PDA

View Full Version : The NBL Week 7 Mag: RihannORC Edition

Orc
02-23-2016, 08:19 AM
Intro
''These boys putting in work work work work''.......................

https://media.giphy.com/media/xT0BKurjHm4NvtY6vm/giphy.gif

Damnnn fellas! Last week you picked it the fuck up. Nearly made me want to sign in and join in on the fun for fuck sake. Some fireee verses (insert 3 fire emoji) and killer bars. What is really dope is that the heat was spread out throughout the league; it wasn't just one or two guys that dropped some nice lines, almost everyone had something that was quoteable. Going forward all I can say is keep it up, the league seems to be in good shape at the minute and we are getting some sign ins every week. Props to Pinot Grij for becoming champion. Are you guys gonna let a topical dude remain champ in your league? I'm just saying....

Reviews
by Allen Knight

https://media.giphy.com/media/1TwiOe0hFQkog/giphy.gif

Championship Match: Ill nik-A Vs Pinot Grij

This was a dope ass battle, dumb close. Nik execution bar was dope
& bounce bar was fire lol had me crackin up...toss in the ocean was dope to. Pinot
had flames to tho, that dabbin bar was tough as fuck, tthe grizzly line was the best flip on that dicaprio concept shit was nice & kanye bar was stupid nice..Yea this was a dope title match, yah'll did not let down here...shit went back & forth in votes but pinot pulled out the W, props to nik he did his thing. Congrats to Pulse for winning the title his first time.

Contendership Match: Destroyer Vs Schadenfreude

This was a decent match, it was a pic battle more advantage for des but props to Schaden for accepting like a G, honestly schad had alot of great ideas
but the wording on some of them were weak & came off corny tbh but the concepts
were there he needed more bars like the horses & ride of lifetime were nicee. Des just was way more consistent here the thumb & sweatshirt lines were dope. Props to both for showing. Des won.

Infiltration vs Lotto Smirk

This was a good battle, lotto had some fire w/ the wedding cake bar that
shit was dope he also had some other bangers like inflame was cool to hes gettin better & better needs to tweak wording just a lil an hes up there, Infil lyso was a dope flip on the w/p his verse was a lil more consistent overall but lotto got
some votes to so this was a close one, props to both for bring heat last week.Winner was Infiltration

Hush Vs Resin M-I-C

Another dope battle, this past week been fire. Both these guys put in work here, crazy close battle. Hush dropped early props to him for that.. his opener was nice & black & white flim was firee so was big gun jawn. Resin had some dope shit too that superman bar was fire an LOTB Trash fire was sick coulda been LOTB to, like hanna storm bar also....shit both these dudes went in. This went back in forth in votes but resin pulled out the dub but props to both shit was nice, good read.

Strange Vs Unfukwitable

Yea another nice battle lol geez, both these dudes had some nice bars.
Unfuk yolk & Strange fruit were crazy imo dudes creative cant front...but strange aka king came w/ some flames. carl grimes was firee jesus drives was dope & drone strike was sick, for not battlin in a while he shows no rust... this battle was dope went back & forth in votes also lol. But strange got the win here his verse was just dumb consistent w/ some nice bangers but props to unfuk he had some shit to. Stranges wins

Tic Vs Murda Sho

One battle that was expected to be dope but it wasnt which is a let down tbh, it wasnt the worst shit or anything just thought it would be ill.
It seems like murda rushed his verse or just didnt care cuz it was not like his norm honestly but his Flint bar was nice... tic had a more consistent verse not his best either but i woulda like the asics but i used that w/p already but 1 phone call was nice.
Next week hopefully yah'll get back in ur grooves & impress, not hate but u kno i aint lying. Tic wins.

Cred Vs Wanderer

Cool battle, both had some bars...wand bad patch bar was dopee, he got concepts but his wording is wat hurts him honestly some words arent needed in a punch try to cut some out an get to the point the wordyness is killing ur shit from hittin, u get that down an u'll be a threat. Cred had some shit, the wand & elavator jawns were firee...hold baby bar was cool...props. Cred won...props to both.

Witty Vs 10Senses

This battle was pretty one sided, 10 is bland he needs to learn to do a creative twist on his bars & concepts his wording is ok, just read more battles here an study shit. Witty had a solid verse his selfworth line was fire & extra chromosome bar was cool to, witty won easy.

Interview
with the boy Murda Sho

https://media.giphy.com/media/NQgaKTVvr756w/giphy.gif

Sup brotha. What do you think about the NBL at present, do you think anything could be done to improve it right now?

Im glad niggas is still doin it and semi keeping text alive I respect that. I wish more of the already honed warriors stepped back in and did battle to make the comp even more fire (shouts to Pulse Resin and Frac) but we say this every season so fuck it if it happens it happens. Hopefully we get a breakout star that aint an alias.

We both came here from Illesty, how much you miss that place bro? Could you get HENNY to come threw with a few bars one day?

Man Illesty was like the WWE of text, shit used to jump over there it was like there were storylines going on with who was beefing with who and who dissed who and what crew was beefing and who jumped ship to another crew the shit was just fun. Even had like 4 or 5 chicks that were active battling and actually beating niggas. Now niggas just act too cool to do anything but drop terrible gun bars. Rich old ass got a family and shit he aint dropping shit but money on diapers and rent haha

Hahaha yeah that man old now I suppose. Shit so are we. You lost last week in a close battle with Tic, what are your thoughts on that battle?

I needed that, big shouts to Tic for showing up and knocking some sense into me for thinking I could just write shit on the fly and get a win against a formidable opponent. If I woulda chilled and actually focused in I'm sure I coulda beat that verse not taking anything away from Tic he won fair and square. But god bless the mufuckas who have to stand in front of these gun bars for the upcoming weeks. I just gotta remember the days when verses are due so i don't have to semi throw shit together to avoid a no show. Im up 2-1 on you Tic we'll see each other again.

That's the spirit. You recently had a stint inside, you all good now? I'm not tryna put FREE MURDA in my sig for another stretch

Well god willing that will be the last time I'm in that mufucka. I got another court date in March coming up but if I pass that one i'll be wavy. Not wanting to go back to jail doesn't make you a bitch, shit it aint fun in there aint no chicks and you can't smoke drink get money or play 2K haha

Hahaha definitely. There's a few of us on here big into the URL type battle scene. Who are some of your favourite Live Battlers?

Well as I said before Shine is my cousin so of course ima support whatever he do. My favorites right now though is Lux, Surf, Chess, Pat Stay and Head I.C.E to name a few off top.

Damn I didn't know that he was your cousin that's sick. Word Surf is probably my favourite. You've been champing shit at a decent rate in recent times. You ready to take that NBL crown for yourself?

I guarantee you I will get the belt this season niggas got me fucked up. I look forward to going back and forth with Pulse Frac and Resin too since they some of the only NC vets I aint copped a win against yet.

That's whats up bro I hope you do get the belt at some stage. Who are your all time favourite text battlers?

Kung is my favorite battler of all time.. I'm sure Pulse gonna use that against me down the line but he better use it well and clever. Umm some niggas i used to rock with was Butler, $pit, D Kom, Kami Tsunami, You be having some jiggy shit, Blue Bayou, SMG, Alien, Justify... I could name a lot cause i've witnessed a lot of niggas get it poppin on this text shit

Haha thanks bro. Yeah shouts to Kung. Aye Pinot text that dude. Damn I forgot about SMG he was sick. I hated Justify. Good looks on the interview. Anything you wanna say to finish it off?

Lets start really sitting down and writing fire bars and learning from our losses people that's the only way these battles won't be snooze fest when its not between vets. And make sure your shit flow and not just rhyming.. rap niggas!! Chill will these weird ass gun bars too y'all aint bout that life y'all playing yourself. B's Up. Squad Up. USG forever you already know Orc haha GANG

GANG!!!!!!

Week 6 Top Punches
by Allen Knight

https://media.giphy.com/media/c6PHAmfRGCftK/giphy.gif

1.Resin M-I-C
fuck an NCG, to me ur a lil spic w/ a lisp thats been put to the test
maaan if u wore a Superman costume u'd have to rock a fuckin T H on ur chest.

2.Lotto Smirk
u wanna talk gun bars, well Its nothing for me to let the weapon spray
Ill put a couple up top that'll make sure u won't make it to see ya wedding cake

3.Pinot Grij
While my goons outside ya house, they waitin’ with ratchets to pop ya momz
Until I give em the nod for a grisly attack like DiCaprio’s Oscar nom

4.ill nik-A
my shooting style is killer; so I know u’d bite on the first pump
It’s all about execution… put the steel on the back of ur head like a reverse dunk

5.Hush
Nobody ever gone forget u lied on ya race as a teenager rappin
career was a black and white film. The color was in question but we knew u was actin

6.Strange
His girl said she wanna see Un dead n started suckin my balls dry
So I gave her a shot in the eye that left the bitch lookin like Carl Grimes

7.Infiltration
a walkin disgrace. swear u'll drop fire but only the ball in its place.
think ya shit dont stink.. funny its when u try covering it up w/ Lysol in my face.

8.Unfuxwitable
When 11 leak his brain, shit'll never be the same;
Once his yolk bacon on his muffin top, it'll put Eggs Benedict recipes to shame.

9.Witty
U never get skirt, so you hiding in the shade every time you net surf
U may have 10 senses, but clearly none are the sense of self worth

10.Cred
u outta luck, i'll send u up to heavens gates i'm ruthless
u'll get the box with the soft tunes but it ain't a elevator stupid

11.Destroyer
i bet skeletor likes it rough too, be careful not to get hurt
i bet it's like 50 shades of gray... all in that one busted ass sweatshirt

12.Schadenfreude
Now it’s well known that the statistics on divorce is bad..
but your wife’s ponytails are a clear sign of her dedication - to a horse’s ass.

13.Tic
You’re a fuckin loser. No family or friends, life meaning’s nothin
You were locked in prison. Then used your 1 phone ‘call’ to post in Netcees discussion

14. Murda Sho
Oh lord it's this bitch again here to say he won't be dismissed in 10
Well if these bars watered down then u must've got urs from Flint, Michigan

15.Wanderer
Srs your recent verses been stale & I don't wanna seem over-zealous
but you're going through such a bad patch even the one on your chin's gettin jealous

THE COME ON BRO LINE OF THE WEEK:

soo slow ur mark.. at 5 ft nothin u need to pray for ur growth to start
u gotta napolean complex.. reachin the shelf causes such a stretch it can rip a boneapart.

https://media.giphy.com/media/BCXMSiVZeo8xy/giphy.gif

Week 7: Previews

https://media.giphy.com/media/bHmAUd4XE7ny/giphy.gif

Pinot Grij vs Destroyer

This is definitely interesting. To be honest Pinot has really surprised me. He's getting better every week and has a chameleon like quality that has allowed him to blend in very well. His verses have been improving by a lot each week which is a dope trend so hopefully he can keep it up. He beat Nik last week pretty comfortable which is a massive victory at this minute as Nik is on fire too lately. Destroyer is in his first NBL title match which is not to be sniffed at and he deserves props considering how far he's come in the realm of text. He's become a serious threat and especially so in Pic battles. I do think that Pinot has the edge here, though -- especially because it's just a regular battle. Both of you bring some heat.

Tic vs Infiltration

Infiltration has been pretty damn consistent. He lost to Nik in a title match a couple of weeks back and circumstances have forced my hand to put him into a Contendership match sooner than I would have liked. He has, however, bounced back well and dropped a nice verse last week that had some bangers. Tic is my dude. He's become a heavy fucking hitter and this could be his season. He's a breakout star imo. The reason I say this is because last season this dude was still writing longbar and he has adapted so quickly. I give the edge in this battle to Tic because I think at this moment his style is sleeker and more reader friendly. Don't sleep on Infiltration.

Lotto Smirk vs Hush

Lotto dropped a nice verse last week. That Wedding Cake was so fucking fire, man. I think Allen has it top 2 or 3 in punches this week but I'm not sure. Definitely top 5 anyway. Lotto's problem is inconsistency but by dropping bars like that it shows he can be a real threat if he just works out those kinks. Hush been dropping heat since we started a bromance on Illesty way back, we used to bounce lines of each other and even reword each others shit to help each other get better -- since then, he's created a legacy and became one of the best to ever do it. His verse last week was flames. I thought he won and maybe he would have if more people weren't afraid to vote. I think Hush will have too much for the boy Lotto this week.

murda sho vs ill nik-A

Damnnn. This is about to be BOTW for sure. I say this because neither of these dudes will want to lose. Both competitors are coming back from tough losses last week. I know Sho is gunning for that belt and he took it easy last week by phoning a verse in, he knows that he can't do that going forward and I'm expecting some real hit from Wiz 40.Califa in the coming weeks. As for Nik, he will want to get back on tops as soon as possible after taking a loss to Pinot Grij in the champ week last week. Look at it on the bright side, if you do champ again that's 4 times bro. Only others to do that is myself, Karaoke, and maybe Hush? Not sure about Hush as he deleted his accomps. I'm on the fence for this battle. Both can win.

Resin M-I-C vs Strange

Resin M-I-C is a text legend. That's undeniable. What is also undeniable is that he gets salty very quickly. Like most of the textcees from that era, he doesn't like when you vote against him. Grow up, brother. You had a dope verse last week -- that Superman shit was fire. If you ever drop a line like that Boneaparte again tho then I'll sign you out myself. Strange aka King came through with a really smooth verse last week. Very NC friendly and there wasn't many signs of having rust. I do think that Resin is cooking at the moment tho (apart from the Cypher, wtf was that?) and will have too much for Strange. Maybe in a couple weeks when Strange gets some momentum I would have had it at 50/50 but right now the edge goes to Resin.

Schadenfreude vs Killing Spree

Schad took a loss in the contenders match last week which has just stalled his momentum in the league. He lost in a pic battle but still had some decent shit. The problem was that he's not practiced in pic battles so he was at a disadvantage before the battle had even begun. He's very consistent in regular battles and that's where his strength lies imo. Killing Spree has two noshow wins so I matched him up with Schad because he doesn't noshow. I'm not sure where KS is at the minute in terms of his verses as it's been a while since he's had to drop a serious verse. From what I remember though he's pretty good. I think Schad will want to avenge his loss from last week, though. Schad gets the nod from me.

Fracture vs Unfukwitable

Frac got the noshow win last week so I'm sure he'll be looking forward to getting back into the ring and dropping some heat this week. His most recent verse showed signs of the old Frac returning. He just needs to focus on rhyming just that little bit slicker as the clever ideas and wit fall back into place. Unfuk hasn't been around much as far as posting goes but he's reliable to show up to battles which I like. He lost in a close one last week to Strange so he will want to bounce back quickly. He's another one who has come on leaps and bounds in a small amount of time. I think this battle can go either way right now.

Wanderer vs Witty

The two W's. Witty beat 10Senses last week but I think he had to force himself to show because he didn't want to let his Irish brother down. Hopefully he can find some inspiration this week because that Bedroom line was actually dope. Wanderer has been dropping pretty good too and he is improving every week. I don't think it will be too long until he wins more battles than he loses which is the turning point in a ''text career''. He just needs to string a couple of wins together. I feel that Witty maybe won't show or will rush through last minute which makes me edge the prediction towards Wanderer.

VividlyVague vs 10Senses

This battle is a battle where both are only really learning what is considered dope here in the NBL. VV won via noshow last week and is still learning to conform from the topical league to battling. My advice to him would be to learn from Pinot and see the kind of verses he has been dropping. If he can do it, why can't more topical heads? 10Senses is new to battling and needs to drop more punchline oriented battle bars. Read up on old NC battles and try to word your verses like the battlers you read. I think that VV has more of a grasp on what is good at this moment so I think he'll get the dub.

Cred vs Maximus

Cred the Gunbar connoisseur has been on indifferent form in the past few weeks. He hasn't been dropping to his usual self or even the form that seen him almost champ last season. I think he's going to start dropping heat in the coming weeks though as he will want to make that step up to the top tier bracket once again. Maximus is from RB but it's been a while since I've seen him battle. I think he has a strong wordplay style but I can't be too sure because it's been so long. I think Cred will want the win more.

Diffy vs Arbor

Both are new to league and I haven't seen anything from either dude so I can't really comment. I'm sorry. Please forgive the boy.

Outro

https://media.giphy.com/media/11RgdEJG5f3E0E/giphy.gif

That's it for this week. I want to thank you guys again for making last week a pleasure to read at times. It makes my job much easier if I'm not reading so much trash. Thanks to Allen Knight for his help on the mag and also thanks to murda sho for the interview. Verses are due tomorrow dudes so make sure you get your verses in on time. You don't need to take a fucking extension every week. We are nearly halfway through the season so now is the time to get a few fucking wins and go on a tear. Who knows? This season could be yours.

Orc
02-23-2016, 08:20 AM
I'll edit in the cypher winner when I get home from work. Until then, here you go people

Glizzy
02-23-2016, 08:43 AM
nice mag

Resin M-I-C
02-23-2016, 09:30 AM
lol i said one line in the cypher ab u being gay

ever since i ignored ur call outs n love notes u been a lil salty, but at least ur doing ur thing u go girl

solid stuff again

Saint
02-23-2016, 09:39 AM
Great mag.. know it takes effort so props..

King
02-23-2016, 09:42 AM
dope mag Orc.

Tic
02-23-2016, 09:51 AM
Dope mag again, fellas. Props to Allen Knight for coming back with the mag also. This league is looking better and better every week. Started off kinda slow but ever since Tic joined it's really picked up. You're welcome.

:]

Orc
02-23-2016, 09:57 AM
lol i said one line in the cypher ab u being gay

ever since i ignored ur call outs n love notes u been a lil salty, but at least ur doing ur thing u go girl

solid stuff again

Stop flirting with me

Blam Newton
02-23-2016, 10:04 AM
RiRi tho. All those top punches were fire. Hard to pick a favorite but the Resin line, reverse dunk line and Carl Grimes line were so dope.

King
02-23-2016, 10:20 AM
Dope mag again, fellas. Props to Allen Knight for coming back with the mag also. This league is looking better and better every week. Started off kinda slow but ever since Tic joined it's really picked up. You're welcome.

:]

galactic?

Orc
02-23-2016, 10:21 AM
galactic?

Indeed

Useless
02-23-2016, 10:22 AM
Dope mag.

Lotta gun bars in the top punches

Tic
02-23-2016, 11:08 AM
galactic?
Sup King.

King
02-23-2016, 11:22 AM
Sup King.

dope. chilling man, whats good?

Cred
02-23-2016, 11:46 AM
Props on this jawn my niggas.

Nice read through out.

Schadenfreude
02-23-2016, 12:28 PM
..word.

Tic
02-23-2016, 12:33 PM
dope. chilling man, whats good?
Same old. Had a nice month or 2 break from battling, but something drew me back.

Pinot Grij
02-23-2016, 12:33 PM
Come on Bro Line is highlight every week. But Rihanna gifs could have been more revealing. Vote - AK.

Orc
02-23-2016, 12:55 PM
Hahaha that's true man. She's on point in that Work video. Good God

King
02-23-2016, 01:25 PM
kid that went to my high school got arrested for stalking Rihanna lol

Hush
02-23-2016, 01:30 PM
These have been on time and on point
Keep that up bro
League looking strong and it's all on u

Maximus