PDA

View Full Version : NBL Week 11 Mag: Amy Jo JORCson Edition

Orc
03-23-2016, 06:56 PM
NBL Week 11: The Introduction

https://media.giphy.com/media/ifIVqZVrFWAOQ/giphy.gif

What's up, fellas. That's right, it's Pink Power Ranger week. Don't front. You had a crush. Anyway, last week was our worst to date in terms of noshows and it's all down to the barren week. Believe me, I know there's nothing worse when you're struggling for motivation. You're at home wondering ''why the fuck do I even text battle?!'' and then there's no magazine. It's NBL Suicide. I would like to remind you that you text battle because it's fun. It's a specific and a creative form of writing. It's also a way to go down in Internet History. That's not a joke, either. How many people do you remember from 10 years ago? At least a couple of names. And they were the best. If you're trying to create a legacy, the NBL is the place to do it. ''Well, shucks Orc, you're damn right, but why wasn't there a mag last week?''. There was no Mag because my co-mod Allen Knight told me to take a week off but life happened and he got caught up at work. That's life. He then obviously couldn't complete it, and by that time I couldn't write one as the verses were already wayyy past due. Fuck it though, we move on. It didn't hamper us too much considering more people signed in; some old names like Swerve, Cashius and Suth popped back up and an even older name reared it's head in Toil. These are all dudes who have champed leagues or tournaments in the past. Think of all the people that have been in this season it's fucking crazy. I'd say at least 60 people have competed so far. Thanks for showing up and for the most part dropping bars last week for those that did, and for not complaining too much about the lack of mag.

Week 10: The Reviews

https://media2.giphy.com/media/nQCUk19WgHre8/200.gif

Hush vs Strange

This promised to be a hot battle. We had the Netcees Legend vs the Rap Battles Legend. Two Juggernauts of the text world. I've said before that King has the best style on RB in regards to matching up well over here and he's proved it so far in the league. Hush is still on his dropping nothing but bars swag. His style is a lot simpler than what it used to be but it's concise and tough. I think last week was his worst verse in a while but I know he struggled for motivation hard due to there being no Mag. There was a lot of simple lines like raise blood pressure and the show guts bar. It still had some vintage Hush though with the desert and cap lock lines. I think that King was trying too hard maybe to negate Hush's gun bars by dropping a few of his own and that hurt his verse overall. I would have preferred he drop his usual slick shit but I respect that he chose to take that route. Overall I do think it was close and more people should have voted but they're cowards and Hush got the dub. Props to the dude for retaining his title.

Jilti vs VividlyVague

Jilti is the dude from RB that claims he ain't from RB. I think he is anyway. He's Greedy, right? I don't know, man. He's had a few bad experiences with Netcees but he can certainly drop a polished verse. The problem is, I haven't seen him come up against a top head on here yet. He has a pretty record but he needs to be tested to break out from that mid-tier. As for VV, he's adjusting well and I can see subtle differences in his wording and it shows. Each week his verses are becoming more aggressive and directly attacking his opponents which is perfect as it's what he needs to do to improve. I can see him coming along really quickly if he keeps it up. I liked the chess board line from him even though it had played elements it was delivered slick. As for Jil, he had that Rainbow 6 line that was funny and the RV was cool too. Overall the voters felt that Jilti won.

Destroyer vs Useless

Useless has been making waves over on RB and is the current LLL Season Champion. So far he's struggled to replicate anything near that feat over on this site. That's down to motivation. I think he struggled with that again in this battle. Neither were happy about their opponents picture but it effected Useless more. Destroyer has been doing good this season. He'd probably do better if he didn't sign out every two weeks, though. I think he beasted a little this week. I liked the spray tan and decking line. Polaroid was nice from Useless. I think he lit a fire under Des though and it worked out badly for him this week. Hopefully he shows up this week and doesn't sulk.

Orc vs Blam Newton

I have a pretty good idea who Blam Newton is and it's not Neighbor. I just couldn't think of anything else so used the Home Improvement bar as a cheap quoteable. I'm a real one, though. I'm not about to reveal someones alias just because we're battling. Even though Blam used all the usual played personals on me so it wasn't really fair haha. Biting bars in 2016 will not get props my dude! Anyway, it was a good battle. His verse was consistent. His verses are always consistent and that's what makes him hard to beat. I thought the Horrible Part line was funny. Voters ruled it 6-1 in my favour but all of them said it was very close. Props on a good battle my dude.

Suth vs Junto

Suth is an old Illesty head like myself and Murda Sho. He's dope and has his own style that doesn't conform. If you ever see me do ---> this in a punch I unashamedly stole it from him. He's obviously going to be rusty at this point but I have to say that I was actually impressed with his verse. His wording is as crisp as ever and the lines that were played he had no way of knowing. Junto is Junto. I don't know who he is to be honest haha but he's dope and very consistent. This wasn't his hottest verse but I think maybe he underestimated Suth coming into this battle. I did think the blanket statements line was fireee though. Overall, he won 4-1 in a nice battle for two dudes jumping back in the ring.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Week 10: No Show Shine

https://media.giphy.com/media/KiBWAKqtS7hzW/giphy.gif

Wanderer

If the berettas talk to each other you die pal & that's a promise
When one's fired the other goes off like there's bad morale in the office
hahaha this is tough, nice wording
You ain't fooling anyone into thinking your writing's immense
You're never gonna pull off the Context when <that nearly always makes no sense
nah bro this is forced ironically
Each battle you put in more effort just to lose again so I ain't care
Keep spinning ya wheels so much.. Just shows you're probably a retard in a wheelchair
nah this wasn't great, the concept just wasn't there to begin with and then you had to use wheel twice. you shoulda scrapped this one
I'll press the silencer against your forehead. Gripping wit both hands
Then I'll pull to see fluid spraying out everywhere like shaken up coke cans
okay, it's not bad but it's not too hard. pretty simple in the execution
Listen, you're fake & not smart & .50 cal rounds'll take you apart
Call the scope on my rifle the cardiologist.. I make sure it's only trained on your heart
this was mean i done the screwed up face that happens when you read a tough bar

Overall a decent verse. The last couple of weeks I think you've been coming into your own and have been flying under the radar with some heat. This verse had two bangers. All you have to do now is weed out the bars that you shouldn't drop and add more effectively to the ones you should keep.

Pinot Grij

You can diss Pinot or Pulse.. don’t matter, your nameplays are garb
I got 2 Reps, while you can’t even bench that with no weights on the bar
it's an obvious connection to make and a played idea but it works because the wording is so smooth
And ya girl want my babies, I can tell every time that I smash it
She’s hopin’ 1 Seed goes all the way like a March Madness bracket
same as the above to be honest. old idea, relevant flip helps
An’ you ain’t gon’ scrap – drop the act, you’d neva, fam
You wave your hands around but won’t actually touch shit, you a weatherman
bit of a streeetch conceptually but i love the creativity tbh
My battle with Hush? That was a clash for the Crown between ruthless beasts
An' it's the first Game of Thrones you watched without jackin' off to the nudey scenes
funny but not hard hitting
You from RMBVA - you don't belong with these real bars, so go home
You just an Internet Explorer so it's only right you get taken out by the Chrome
this was a throwaway bro and you know it haha

Overall this was a cool verse. I can't tell it was uninspired even though it had the usual Pulse wording. Fluid lines that make lines hit that maybe shouldn't sometimes. I like how you always try to put a creative spin on a concept and don't use the most obvious. You were a breath of fresh air in the NBL if I'm honest. There's so many people who have been on this site years that still can't champ the NB and you came over from the topical side and did it with ease. Props. I'm just annoyed you signed out before I got the chance to beat you, bro.

----------------------------------------------------

Week 10: Top Punches

https://media.giphy.com/media/JGdG6rMBdshkk/giphy.gif

Destroyer

are those cheekbones or knife scars? that bitch's makeup is caked, man
and she stay in the coppertone pose like we don't know that's a spray tan

Suth

Look. You're homo, stop. Before I give you that hobo hop..
By pullin the joint out the side of your leg- 80's style, nigga. RoboCop

Hush

kill ur whole family and never snitch. Tell the judge that my gat pop
give a fuck about a lower case they can put my sentence on caps lock

Strange

n If u hit on dimes ur just spinnin wheels, short aint attractive
Halfling bastard, if u peel off a skrrt it's cuz u saw me comin n gassed it

Junto

If I'm not the best tell me who they rank the greatest, I'll bash their face in
U usin my style can't be slept on. But ur verses are pillow soft. Ur punchlines are blanket statements

CMON BRO LINE OF THE WEEK:

Jilti

i got crazy lasers on some dragonball z shit
watch Vegeta beam to the chest and die like he did

https://media.giphy.com/media/rh8477lN9Tt8A/giphy.gif

------------------------------------------------------------

Week 11: The Previews

https://media.giphy.com/media/2EDC3yEp7YVQk/giphy.gif

Championship Match: Hush vs Orc

Not much to say here; Hush is the dude. Good luck.

Contendership Match: Jilti vs Infiltration

I've said previously that I haven't seen Jilti in a big match yet on Netcees. This is his time to shine and really prove what he can do. His wording is sharp and he drops some funny shit so it's all about whether or not he folds under pressure. Infiltration is back in the contenders match this week and he's fallen at the final hurdle once already this season. I know he's hungry to champ the NBL even though he'll probably edit his thank you speech if he ever does. I think that Infiltration is cooking right now to be honest and he will probably edge this one out. I'll keep an eye on Jilti, though.

Destroyer vs Swerve

I'm sure this has probably happened like 10 times by now. I'm not sure who's up, though. Swerve is an old b-boys head with a consistent style that rarely misses. His problem is that he can be boring sometimes and rhyme like one syllable. No doubting his ability as far as concepts go, though. This is Destroyers breakout season. I don't care if he's been around since season 3, lol. He's mixing it with the top heads this year and his wording is much more crisp than it used to be. Maybe he finally stopped taking pointers from Bags. I think this will be close and I'm leaning towards Des only because Swerve hasn't been active lately and I'm not sure if he's rusty or if being rusty even affects him.

Useless vs Schadenfreude

I matched these up because Useless noshowed Schad earlier in the season and I wanted the battle to go down. There was some smack talk at that time and now that there might be some animosity it could make for a dope match. Useless lost in a pic battle last week vs Des but there's no shame in that because that's where Des is at his strongest. I hope he comes back motivated this week and doesn't shirk is duty. Schad has been a consistent force this year and has a good attitude. He never complains when he loses and is gracious in defeat. I think that if they both show Schad will edge it because Useless will be angry about last week and just throw up whatever. I'm hoping I'm wrong, though. If Useless doesn't show he's not getting back into the league. Come on bro. Don't be that guy. Do it for the lime.

JShazo vs Cashius

JShazo the RMBVA gunbar king vs Cashius the king of .Org. Or was it .Co. I can't remember. Cashius was killing it for a time though but I'm interested to see if he can hang at the top now that all the big hitters are back battling and motivated. He's got a smooth style not unlike Junto in terms of execution and is usually really consistent. JShazo will be looking to win this week though after taking a loss last week in such a lazy fashion. Don't worry though man it's happened to us all before. I think that Cashius will come out swinging here and try to make an impression. While JShazo maybe won't know what to bring to counter it, so I'll give the advantage to Cash. JShazo could upset though if he comes with his best bars, there's no doubt about that.

Blam Newton vs Strange

Both of these dudes are dope. Both are also coming off of a loss last week and will want to make it right. Strange will be looking to bounce back after falling short at the final hurdle and Blam will want to put himself back into contention for another Contendership match. It comes down to who wants it more. I do think that Strange has been taking more care with his verses and making sure it's top quality stuff that he puts out. Blam, on the other hand, has been rushing it at times and just posting verses to make the deadline that seem uninspired. I think that Strange wants the win more at this point in the season so I'll give him the edge.

Lotto Smirk vs Cable

Lotto has been noshowing like fuck lately and Cable noshowed last week which is why I paired them both together. Lotto's problem is consistency but it's getting harder for him to improve as he's not dropping weekly. You need that feedback and critique to get better dude so try drop consecutively these coming weeks. Cable is an alias and from what I seen briefly he looks like he's pretty good. I've only seen one verse so far. I think there's more chance of Lotto showing up so I'll roll with Lotto.

Suth vs Wanderer

Damn this is actually a sleeper. Both dudes are nice with it. Wanderer is coming into his own and has been dropping bangers in his verses these past few weeks. He's just struggling for consistency. Suth had a tough battle last week vs Junto considering it was his first one back. I think he's more clued in this week though and will avoid anything he thinks will be played. I'm not sure who I think will win this one. It's a toss up. I'll say that maybe Suth will want to show that he's still dope with it and could catch Wanderer sleeping. Wanderer might underestimate Suth. I hope that he doesn't.

Junto vs Toil

Junto came back to the NBL last week which was dope to see. He won his battle easily enough too although his verse wasn't as good as some of the stuff I've seen from him in the past. Maybe he wasn't motivated, though. It happens, especially with no Mag. This week he wanted a roast battle and he got one so I know he's going to drop some heat. Toil is an old head. Older than my time, even. I remember reading some verses of his, though, and from what I recall that dude was nice with it. It all depends on how rusty he is. He's been away from the game for a few years while Junto is relatively fresh under this alias. I think that Junto will win because he's going to know what the voters will warm to, while it will take Toil some time to adjust. Hopefully it's a dope battle, guys.

Wear Shhh vs VividlyVague

Zelph has won two noshow battles so I matched him up this week with a dude I knew would definitely show. I'm not sure how good Zelph is or if he can even really battle as I've seen nothing from him yet. He's been voting, though -- so he gets a pass from me. VV is still adjusting to text after many years topical writing and it's no easy feat. It's hard to be direct when you're attacking your opponent and not over complicate the wording. Think of it, you've spent years writing subtle stories with intricate wording and now you're calling someone a faggot in a concise, well executed way, lol. He's made vast improvements thus far and all he's missing now is the execution. I can only implore him to read some of the top guys battles and see how they word their stuff. If he doesn't lose faith and sticks around he will be dope in no time. This week I predict him to win. I don't know what Zelph will bring.

----------------------------------------------------

The Orctro

https://media.giphy.com/media/q6xZZjijb46E8/giphy.gif

That's it for this week dudes. I reached out to a couple of people for Interviews but got no reply as of yet. It's like everyone wants a mag but nobody wants to actually help with it. I'm not surprised. I do this shit for two reasons: the good of the site and the good of the league. This is the last great mecca for writers like us on the Internet. Take ownership of it. I'm also looking for someone to help me mod in here if anyone would like to take the step up. Let me know. I also would like to say, from a Moderator standpoint, that you guys have been dope this season. Keep it up. There's been a minimum amount of bitching, zero sway threads and no nagging at me about decisions I've made. For the most part you dudes have been humble in victory and gracious in defeat and for that you have my utmost respect. This season is flying by and the league is as alive as ever. We're at week 11 now so there's only 5 weeks left of the regular season. If you're eyeing that belt you better make a move now. Don't let it escape you for another year. Start spending a little more time on your verse. Tweak your wording. Be more creative. Think outside the box. Then who knows? Maybe you'll be the next NBL Champion. Orc over and out.

SHECK WES
03-23-2016, 07:15 PM
It's like that tho

Dope mag

Cred
03-23-2016, 08:03 PM
Props on this mag here Orc dope shittt.

jilti
03-23-2016, 09:50 PM
Good mag but once again im not from RB. Its already been proven im not. Ive posted pics that prove im not

Hush
03-23-2016, 11:16 PM
Dope

Schadenfreude
03-24-2016, 12:15 AM
Dope zine.

Useless
03-24-2016, 12:26 AM
Twerk ur wording

Kenny the OG
03-24-2016, 03:56 AM
Wowww I had no idea this was still poppin. Fresh

Orc
03-24-2016, 07:38 AM
Good mag but once again im not from RB. Its already been proven im not. Ive posted pics that prove im not

Who are you? whats your history? To me you're the walker texting ranger guy. Who's that then if it ain't you? Please answer all questions

Kenny the OG sign in bro

Wanderer
03-24-2016, 07:50 AM
Dope shit

Diablo
03-24-2016, 08:00 AM
dope mag bruh

jilti
03-24-2016, 08:22 AM
Who are you? whats your history? To me you're the walker texting ranger guy. Who's that then if it ain't you? Please answer all questions

Kenny the OG sign in bro

I started this textceeing thing in 2014 as jilti, no other names

King
03-24-2016, 08:58 AM
dope mag Orc.

Useless
03-24-2016, 10:52 AM
Wowww I had no idea this was still poppin. Fresh

Welcome back bro. Sign in

JShazo
03-24-2016, 12:23 PM
awesome editorial

e11even
03-24-2016, 04:50 PM
thanks for the mag :)

Blam Newton
03-24-2016, 08:42 PM
Good battle Orc. That superhero landing line should've gotten way more love.

Letterman
03-25-2016, 03:35 AM

Kenny the OG sign in bro

Joog'n

Useless
03-25-2016, 01:40 PM
Jilti is not joog'n

Orc
03-26-2016, 08:58 AM
Good battle Orc. That superhero landing line should've gotten way more love.

thanks bro i thought so too actually haha