PDA

View Full Version : NBL Week 13 Magazine: The ORCivia Wilde Edition

Orc
04-07-2016, 02:22 PM
The Introduction

https://media.giphy.com/media/EFeEGogg8LHq0/giphy.gif

What up, fellas? Week 12 was popping; I can't front. We had some fire battles from the likes of Cred & Strange and some individual highlights from the dude JShazo. Overall I have to praise all of you dudes for continuing to drop the kind of bars that has this place thriving right now. There's been a real resurgence since I stepped up and decided to put forth some effort and it's great to see. We had a whole load of sign-ins for this week with the likes of Hall of Famer Cronus hopping in after a long hiatus. The legend that is Hush also hopped back in. There's also some other dudes who can bring it like Aero and Ronin that have signed up. Next week is even more stacked and I'm excited to see what the newcomers can offer the league. A lot of the RM guys have decided to join and that's dope because JShazo has been doing well so it's always bars over bullshit. One thing I want to ask you guys is: how would you feel if I extended the league? ''What Orc!? It's alwayyys been 16 weeks''. Yes, I know that. Thank you, Mr. Midtier who likes to complain, but hear me out. This is the best season we've had since the original Netcees and we're getting more and more sign-ins each week, it'd be a shame to end it in 3 weeks and let the place stagnate. We should strike while the iron is hot. I'm thinking a 22 week season. Anyway, let me know your thoughts on it and I'll take them into consideration before I make that decision.

Week 12; The Battle Reviews

https://media.giphy.com/media/2IqZAw2y5ldwA/giphy.gif

Championship Match: Orc vs Jilti

Jilti didn't really bring it like I thought he would but maybe he was overthinking it a little too much. If you're going to stick to a short line battle vs me then you need to be really consistent because I usually have two or three bangers in a 10 line verse alone. The Junto line was a pretty cool personal, though. I'll get that fucker next time, Junto the Goon. The verse Jilti dropped just ran out of steam which hurt him, the closer seemed like a throwaway. The opener was nice, though and set the tone well. As for me, well... I had the Bubble Mouth opener and the Ninja Running bar that people seemed to be digging. Overall, it was a decent battle but I swept the votes and defended the NBL Title.

Contendership Match: Destroyer vs Schadenfreude

Both of these dudes had battled previously in the season and Destroyer came away with the win. This time, though, it was different. They pic battled last time whereas this match-up was a regular battle. I think that's what gave Schad the edge because Des is dope at pic battles but when it comes to reg I feel like he sometimes overthinks it and drops some obscure concepts. Schad has a more straight to the point style and I think that's what garners votes right now in the NBL. It probably helped him edge it here. The voters felt that Des slipped up and didn't drop his best verse which allowed Schad to grab a win. It was a close battle but the voters all ended up voting for Schadenfreude and he gets to face off against Orc for the second time this season.

Toil vs Cashius

When I set this up I knew had potential to BOTW if both dudes really brought it. I wasn't sure if either was suffering the effects of rust. If I'm honest, they both killed it in their own way. I hadn't read much from Toil but I knew he had a reputation back when he used to do this and he came through with a dope verse. I think that he still needs maybe two or three more weeks of just working on his delivery to modernise it but once he does he'll be a threat to the NBL Champ. That's if he stays in. Cashius is probably my favourite to read right now. That's a big statement because I used to dislike his style but now I see I was being an idiot and it's actually got a lot of swagger to it. He had a really slick verse and didn't take Toil lightly at all. He was lucky he didn't, to be fair. Overall the votes swung back and forth in a really close battle but Cashius just edged it out in the end. Props to Toil for not complaining, too. That's what I'm talking about.

Strange vs Cred

Both King and Cred have been on RB for years so I'm pretty sure they will have battled before; however, I don't think they'll have had one quite like this. I'm sorry but this was flames. They both are the most non RB battlers in the history of RB. I say that because I associate RB with really bland wording like say a Feeble Minded or even a Cry. History shows that RB writers don't do well in other places. In comparison, both these dudes have really slick and modern wording. Cred dropped early last week, as he is wont to do, and I immediately thought ''yeeeesh! King is going to have to bring it to get the win''. Unfortunately for the dude Cred, King done exactly that. It was a fire battle though with sooo many quoteables from both. The Big Worm line had me doing the screwed up face and then King had the gunbar line which just ended the battle for me. Overall it was closer than the votes showed at 6-0 but King came away with the win and earned himself a Contenders match.

Lotto Smirk vs Sharp

This was a close battle in terms of votes and also in terms of the quality of verse. The reason it was close is because both of these dudes came with pretty uninspired bars. They're both capable of a lot more than what was shown in this battle and I was actually disappointed. I struggled to find a line that I really liked, and I'm quite fair in my analysis. I don't know, man; there were a lot of tired angles and cliched phrases used. Sharp has been away a long time, though, and I know he will come back swinging. Lotto just rushed his verse too. People were saying Lotto robbed Sharp but you're honestly 49% retarded if you think that. The battle could have went to either dude depending on your style preference. The battle ended with Sharp losing by one vote which he wasn't too pleased with. I hope that you both step it up this week and bring some fire like I know that you can.

Wanderer vs Artifice

Artifice is an old Netcees head that used to go by the username MaGic. I remember the name but I think he was more of a topical head. It seems like he's going to give text a shot now too, which is dope. From what I've read he can be pretty good just needs to shake that rust off and get up to date on what's been done. Also, if he does lose, I hope that he continues to want to battle and get better because that's so important. I thought his handle line last week was pretty clever but the rest fell somewhat flat. As for Wanderer, he's got a very raw style that's still developing but he brings at least one banger in each verse. He reminds me of a young plump@Bags. The London Dome line last week was slick. Overall the voters felt that Wanderer done enough to win the battle last week and he got the dub.

VividlyVague vs Tic

Tic has been making waves on this site for the past while and now the time has come for him to truly break into the top tier. His NBL title came when the league wasn't at a high point so I'm sure the dude wants to prove his worth and grab it again. Last week he faced VV who has been working hard to better his text battling skills. The challenge proved to be too much for VV this week as Tic came through with his usual blend of clever concepts and fluid wording. He needs to cut out some of the leftover wordplays he likes from the longbar days, though. Stuff like the Pasteurize bar. VV had a good showing, there were some forced wordplays but he was trying to be creative and I respect that and it's a shame he signed out when he was starting to fulfill some of the potential that I seen in him. Tic was simply too much for VV here and got the win with ease.

Kenny the OG vs JShazo

I matched these dudes up because I like the both of their styles and wanted to see how it would play out. Kenny has always had a more guttural and rugged style and I think once he shakes the rust he'll really do well because that's the kind of shit people want these days more than ever. I think Ken was really eager to drop and that hurt him this week because he rushed his bars. Don't get me wrong, he still had some hot shit but I think in retrospect he'll wish he didn't drop so quick. JShazo beasted last week and I think now he's going to step it up and go on a tear. He had the stone cold bar, the futurama one (which was crazy) and the hood customs bar whereas Kenny had the opener and the cloned beef. It was a nice battle but JShazo did more than enough to get the win. I'm looking forward to see what these dudes bring next week.

Writers Corner
featuring Barcotic

https://media.giphy.com/media/iwk72KVRFbC6s/giphy.gif

What's gooood, Cro. What do you think of the state of the NBL currently and what made you pop back up after your long hiatus or self-imposed RB exile?

ay that's exactly it, the state it's in made me come back. it's lookin like less trolling n more bars, reminds me of the original 'cees bruh. gonna be honest I did read u vs hush an that basically pushed me over the edge I was already peakin down from

Yeah, we're definitely getting this place back to what it should be. Thanks man that Hush battle was fire. So, obviously you're HOF on here under the name Cronus but tell us a little bit about your text battle history for those that don't know...

started out under the name Vicodin at rapboard.com alongside country aka god of war. from there I converted to long bar under the name NME at urbanflows w/ the likes of beyond n a few others. then it was rb.. eventually became Barcotic n that's when I really developed THE style. obviously came to the original netcees, killed shit under an experimental alias kinda name (Cronus), etc etc... u kno the rest. here I am

Yeah that was insane when you started killing it as Cronus. I had no idea. We know you were one of the top heads on Netcees for a time, it's crazy that you haven't champed the NBL, are you looking to claim that title?

well I champed Nbl pics but yeah of course I am, I may have waited too long to sign in tho. n bad luck like that is what I'd prolly blame on not champing regular nbl. I wasn't really a part of the large majority of it. ur right tho, how tf did I champ 15 different things and not nbl?! lol

Hahaha word man that's what I'm saying. Who are your all time top 5 text battlers?

in no order I got hens, kung, blue, neigh & orc.. gotten the privilege to battle 4/5 of 'em too, beating 3 at least once. hens had my number twice tho, I wish he made another comeback

Dope list right there. Damn, thanks for the props too man. Respect. Yeah I got the others on that list besides Kung. Never got the chance. Who do you think are your biggest threats in the league currently?

hush n urself if we talkin biggest threats, but they're are plenty more where that came from, the league is oozing w/ talent right now n I fucking love it

I definitely feel you on that. There's so much talent in the league now it's encouraging as fuck. I'm thinking about maybe extending the league to 20 or 22 weeks. What do you think about that?

um yeah, that works for me

Good looks on the interview. Anything you wanna say to finish?

nope, I wanna go back to sleep lol

Writers Corner
featuring Cred

https://media.giphy.com/media/WWnyPSQDjQDIc/giphy.gif

What uppp Credential? What you thinking about the NBL this season?

The NBL's looking dope right now, hella og's around. That's always dope. There's been alot of niggas dropping fire recently, the mags on point, etc. All in all one of the best NBL seasons in a minute. Props to the boy Orc for all the effort he put into running it though.

Yeah there's so many people crawling out the woodwork lately. Tell us a little bit about your text battle history, you started at RB, right?

Yup, started at RB a while ago. I was never consistent though. Always off and on dealing with hella shit off the net. Found out about NC bout 2-3 years ago and been texting here since. I fuck with the lime.

Why do you think so many dudes are using gunbars right now and why are they getting so much love?

I think it's pretty dope that they're finally getting acknowledged. I remember losing hell of battles over the years for using to many gun bars, especially on RB. But that's been my style, it's cool seeing others rock with it though.

Yeah I remember when dropping those lines was taboo. Who are your all time top 5 text battlers?

$pitacular gotta be 1

Feeble Minded
Hush
God 0f War
murda sho

As you can tell by my list, my preference is more harsher/direct disses over humor/wit.

To each their own my dude. Dope to see murda sho on there. Who do you think are your biggest threats in the league currently?

Definitely the boy Orc & Hush. Strange, I see you. Cashius been droppin sum heat lately too.

I'm thinking about maybe extending the league to 20 or 22 weeks. What do you think about that?

Hmm, I'm not sure how I feel about that lol.

It's just to maximise on the talent we have right now. Anything you want to say to sign-off?

Props on running a dope league this season. Looking forward to the fire verses the rest of the season has to offer. Gun bar OG signing off.

Week 12; Top Punches

https://media.giphy.com/media/aT0tcg75FxaWA/giphy.gif

Cashius vs Toil
Ex just split...Now he's depressed and shit to the point he might stalk her.
It's quite awkward....dude turned blue and started touching more boys than a White Walker

Strange vs Cred
On RB u champed nothing, tbf they aint on the gunbar tip
But how u gun line king when ur mid tier on the site that loves that shit

JShazo vs Kenny the G
Animals in my arsenal you can get the eagle or I can choose the llama
Shot after shot, have his body full of crazy metal like Roberto from Futurama

Orc vs Jilti
This guy is a lame; altho I suggest a lighter with flames
How u got Bubbles coming outta ya Mouth that'd put a Comic Writer to shame

Toil vs Cashius
Too weak for this match, as I sweep the clash you’ll hide at home eating trash..
Guess we’re alike after all: cus while you’re cleaning out cookies, I’ll be deleting ***he

JShazo vs Kenny the G
Don't come with that tough shit like you even begin to pose a threat
40 chrome to ya dome'll put ya skull around ya back like Stone Colds vest

Cred vs Strange
All I talk is guns & money.. & hollows cus them shits burn
Grip firm. Bitch I'm putting more rounds on ur head then Big Worm

Week 13; A Look Ahead
by Useless

https://media.giphy.com/media/ZDBhPs0tWZaUM/giphy.gif

Champ Match: Orc vs. Shodenfrooden
Yes, that's how u pronounce that cluster fuck of a name lol. Anyway, I can't see Orc losing this, only reason shod is here is cuz he got two ns wins from me and last des dropped the worse verse I've ever seen from him. I sweartagod if I see another frank castle/punisher line this season I will hack the site and end txt completely, not really but whatev. I gotta give shod some props tho, he drops some good lines here and there, he's consistently aite but I don't remember seeing a haymaker from him. Consistency wins battles tho, but Orc is one of the most consistent txtcees out here and he's usually good for a dope bar or two each verse. Shod's got his hands full this week and I just can't see him pulling off the upset.

Orc 70/30

Contender's Match: Strange vs. Tic
Pretty sure these two have battled at RB a few times, and prob for the LLL title. This has the makings to be a really dope battle if both dudes put some time and effort into their verses. Tic is a former NBL champ but there was a lot of controversy surrounding that win so I think he's looking to get that x2 and silence the doubters. I also think strange is lookin to champ the league before the playoffs, and beating tic then Orc would really send a message that the hype is real. I'm leaning a little toward strange on this one, not much tho cuz tic is a beast.

Strange 55/45

Cashius vs. Aero
Not sure why Orc matched up aero, who's 0-0 against the 2-0 cash, maybe cuz its getting towards the end of the season and he wants to see dope battles, and this has the potential to be a dope battle. I could see it being battle of the week. Both dudes are super consistent, but I think cash is the slight favorite here. Just because he's got more ammo to use against aero with personals. But, aero has had some time to write, he hasn't battled since the LLL finals iirc and when aero has time like that he usually puts out a dope verse. I could see him winning this battle, cash is a monster tho lol.

Aite, the real me wanna see aero trash. He garbage. Nothing but short line yo girl bars. Aero lost every battle he ever been in. Asian mahfucker.

Cashius 55/45

Barcotic vs. Infiltration
This battle is already open for votes and its pretty good so go vote!

Kenny the G vs. Sharp
Here's another match up that has all the makings to be dope. This is the dark horse for battle of the week tbc. Both dudes been on hiatus, Kenny a lot longer than sharp, and both are looking to get a win to go beside the loss from last week. I think both dudes got something to prove in this battle. Kenny got upset last week in his battle with jshazo, and yes I consider that an upset. Kenny was dope back in the day, champing LLL and NBL simultaneously. He was gone for like 5 years and seems to be shaking the rust, if he gets back to his old form I could see him doing some damage in the league. I thought sharp won his battle last week but it was really close, hopefully he puts a lil more effort into his verse this week.

Even 50/50

Allen Knight vs. Ronin
Nice to see allen knight back in the league, he's got a lil more time to write now that I'm co-modding the NBL. Ak is the wp wizard, he's dropped whole verses of nothing but wp and won, even dudes that don't like wp fuck with him lol. He can get out there with it sometimes but he's usually consistent and doesn't have a lot of misses in his verses. Not sure who ronin is but he's got his hands full with a hall of famer this week.

Ak 60/40

Destroyer vs. Cred
I consider both these dudes to be at the very top of mid tier, and thats not an insult, its a compliment lol. Cred been real inconsistent lately tho whereas des been doing his thing in the league this season. He hasn't champed but he's been in a few contenders and champ matches, he just can't quite get over that last hurdle (prob cuz he's old af). His verse last week was pretty bad tho lol, just being honest. After beating me in a dope pic battle that verse was a major let down and for that reason alone I gotta call this one even.

Even 50/50

Jilti vs. Hush
This a beef battle that both dudes requested. I can't recall if they've battled before tho cuz this has been building for a while. Jilti a weird mahfucker. He zelph's bff and they always vote for each other, but he's also inconsistent. Not with his lines, but with entire verses. One week he'll drop a nice verse with no misses, the next week he'll drop a garbage verse with only one hit lol. Hush is Mr consistency, even his ehh lines aren't complete misses. He been taking on this new style that I'm not particularly fond of lol but this week I see him going back to the old hush with super personal lines that hurt peoples feelings.

Hush 65/35

Zelph vs. Toil
Zelph is garbage tbh. I don't recall ever reading a line he wrote that was good, he's had a bunch of ehh lines but never anything better than decent. Toil an old school dude who's been shaking rust, but his battle last week with cash was fire. I think he's got his shit together now and should easily win this.

Toil 100/00

Lotto vs. JShazo
Both these dudes won last week in what I consider to be upsets. Lotto beat sharp n shazo beat kenny. I like lotto, when he puts the time into his verses the dude is good, but it seems like he always rushes. Shazo and kenny had a good match last week, I see both of then carrying they momentum into this week.

Even 50/50

Plot vs. Adverse
I've seen some plots battles and he's decent, never seen an adverse verse so I gotta give plot the edge.

Plot 60/40

Textcellence vs. Bomb Bard
Same with this battle, I've seen bomb before but never seen text so i gotta go with bomb.

Bomb 60/40

Artifice vs. Joe Boston
Open for Votes

Wanderer vs. Habitat
Open for Votes

NBL Power Rankings
by Useless

https://media.giphy.com/media/7jre4dMmBeXeg/giphy.gif

1. Orc -
He's still the champ, so he's still holding down the number one spot, and he'll probably be here next week too.

2. Hush -
And hush is still at the number two spot. Nothings happened to change that, and unless he loses to jilti he'll be here next week as well more then likely.

3. Cashius -
I almost changed this and put strange here, but Cash's verse last week was nice and earned him another week at the #3 spot. I only see him going up from here.

4. Strange -
King is still at the 4 spot. With an impressive win this week he could jump up a spot or two tho.

5. Tic -
I almost put Barcotic here but he just signed back into the league and he's gonna have to put in some work before he gets on the list. Tic been flying under the radar this season and got a contenders match. He's in the same boat as the other guys, with a dope verse and win he could jump up a few spots.

The Orctro

https://media.giphy.com/media/KGfsUDnfF4R5C/giphy.gif

Well, that's it for this week, you dudes have a lot of content to read which is dope. Thanks to Useless for his contribution it's always appreciated. I just want to say that a lot of you dudes have been dropping bombs this past couple of weeks so keep it up. There's still a few weeks left to champ the NBL and make a name for yourself. Then you've playoffs, only 8 people have ever won that. It's an exclusive club. Give yourself the best chance to join it. As ever I urge the top heads that lose not to sign-out. Everyone loses. This is for fun and creativity. Don't take a loss so personal. Don't get angry, get better. Improve. Try harder. Have a think about why you didn't get the votes and tweak your verses to have more impact. Big shout out to the new dudes signing in next week. Stick around, get involved and drop some bars. Everyone make sure to post your opinion on the league possibly extending.

Adverse
04-07-2016, 02:31 PM
As a newcomer to the league I like the extention idea, gives us new guys a chance to earn a spot, as well as for the fact that this league really has NC thriving again. Good read fellas, if you're interested in seeing a verse from me I got a couple open battles in the BA as well.

SHECK WES
04-07-2016, 02:32 PM
Lol good shit

I should be in contenders soon

Habitat
04-07-2016, 02:38 PM
cool read. Props

Barcotic
04-07-2016, 02:59 PM
good shit Orc Useless already looking forward to the next

been thinking about the 22 weeks thing, tbh I think 20 would be more ideal. 4 week extension, not too long but enough

Iunno that's just me

SHECK WES
04-07-2016, 03:12 PM
Oh and yes to the extension

Toil
04-07-2016, 03:18 PM
Good battle Cash, first time I've enjoyed writing in a long time.

Was impressed with the quality of the votes actually, lots of clear break downs (with one exception lol - you know who you are)

Tic
04-07-2016, 03:26 PM
Dope mag as always. Thanks for putting in the time to write these, whoever contributed. Fire verses are just part of what the NBL has become. Mags add substance. But we owe it as writers to bring the heat. Appreciate it week in & week out.

Lotto Smirk
04-07-2016, 03:37 PM
Word dope mag Orc n useless props to ya both, I think extension idea's good idea I was gonna run something if you shut it at 16 just to keep stuff going anyway.

Schadenfreude
04-07-2016, 03:47 PM
been thinking about the 22 weeks thing, tbh I think 20 would be more ideal. 4 week extension, not too long but enough

I second this 20 weeks would be ideal.

jilti
04-07-2016, 03:49 PM
Great job on the mag

Cred
04-07-2016, 03:53 PM
Fireee mag

But word, 22-20 weeks does sound dope.

Allen Knight
04-07-2016, 03:56 PM
dope shit yah'll, mags fire. props.

King
04-07-2016, 04:43 PM
very dope mag. i'm cool with an extension to 20 weeks. 22, idk. if this goes too far into summer we'll start losing people. at least thats how i remember it always going down. Orc

and 4th again huh?

k...

Aero
04-07-2016, 04:45 PM
Yoooooooo dope mag. Few things.

- Orc please include some black girl gifs.

- it is not necessary for everyone to ride Orc's dick it is getting ridiculous.

- top punches were cool. I liked Strange punch the most. Speaking of, are you really King from RB? I've read some of your HOF versus there & thoroughly enjoyed.

- Useless the whole "even non wp heads fuck with Allen Knight" comment is just not true. We don't respect the way he over does WP it's sad.

- the toil 100/00 prediction lol

- very top of midtier comment towards Cred and Destroyer was disrespectful.

Schadenfreude
04-07-2016, 04:50 PM

He had half a Black girl last week w/ Halle Berry.

Useless
04-07-2016, 04:52 PM
Orc I was actually thinking about asking ur opinion on extending the league earlier. U read my mind.

20 weeks sounds dope pending on the activity of week 16.

Schadenfreude
04-07-2016, 04:54 PM
Champ Match: Orc vs. Shodenfrooden
Yes, that's how u pronounce that cluster fuck of a name lol.
No that's not even close.

Ronin
04-07-2016, 04:59 PM
Dope mag

Useless
04-07-2016, 05:01 PM
No that's not even close.

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/pronunciation/english/schadenfreude

Shodenfroydah or wtf ever. All I remember is it was shod n not shade.

SHECK WES
04-07-2016, 05:02 PM
G shit that nigga has the worst name ever

Kenny the OG
04-07-2016, 05:03 PM
Salute on the mag. Good effort and it shows.

Schadenfreude
04-07-2016, 05:05 PM
http://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/pronunciation/english/schadenfreude

Shodenfroydah or wtf ever. All I remember is it was shod n not shade.
Fuck the dictionary, ask a German.

G shit that nigga has the worst name ever
Do u really wanna compare names. dude?

King
04-07-2016, 05:09 PM
Yoooooooo dope mag. Few things.

- it is not necessary for everyone to ride Orc's dick it is getting ridiculous.

- top punches were cool. I liked Strange punch the most. Speaking of, are you really King from RB? I've read some of your HOF versus there & thoroughly enjoyed.

- Useless the whole "even non wp heads fuck with Allen Knight" comment is just not true. We don't respect the way he over does WP it's sad.

- the toil 100/00 prediction lol

- very top of midtier comment towards Cred and Destroyer was disrespectful.

yea same king. appreciate the props

SHECK WES
04-07-2016, 05:15 PM
Ay come on at least my name is sayable and gives advice

SuckaFreeCashier
04-07-2016, 10:12 PM
jesus this long af but super dope. good work fellas

Hush
04-07-2016, 10:47 PM
You doing your thing bro

Appreciate it

Extending is a dope idea

Ghost1
04-07-2016, 11:07 PM
Word with all the interest an activity Def a smart play

Still surprised to see people popping out the woodwork consistently in these past few weeks lol

Props orc

King
04-07-2016, 11:19 PM
the turnout really has been crazy. way beyond what i expected

Toil
04-08-2016, 05:49 AM
Dope mags makes a dope league. Everybody loves reading about themselves.

No surprise to me to see loads of sign ins