PDA

View Full Version : AOWL Season 6 Magazine: The Preseason Edition

asylum
03-01-2016, 04:52 AM
http://i.imgur.com/uAJesXX.png

The Power of 6by Asylum

Introduction

Hello! & Welcome once again to the greatest topical league on the Internet: Netcee Season 6 Art of Writing League. I will be your AOWL Host this evening and for the following 16+ weeks seeing this season through to its fruition. Major props go to Adonis for this graceful gesture & nod of approval. I swear to carry on tradition to the greatest of my abilities. Thank you for this encompassing trust and for this sacred responsibility.
Salute and respect to all the Moderators of the past and present &, everyone involved past, future, and present. We have a massive array of talent in our ranks and the past few years have been building up to this very moment. Let’s make Topical History.

This season will be one to remember. In this Introduction we will take a look at the innovation that has laid the foundation for the AOWL Upcoming Season 6. The Masterful groundwork that has paved the way for this Season and for all future seasons to come. Season 6 will be a plethora of all the seasons that have come before it. Season 1 saw the O.G General "King Ra" implement renowned ideas that will be incorporated into this Season again. Such factors as "Key wins/key loses" As well as The Competitive Edge of Conference Divisions.

A Titanium Conference that will include a Black Division, A Green Division and a Blue Division. & The Platinum Conference that will include the White Division, A Yellow Division and a Red Division. http://www.netcees.org/showthread.php?t=3462

Special Recognition will be appointed to all those who demonstrate exceptional voting habits. A section dedicated to the "The Featured Vote," an encouraging accomplishment with the goal of inspiring constructive criticism.

Season 2 witnessed the arrival of a Newcomer named Certain Serpent. Certain Serpent operated out of Certains Corner. A trending topic in the Article Section of Mike Wreckas magazine. Certain Serpent discussed informatively the different facets of writing with an entertaining depth that was awe inspiring. Certain Serpent would eventually drop the Serpent surname and go simply as Certain: taking the reigns from Mike Wrecka in the final weeks of the season 2 regular season. Certain would begin his lengthy Moderation reign in the midst of a disorganized playoff atmosphere. Season 2 Moderator Mike Wrecka brought forth a special feature which included an Audio segment. An audible animation that provided the readers with a live interpretation of the weeks proceedings and thoughts in general about participants and other happenings around the league.

"The Asylum" will build on that. A Live Freestyle Session with myself and others. A Freestyle Session in conjunction with a live thread. Participants can freestyle along with me as we type words into a thread, that then can be used in a freestyle for everyone to view live.

Each and every Magazines will include the highly detail oriented "No-Show Shine" section. A section supplying personal feedback so that no effort goes wasted. In-depth constructive opinated reactions from myself and others. The Magazine will also continue to promote one or two particular pieces, that stand out and showcase excellence at this craft, called the "Open Mic Feature"

Two abbreviations to keep in mind
VOTW (Verse of the week) BOTW (Battle of the week) Both will be awarded to deserving candidates that displays superior skill over the course of any given week. This Year, this Season, We will be keeping close tabs of "Accolades". Keeping tally of important statistics, such as Best Winning Vote Percentage. Awards for he who voted most. The Iron Man Award for the warrior who battled the entire 16 weeks without no showing. As well as other awards that instill competitive spirit.

We will resurrect The Infamous "Writers Block". A classic back and forth debate between two writers about the Art of Writing. These segments gain incredible insight into some of the psyches of this generations most prolific writers. Prestigious guests included Vulgar, Oats, Zygote,& El Pancake to name a few. An additional section called "Flashbacks" will also make its return -highlighting the greatest verses of the last 5 seasons along with it's best moments.

In Honor of the Oscars, I thought we would have our own award ceremony tonight.

And the categories are:

BEST PICTURE
BEST ACTOR
BEST DIRECTOR
BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
BEST ORIGINAL SCREEN PLAY
BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY
BEST DOCUMENTARY FEATURE
BEST ACTRESS

Winners to be revealed at the end of the Magazine

Prerogative

Brevity:

Every week I will introduce a challenge or stipulation along with your topic. In light of Spring Training Season 6 is starting on a lighter note. 16 bar maximum is in place. Brevity, the soul of wit, The Art of saying less with more. No room for error. Compact. No allowance for any misplaced word or filler. Precise and to the point, execute your idea in a small amount of space.
Eg; An exclusive look at Soulstice Short-Verse Championship Verse

Soulstice
Short Verse Championship Verse
Results: Defeats Darth Yoda 9-6

We were destined for shore. Until the deep blue flail of God
Assailed us as we sailed along - On the beach I laid. In my mind
I felt my faith in decline. Staid, like a shipwreck awaiting the tide.

We designed this together. Decided to chase the horizon forever
Between separate cerulean planes stretched a beauty explained
By sirens inflecting. We never realized that youth had a human constraint
As the lovely blue grew deeper, and strange. Whispers of mutiny
Ran down your neck - I saw by days iridescent eulogy, the sun drowned to death.
You left a piece of yourself at each port of call - as my world dissolved
Into wharfs and rocks. Or wherever starboard's adjacent.
My captains quarters were locked. You stargazed. Dreamt of a carnal replacement.
Then the depths unleashed it's terrible weaponry, left us for destiny
And at this point we both thought.. why rescue a memory?

On the beach I spotted a ghost ship, materializing to definite form.
A femme fatal had me welcomed aboard. I trembled and warned of terrible storms.
But neverthless I believed what she said. We were destined for shore.

WTF?! SECTION

WTF?! We are 6 seasons strong...Pat yourself on the backs
WTF!? 2tripple0 makes beats?! Genocide raps over them?!
WTF!? Mr. J choked in the winter topical?!
WTF?! Dagels back?!
WTF?! Vividly Vague got trolled into writing 70 lines?!
WTF?! Pinot Grij champed the NBL?!
WTF!? 2tripps & Bags BFF?!
WTF?! Adonis stepped down?!
WTF?! Dr. Dog just vanished last season like that?!
WTF!? sral retired!?
WTF!? Certain turning down the offer to run Season 6!?

Open Mic Feature #1

God Complex Season 5 Championship Verse
Result: Defeats VividilyVague 5-0
Posted: 12-22-2015

Sometimes, I feel like a Homunculus awaiting its soul;
Every neuron perishing as the disease’s stages unfold.
The daunting diagnosis desiccated my goals,
Homeostasis disrupted, as yin and yang separated from whole.
In this progressive atrophy I was fated to know, greatness arose
Greater than any black hole changing space of its course.
I’m a majestic brain in a corpse bestowed a plague at its core;
Hiding in latent form, unraveling at an age I know more.
Genetic warp that forever changed the way I walked.
We’ve evolved, no question, though our daily thoughts
Reveal the apes in our hearts. What we masquerade as is false.
I watch helplessly as my condition takes me apart,
Who said pain doesn’t scar? On the contrary, every ache leaves a mark.
Its how the universe created all its stars that I’m fond of gazing from afar.
Ah! Forget everything, as the hydrogen flames light up the dark nebula,
Compared to it ALS seems like the tiniest cataracts in God’s retinas.
The destruction of my muscular structure furthered my evolution.
But, I don’t suffer the illusion that bodily comfort isn’t in movement.

Weakened, I communicated with basic words
And I was subtly understood like an angel’s verse.
But, then I couldn’t breathe, suddenly inhaling hurt
A surgical incision was then cut deeply into my throat.
I lived,
But couldn’t speak anymore; I was living without a soul.
Nobody could listen to the profundity of my thoughts;
Thinking became a redundancy I once loved.

Man has traveled incomprehensible distances,
Infinitesimal primitives transcending our instruments;
This simian form paved entire empires with incredible impetus.
So, it’s nonsensical insolence to watch our medical ignorance.
The tainted consciousness of a helpless theoretical physicist
For not one treatment exists for my congenital carcinogen.
Musculoskeletal malignancy,
Has me contemplating my body—questioning its validity.
But, then a friend reached out & gave me an exotic voice
What most would deem robotic noise became my compass.
Once again I could look at the cosmic void in neurotic joy
And state my assumptions from a place of context.
Though, wheelchair bound, I enslaved a goddess
And made loneliness for cripples an outdated concept.
Our brains never sleep and process data constantly;
Energy our heart would rather waste on sovereignty,
Autonomy from bodily anomalies, anatomical atrocity.
The omnipresence of a universal cosmological agony
Means it’s a natural to exhibit rare neurological pathology.
To reckon with this dichotomous galaxy,
I’ve had to transmute my soul’s hypothesis via alchemy
Reconfiguring my sanity by tweaking my cognizant reality,
The socially agreed upon subconscious fantasy.
Where we come from is an ontological fallacy
Where we’re going is more important tangibly.
Look at me, I should be dead, I’m a biological analogy
Symbolizing a sick man’s winning strategy against an impossible malady.

“Mr. Hawking, you truly are a miraculous story”
Au contraire, it only seems that way
—When shrouded in pusillanimous worry.
Recalcitrance is but a shade of an entire mental realm.
An overwhelming oblivion, if you yourself are compelled
To never escape your former semblance of self, a mere sensual shell.
Yet, how could you never having went through a sense of hell?
I shall expunge all doubt now. (Everyone in the audience gasps)
As professor Hawking gets up from his wheelchair, making a stance.
Though miraculous, his withered form makes his act of radiance look sad.
Suddenly, no one pities the non-cripple, and begin to parade him and laugh.
The gap that existed between mind and soul starts separating at last.

Bios
N/A

Act Familiar, You know the whole gang. Look around. Same faces. What surprises will this Season hold? Who will make his or her comeback this year?
Who will the AOWL discover next? Who will be referred from another site? Who will Sign into Season 6 and change the game?

Season Six Week One Predictions

Alice White Vs. Og Smokestein
Great Aliases have rose to stardom on this stage before. Across the board, there has been a few noteworthy Pseudonyms. Pen games showcasing your talent under a fake name is a daringly innovative. It's a hell of a lot of fun to challenge yourself. Remove yourself from the equation and write liberated; free of the stereotypes, the preconceived notions that surround your aura. That's what makes the Alias Tournament won by NYCSPITZ so impressive. Proving that you can win big anonymously is one of the most accurate assesments of true skill. We've all seen Writers who win or lose a match before it has even began. An general perception, overall is in one writers favor - so overwhelmingly so, that, an imaginary tally gets invisibly put up in everyone’s minds. Beating the odds is a remarkable feeling. Alice White, OG Smokestein. You have wiped the slate clean. The floor is yours. Create your own luck.
Alice White 4-3

Mr. J Vs. Adonis
Mr. J. Mr. J is entering the AOWL forum this season with a lot of hostility coming at him from an adjacent forum. He's feeling the heat right now. Mr. J's Winter Topical 2 rope-a-dope performance, baiting both his opponents into bewildering mind games that served no logical purpose, other then hiding the fact he was either A.) unmotivated or B.) shook body. Mr. Js perplexing antics have been polarizing as of late, often times instigating and poking fun at his opponent before a match to psyche them out. Adonis is cool on the surface but I'm sure he's furious. Who could really blame him? J completely blew him off tainting the entire tournament. Adonis is prime for the heel turn. He's managed to put on some what of a babyface while overseeing managerial duties. But now he has time to play and nobody expects him to play nice. Look for Adonis to claw and scratch his way to the top: showboating his poetic flamboyant style. These two have battled before. Week 1 of the LPGA. It was lousy.12 lines combined &, won on a 2-1 decision. A lot more is at stakes this time around.
Adonis 5-1

2Tripple0 Vs. Godcomplex
The Reigning Champion Godcomplex returns to his perch: His current throne overlooking the AOWL pedestrian community.Godcomplex Is the New Face of the AOWL. This Eras Zygote. A powerful thinker who minimizes your greatest effort, in a mere thought or two. Not only is this man a Machine-like writer
but he is a profoundly gifted analyzer and a prolific voter. Godcomplex's votes dwarf writers’ entire verses because of his totalitarian grasp of knowledge, that he so humbly disposes of, on each and every battle that he sheds this illuminating light on. Godcomplex's issue early on was, a vocabulary that was too alienating. Robotic-like rhymes that weren't so smooth. Over the span of last season, Godcomplex has ironed out any issues and has becoming even better. Combining ethereal content with clear rhythmic intention, and all the while remaining true to his Third Eye-like Knowledge. Opportunity is there for God Complex to go Back to Back like his Hometown Bulls. And like another Chicago Knight, The Legendary Dead Man AKA Black, who has two titles under his illustrious belt. Godcomplex's week one opponent is a sort of Sacrificial Offering. The Challenger: 2Tripple0 will be served up to the Mighty Champion as a Complimentary Dish. 2Tripple0 will be lowered into the Anacondastank like an experimental mouse. JK. 2Tripple0 represents! A dumbfounding style all his own that stuns you in an Most un-intelligible way? 2Tripple0 is not proactive and he doesn't really respond at all to any of the outpour of sincere critique. 2Tripple doesn't show any real signs of any real improvement, nor does he seem at all interested in higher elevation. Being Content in his losing effort is what makes him so legendary in the game. Speculation is 2trips actually hails from Srals hood. Not making this stuff up. Make no mistake. 2Tripple0 is as much as an enigmatic character as God Complex. The two actually run opposite ends of the spectrum. Anticipating a classic bout. Netcees #1 Jobber going up against The AOWL Heavyweight Champion of the World, God Complex. Expect a crew vote from 2Tripps Big Homie Bags before the battle closes.
God Complex 6-0

Tom Vs. Pinot Grij
The Current NBL Champion of the world is storming into this arena after a truly gutsy performance capturing the ever elusive Winter Topical 2 Tournament Championship Belt. Little anticlimactic there at the end tbh.
Pinot Grij dropped four formidable verses, but only two were actually contested. Both of his opponents would forfeit. First Diode, Netcees chairman unexpectedly gets sidetracked by a surging storm, Knocking his internet out, half of an amazing verse never sees the light of day. Mr. J would play possum with him, trolling him into a sadistic cat and mouse game. Nonetheless, Pinot Grij wrote worthwhile and now has the accolade to show for. Look for Pinot to continue on gaining ground and becoming a more decorated member of Netcees. Securing an AOWL Championship after winning the Winter Topical 2 would cement Pinot Grij as one of the more dominating topicalist in recent memory. Pinot Grij will also have the rare chance to champ the NBL and the AOWL at the same time. No one can claim that feat. His opponent is notoriously hated. He whose name shall not be spoken himself. A troubled topicalist who has been through the gauntlet of onslaught on his time on Netcees. He has plagiarized verses, spent Thanksgivings alone on top of pizza boxes, cringe worthy tales, really, but Make no mistake: unmistakable to the NCG trained eye. Pairing action based Avatars with bolded and centered Tom Clancy catch phrases, inevitably almost always returning with an introduction thread along the lines of "I am New here" Appearing unable to blend into this websites surroundings without alarming somebody who has hatred for him. All shenanigans aside, he can,& will write fearlessly once he has been bullied into the corner long enough. An RB prodigy who isn't Welcome. More monikers than the diabolical Baron Mynd himself. Can he put a stop to the naysayers with a statement victory the reigning Winter Topical champion? Both are storytellers.. Pinot Grij has a high voltage personality and comes up with off the wall approaches, backing it up with really solid mechanics. Tom is a traditional topicalist who tends to dwell in a more melancholy landscape, moreso than the more positive Pinot Grij. I haven't read a Dagel verse since he was ultimately black balled off the scene for the 4th or 5th time. A keen sense, or someone is delivering word to him of New Netcees seasons. Has Dagel been lurking this entire time waiting to make a controversial return? Either way, An Upset here over Pinot Grij would send shock waves throughout the NCG community all the way back to RB.. However, Strongly favoring Pinot Grij here due to the mans momentum just being too strong right now.
Pinot Grig 6-3

Asylum Vs. Frank
Frank can be a trip, but he is a character. A versatile novelist who has the most Victories in AOWL History. Storyteller with serious clout. Frank has beaten Legends in this arena from all walks of life. His most notable victories include those against 3PA & Sacrifice, two invading topicalists who Frank loyally defended his 'turf' against. He's been in the most battles, has the most championship appearances, the most no-shows. Frank narrowly missed an impressive opportunity to battle his self in the AOWL Season 1 Championship Battle against his anonymous alias Red glare who was discovered in the final weeks. Season 2 sees Frank fight all the way back to the Championship battle in a tough loss in a valiant effort. Week 13 in Season 3 Frank is 9-3 and on the verge of capturing yet another championship for the third consecutive season before again no showing, even no showing round 1 of the playoffs against YDK who would go all the way to the finals. Frank enters Season 4 with a win over legendary Sacrifice before slackung with a dismal record of 4-4 in Week 12 before the black out. Nobody sees or hears from Franky until the middle of Season 5 - Week 8, where he returns 9 months later out of nowhere attempting to run the league that had just been aborted by Dr. Dog. Frank has taken some tough losses upon his recent return with some stellar pieces. One can't help but wonder if Frank will ever return to his winning ways or if he can capture the AOWL Season Championship that has eluded him: Something he sought for so feverishly earlier on. Only two guys can say they've champed the NWL & AOWL, And one is in the Hall of Fame, Pent uP, the other is Frank. As for me, you may know me as Patrown. I was rarely ever seen as a favorite but "I have a propensity to deliver a lot in a small space" Some may say I only write 16 line verses or that I over think my content or that I wait until the last possible moment to write but I say "Fuck Em!"
Welcome to the Asylum
Asylum 6-2

Jesodist Vs. Razah
Jesodist is a relative unknown with massive potential to upstart and impact our league. He puts on a punishing display of wordplay, backed by a gruesome, glorified, gory-filled, ruthlessly, imaginatively, barbaric epic. Jesodist may not be on the AOWL radar yet, but he has already gotten the attention of the Season 5 Champion God Complex, who has requested a duel with the unknown Jesodist. Time will tell if that match up manifests and under what circumstances and potentially what magnitude. Look for Jesodist to write raw-in your face blitzkrieg of symbolic, totem pole, warlock darkness.
Jesodist capitalizes his multies. A unique testament to his style. His opponents winning percentage with 16 lines or less is statically unreal. Razah is compact with it. Approaching battles with a less is more game plan. He has skated by with brevity. Razah will need to remain perfectly still in order to claim victory here. Razahs cloak and stealth approach could possibly offset
Jesodist tendancy to enter bouts with ruthless aggression. If Razah can play dead, he may be able to withstand the lyrical onslaught and capitalize on Jesodists over eagerness and roll the aggressive Jesodist up for a Quick 123 Count.
Razah 5-4

Vividly Vague Vs. Dr. Dog
Vividly Vague lost to God Complex in the finale of Season 5, but by doing so, he won over the hearts of many AOWL faithful. Vividly Vague tells you stories from the majority of the time from a yin-like perspective. Theatrically depicting himself from a feminine angle that makes his writing very different than most other writers on Netcees. Vividly Vague has profound insight into the female psyche and the evident courage to portray these idiosyncrasies of the opposite sex, with such fervor and zest for his character that his stories read like dope ass chick flicks. Vividly Vague fell victim to Mr. J's antics a match away from the Finale of the Winter Topical Tournament. Let that sink in. Vividly Vague is making deep runs. If Vividly Vague kept his first draft against Mr. J - He's in two consecutive topical finales. His opponent, :Dr Dog was once upon a time a rookie of the year candidate. Dr. Dog the artist formerly known as Split 8 has been on a hiatus since going AWOL on the AOWL in the mid way mark of Season 5, forcing Adonis to step in heroically leading the rest of the way. Dr. Dog hasn't dropped that definitively defining Dr. Dog verse yet. Poetically pesky with it though, often times trailing off into off track trains of thoughts like a conductor on a runaway ghost train.
One of the better voters around and one of the harshest roasters in his discussion forum history. Just ask.Masai. Does he have the focus to crash Vividly Vagues Homecoming party with an abstract verse? Or will Vividly Vague bury Dr. Dog with a senseless mauling. My spidey senses are swaying me towards Dr. Dog here. I think the 16 line format favors his style more. Look for Dr. Dog to try to remark his territory.
Dr. Dog 6-3

MMLP Vs. Just Write
MMLP, one of the most improved writers around. Under the wing of Legendary fag & friend, Baron Mynd. MMLP has stepped out of the shadow of his prominent comrades, and is standing on his two feet now, without the safety net of his Big Homies vouch. MMLP has this uncanny rhyming style that is reminiscent of fairy tellers of folklore. His skill set is steadily evolving and his progression will be a thrill to watch. Look for MMLP to elevate further this season with SRAL out of the ring and in his corner, amping him up over whiskey for breakfast. He faces off with an opponent is a Resident Marine and AOWL O.G. GI Just Write. If I can recall, Just Write was on a tear during his last mission. Just Write deploys onto the scene again with some more experience and a sharper arsenal of mechanics. Grizzled and battle tested, this storyteller shines best following suit and sticking to his guns. The question is. Just how rusty is he? He hasn't been back home to see his AOWL family in over 8 months. The PDSD could be in full effect. Look for Just Write to be firing on all cylinders, picking up where he left off, kicking ass and taking names. BOTW!
Just Write 6-4

Timeless Vs. Maximus
Timeless has been around since the NWL. Timeless is always apart of the moderation discussion. Apparently he moderated leagues on other websites.
Although Timeless has shown promise, Timeless is yet to transfer over any of his redeemable credits from previous websites, where he was once revered.
Considered lower middle tier, Timeless is still held to same esteem as those who have had the same longevity. Timeless will have his moments, but they will be few and far between. Inconsistency and lack of effort are two contingencies hindering Timeless from inevitable elevation.He faces Maximus AKA Rayge. Maximus single accomplishment includes a 2013 NBL Cypher win, that's it. A vigorous search revealed 0 open mic content. So I have absolutely no clue. Maximus will then have to link the world to his volume of work this week, as Timeless looks to get off to a quick start.
Timeless 4-2

Award Recipients

BEST PICTURE GOES TO... God Complex

BEST ACTOR GOES TO... Frank

BEST DIRECTOR GOES TO... Certain

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR ... MMLP

BEST ORIGINAL SCREEN PLAY...Vividly Vague

BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY...Pinot Grij

BEST DOCUMENTARY FEATURE...Vulgar

BEST ACTRESS GOES TO...Mr. J

Final Word

Let’s get this shit live this year. Bring the heat this season. Welcome to the 6th Annual AOWL Topical League!

Notes***
Midseason Review & Power Rankings week 8.
Contender Matche Ups scheduled for Week 5
Championship Match up implemented Week 6.
16 week season

MMLP
03-01-2016, 07:17 AM
"BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR ... MMLP"

Hahahaha!

Dope mag, liked the new ideas

Adonis
03-01-2016, 09:01 AM
Lol at best actress

Good shit though man, super excited to write, and to be clear, I still love Jay boogey.

2tripple0
03-01-2016, 09:35 AM
Dopeness

Pinot Grij
03-01-2016, 09:51 AM
Cool mag. Definitely explains the line limitation. I still have no idea who my opponent is or his background tho. Guess it don't matter.

Tom
03-01-2016, 09:51 AM
Hating someone on a rap forum is pretty pathetic. Especially when you're in your twenties and thirties. Anyways. Dope magazine.

Mr. J
03-01-2016, 11:25 AM
what a nice mag....very cute work asylum...it took you a good extra 48 hours to pull it together but you did....I applaud your contribution to a league I will bring to its knees

Just Write
03-01-2016, 12:11 PM
Very nice asylum ....umm and do I know you? Just curious because I've been gone awhile and I know people always change their names

timeless
03-01-2016, 12:34 PM
Best mag I've seen in awhile. Keep it up

Just Write
03-01-2016, 01:37 PM
timeless hey buddy, I been around man, here and there. Life gets in the way sometimes though no doybt

Razah
03-01-2016, 04:56 PM
dope shit.

I'ma post on the due date, I just be on some lazy shit mann.

PS: Me & Jesodist will write our verses in Spanish, get your Google Translate ready.

UnbornBuddha
03-01-2016, 05:02 PM
Fantastic read, truly. I have to quote the following because it is hilarious -- "Vividly Vague has profound insight into the female psyche". Bwahaha.

Good luck to all. And thank you for the award, my speech will be akin to that which Leonardo Dicaprio just gave after his well deserved award.

asylum
03-01-2016, 06:32 PM
Very nice asylum ....umm and do I know you? Just curious because I've been gone awhile and I know people always change their names

i'm patrown, bro.

Just Write
03-01-2016, 06:42 PM
i'm patrown, bro.

I knew it! Hey buddy, glad to see you running things around here man, and happy to be back as well, good luck this week!

Alice White
03-01-2016, 07:35 PM
A great mag! Thoroughly entertaining, also thanks for the encouraging words. Glad to be a part of this.

Witty
03-01-2016, 08:13 PM
A great mag! Thoroughly entertaining, also thanks for the encouraging words. Glad to be a part of this.

hoo u?

Alice White
03-01-2016, 08:21 PM
hoo u?

I'm Alice, a new participant..
and you are ? :)

Witty
03-01-2016, 08:34 PM
I'm Alice, a new participant..
and you are ? :)

My name is Witty, my old name was The Witness, my real name is Darryl King, I am Irish, I used to be a really really good topical writer, and sometimes I still am, but mostly I am just depressed and self critical to the point I hate anything I write and end up no showing and wallowing in self pity. I'm also uncomfortably honest. I have the most friends on Netcees, PancakeBrah is my best friend here, but also anyone in hollandaise (top secret nc illuminati stuff) are also my best friends, and bags but not in public, only in PM. The fox in my sig is called Fox The Tibetan Fox and he is the Deity of Netcees. People worship him, I am his advocate, I speak for him...he does not speak....because he is a fox. He is a wise fox, a kind fox, but beware....he is not a tame fox.

Alice White
03-01-2016, 08:55 PM
My name is Witty, my old name was The Witness, my real name is Darryl King, I am Irish, I used to be a really really good topical writer, and sometimes I still am, but mostly I am just depressed and self critical to the point I hate anything I write and end up no showing and wallowing in self pity. I'm also uncomfortably honest. I have the most friends on Netcees, PancakeBrah is my best friend here, but also anyone in hollandaise (top secret nc illuminati stuff) are also my best friends, and bags but not in public, only in PM. The fox in my sig is called Fox The Tibetan Fox and he is the Deity of Netcees. People worship him, I am his advocate, I speak for him...he does not speak....because he is a fox. He is a wise fox, a kind fox, but beware....he is not a tame fox.

Well, nice to meet you, Witty! I have the urge to check out some of your work now and I'm looking forward to your verse here. Being self-critical is a genuinely healthy component of every writing process, imo, if it's not overdone of course. And Ireland is quite nice, I'm from England btw. Great to meet the Tibetan Fox as well!

Witty
03-01-2016, 08:59 PM
You too.

People here will be mean to you, and because you are female they will ask for revealing pictures via PM, do not get angry or sad, stand your ground, use the word 'faggot' a lot, and you'll be fine.

Just Write
03-01-2016, 09:09 PM
You too.

People here will be mean to you, and because you are female they will ask for revealing pictures via PM, do not get angry or sad, stand your ground,use the word 'faggot' a lot, and you'll be fine.

∆ this. Oh and hi witty <3

Alice White
03-01-2016, 09:11 PM
Hah, appreciate the heads up! Is the "being mean" part a general thing on here for new people or is it exclusively for females? But I'm glad you're that nice to tell me beforehand.

Eŋg
03-01-2016, 09:17 PM
general thing. heightened for alleged females.

if dagel is allowed to compete here can you just give me him every week of the league? thx.

Alice White
03-01-2016, 09:21 PM
general thing. heightened for alleged females.

if dagel is allowed to compete here can you just give me him every week of the league? thx.

"alleged" females? well, nice to see some other females on here, we should collab sometime! ;)

Witty
03-01-2016, 09:24 PM
Hah, appreciate the heads up! Is the "being mean" part a general thing on here for new people or is it exclusively for females? But I'm glad you're that nice to tell me beforehand.

Yeah, as Eng said, it is a general thing, they are a pack of wolves who will try to take you down, but if you stand your ground and give as good as you get, they will find another target. They are good people tho, for the most part, it's just the culture here, and because you are female, they will (for some reason) hound you pretty hard. I got your back tho, they all love me, I soften their stone-like hearts.

Just Write why hello sir, how are you?

Eŋg
03-01-2016, 09:26 PM
there are no other women here.

(frank moonlighting as cherry does not count.)

Alice White
03-01-2016, 09:30 PM
Yeah, as Eng said, it is a general thing, they are a pack of wolves who will try to take you down, but if you stand your ground and give as good as you get, they will find another target. They are good people tho, for the most part, it's just the culture here, and because you are female, they will (for some reason) hound you pretty hard. I got your back tho, they all love me, I soften their stone-like hearts.

Appreciated! :)

Witty
03-01-2016, 09:31 PM
there are no other women here.

(frank moonlighting as cherry does not count.)

Silver

Eŋg
03-01-2016, 09:32 PM
Silver

@eddie

Pinot Grij
03-01-2016, 09:32 PM
Yea, remember when that whore Argh came for the Winter Topical and then dropped right off the site when she was eliminated and refused to vote in later rounds claiming that the R.H.Y.M.E. was the supreme topical text league??? What a lady faggot.

Eŋg
03-01-2016, 09:35 PM
the rhyme always seemed like a circle jerk to me but idk.

pinot i have a ns victory over you in another tournament does that mean i'm technically the winter topical champ?

Witty
03-01-2016, 09:35 PM
Eng, you believe that for real? I dunno.
Pinot Grij that's harsh language lol she's a very good writer, but yeah if she thinks R.H.Y.M.E is the best topical league on the net she is out of her mind, at one point I'm sure it was, but not now..this league is easily the best now, even with a roster that doesn't include many many of netcees best writers.

Pinot Grij
03-01-2016, 09:50 PM
pinot i have a ns victory over you in another tournament does that mean i'm technically the winter topical champ?
No, stupid. But I def made a huge mistake signing up for a short-verse tournament when most of my verses are around 40 lines each. You were beasting at that stage, tho. Maybe we'll get to tangle sometime in the future.

Pinot Grij
03-01-2016, 09:51 PM
^Yo Witty maybe I'm just pissed cuz she was among the idiots that acted like me linking a Youtube video in my verse was an affront to human literacy and essentially tantamount to child rape. Meanwhile, she was pretty just ok.

Eŋg
03-01-2016, 09:54 PM
No, stupid. But I def made a huge mistake signing up for a short-verse tournament when most of my verses are around 40 lines each. You were beasting at that stage, tho. Maybe we'll get to tangle sometime in the future.

lol. format suited me, i think. i was looking forward to tackling you but yo i barely battle. word though.

many many of netcees best writers.

thanks. i'm aloof.

Witty
03-01-2016, 09:58 PM
<3

Mr. J
03-01-2016, 11:29 PM
Pinot Grij thanks for the bump love. I enjoy the fact I'm on your mind...

its kind of weird...but thanks 'champ'

Pinot Grij
03-01-2016, 11:39 PM
No, moron - I was remarking at how your work is quite poor. You should go back and reread it - like hopefully you'll do with your verses and realize how terrible you are at this. Hop to it.

Mr. J
03-02-2016, 12:14 AM
Perhaps you should look deeper into pungency & learn more about snakes..I mean you are one...but look more into the venomous brethern of yours. I fear your lack of comprehension & simple aspect of word usage has effected you....it must be the anger that brews deep inside of you causing you to seek my attention when I have already dismissed you. just be happy people consider you a 'deserving' 'champ'

Mr. J
03-02-2016, 12:17 AM
Please....just stop while your ahead...or is it behind? You keep returning to me

Pinot Grij
03-02-2016, 12:36 AM
I fed your verse, which it turns out was absolutely dreadful. I only wish for you to improve so that you might one day be considered good at something you put so much time into. Now continue dining over okra and exotic fish, and shut the fuck up.

Mr. J
03-02-2016, 12:44 AM
Mr. J would play possum with him, trolling him into a sadistic cat and mouse game.

I fear this analogy isnt very well suiting as the days progress...

Its as if I am a humane person feeding a stray dog...then that dog is waiting at your steps everyday hoping that you would give him the same attention you did the other day, soon the person realizes the mistake & loathes every passing moment where the stray whimpers seeking attention, its a burden.

There he goes again...whimpering..perhaps this is why the saying of biting the hand that feeds you came about...is it not? whatever it may be it is disrupting my high, I thought I would help correct the stupidity that is in our presence...

what a lovely evening this is turning out to be....after a barrage of feed to my domain, I am drawn back to a childish dispute, its quite hilarious...

Mr. J
03-02-2016, 12:48 AM
I fed your verse, which it turns out was absolutely dreadful. I only wish for you to improve so that you might one day be considered good at something you put so much time into. Now continue dining over okra and exotic fish, and shut the fuck up.

oh my...you think I put time into such a piece...did you not know I drop in the cypher/freewriting cypher/at least 3 to 4 random pieces a week...

did you not know that I havent sat down to write a serious rhyme since Vulgar s tourney?

how could you not know any of this but you seem to recall a piece called Criss Cross Applesauce that was written several months ago?

how could you think that I would write anything worth reading in the OM? that desolate landscape that you ruined with your presence...

the more you focus on me...the more attention you bring there...and this....this is why I laugh...

you actually take yourself serious and its making my sides hurt....it truly is

Just Write
03-02-2016, 01:00 AM
VERSION BUILD=8340723 RECORDER=CR
URL GOTO=http://www.netcees.org/index.php
WAIT SECONDS=6
TAG POS=1 TYPE=STRONG ATTR=TXT:Art<SP>of<SP>Writing<SP>League
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=ID:thread_title_123033
WAIT SECONDS=6
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Netcees<SP>-<SP>Leagues<SP>&<SP>Tournaments
TAG POS=1 TYPE=STRONG ATTR=TXT:Art<SP>of<SP>Writing<SP>League
WAIT SECONDS=6
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Art<SP>of<SP>Writing<SP>League
WAIT SECONDS=6

^ if you know what it is.. feel free to edit and use it... if you dont... yea...

EDIT: meant to put this in the chat thread

Mr. J
03-02-2016, 01:12 AM
https://media2.giphy.com/media/HPvfnOuz1tOgg/200_s.gif

Pinot Grij
03-02-2016, 01:30 AM
Ohh, it's times like these where I am so disappointed that Cimmerian no-showed you in the semis because he would've slayed you so easily and we could have avoided this whole episode where you felt like you were worth listening to. Such a shame.

Pinot Grij
03-02-2016, 01:36 AM
Now please stop, I didn't know there could be anything worse than your verses but evidently its your trolling abilities. You say I take myself seriously, then you must've missed my verse when a man killed a special needs child for eating a peanut butter sandwich. Or the guy that drank a cup of piss to get his soul back. Or the Ultimate Warrior spaceship. I only despise you because you act like such a little bitch, and tonight's episode only proves that it's all part of your little song and dance to try to agitate. If only you worked so hard to elicit such reactions with your verses then we wouldn't be in this mess and Netcees wouldn't be forced to read the garbage you regularly churn out.

Mr. J
03-02-2016, 02:12 AM
You think what you write makes you down to earth....?

thats funny because at every turn you want to grab my attention...I have not mentioned you all day...and yet here you are...you fail to realize that no matter what you say I have beaten every opponent to get to the Finals....I toyed with the idea of no showing long before I got there & you...you tried your hardest by adding to your story whether it be videos or old verses...you say you dont take yourself serious but here you are...on my nuts hoping I would stoop to your level & write something vulgar regarding your sexuality or your lack of male genitalia...& all you can do is focus on OM verses when I have toppled better writers than you, I have defeated this leagues champ twice right Godcomplex...Idk what you are trying to prove here besides the fact you are a sore winner....you truly cant sleep because you havent beaten me...I told you I would let my pen speak here...but you would rather continue to fabricate a 48 hr extension for me and all of these other hilarious excuses you could fathom...you would rather react as a Christian would to a nonbeliever...I hope you find peace in that overenthusiastic mind.....

I find it funny that you have the nerve to question pungency by focusing mainly on smell
when your finals verse had an android speaking like it was in a play of some sort...you sir...are an idiot

Mr. J
03-02-2016, 02:18 AM
now....if you dont mind I have to prepare to get all the silliness out of my verses so I can focus on my good pal Adonis

and before you try & come up with some ridiculous response perhaps you should count to 10...have a drink...enjoy your moment in the spotlight....but thanks for sharing it with me...you have boosted me into parts unknown & it irritates you so bad...so so bad,,,

Pinot Grij
03-02-2016, 03:06 AM
Yea, you stopped speaking English a while ago. Bye kid.

Mr. J
03-02-2016, 03:49 AM
Fabricate is a big word for you huh? e's ok child I have forgiven you but do not thank me....thank the powers that be that let me know your verse is subpar to mine

UnbornBuddha
03-02-2016, 07:47 AM
Please don't bring me into this squabble and since I've been mentioned I don't think I'm a better writer than Pinot. That's all I have to say.

Mr. J
03-02-2016, 10:20 AM
Silence Buddha....I hope we meet again in this league writing against you makes me focus when I don't need to.

Frank
03-02-2016, 07:33 PM
Good work asylum

asylum
03-02-2016, 08:02 PM
thanks Frank. I'm very pleased with how this came out.

Adonis
03-02-2016, 08:34 PM
Good work asylum

:)

Silence is a virtue, and I'm glad you are here, Frankly

Adonis
03-02-2016, 08:38 PM
asylum

I almost forgot, I read you bringing back the groups and or conferences. In theory this is awesome, but in reality....

1. People sign out and in at their own leisure

This will jumble and create and uneven amount of participants in the groups as the season moves on.

there are more reasons why this will not work, but that is the only one I need to say. I highly advise against it

asylum
03-02-2016, 09:18 PM
Okay. I'll take that into consideration. If there can be some kind of variable inserted into the equation to account for this fact, I'll consider going through with it. but what you say makes perfect sense and I truly appreciate your advice. Good point.

Mr. J
03-02-2016, 10:06 PM
If its uneven just send them my way and make sure they show...right Adonis

cue a crybaby in 3..........2...........

Orc
03-03-2016, 11:21 AM
This was a great read.

Adonis
03-03-2016, 08:01 PM
If its uneven just send them my way and make sure they show...right Adonis

Why? so you can no-show some more? You no-show artist you

cue a crybaby in 3..........2...........

Mr. J
03-03-2016, 09:15 PM
Sometimes I like to bathe in salsa..

sral
03-04-2016, 06:45 AM
WHERE JESODIST AT?!

sral
03-04-2016, 06:45 AM

DOPE FUCKING VERSE ABOUT THE SUPERHERO WHO WASNT BRUH

LOVED THAT SHIT

sral
03-04-2016, 06:46 AM
MMLP WAS WHITE BOY WASTED IN THE CLUB LAST NIGHT, WANTED TO HIT ON THIS CHICK WHO WAS OUT WITH HER MOM BUT IT WAS THE MOM WHO WAS AFTER HIM AHAHAHAHHAHAA

ALSO HE HAS A LEMON JELLY VIAGRA GEL IN HIS WALLET

ROFLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

#TRUESTORY

MMLP
03-04-2016, 09:16 AM
Confirmed!

haven't finished my verse yet! hungover as fook!

Sir Oswald Gonesberg
03-04-2016, 10:25 PM
Hating someone on a rap forum is pretty pathetic. Especially when you're in your twenties and thirties. Anyways. Dope magazine.

LMAOOO AT PEAKY RHYMERS

MORE LIKE LEAKY HYMENS U HISTORIOGRAPHICALLY CHALLENGED NINCOMPOOP

IF U POST ONE MORE TIME ON THIS FORUM ILL RIP UR COWARD SOUL FROM ITS FRAIL FRAME, FAGGOT

sral
03-05-2016, 05:54 AM
GET DAT REP

Maximus
03-05-2016, 07:17 AM
Dope mag bro, well written

Pinot Grij
03-07-2016, 02:03 AM
DOPE FUCKING VERSE ABOUT THE SUPERHERO WHO WASNT BRUH

LOVED THAT SHIT

Go to OM and feeeeeeeed that shit, homey.

asylum
03-07-2016, 01:26 PM
JESODIST you need to specify a reason the verse you chose won.

Mr. J
03-07-2016, 02:02 PM
So asylum is just going to brush off his own rules...ok....I see you

Razah
03-07-2016, 02:21 PM
So asylum is just going to brush off his own rules...ok....I see you

??

On another note, is there a reason why this forum has all the season archives, and those forums aren't in the netcees archives? I dunno, it just bugs me cuz I gotta scroll down to get to the first thread.

*shrugs

timeless
03-07-2016, 03:26 PM
Week 2?