me, and I welcome the opportunity to square off against you, the "superior writer," any time.

I am also welcoming the opportunity for you to get your square off against me.

PiE
01-16-2016, 01:35 PM
I guess I better make the effort if I wanna take the dessert.. Gluck dead man

Razah
01-16-2016, 02:16 PM
Argh, You were rather harsh in your analyzing of my story about Snow White & The Seven Dwarves. Why is that? Lolol You deemed it laborious, which I interpreted as you wanting to have my baby. I interpreted Laborious as in 9 months later, I was going to be your Topical Baby Father. It puzzles me how you felt the need to be so over analytical when you aren't in any position to be. You clearly don't deserve the spot before me. How on earth did you convince the higher ups that you were a 4th slot? Lolol. I would love to force you, out of your comfort zone one of these days.

After breezing through your writing with zero reaction. I can conclude, put simply, you are Simply superficial, Shallow and rather stale stylistically speaking, you are a Ditz and you write daintyly. I am dumbfounded that you have the audacity to belittle a superior writer?

Construct your fucking face

That is all.

Oh yeah,

and eat a dick

lmao.

Frank
01-16-2016, 06:21 PM
B.E tampered with the original quote

Argh
01-16-2016, 07:05 PM
I removed exactly two words ("Voting Argh").

Adonis
01-16-2016, 09:40 PM
Franklin da God.

UnbornBuddha
01-17-2016, 04:45 PM
This is an exciting week. I myself, am done with my verse, time to wait now. I know Pent is going to bring it.

I see Cimmerian already posted, Witty don't no-show my friend, many of us are excited about the bout, don't let us down ;)

Cimmerian
01-17-2016, 04:48 PM
This is an exciting week. I myself, am done with my verse, time to wait now. I know Pent is going to bring it.

Wait for what?

UnbornBuddha
01-17-2016, 04:53 PM
Wait for what?

Good question, I assume your speaking on waiting on my part to post my verse. I am not fond of posting my verse too early before my opponent, every time I have I feel like they read it and find a way to counter it. But, that is probably due to my own deficiencies as a writer. I do like it when my opponent and I post early, that is something I very much enjoy, So posting early is not my conundrum. A good courageous writing spirit you have my friend.

Cimmerian
01-17-2016, 04:58 PM
Good question, I assume your speaking on waiting on my part to post my verse. I am not fond of posting my verse too early before my opponent, every time I have I feel like they read it and find a way to counter it. But, that is probably due to my own deficiencies as a writer. I do like it when my opponent and I post early, that is something I very much enjoy, So posting early is not my conundrum. A good courageous writing spirit you have my friend.

Let art shine, friend. True beauty does not fade.

UnbornBuddha
01-17-2016, 06:51 PM
Hear, hear!

Witty
01-19-2016, 03:59 AM
I will be posting tonight, sorry for keeping you waiting Cimmerian.

Cimmerian
01-19-2016, 08:11 AM
I will be posting tonight, sorry for keeping you waiting Cimmerian.

No pressure, here. If you need an extension, no worries.

Witty
01-19-2016, 04:15 PM
Thanks I actually might :/

Witty
01-19-2016, 04:45 PM
Ended up baby sitting :/ something - guess i gotta get used to lol

Cimmerian
01-19-2016, 05:13 PM
Ended up baby sitting :/ something - guess i gotta get used to lol

Haha. I'm a couple years from kids.

dead man
01-19-2016, 06:46 PM
yeah definitely no time for a solid verse tonight

PiE if you want to deny the ext, let me know.

you already have a 3 vote handicap. could you maybe cut me a break here?

Adonis
01-19-2016, 07:16 PM
I'm not going to close any battles until Wednesday around noon Pacific time. There's a chance I won't be able to until 4 but don't count on it. sraL if you're free lunch time tomorrow let the kids know when you can close them

Diode
01-19-2016, 08:28 PM
I'm not going to close any battles until Wednesday around noon Pacific time. There's a chance I won't be able to until 4 but don't count on it. sraL if you're free lunch time tomorrow let the kids know when you can close them

Noting this since bronchitis is kicking my ass and I just took hydrocodone cough syrup. Confirm we have til 3p ET tomorrow?

Adonis
01-19-2016, 08:41 PM
Noting this since bronchitis is kicking my ass and I just took hydrocodone cough syrup. Confirm we have til 3p ET tomorrow?

Yes, but only if you share the meds.

NYCSPITZ
01-19-2016, 10:33 PM
dead man

dead man
01-19-2016, 10:59 PM
Yeah that's 2pm my time. I'll be at work.

Tomorrow midnight is more feasible but I understand if that's the tourney rules you want to enforce.

Sorry PiE deadlines seem so far away until they're already here.

NYCSPITZ
01-19-2016, 11:12 PM
Pie dope ass verse tho homie but don't be a faggot, let him post

Razah
01-19-2016, 11:36 PM
Extensions huh?

*shrugs. Wish I could take advantage of that, tomorrow is going to be busier than today for me.

MMLP
01-20-2016, 07:24 AM
My paychecks go to my demons that build a wall against me

nice....

Adonis
01-20-2016, 07:43 AM
NYC verse received Diode

dead man when can you post?

Diablo
01-20-2016, 11:29 AM

if they're still open once I'm home from work I'll close them up

Witty
01-20-2016, 12:45 PM
I can post in a few hours.

If you have to close before that it's cool.

Pinot Grij
01-20-2016, 02:34 PM
Don't close mine and Soulstice's. For me, this is literally the first time I've had to sit down and write since the topics were posted. Worked 10 hr days everyday ever since threads went up. I've hardly had enough time to eat 3 square meals, let alone write. I'll be scribbling all day and have something up ASAP. Soulstice is cool with it and he can post whenever as well.

NYCSPITZ
01-20-2016, 03:03 PM
Shit this is such a talented field why not just let the rest post up with pint and soul? Would be a shame to lose potential hof caliber verses just due to a couple hrs in time constraints. ..we're grown men sometimes obstacles pop up...let them all write

dead man
01-20-2016, 03:09 PM
I agree with NYC but as they say, it is what it is.

I'm not going to post tonight. I won't have more than a few minutes available at a time. Better find an alternate.

It was definitely worth a shot. Good luck to everybody.

Diode
01-20-2016, 03:11 PM
still fighting death here but doing my best to put something together

Cimmerian
01-20-2016, 04:07 PM
If folks will commit to voting quickly, I humbly suggest that the deadline be extended to 9 p.m. EST on Thursday. That will give people over a full day vote by 11:59 p.m. EST on Friday.

Cimm.

Pinot Grij
01-20-2016, 04:48 PM
word

NYCSPITZ
01-20-2016, 05:13 PM
Agree with cimm

Argh
01-20-2016, 05:14 PM
These extensions are really disruptive to the voting window. I'm flying all day tomorrow and won't have an opportunity to vote before the deadline. It takes 15-30 minutes to keystyle a verse. Is half the league that strapped for time?

Mr. J
01-20-2016, 05:30 PM
We should just get a 'by' on votes Adonis

and by 'We' I mean me & Argh

Cimmerian
01-20-2016, 05:35 PM
We should just get a 'by' on votes Adonis

and by 'We' I mean me & Argh

Or y'all can vote at least on the other two open battles.

Witty
01-20-2016, 05:36 PM
These extensions are really disruptive to the voting window. I'm flying all day tomorrow and won't have an opportunity to vote before the deadline. It takes 15-30 minutes to keystyle a verse. Is half the league that strapped for time?

I can't speak for anyone else, but I certainly am. These days it's rare I have 30 minutes to myself apart from at weekends. I have a chance to sit down and write now though, so I'll be posting asap.

Argh
01-20-2016, 05:36 PM
It's just silly. I keystyled my verse during my one hour layover from Frankfurt to Amsterdam just to get it in on time. Then, half the league ignores the no extension rule. Why would we enforce some rules (voting penalty) and not others?

Pinot Grij
01-20-2016, 05:38 PM
Soulstice Posted. Thank you.

Argh
01-20-2016, 05:42 PM
I can't speak for anyone else, but I certainly am. These days it's rare I have 30 minutes to myself apart from at weekends. I have a chance to sit down and write now though, so I'll be posting asap.

If you don't really have time to write for this tournament, then you why did you sign up? There was a long list of writers vying for a spot who got turned away. I enjoy reading your stuff, so this isn't a personal attack...I'm just genuinely puzzled.

In the first two rounds of this tourney, there's been a crazy amount of no-shows and extensions. Maybe this is par for the course at Netcees and I'm just not used to it.

Witty
01-20-2016, 05:46 PM
It's just silly. I keystyled my verse during my one hour layover from Frankfurt to Amsterdam just to get it in on time. Then, half the league ignores the no extension rule. Why would we enforce some rules (voting penalty) and not others?

I'm fine with being dq'd, you would hear no complaints from me. I understand your point, although everyone is different, I literally could not write in an airport or any kind of public place, I have to be alone in complete silence...otherwise I can not begin to even think about an opening line, never mind a full verse, and unfortunately I rarely get that time to myself. As you said, there rules are clear for all to see so if I am dq'd then it's nobody's fault but mine, but I think people do this for enjoyment, both in writing and reading two verses in an awesome battle...I've ran many leagues and tournies and I find it better to work around people rather than be too stringent, a more relaxed structure produces better results imo but this is not my tournament so the mods should do as they deem fit.

Anyway, I'm going to write now..and whatever happens, happens...I'll post it in OM if I can't post in the battle.

Argh
01-20-2016, 05:46 PM

I'll vote on GC/Pent's battle early tomorrow morning (I'm on European time), a well as any others that are open. Skipping Frank's. My question about enforcing the voting penalty was more rhetorical than anything.

Witty
01-20-2016, 05:48 PM
If you don't really have time to write for this tournament, then you why did you sign up? There was a long list of writers vying for a spot who got turned away. I enjoy reading your stuff, so this isn't a personal attack...I'm just genuinely puzzled.

In the first two rounds of this tourney, there's been a crazy amount of no-shows and extensions. Maybe this is par for the course at Netcees and I'm just not used to it.

You're right to be puzzled. I do plan my days when I know I have to write to give myself the time to do so, but a lot of the time things come up that are completely out of the blue...like baby sitting last night...my girlfriend has a child (and I have one on the way :D) and she had to stay on late at work, so I had to look after the child. It's never done intentionally, but I also don't expect the tournament to be run around me, so I take whatever decision as it comes, I'd never complain.

Argh
01-20-2016, 05:51 PM
I've ran many leagues and tournies and I find it better to work around people rather than be too stringent, a more relaxed structure produces better results imo but this is not my tournament so the mods should do as they deem fit.

It's a fine balance. When everyone shows up and posts/votes on time, and the mags are consistent, I find it to be a much more enjoyable experience. Anyway, enough bantering with me...go discover your silence and write. :)

Mr. J
01-20-2016, 05:54 PM

Why ...

Adonis
01-20-2016, 06:30 PM
We'll get back on track with voting. I won't close something that does not have a sufficient count but I'd like to get back on some sort of schedule

Cimmerian
01-20-2016, 06:33 PM
Why ...

Because they need votes, Mr. Jefferson.

Mr. J
01-20-2016, 07:01 PM
Because they need votes, Mr. Jefferson.

You made me lol....I needed that

Witty
01-20-2016, 07:02 PM
Posted.

Witty
01-20-2016, 07:17 PM
Sorry again for the delay Cimmerian, all I need is an hour max to sit and formulate an idea and get it down, but that hour has been difficult to find this week lol I always feel bad when my opponent posts early and I delay posting, it honestly wasn't done intentionally.

Cimmerian
01-20-2016, 07:24 PM
Sorry again for the delay Cimmerian, all I need is an hour max to sit and formulate an idea and get it down, but that hour has been difficult to find this week lol I always feel bad when my opponent posts early and I delay posting, it honestly wasn't done intentionally.

It's all good, here. I got my haircut on Saturday and wrote the verse afterwards.

Witty
01-20-2016, 07:27 PM
It's all good, here. I got my haircut on Saturday and wrote the verse afterwards.

I shaved my own head last week.

It went surprisingly well, I considered taking it up as a career but it would involve listening to people talk...and, ehhh.

Diode
01-20-2016, 08:10 PM
Posting shortly.

Diode
01-20-2016, 09:03 PM
almost done.

Diode
01-20-2016, 09:35 PM
posted

UnbornBuddha
01-20-2016, 10:16 PM
I'll vote tomorrow, long day today. But, might vote in one battle today, we'll see.

sral
01-21-2016, 04:21 AM
Shit this is such a talented field why not just let the rest post up with pint and soul? Would be a shame to lose potential hof caliber verses just due to a couple hrs in time constraints. ..we're grown men sometimes obstacles pop up...let them all write

i agree

sral
01-21-2016, 04:23 AM

I wanted him in.

Witty you're not being DQ'd

Just post.

Do it for me.

sral
01-21-2016, 04:25 AM
PiE want me to try write something quick so your verse doesnt go to waste?

Adonis
01-21-2016, 12:10 PM
PiE want me to try write something quick so your verse doesnt go to waste?

Yes. I would but working long hours and sleeping in hotel

Vulgar
01-21-2016, 03:20 PM
Posting here in the hopes that it binds me to vote on a couple later tonight.

PiE
01-21-2016, 03:46 PM
Sorry, but I don't pay attention to chat threads much at all or my name being mentioned. I only pay attention to what's posted in my matches. No computer, I'm all phone with everything.

Pinot Grij
01-21-2016, 05:35 PM
http://www.netcees.org/showthread.php?t=122320

FYI. Here are the tournament rules. Please peruse them for any mention of use of multimedia. Thank you.

Mr. J
01-21-2016, 06:54 PM
If this is in reference to my vote I am saddened by the defensive approach

Argh
01-21-2016, 07:04 PM
http://www.netcees.org/showthread.php?t=122320

FYI. Here are the tournament rules. Please peruse them for any mention of use of multimedia. Thank you.

Is this directed at me? If so, you're welcome to use my name.

Pinot Grij
01-21-2016, 07:18 PM
It was mentioned in 3 or 4 different votes - take it personally if you want. What I take personally is everyone acting like this needs to be all sober and serious - and that putting a video in my verse breaks some age-old unwritten rule of text poetry battles. We write rhyming poems on the internet for an audience of approximately 12 people. You'd think we could all lighten up a bit about it. And if you didn't watch the video, you're missing out on a lot of the fun of the experience.

Mr. J
01-21-2016, 07:21 PM
I see what is going on now....ha...

regardless one does not to sway when one is up in the votes

your verse stood on its own. no tears friend.

Pinot Grij
01-21-2016, 07:44 PM
Not swayin', just sayin'

Mr. J
01-21-2016, 07:48 PM
It would be best 'just to say' to wait after the battle

until the following week I bid you adieu

carry on...

Pinot Grij
01-21-2016, 07:53 PM
Oh my god, this is exactly what I'm talking about.

Pent uP
01-21-2016, 08:12 PM
Pinot grij needs to pass out some of his blunts, then ppl will get him

Witty
01-21-2016, 09:15 PM
I agree with him 100%

Diode
01-21-2016, 10:02 PM
Misread voting and thought it closed @ 12a like verses.

About to vote now for what it's worth..

My votes are in.

Argh
01-22-2016, 12:41 AM
Goodbye, Netcees.

Diode
01-22-2016, 12:45 AM
Goodbye, Netcees.

?

Argh
01-22-2016, 12:51 AM
Based on the votes, I'm eliminated from the tourney. Message me when there's more writing opportunities.

Objective
01-22-2016, 02:11 AM
Based on the votes, I'm eliminated from the tourney. Message me when there's more writing opportunities.

Contribute by voting as well. Why not partake in the community/other areas of writing? Or is the tournaments the only thing that draws your attention to the site? There's a poetry league going on, NBL league as well. Why don't you join those?

Witty
01-22-2016, 04:01 AM
Nobody got the concept of my verse :(

That was my own fault tho.

Razah
01-22-2016, 07:50 AM
I'll get my votes in after work later today

Adonis
01-22-2016, 10:11 AM

PM me your email or name for Facebook and I'll Holler

Diode
01-22-2016, 10:31 AM
PM me your email or name for Facebook and I'll Holler

i've got her. no worries.

Pent uP
01-22-2016, 10:59 AM
Lemme do the last vote (for me) on my lunch

Pinot Grij
01-22-2016, 12:49 PM
I can also drop a vote on Witty/Cimm if threads are still open later tonight.

Certain
01-22-2016, 02:32 PM
I'll vote on Diode-NYCSPITZ and/or Witty-Cimmerian when I'm done with work.

Frank
01-22-2016, 04:01 PM
Vividlyvague

Do not get a false sense of security moving forward. You will need to be much better.

Best of luck to you. Do not let my loss go in vain. Take full advantage of this opportunity.

I will be rooting for you.

Go get em'

Certain
01-22-2016, 04:39 PM
Vividlyvague definitely came with it. But

Frank -- im pretty confident that pink floyd had no part in tge summer of love as they were an 80s (70s?) band mostly.

Pink Floyd started as a psychedelic pop band, and Piper at the Gates of Dawn — their widely praised debut — came out in 1967. Pink Floyd's last classic album came out in 1979.

e11even
01-22-2016, 05:05 PM
Vividlyvague

Do not get a false sense of security moving forward. You will need to be much better.

Best of luck to you. Do not let my loss go in vain. Take full advantage of this opportunity.

I will be rooting for you.

Go get em'

That post was very big of you Frankie. I appreciate the push. I'll try not to fall on my face. Thank you.

Pinot Grij
01-22-2016, 05:52 PM
Pinot grij needs to pass out some of his blunts, then ppl will get him

I don't even do weed.

Pent uP
01-22-2016, 06:48 PM

Pink Floyd started as a psychedelic pop band, and Piper at the Gates of Dawn — their widely praised debut — came out in 1967. Pink Floyd's last classic album came out in 1979.
I stand corrected.

Seriosly though floyd was early 70s to mid 80s

Pent uP
01-22-2016, 06:48 PM

I stand corrected.

Seriosly thoughth floyd was early 70s to mid 80s

Pent uP
01-22-2016, 06:49 PM
I don't even do weed.

I was kidding

Pent uP
01-22-2016, 06:54 PM

Just looked it up..the wall was 79

So 70-85 isnt that far off 67-79

Though it still renders my comment invalid

Razah
01-22-2016, 08:16 PM
just voted. any chance you know when the next round will go up / due dates?

Got a busy week next week.

i've got her. no worries.

lmao.

NYCSPITZ
01-23-2016, 12:27 AM
Nice battle diode although I doubt you'll pass round 3. Guess I shouldn't have keyed.

Diode
01-23-2016, 12:34 AM
Nice battle diode although I doubt you'll pass round 3. Guess I shouldn't have keyed.

Always so humble in defeat.

Stay Gold, Ponyboy.

NYCSPITZ
01-23-2016, 12:46 AM
Yea it's always a pleasure for me to knock down lol worthy egos. Any time, let me know when you're in the city so you can teach me kill moves you will never use and how to pick up mediocre looking 30 year olds since you probably have no game now that you're married. Keep that pen moving tho champ. ..ur a genius and a millionaire nd a scholar

UnbornBuddha
01-23-2016, 01:42 AM
Good match Pent uP.

Always a pleasure.

Witty
01-23-2016, 05:34 AM
Cimmerian congrats man, I really enjoyed your verse, thanks for the battle it was a pleasure and good luck for the rest of the tourney.

Btw bros, my verse was about super advanced A.I over throwing humanity, narrated by a scientist who helped create them. I thought I left enough clues in to suggest that, but alas, it appears not. I won't make the same mistake again, thank you to everyone who voted.

Cimmerian
01-23-2016, 08:28 AM
Cimmerian congrats man, I really enjoyed your verse, thanks for the battle it was a pleasure and good luck for the rest of the tourney.

Btw bros, my verse was about super advanced A.I over throwing humanity, narrated by a scientist who helped create them. I thought I left enough clues in to suggest that, but alas, it appears not. I won't make the same mistake again, thank you to everyone who voted.

Thanks, Witty. Good battle.

Adonis
01-23-2016, 11:52 AM
Razah and league.

Topics and threads go up today at some point.

Anyone feeling specific? Quotes or pics?

If pics, send me some to help speed the process.

Pent uP
01-23-2016, 12:37 PM
Good match Pent uP.

Always a pleasure.

Always.

We'll mwet again soon im sure

Adonis
01-23-2016, 03:26 PM
As soon as I get home I'll post threads. Sorry for lagging boys.

I figure due date will be the following Monday cause I don't like due dates on weekend but like to make sure those who can only write on weekend have a fair shot. That would make due date the first I believe

Pinot Grij
01-23-2016, 03:52 PM
Sounds fair