PDA

View Full Version : Semi Final Chat and Prediction

Adonis
02-06-2016, 06:38 PM
Pinot Grij vs. Diode

topic: http://theinspirationgrid.com/wp-content/themes/inspirationgrid/timthumb.php?src=http://theinspirationgrid.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/photography-chris-rivera-feature.jpg&w=550&h=388

Cimmerian vs. Mr. J

Topic: http://noliesradio.org/images/aa-jobless-men-keep-going-from-Depression-good-one.jpg

Good Luck ladies

UnbornBuddha
02-06-2016, 06:44 PM
That first topic is an interesting one. Hmmm... Double exposure.

Adonis
02-06-2016, 06:59 PM
That first topic is an interesting one. Hmmm... Double exposure.

You should write up a quick prediction for the mag if you got the time brother man. Miss reading your shit. Though I got this book I been deep into for a couple days, when I have the time anyways

Not sure if you know the series: Mysteries of the Universe? But I came across a nice collection of them for the cheap and been reading the 'Time And Space' book of the series, some crazy shit. Learned about 'DreamTime' from I believe Aussie Island or New Zealand maybe, there cosmogony beliefs. Also learned a bunch about Indian as Hindu. Weird book that talked about worm holes and folding time and space but has mainly focused on connecting dots to hundreds religious beliefs about how we all began. Most seemed to start with an Egg.

Also Angra Mainyu is the shit

Adonis
02-06-2016, 08:52 PM
What sort of topic would you four choose for the finals if you are skilled enough to make it past this round?

Picture, quote or traditional (blowing winds, chasing time, horrible examples but meh.)

oats
02-07-2016, 12:16 AM
Tag me when verses are up and I'll drop a vote. Good luck to all.

Razah
02-07-2016, 11:03 AM
My bad on not being able to vote- Today's my only day off this week.

Kinda' glad I lost, I was rushing every verse posted for this tourney. *shrugs

Good luck ya'll

Certain
02-07-2016, 11:21 AM
I kind of wish the topics had been reversed, but I'm interested by both. I don't have time to write for the magazine this week, but my picks are Pinot Grij by a hair and Cimmerian commandingly.

Adonis
02-07-2016, 12:51 PM
I kind of wish the topics had been reversed, but I'm interested by both. I don't have time to write for the magazine this week, but my picks are Pinot Grij by a hair and Cimmerian commandingly.

They were. But as soon as I posted the bird topic on cimmerian it reminded me of a verse he wrote round 2 so I changed it.

He wrote that verse about a flying stock broker, soaring like a bird to his death, so I had to change it

Diode
02-07-2016, 01:05 PM
.... so now Pinot and I will be subconsciously judged against a winning verse from a prior round if we even tangentially approach the same concept in any way

woooo sooooo fun

why not pick literally any other picture?

Witty
02-07-2016, 05:01 PM
I honestly don't think that is something to worry about tbh.

Witty
02-07-2016, 05:02 PM
Oh and good luck to all, I hope to find time to vote on both battles.

UnbornBuddha
02-07-2016, 05:54 PM
You should write up a quick prediction for the mag if you got the time brother man. Miss reading your shit. Though I got this book I been deep into for a couple days, when I have the time anyways

Not sure if you know the series: Mysteries of the Universe? But I came across a nice collection of them for the cheap and been reading the 'Time And Space' book of the series, some crazy shit. Learned about 'DreamTime' from I believe Aussie Island or New Zealand maybe, there cosmogony beliefs. Also learned a bunch about Indian as Hindu. Weird book that talked about worm holes and folding time and space but has mainly focused on connecting dots to hundreds religious beliefs about how we all began. Most seemed to start with an Egg.

Also Angra Mainyu is the shit

I can give a quick prediction. I'll have it by tomorrow night. And no I don't know the series. I already have too many books more than a person can read in one lifetime, and believe me I try, but keep adding more books to the collection so its a hopeless endeavor. Yes, eggs, seeds, and womb (and more modern the term embryo) are common corporeal images used to ontologically denote the primordial suchness. But, its not an egg that can be cracked, rather its more about the concealed contents within the egg that is special since the egg casing itself is just a shell. This is a metaphorical statement that an egg might not look like anything special, but inside its walls lies a vastness that transcends those walls. That my friend is what the egg denotes and much more.

Pinot Grij
02-07-2016, 06:18 PM
What sort of topic would you four choose for the finals if you are skilled enough to make it past this round?

Countries, years, historical events, historical figures, trends in popular culture, etc.

Anything that is not some artsy fartsy interpretive baloney.

Mr. J
02-07-2016, 06:53 PM
How about no topic.......and just make it an original piece...

Adonis
02-07-2016, 11:01 PM
How about no topic.......and just make it an original piece...

Most down with this though people always talk shit, but I do like all pinots ideas

Witty
02-08-2016, 06:11 PM
It's called the Winter Topical tho, without a topic it isn't really a topical, no? I'm all for a tournament or league without given topics, been advocating for that for a decade plus lol but right now it goes against the nature of the tournament imo and also in previous rounds it wasn't offered and that is perhaps a little unfair, I mean, I'll write the fuck out a verse with no given topic, possibly still not good enough to beat Cimmerian who I favour for the tourney, but I believe my point stands.

Witty
02-08-2016, 06:17 PM
Also, rhymes in my first sentence. I legit don't even try these days.

Genius status.

Mr. J
02-08-2016, 06:38 PM
Freepost

Adonis
02-08-2016, 10:40 PM
Lol at rhyme,witty killing the game. And I hear you bro, but it's the finals. You get through the gauntlet of the tourney and win the right to write about what you wish. I don't care either way. Diablo thoughts? Maybe send me a topic or two in pm? I can't search for images anymore, I ran out of shit to look for. Been doing this too damn long

Diablo
02-09-2016, 02:58 AM
I hate the idea of use your own topic tbg

Certain
02-09-2016, 11:25 AM
Everyone always likes (decently chosen) phrase topics.

Mr. J
02-09-2016, 01:42 PM
Pinot tell them you want no topic when I hand you your L

my only stipulation is you cant write under 40 lines

Cimmerian
02-09-2016, 02:06 PM
I'm fine with writing on the assigned topic but it's strange that Mr. Jefferson and I have already touched on the topic this tournament.

1. The stock broker joint was inspired by Black Monday, which started the Great Depression.

2. Mr. J already wrote a verse about a guy who lost his job and became homeless.

Mr. J
02-09-2016, 02:08 PM
No need to worry about me my good friend. I have brainstormed quite the deli***y for you

sral
02-09-2016, 02:22 PM
No one voted. Things had to move on for the momentum of the league. To be fair, as far as proven topicalists with experience and just about every category you can imagine - having someone of my calibre is about the best you could have got. I don't see why it would be a problem? I always call shit fairly around here, I'm not friends with any of you here (MMLP aside but I never vote on his shit lol)

sral
02-09-2016, 02:23 PM
@mr.j on that whole Week 11 thing

Witty
02-09-2016, 02:27 PM
Damn sraL I thought we were friends :(

Mr. J
02-09-2016, 02:32 PM
Understandable, I applaud your effort in taking the reins of the league, but for a champ match it should have gone to the necessary 2 votes needed to win, I would have been more propelled to finish the season on a higher note. I'm just salty that 1 vote decided the victor.

e11even
02-09-2016, 05:33 PM
Pinot Grij vs. Diode

Cimmerian vs. Mr. J

School is a little demanding right now, but I'll try to vote.

Adonis
02-09-2016, 08:47 PM
Everyone always likes (decently chosen) phrase topics.

I know that it all depends on who makes the finals my man. But i'd really appreciate a few examples when you can. I'm quite honestly running on fumes given my real life work schedule at the moment.

So excited to have a full day off this weekend. Well overdue.

Certain
02-09-2016, 09:04 PM
I usually just skim song and book titles. It particularly makes early rounds easier. You can pick 16 or 32 Rolling Stones song titles so much easier than 16 or 32 photos or quotes.

Witty
02-09-2016, 09:11 PM
Red Hot Chilli Peppers.

Not only great for topics but also my favourite band ever.

Adonis
02-09-2016, 09:17 PM
All I have left for the Mag is to break down Pinot v Pie

I'm trying kiddos. Can't finish it tonight though, sorry.

e11even
02-09-2016, 10:33 PM
I can't wait for the mag.

Pinot Grij
02-10-2016, 07:25 PM
I've always thought that a whole round or league week dedicated to countries, or cities, or years, or eras would be dope. It would be specific, but you could take it in any angle. A little Google searching and you're on your way.

sral
02-11-2016, 06:54 AM
Understandable, I applaud your effort in taking the reins of the league, but for a champ match it should have gone to the necessary 2 votes needed to win, I would have been more propelled to finish the season on a higher note. I'm just salty that 1 vote decided the victor.

I agree with you, +2 deciding is far more the favourable outcome in my opinion. I had left it open as long as I thought possible without it being deterimental to the leagues momentum but where do you draw the line?

It would have impacted on the leagues strutured threads up/verses up/votes up timeframe. There comes a time where you have to make a call, and as a mod I took the decision I felt was best for the entirity of the league. I would do the same right now if it were Deadman vs Frank and tied up for a week. That's just me. I'm a man of my word and I stand by my decisions.

It wasn't intended as a slight on you at all, and I'm sorry if you felt that way.

We're good, yo!

sral
02-11-2016, 06:54 AM
I've always thought that a whole round or league week dedicated to countries, or cities, or years, or eras would be dope. It would be specific, but you could take it in any angle. A little Google searching and you're on your way.

They already did this in Vulgar's poetry shenanigans!

sral
02-11-2016, 06:57 AM
I usually just skim song and book titles. It particularly makes early rounds easier. You can pick 16 or 32 Rolling Stones song titles so much easier than 16 or 32 photos or quotes.

One Minute Silence have some cool song titles...

210 Dog Years
Pig Until Proven Cop
One Lie Fits All
Stuck Between A Rock And A White Face
I Think Therefore I'm Damned

Pinot Grij
02-11-2016, 01:22 PM
They already did this in Vulgar's poetry shenanigans!

Yea, yea no wonder no one heard of it then

Witty
02-11-2016, 05:54 PM
I am so fucked up lmao gotta close one eye to be able to see lol My brother is on his second litre of vodka...dude drinks at least one litre of vodka every night. Dunno how he's alive tbh.

Eŋg
02-12-2016, 12:47 PM
pinot and cimm should make a good finals.

Razah
02-15-2016, 10:13 AM
Came by to drop some votes cuz you know, I didn't want Adonis to feel 'wronged'

Ya'll mofos' dragging.

Mr. J
02-15-2016, 12:25 PM
Freepost

Adonis
02-15-2016, 01:52 PM
Came by to drop some votes cuz you know, I didn't want Adonis to feel 'wronged'

Ya'll mofos' dragging.

I still got love brother man. I'll tag you when they're up. I'll feed a piece in return if you mention me to

Mr. J
02-15-2016, 03:02 PM
I hate waiting......set up another battle for me Adonis

Razah
02-15-2016, 04:06 PM
I still got love brother man. I'll tag you when they're up. I'll feed a piece in return if you mention me to

I don't really write (verses) just to write though. Shrugs*.

Maybe I'll write a diss or something, I seen Mr. J and someone else "dissing" each other. Looks like fun

Mr. J
02-15-2016, 04:22 PM
That was promotion for my little buddy

Burd
02-15-2016, 04:23 PM
I don't really write (verses) just to write though. Shrugs*.

Maybe I'll write a diss or something, I seen Mr. J and someone else "dissing" each other. Looks like fun

NBL bruh

i know you could still call someone gay and wack within a constrained formula

Razah
02-15-2016, 04:47 PM
I'm way too out of touch with battling.

Burd
02-15-2016, 06:21 PM
I'm way too out of touch with battling.

If Fracture can try it again you can too man

Razah
02-15-2016, 06:39 PM
What's a Fracture

Mr. J
02-15-2016, 09:45 PM
Adonis you fruit cup set me up another battle......what up

asylum
02-15-2016, 10:21 PM
ill take that ride. Mr. J

Mr. J
02-15-2016, 11:43 PM
How long do you need?

Diode
02-16-2016, 09:17 AM
Crazy storms here, internet was out, post is inbound (if Comcast stays up)

Pinot Grij
02-16-2016, 05:07 PM
Adonis - I think if we don't get verses tonight, we gotta move on. This shit is dragging on way too long as it is.

Mr. J
02-16-2016, 06:16 PM
asylum
what up bruh you showing?

Adonis
02-16-2016, 08:27 PM
Adonis - I think if we don't get verses tonight, we gotta move on. This shit is dragging on way too long as it is.

agreed

people are whack these days

Mr. J
02-17-2016, 01:41 AM
Spoiler Alert....

I'm going to win

Ghost1
02-17-2016, 07:39 PM
Ur number 2 seed just no showed the semis -___-

Adonis
02-17-2016, 08:05 PM
Ur number 2 seed just no showed the semis -___-

You're a lovely human and will always be number one in my heart. If you were of the female descent I'd fuck the shit out of your face

Ghost1
02-17-2016, 08:25 PM
Baby I'd buy u uggs an ipad

Mr. J
02-17-2016, 09:03 PM
asylum you gonna show...

asylum
02-18-2016, 06:11 PM
Mr. J yes, but thank you for the reminder. how many lines you feel like going?

Eŋg
02-18-2016, 09:47 PM
this tournament was a success.

Pinot Grij
02-18-2016, 10:35 PM
this tournament was a success.

Semi's verses shoulda just been combined to be the final, tbh.

Adonis
02-18-2016, 11:03 PM
Semi's verses shoulda just been combined to be the final, tbh.

Nah. That would never happen. Each writer should get the opportunity to tailor fit a verse for specific competitor if they choose.

It was a success until semis though eng. Not gonna lie. Shit kind of hurt my soul. I can say I did my part as mod to keep interest, life happens though.