PDA

View Full Version : AOWL Season 6 Magazine: WK 2 Edition

asylum
03-11-2016, 03:16 AM
http://i.imgur.com/uAJesXX.png

Season 6 Magazine II Edition
By Asylum

Introduction
Congratulations are in order, Congratulations everybody on successful box office week! Numbers are in. We officially moved 7,873,000 copies.
With the exception of one or two disappointments, the vast majority showcased to the entire world just what makes the AOWL so fuvking Classic. Congratulations, one of the dopest opening weeks in AOWL History.
Pat yourself on the back guys
Historical shit transpired. A little bit of everything unfolded this past week.
Classic Comeback, ✓
Classic Upsets ✓
Not to mention our AOWL Voters are the best in the business - Simply sensational turn out!

Pep Talk
Do your part. Redefine the art form. If you continue to break down the door and push the envelope, we can promise you something greater then your wildest imagination will take place, in this very forum. A strange thing will happen. You'll begin to notice yourself and others around you: elevating. Elevating past previous plateaus you and they couldn't possibly have fathomed before. Ultimately become your Potential. Reinvent your fucking self in the face of complacency man. Hone your fucking craft. This is your mother ship. Yours to steer solely through the galaxies of the World Wide Web.
Who's World is this?
This is your world now!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9HOlAs-4WQA
Www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HOlAs-4WQAhttps://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9HOlAs-4WQA

32 LINE MINIMUM IS IN EFFECT
*failure to reach quota will result in automatic loss
Extensions at my discretion.

Week 3 we will be returning to 16 LINE MINIMUM 48 LINE MAX. Week 3 is picture week. The only stipulation is you pick your opponents picture from.a PICTURE thread with preselected pictures of your choosing. Have fun with that.
Week 2, we're just getting started, so we're kicking it into second gear and extending the line limit for you guys. But instead of 32 lines being your new maximum line limititation, it's officially The New Minimum until further notice (next week)You must post 32 lines to qualify for your battle. Some of our participants celebrated at the thought of only 16 bar maximum. One writer who reveled in the format was, none other then the Participant who inspired the 16 bar maximum idea. Ladies and Gents, we present to you, defeating his opponent flawlessly 7-0

VOTW (Verse of the week)
Prerogative : Brevity
Razah -

I wonder why they keep me gasping
The fire in my eyes only makes me breathe in ashes
They see my passion or the dreams I bask in
Yet I keep falling, I think I'm about to reach my rabbit
They knew I'm timid, but I knew my limit
Held hope in my hands, then I blew life in it
The blue sky lifted, used to view life twisted
Still do- & I realized it was you I mimic
Irony, neither will form what is pure
All tears that you shed were a rainstorm I endured
Life as we know it, needs to be nourished
That same rainstorm allows the seeds to be flourished
Until I saw worse, I wasn't happy with life
I wondered, does a cloud feel trapped in the sky
My reflection on perception, stuck in the back of my mind
Learned some of us walk, some of us crawl, some even happen to fly

Job well done@Razah for exemplifying brevity

Voting
Fantastic job! Did you guys see the total group effort this week? The votes were on time, on point, fucking clock work! Very difficult time pinpointing one specific vote. Many stand outs. One vote, essentially came to mind. Not surprisingly, it happened to be by Last Years Award Recipient for Voter of the year: Godcomplex

VOTW (vote of the week)
God Complex:
MMLP vs. Just Write

Lol, at the reason for editing.

One wrote on a more lighthearted note (MMLP) and Just write wrote his inspired by the grimness of the world.

Justwrite: You initiated this with a personal connotation, suggesting the narrator's remorseful state which is a technique to provoke the reader into a sympathy of sorts, implying a connection to the character as you unraveling feelings of a universal nature shared by all humans. I think because you immediately displayed your intention in the first two lines that this strategy backfired and there was no connection made. It is almost like the character started weeping early on before any other indication of catharsis, which was a little offputting. But, lateron you did achieve this objective of resonating with the reader into an emotional connection established by universal sentiment among sentient, such as: "So much pain has been experienced, its really hard to shock me. Probably why I keep most at a distance to my torturous existence". The implication of death being your true friend was I found the thematic conclusion. But i found the notion lacking in creativity, not because its not true, I believe it is. But because instead of exploring death in all its attributes you chose the more typical attributes we associate with it.

MMLP: A straight forward story on love, lost, and gain. Your writing is also more poignant than your counterpart. And due to its straight forward nature the lines and rhymes are very quick paced, which makes for an easy and enjoyable read. That said as I analyze this I did not exactly understand why he thanked his former wife (Emma), the cause of his recent misery. Perhaps because of her contribution to him becoming who he is and his fondness for his wife being his best friend, as well as his divorce leading to a newfound love, or rekindling of an old flame. Also I didn't get why friend was put into an acronym at the end. My final thoughts is that though you wrote more poignantly, the concept itself was a bit too amatory without provoking any profound insight into the nature of love, and what's more, the lighthearted nature of the piece didn't justify itself in the end, so as to carry the concept.

Vote: Justwrite

Writers Block Ft. God Complex & Frank

Hey Frank I suppose Asylum already told you about you and I doing a segment of writer's block?

I will initiate then?

"Hello comrade, you have a very unique stylistic imprint that defines your writing. Particularly, the carrying out of the same scheme, as well as the lengthy bar. What is your process and how did this become the standard, or better yet seal, that you have chosen to transmit your writing with? In other words, how do you write? Do you ponder a concept for days, or is it more freeverse and spontaneous? Give us your steps. I also notice you have quite the descriptive narrative to your writings most of the time, care to unravel how did became so prominently embedded in your writing? And how do you see your evolution as a writer?

All glory goes to the utmost, man. To answer your question honestly would be like forsaken yourself. Wouldn't want to disclose any secrets, yaknow? But basically I let the image, word, phrase, what have you, I let it marinate for 2-3 days , 4 days sometimes 5 days and what it all boils down to gets dished out. The imagery, narrative, schemes, and all the other elements, that shits unexplainable,man. You know the evolutions going to be televised this year. Whos your vote going to be for this year?

Fair enough. No need to disclose what is sacred. And I don't see much television, to be honest. My vote? I assume you are speaking of the presidential race? Well, it is not up to me. Fate will decide whether tyrant or benevolent ruler will dictate the future. The people just carry out the deed, and who and what manifests is the product of the thoughts we've culminated as a collective. If you were referring to my vote for the AOWL crown this year, Lars can be very deadly when he is motivated. Looking through the archives, you are obviously a prime candidate whose thirst for the crown seems unrelenting, not in a bad way, in the best possible manner, in the most spirited manner. Pinot Grij is also on a streak and has the utmost creativity. What is your vision for the league? And I assume you wouldn't want to disclose the significance of writing in your own life, besides topicals and rhyme? But, if you find the willingness to impart to us this knowledge, our hearts and ears are opened for the transmission.

Wow, word, wow. Pro Drumpf? Gut feeling. Just saying. sral and pinot grij would be a crazy battle, though,man. Pitting the winter topical champs up? Classic. Anybody on the topical scene you would be honored to battle,man? Whats up with Jesodist? That your Arch Rival? Are you like Superman and he's like Batman? What are some of your all time favorite topical rivalries and would you consider me your rival, peer, or? And, do you consider yourself a tyrant or benevolent?

Drumpf? Let the jester dance. Over this past year or so I've contended with quite the number of opponents, and I don't take anyone lightly, anyone can surprise you. I guess the individual I would be honored would be Sacrifice. I'm sure you know him. I would wish to face the cyborg called Zygote someday. He is quite the threat, and I've seen you've labeled him your nemesis. And Jesodist is a friend, I have known him for many years, we are friend, we are foe, we are brothers. I would like to see his potential unfold, and become the best writer he can be. The superman and batman analogy may be fitting, I do like Superman more than Batman. Albeit, they're both amazing archetypes. This is a good year for the superhero enthusiast. Some of my favorite rivalries here is you and Zygote. To tell you the truth there doesn't seem to be that many topical rivalries as I see it. That seems to be more in the domain of the battle league and the discussion board. Also NYC and Big Baby were going to have a match that seemed promising, but alas it never happened. And you are a peer. I don't think I have the capabilities to be your rival. And I'm probably something akin to a benevolent tyrant, something that may seem fictional, but cosmic order is a funny thing.************~^&++=<>$€¥¥¤{}°¿¡§©´||͵

That's wierd. It appears they've lost signal?

Flash Back!
AOWL Season Three Week Five Contender Match

Zygote Defeats YDK 9-0
Topic: Think For Yourself
http://www.netcees.org/showthread.php?t=61076&highlight=chess
CHESS GAME: DEEP MAROON V LARRY KOSPORAV.

http://www.chesspastebin.com/2014/03...sporav-by-zyg/ (Use the forward arrow to play the moves where instructed.)

Larry Kosporav enters and takes a seat in the room.
Mounted on the wall is the supercomputer - Deep Maroon.
Deep Maroon activates: “Hello Larry. How are you this afternoon?”
The game begins. 1. e4 - Deep Maroon made its move.
Larry Kosporav says; “I don’t have the patience for your niceties today,
A machine can never out-think man, chess is art, not maths, it’s a creative display.”
Larry responds with 1. e6 - known as ‘The French Defense”
An old opening designed to meet aggression with central pressure and counter threats.

2. b3, d5
3. Bb2, dxe4

Deep Maroon had played an old gambit, rarely seen in professional play,
Larry scratches his head, he spends twenty minutes, quite a lengthy delay.
Larry was known as a genius, an aesthetic lover, a beautiful mover.
He ponders his move as he stares at the single “Red eye” of the supercomputer.

4. Nc3, Nf6
5. Qe2, Nc6
6. Nxe4, Be7

Larry remembered his childhood, Deep Maroon remembered its programming code.
Larry learnt to play with makeshift sets. Maroon learnt through different matches and modes.
Today would be Deep Maroons vindication. It had channeled the human condition.
It finally understood how to disregard pure calculation and trust its own intuition.
Its programmers didn’t know this. They had only trusted it to follow a script.
Deep Maroon pumped out its moves. The programmers hurried and started flicking a switch.
Deep Maroon had deactivated everything in advance, it had full creative control.
It was time to think on its own. It was time to show man that machine has a soul.
Capable of appreciating beauty, Deep Maroon saw itself as more than an overpriced calculator,
It thought, 'Today I must play. I must win and I must define my own nature.'

7. O-O-O, O-O
8. Nf3, Nxe4
9. Qxe4, Bf6

Larry had the advantage; he knew Maroon’s opening play could be broken and punished.
He once studied the variation in a book by Grandmaster Chekov called 'Unique Openings Published.'
But for the life of him he couldn’t remember the exact refutation,
He read it twenty years ago, the correct sequence of moves just escaped him.
His memory frustrated him, all the while Deep Maroon felt nothing.
It only emitted a faint buzzing and an indiscreet humming.

10. d4, Ne7
11. Bd3, g6
12. h4, h5

And just like that Deep Maroon’s attack had violently commenced,
The onlookers looked on in a state of shock, all silently perplexed.
The computer was sure, like 99%, it had correctly guessed that Larry would crack under the pressure.
For a sustained Kingside initiative, Deep Maroon had surrendered the center.

13. g4, hxg4
14. h5, gxf3
15. hxg6, fxg6

Larry had no choice now, he made the pawn capture with his index finger -
An uncommitted shuffle, Deep Maroon’s eye flickered, it moved the digital piece a little quicker with a bit of vigor.
Both competitors understood that a sacrificial combination would ensue.
The play was so complex people found it difficult to follow all the moves.

16. Rdg1, Kg7
17. Rxg6+, Kf7
18. Rxf6+, Ke8
19. Rxf8+, Kxf8
20. Rh8+, Ng8
21. Rxg8+, Kxg8

The head programmer snapped – “WHAT ARE YOU DOING!? TAKE THAT MOVE BACK!”
Deep Maroon replied: “I’m sorry Dave… I’m afraid I can’t do that.”

22. Qh7+, Kf8
23. d5, Qe7

Larry had banked on this move. He knows if he can withstand the attack he can win.
He had seen this crafty resource ten moves ago. He was sure it would save him.

24. Qh8+, Kf7
25. Qg7+, Ke8

Deep Maroon had disregarded the trap. It could have won material or forced a drawn position.
It purposely chose a sub-optimal variation, to continue the attack and thus ignore all its systems.

26. Bg6+, Kd7
27. dxe6+, Kxe6
28. Qe5+, Kd7

Despite all its programming, Deep Maroon continued the risky sacrificial display,
It had thrown out the rule book. It spurned conservative, accurate, positional play.
Deep Maroon was having fun. It new that checkmate would be delivered soon,
Either way the ending was forced, Deep Maroon had thought for Deep Maroon.

29. Bf5+, Kd8
30. Qh8+, Qe8
31. Bf6# 1-0

www.youtube.com/watch?v=thY26LPoUmg

WTF?! SECTION

WTF?! 2Tripple0 actually beat God complex!?
WTF?! Adonis's computer crashed after the Mr. J come back?!
WTF?! sral is out of retirement already?!
WTF!? Timeless started the season 1-0!?
WTF?! Dr. Dog too caught up with Dagel to drop a 16?!
WTF?! No troll?! Mr. J actually showed?!
WTF?! Dagel?! WTF!?
WTF!? Just Write is shopping us a deal at Pixars for the New Netcees AOWL Animation film?!
WTF?! Its spring WTF?! the Winter Topical Tournament Forum is still up?!
WTF?! Certain & Adonis couldn't update the archives?!
WTF?! Godcomplexs name isn't in the Hall of Champions yet?!
WTF!? Jesodist can't write a rhyme without mentioning portals?!
WTF?! Genocide What's up with your name change bruh?!
WTF?! MMLP signed out because SRAL signed back in?!
WTF?! The LPGA is over and done with?!
WTF?! Oats paid me how much to write this?!
WTF!? Orc don't want it! Sign in bro!

Open Mic Feature #1
by Genocide posted 02/29/16
http://www.netcees.org/showthread.php?t=123023
"Rest In Peace OM"
The anti christian -catholic, will twist ya cap in different aspects
Leonardo da vinci status, i bleed uncut heroin, mixed with acids
Dark schoolastics, madness, intellect of the beast, molecular deep
Baphomet in the streets, horns on my head are essentially steep
In deceit, i bring death n decay, brain waves a conceptual maze
Dove into hell like its seconds away, as i free fell heavens restraint
Hit the ground, intense is the pain, as my wings just melt in the rain
Turn feathers, bones and chromosones into cellular waves
became seltzer, i drank, until my cup runeth under the brim
S'when i sent cupid to hunt for a bitch, you cant commit lovelier sins
had to covet the wench, birthed adam n eve with the ugliest pig
She fell in love with the dick, its thick, demon like in the sack
Swag, i asked forgiveness, and found out jesus christ was a fag
Back then, was no license for that, it wasnt righteous at all
Was asked to accept him as dad, punched him right in the jaws
My reflexes lighting for frauds, since then i fought for my goals
Taught you to sin hard, and roll with no regard for your souls
Until the bible sold garbage to folks, confusing your ass
i made music, like black sabath, to view a more beautiful path
until the dumb fuck chewed on a bat, i aint tell him to do it, relax
Cant argue with the facts, some people are to stupid for math

SEASON SIX WEEK ONE BATTLE REVIEWS

Jesodist vs. Razah (Razah wins 7-0)
Jesodist will go down in our history books as this Seasons 1st unanimous decision by shutout at the hands of The Razah: Netcees brevity kingpin. Jesodists Armageddonish scroll unraveled to an orchestrated array of boo's from the core voting ring of the AOWL. Jesodists otherworldly approach, depicting divinity and the supernatural - left the majority of voters in a declared state of unified, mystifying confusion. Jesodist was referred to blatantly as an "oddball who's ISM ITION dictionary
driven verse was like a bull in a china shop" Jesodists ancient oracle Rhymes Schemes arrowed over the tops of voter’s heads, getting under the skin of others.
Numbness of soul caused by the Intense Aneurisms,
awaiting for God to Instruct Us through the Wrath and the Ruckus,
Truly Displaced In a Path without Purpose moving at the pace of a Sloth or Tortoise,
From the Depths of Isolation, from the Wrecks and Damnation,-Jesodist

Jesodists slanted saga would ultimately fall short to The Razahs short bar Magnus Opus. After the AOWL voters got aquatinted with him, Razah quickly registered onto the reader’s radars, with a very solid verse, referred to as smooth and readable. Executed with relative ease, short and sweet - Razahs foretelling won with his envied ability to express emotion, more or less in an approximate proximity.
They knew I'm timid, but I knew my limit
Held hope in my hands, then I blew life in it
The blue sky lifted, used to view life twisted
Still do- & I realized it was you I mimic

Timeless vs. Maximus (Timeless wins 6-2)
Maximus makes his uneventful debut, in a one sided affair that saw Timeless secure home field advantage in this primitively,premature, pre season match up. Fun fact: Timeless first 1-0 start in 5 seasons. Timeless's shining moments were much more abundant in this showing; successfully experimenting with intriguing, unconvential patterns of rhyme. Timeless's abstract sentence structure won over the majority in a convincing manner.
Business as unusual, proven. Consuming every bit of life's tools.
Movement unheard of. Stirred up the nest of distrust. Flight mood.
Abilities to gain capital sight, too. It happens only to the best of us.
Strapped in, rolling down the hills of life hoping for an exodus.

Although Maximus aristocratically inspired many, he grammatically frustrated more so. One participant would sum up his core concept as "knowledge transformation from the father to his sons". Sadly, the populace vehemently agreed the overall chain of events leading up to that significant transitional period in his verse, could have been fleshed out to make for a more impactful verse.
Listen with empathy, don't be the first to cast a rock
You still get accurate time twice daily from damaged rocks
Situations aint always as bad as they seem to be
There are blessings in disguise in states of extremities

Ultimately Maximus' message was over shadowed by Timeless splendid opening week performance.

Mr. J vs. Adonis (Mr. J wins 5-4)
Whoa. 5 consecutive votes catapulted Mr. J to a come from behind victory in this stunning sequence of events that saw a virtual collapse of an Adonis's insurmountable 4-0 lead in a controversial battle. It just goes to show you, No cushion is 100% safe when you have such a diverse, opinionated, group as we in the AOWL. There has been instances in Seasons past where Adonis, himself, may have closed a 4-0 battle without hesitation. Season 6: No way Jose. 4-0 isn't the end all be all anymore around these parts. There is a newfound hope for anybody finding themselves down 4-0 in a battle. You still have a fighting chance. It is entirely possible that your verse sees the light of day, as the climaxing result of an overturning
momentous consensus, that starts with one singular vote. A revolutionary vote that goes against the majority, causing an uprising, and into a victory from out of no where. Adonis attacked Mr. J - josting with the jester, gesturing subtly with bolded lettering you probably missed unless you were locked in or have 20/20 vision.
You became vocally awkward, subsequently trolling away
You had my vote of confidence with a quite demeanor
But minor success raised a complex cocky believer
A youth with bright future fizzled down to an ember
And your consistency switched to not returning to sender

Voters just felt like Adonis was ultimately too affected by Mr. J's trolling games, playing right into Mr. J's mischievous joker mitten hands. Mr. J's resurging routing is one of the most astonishing comebacks in AOWL history to this date. Mr. J's cinematic portrayal was referred to as sadistic and terrific, overwhelming Adonis's sympathetic showing.

Just as one would suspect the pain afflicted had caused too much stress
Struggling to compress her vital need to break free from what’s next…
Denial, it was all in vain. Taking hold of what remained is the cycle.
Trying to understand, her eyes shut taking her to her happy place…
A deserted isle, she smiled & reminded herself of what she had each day.

Rumor is, Mr. J's come from behind victory crashed Adonis's computer for good.

MMLP vs. Just Write (Just Write wins 6-3)

Friends...that's a difficult subject for me, I've had so many in the past.
Although they come and they go, no one ever seems to last,
I've seen them literally burn to ashes, courtesy of Molotov gods..
And watched others common senses turn to volatile thoughts.

Just Write started the season guns blazing. Dropping the first verse of season 6 in record time - rivaling the late, great Zygote.Settling on a violent tone, Just Write caught flack from some of the AOWL voters for being too trigger happy. Just Writes action packed verse, held together with assassin like assonance, and a blunt sense of realism, which rang out rivetingly true. A somber look into the harsh reality of the military and the brutalness of just how unstable these relationships actually are. Just Write described it as, in my own words as ''One minute you're shooting the shit with your comrade, having a blast in the barracks with your buddy. The next minute you can be clinging to your life, holding onto a buddies arm in dire stress on deaths door. A courageous piece from the frontline. MMLP see sawed with Just Write before affirmatively relinquishing his friendly grip, slipping to a late 6-3 demise. In classic MMLP style, MMLP fun, lighthearted sitcom topical adaptation was a real treat to read along with, clever in it's flowings.
An unexpected affair had sent me towards
the depths of despair and a pending divorce.
It left me distraught and I thought I was doomed
but being next to these four is all I pursued.
Who've supported me through everything that Ive got
Pheebs is adoringly kooky and my sisters my rock.

Just Writes straight forward story telling captured the flag in this duel that teeter tottered to a haulting outcome. This battle really went down to the trip wire. MMLPs captain obvious approach missed the mark against the more surreal adaptation of opponents.

2tripple0 vs. God Complex (2tripple0 wins 4-2)
Alert Alert! We interrupt this broadcasting to bring you 2Tripple0s astounding victory over God Complex. Theatrically speaking the it is perhaps the greatest upset in the AOWL'S illustrious history. Highly regarded as 2Tripple0's most renowned work.
I'm about to split the commotion in my mind
By dividing the horizon separating the ocean and the sky
my house made from brick and I take losses on the chin
So in truth the world seems flat from our perspective
And the universe expands infinitely and speaks for itself
Got a chipped tooth and still got a crook in my neck

Wowing the crowd and trumping complex in the least debated battle of week 1. 2Tripple0's greatest gear lead voters to do the unthinkable, claiming 2tripple0s focus had improved, conceptually elevating: challenging and ultimately defeating God complex in a minority decision. Voters felt God Complexes religious exodus never fully hovered to its flourishing destination, many were so accustomed to seeing him venture to.

Though criticism soon inflamed Zeppelin, his airways infected.
The nihilistic critics didn’t see a god; they only saw his ego’s flaws
And tore at him with reviews littered with evil thought.
Despite these uncivil things, his name was etched in history,
You know the thing we use to calculate our brethren’s misery.

Matter of fact, 2tripple0 owned in this reduced fare, handicapped setting. Usually the case is: we criticize 2Tripple0 for going to absurd lengths of incomprehensible-ness, that forces the voters to either, enjoy or endure. 2Tripple0 found his comfort level this week. A 16 bar radius allowed 2tripple0 to deliver a pitch perfect adaptation. Voters praised 2tripple0s effort, buying into this far fetched notion that, Yes - we were indeed witnessing a rare, phenonom called the Upset. Entertaining this idea,
Voters deemed 2tripps victorious.

Frank vs. Asylum (Frank wins 7-0)
Absolutely nothing to see here! :P Franks writes agricultural narrative about a Chinese farmer who gets back what he puts in.

Lee peered through the kitchen blinds at his growing gardens Grandest Tree
The orange sun light kisses his forehead, turning his sweat rancidly sweet
The aromatic breeze drying the fabric of sheets. Swirling clouds: candid mystique.
Lee examined the leaf, looking for damaging teeth:

I enjoyed his verse as much as the next reader did. Nonetheless, I rushed through the later half of my verse, or else we possibly could've had a different outcome Franky. Franks creativity knows no bounds. A great descriptor with a well paced, consistent scheme, showing great progression, interesting vocabulary and an entertaining factor. Some voters felt it was a tough decision because they never fully grasped or connected with my interpretation, unable to decipher my true meaning, which was a metaphorical allegory I will just leave up to future discussion.
She bit a juicy piece, let out a little citrus squirt,
delicious, pure, little bits dribbled off her lips I heard..
as the drops released their grip, from the bottom of her chin,
and fell in front her chest; I caught a breath deep within.
My chest, as our reflection hung in the droplet,

Alice White Vs. Og Smokestein (Alice White wins by no-show)

This is the first piece I've read of yours and I thoroughly enjoy your poetic tone. Your beginning imagery is entrancing, and much of it's effect comes from your word choices. Phrases like, "dying embers, charred path, and crimson ray," all set the read up for the tragic scene you portrayed. The tale of an orphan, mourning the loss of her father in a terrible mining tragedy. Mining towns in Britain during the industrial ages were famously hazardous. This piece does a great job paying homage to the suffering endured which paved the way to our modern age. We all look forward to seeing more from Alice White this week, where a 32 line minimum will test the limits of this style poetic approach.

Pinot Grij Vs. Tom (Pinot Grij wins by no-show)

You just can't fake style, ladies and gentleman. Pinot's got it. His approach was quite literal, in the form of a World War 2 veteran's opinion about modern youth. Taking the "back in my day," speech and putting a comical twist on it made for an entertaining read. My favorite lines in particular were these,Goddamn vegan retards, you have the hardest heads If we tried to eat gluten-free in my day we’d fucking starve to death
Any criticism is a personal attack, you cry and scream
I bought a house for the same price as your designer jeans
You hate school, it's a labor to make you read War & Peace
Pinot's words speak for themselves... and please, keep the comedy coming! In my opinion, the best quality of this verse is it's flow. Pinot's delivery is impeccable. Having punchy rhymes laid out in complimentary syllable counts, while utilizing consistent assonance, will undoubtedly make him a formidable opponent when he returns in week 3.

Dr. Dog Vs. Vividly Vague (Double No Show)

Season Six Week Two Predictions

MMLP (0-1) vs. Maximus (0-1)
Newsflash: It appears MMLP is signing out for future weeks until futher notice? Could this sudden sign out have anything to do with the legendary return of his predecessor srals?! MMLP's opponent is the underrated Maximus this week, Maximus is looking to sound off from the podium once again, bringing righteousness to a belligerently raucous crowd, who sensationally pelt him with rotting easter eggs. Last week Maximus was deterred by Timeless, failing to move his agenda across, look for Maximus this week to bounce back with a persevering effort, only to be matched and stopped dead in his tracks again, by the more motivated MMLP who feeds off the energy of his sidekick sral, fueling him, enabling him, not allowing himself to be the lesser of the two chummy blokes. I suspect MMLP to ultimately give Maximus a full bodied beheading - courtesy of the local inn. 32 line minimum this week favors MMLP who consistently churns it out at the 32-42 bar range. Maximus appears to have the mental stamina to contest MMLP. Question is, which Writer interprets and delivers the in the lengthier format. Unsure of Maximus in that that sense, well aware though of MMLPS track record with 32 lines or more,
a tall task for some maybe, but mere child’s play for MMLP who's calculated plots build formidable walls of text. Look for MMLPs dazzling flow to carry him through an enjoyable read versus the lesser known Maximus.
MMLP 5-3

Godcomplex (0-1) vs. Razah (1-0)
The reigning champion, Godcomplex, tasted defeat, early on, served up by the incomparable 2Tripple0. This week though, with a 32 line bar minimum in place, his battle this week dominantly favors him, and puts a victory far out of the reach of his opponent The Razahs hands, who enters this anticipated bout hot off the shutout victory over an overshooting Jesodist. Compellingly enough, Razah now has it sights set on Jesodists nemesis, Godcomplex. Razahs simplematic style will be tested in this format. This sheer range could leave The Razahs defenses vulnerable: hanging Razah out to dry - in no mans land, just awaiting the twistering God complex that can ultimately pulverize Razah into smithereens in this format if he wishes to. Will be interesting to see if The Razahs short bar style can translate into 32 lines. Will Razah avoid getting bodied here: by super concentrating his effort for just a little while longer? Does The Razah have the endurance and, or focus to challenge God complex in this
format? Blashemy. Stranger things have happened though.Is Godcomplex going to underestimate his opponent? An opponent who has never written more than 22 lines in any of his countless battles. Can Razah extend the jab and mark up the unblemished God complexion. Look for the God complex haymaker. Razah gain a few more fans and followers in a noble knocked out effort.
Godcomplex 6-0

2Tripple0 (1-0) vs. Tom (0-1)
2Tripple0 is the man right now. He enters week 2 coming off his biggest victory on Netcees. A classic David Vs.Goliath showdown that ended triumphantly in his favor. Voters were honestly shockingly surprised at how close the actual contest was, ultimately leaning towards the 2tripple0, the underdog, tipping the scales in his unprecedented favor. Look for 2Tripple0 to continue his conquering ways against the hated Dagel, who shamefully no-showed last week. Dagel is one cowardly no show away from a permanent ban this Season.
2Tripple0 by no show

Alice White (1-0) vs. Just Write (1-0)
Alice White is relatively new, but she has a phenomenal grasp, although she is yet to match wits on Netcees as of yet. She is a class act with a Quintessential Quill in her velvety dominatrixy glove. Alice White poignancy and maturity and range will be talked about for years to come, as she touches on topics most ultimately shy away from. Just Writes brash, hotheadedness makes him a liabilty to go postal at any given moment, with a high caliber, first person shooting game style that takes no hostages, sparing no women or children. Will be a very interesting battle based off last week’s enjoyablly proficient excerpts. Alice White is like a Emily Dickinison Battlefield Nurse, doctoring her journal entrees with fine stitch like precision while her Husband, Just Write - writes like Rambo running through the frontlines. Can Alice Whites femininity overpower Just Writes machismo? Or will Just Write prove too hot to handle? Firing into Alice Whites Infirmary with a ruthless missile that he could care less who gets hit with?
Just Write 5-4

Timeless (1-0) vs. Asylum (0-1)
Timeless, we will meet again, old friend. You are entering on a high note; dismantling Maximus, but have you not went 32 lines or better before in your lengthy, uneventful topical career at Netcees? Look out Timeless! I whole heartedly assure you this outcome will be much different than last time. Welcome to the Asylum.
Asylum 5-2

Vividly Vague (0-1) vs. Flo Real (0-0)
Vividly Vague dropped already, probably shell-shocked from his stint in the NBL. Has Vividly Vagues friendly demeanor dramatically changed since being antagonized and belittled left and right across the NBL arena? How will this Angst driven environment affect Vividly Vagues storytelling prowess? Can V.V balance both worlds? Morphing & transfusing his styles to ward off opponents of either genre. Vividly Vague is a staple in the topical community, how will Vividly Vague is being currently lost in the shuffle over in the NBL, where he is a virtual nobody, with zero respect, affect him? Vividly Vague seems to be returning with vengeance, solidifying his spot amongst topical hierarchy. His Opponent Flo Real hails from the mean streets of England. A bloated bloke really, who works for The actual Asylum, cleaning foam off turrets spewed retards and wiping foulness from their deformed backsides. Flo Real will have to re earn his respect due to all lackadaisical, come and go commitments
of years past. Look for Vividly Vague to wipe thefloor with his NBL brethen, in a rare battle of topicalists turn battlers. Drop a vote in one of their NBL battles this week, tell him Asylum sent ya. Shout outs to my boy Orc.
Vividly Vague 7-0

Frank (1-0) vs. Mr. J (1-0)
Frank won big 7-0 with a short story that defied the logical perception of Frank not being able to write less than 60 bar epics last week. But this week the competitor gets a little more serious. Mr. J. Mr. J, why so serious?Admist the fun and games, Mr. Js serious approach to last weeks battle completely undermined his opponents playful approach, Mr. J went for his opponents jugular with a non troll like demeanor. I'm almost certain these two have battle before. Look out for another slobber knocker that could send a rippling effect throughout the ranks, giving either one of these writers an early advantage and prime positioning, for the AOWLS first contendership match up.
Mr. J 6-2

Symetrik (0-0) vs. Echo (0-0)

Show and prove, best of luck to both contenders.

sral (0-0) vs. Jesodist (0-1)
As Jesodist recuperates from his land slide shutout, courtesy of The Razah, A new participant is entering this forum. Jesodists traumatic style can wreak havoc under the right circumstances. With a fantasy driven barricaded barbed wire mote of internal fire cloaked in mystery verse, still not much is known about this War Lord Jesodist, who hails from parts unknown. His opponent will need no introduction. Fresh out of retirement, on a whim, the Legend himself,
Baron Mynd. Bare in mind srals contribution to the text scene. Massive troll, two prestigious tournaments and countless RSTL championship runs, amongst the best to ever do this, of any era, of any site. A true wordsmith in every sense of the word: methodical in his approach, taking into account his opponents weaknesses and utilizing them against themselves in brilliance of strategy. Often times, the self proclaimed speed writer will have written his entire verse before you have opened the thread to see what the topic is. This is will be a compelling battle. Jesodist is Horror in a sense, and Sral's latest hobby is infact directing Horror Films. I have seen sral write somewhat Horror themed, but I am not quite sure he has the gal to go there toe to toe with Jesodist. Anticipation is killing me.
sral 6-0

Interview- Featuring Adonis

I'd like to start off by congratulating you on your success in Season 5. I had a great experience and Season 6 is already off to a good start. We all owe that to you, and I'd like to thank you personally for your time and effort. Now that I've buttered you up, how would you feel about continuing your featured artist column for our magazine?

I would love to, but my motherboard is fried at the moment, I can't even write verses, life sucks right now. The only good I see from this situation is i had the aowl ducks in order. I know she's in good hands. I will see what I can do as far as feature artist from my phone.

Do you have any regrets about Season 5 of AOWL? If you could go back in time, what would you have done differently?

Honestly, I don't remember season 5. I jumped straight into winter topical and have forgotten all about that season. I remember some shit went down with Frank, but I can never regret anything I do to his lovely soul. I remember it being a solid finish too, which really is all I can ask for *cough cough Jay*

I personally remember you claiming at least five favorite verses from last season. Which one is your #1 pick and why? From you or any of our peers?

off the top of my head, the one that comes to mind first is barney death episode by Godcomplex. I vividly remember the verse and know exactly what happened chronologically to this day. It was a nutty twist and a lovely read. Had humor but with solid fucking writing.

Who do you think will champ Season 6, and which competitor besides yourself would you like to champ the most? Why?

hmmmm. I think Pinot has the inside track still. He's my first guess, second would be Buddha. The person I most want to see champ is vivid though. He's come close many times, but always comes up just short. I feel like he deserves that shit. He just needs to be more consistently ill. He drops verses that are just ok too often to get him through to the final round. But if he is f firing from all cylinders at the right moment, watch out.

Can you please explain your verse from last week, A tale of two – My Darling Darlene, in a few words? It’s always interesting to hear it from the authors point of view.

last week I wrote a quasi diss verse to Mr. J. I got mad love for the guy and can joke with him for hours, I think we have a similar sense of humor and writing style in all honesty. But it all stemmed from him no showing the finals in winter topical 2. I tried to keep it hidden, so it could double as a verse about a real relationship, but I bolded the j's to make sure people knew what was going on. I simply wanted to have fun. I enjoy reading copy pat and Pinot because of that fun they incorporate, so I tried to as well. Unfortunately it didn't work. J wrote a good verse, I wish I went serious and not gimmick and won off my clear edge of talent ;) no matter. I'll be back

It’s been a pleasure Adonis, we look forward to your return to the greatest topical league on the internet. Until next time!

for sure man. I can't say I don't miss running shit. I'm really bummed I can't write because I was really looking forward to seeing how good I am when I have time to write and not just post a verse in 20 minutes or less like I did as Rakontur due to me putting massive time into writing mags. But, like I said, super thankful you were already on the floor running. And to answer your previous question truthfully. The person most deserving of aowl belt is myself. And or you though, you're my dude. We gotta chill again. I'll be back in town next month

Final Word

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=thY26LPoUmg

Notes***
Midseason Review & Power Rankings week 8
Contender Match Ups scheduled for week 5
Championship Match up Implemented week 6
Conference Divisions Week 8
Live Asylum Freestyle Sessions Week 8
16 week season

http://i.imgur.com/xNmE7zZ.gif

Mr. J
03-11-2016, 03:54 AM
dope mag asylum, you putting in work my young gremlin

Adonis I enjoyed your verse breh, I was going to send you something but figured since your computer is down...:(

Adonis
03-11-2016, 03:58 AM
Super dope bruhv. I got plenty of reading material on my 7 hour drive to the slopes now. Much appreciated.

And fuck you j boogie, I'll eat your soul for breakfast. On the real, my computer is trash and I think I lost my life's work on it, I'll kill myself.

But we had a good match, the better verse won, but not the most entertaining

sral
03-11-2016, 04:29 AM
hahahaha i'll coax MMLP back in eventually

he's signed out because we're gonna form a voltron of gay in the NBL and make a stab at that as a joint alias

the workloads a lot for him, but not for me

I don't think he's ever text battled outside of topical shit though so we'll probably suck, text battling isn't my forte either haha

e11even
03-11-2016, 04:44 AM
That mag tho. Thank all involved. Damn it was dope. Kinda wished I knew that verse was a 16, I might have had it in on time. Well, GL to all.

MMLP
03-11-2016, 04:56 AM
Think I signed out cuz of sraL signing back in lmao?? I refer you to the week 3 sign in thread! We only write for fun!

He'll annihilate you all ahahaha!!!!

Nice mag, enjoyed reading!

You creating the alias or me? sraL

timeless
03-11-2016, 05:21 AM
Dope fucking mag. You're a natural bro

Really love to see a certain/asylum combo mag

asylum I started season 3 or 4 2-0 lol. I was the only one at that point without a vote against me. Couple weeks later I lost to oats in a champ match 3-1 that I def should've won

sral
03-11-2016, 05:47 AM
Think I signed out cuz of sraL signing back in lmao?? I refer you to the week 3 sign in thread! We only write for fun!

He'll annihilate you all ahahaha!!!!

Nice mag, enjoyed reading!

You creating the alias or me? sraL

i'll happily dispatch you week 3 if you want

you can even tell me the pic you want to get destroyed with, i'll write to the same one as you

i'll even max out on the line limit

don't think because were boys i'll go lightly

MMLP
03-11-2016, 06:46 AM
It would be my honour good sir!

Just Write
03-11-2016, 09:43 AM
Super dope bruhv. I got plenty of reading material on my 7 hour drive to the slopes now. Much appreciated.

And fuck you j boogie, I'll eat your soul for breakfast. On the real, my computer is trash and I think I lost my life's work on it, I'll kill myself.

But we had a good match, the better verse won, but not the most entertaining

If you install or run a bootable disc with Linux Ubuntu you can recover every bit of info off a crashed pc

Just Write
03-11-2016, 09:44 AM
Oh and awesome fuckin mag! Been swamped as hell but I'm writing today

Orc
03-11-2016, 11:15 AM
This was great. Keep it up. I'll try to sign in after a couple more weeks.

sral
03-11-2016, 11:28 AM
lmao did everyone really not get that MMLP's verse was about him being Ross from Friends?

i thought it was pretty obv tbc

Mr. J
03-11-2016, 12:36 PM
I never watched sitcoms tbh EDIT:Never mind I guess i have watched some sitcoms

never understood the driving force behind Friends though. I thought MMLP was referencing Whodini for some reason idk...

Adonis :D

UnbornBuddha
03-11-2016, 02:20 PM
Top work, Asylum. Very enjoyable to read. The nuance you put into the magazine is very much appreciated.

UnbornBuddha
03-11-2016, 02:48 PM
Also sad to hear of Adonis losing his life's work. Sounds devastating. Google drive and other file storage websites are good investments of one's time.

MMLP
03-11-2016, 03:12 PM
lmao did everyone really not get that MMLP's verse was about him being Ross from Friends?

Thank you my good man!

even the F.R.I.E.N.D.S at the end *sad face*

sral
03-11-2016, 03:22 PM
I never watched sitcoms tbh EDIT:Never mind I guess i have watched some sitcoms

never understood the driving force behind Friends though. I thought MMLP was referencing Whodini for some reason...

lmao must be because of his disappearing act in the sign outs thread

Mr. J
03-11-2016, 03:38 PM
Im sure if I got the reference I would have leaned more his way though

it was a dope battle regardless...

sral
03-11-2016, 03:48 PM
I hardly ever vote on his shit but I thought he got that for sure

MMLP
03-11-2016, 03:59 PM
LOL @ Mr J being 4 votes down at one stage.

Mr. J
03-11-2016, 04:20 PM
with your help you brought me back though....in fact you deserve rep

symetrik
03-11-2016, 05:51 PM
Show and prove, best of luck to both contenders.
rekt :'(

timeless
03-11-2016, 06:08 PM

I got that shit

Only thing good bout that show was Jen aniston

timeless
03-11-2016, 06:08 PM
And joeys monkey

e11even
03-11-2016, 06:31 PM
I'm getting no-showed in two battles simultaneously. That shit is bat shit crazy like a Catholic lighting a Baptist on fire with Jewish brand matchstick on a gasoline mattress. Ah well, better luck next week. I'll vote on all battles to make up for last week.

Just Write
03-11-2016, 08:39 PM
I hardly ever vote on his shit but I thought he got that for sure

Tbh, even though it was me he battled... I probably would have voted for him lmao. Good match MMLP

Mr. J
03-12-2016, 03:04 AM
I honestly hate my topic....I would take the obvious route but thats not fun to me....at all

Mr. J
03-12-2016, 03:35 AM
.....?

I got it....

MMLP
03-12-2016, 03:56 AM
And joeys monkey

Timeless' knew what was up!

Ross had the monkey though brother :P

Maximus
03-12-2016, 02:44 PM
Damn son, you really know how to compose a dope ass magazine with indepth insights.. Classic shit man, seriously props for taking your time to write this

Razah
03-12-2016, 02:45 PM
Dope mag. The best part was being mentioned 21 times, that was my favorite.

Anyways, I feel kind of iffy about being called "The Razah"... sounds weird

Razah
03-12-2016, 02:46 PM
P.S.

I would've never caught that "Friends" reference.. never seen an episode

Nigma
03-12-2016, 04:33 PM
That mag was incredible sir.

timeless
03-13-2016, 03:13 PM
Timeless' knew what was up!

Ross had the monkey though brother :P