PDA

View Full Version : Week 9 Chat & Predictions

Adonis
04-27-2016, 09:28 PM
Topics Explained:This weeks topics are all quotes from one of the greatest human beings to ever live. I don’t know Vin Scully personally, no. But, what I do know is the soothing and calming voice he has blessed myself with personally is something that will sorely be missed. Vin Scully has been announcer, broadcaster and play-by-play game caller for the Los Angeles Dodgers since they were the Brooklyn Dodgers. He has been broadcasting for this single team for 65 years (1950-present) and the Dodgers just officially changed the road that leads to their stadium “Vin Scully Lane”, they did this before he retired, class act. I know most of you may not get it, but I feel like I have known this guy longer then my mother, it’s weird. This will be his final season. Enjoy.

Vin Scully Week Quote Week

(6-2) Champion Timeless vs. (5-1)Artifice

Topic: Naturally there will come a time, when I will have to say goodbye, but I've soul-searched and this is not the time.

Contenders Match
(3-0) Adverse vs. (3-1) MMLP

Topic: The roar of the crowd has always been the sweetest music. It's intoxicating.

(5-3) Asylum vs. (2-0) NYC

Topic: It's a wonderful feeling to be a bridge to the past and to unite generations.

(3-3) Breathless vs. (6-2) Frank

Topic: The only thing I hate - and I know you have to be realistic and pay the bills in this life - is the loneliness on the road.

(3-4) Symmetric vs. (4-4) Mr. J

Topic: That is the way this game is -- you win, you lose, you celebrate and you suffer.

(3-3) Adonis vs. (0-0)Razah

Topic: She may be the most energetic woman I've ever met. I just marvel at her optimism and her ability to get things done. She just can't be contained. She's bubbly beyond effervescent.

Three-Way Match - Sorry, hopefully someone will sign in and I'll re-combine this with same topic if needed.

(0-0) Aero
(0-1) Cereal Killa - 0 votes - Should be signed out, but I'm nice
(1-3) Innovator - 0 Votes - Should be signed out, but I'm nice

Topic: You can almost taste the pressure now

And Finally - Big ups to timeless for being crowned our first champion. I know it's been a very long road for you, many ups and downs since you first came home back in season two I believe, maybe season one. In any case, I tip my cap sir, nobody is more deserving nor has had a tougher path to get this far.

CHAMPION TIMELESS

asylum
04-28-2016, 03:09 AM
Records are temporarily visible, PM me with any disputes. Pretty sure they're spot on.

MMLP
04-28-2016, 04:12 AM
contenders match already??

Congrats Timeless, either u or frank were worthy!

timeless
04-28-2016, 10:36 AM
Thanks Adonis MMLP def had too long of a road.

Frank appreciate u matching 23 lines lol. What happened tho? You could've crushed it easily bro

NYCSPITZ
04-28-2016, 11:20 AM
but yo i had some other plans, like the next time the beef is on i'll make myself jam right in my owner's hand

HOW U LIKE ME NOW

Mr. J
04-28-2016, 11:44 AM
As it was written.....let it be so

Adverse
04-28-2016, 11:58 AM
Congrats Time. Hopefully see you on that stage soon

Cereal_Killa
04-28-2016, 01:17 PM
I
What does that mean I

Still stuck
We will keep the knew it was
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlizghGu4Uo

Adonis
04-28-2016, 10:44 PM
contenders match already??

Congrats Timeless, either u or frank were worthy!

A three match win streak will pretty much always get a contender spot. No matter who I battled ;)

Until next time you limey goose

MMLP
04-29-2016, 04:19 AM
A three match win streak will pretty much always get a contender spot. No matter who I battled ;)

Until next time you limey goose

haha! told I'd have to sharpen my vocab to beat ya.

Bank holiday weekend here, it'll be a struggle to write!

Adverse
04-29-2016, 11:59 AM

Hope you still find time to write something great though because I'm giving it my all this week

Adonis
04-29-2016, 02:31 PM

Tsk Tsk. You know what I'm talking about, still got love pimp. That was a solid verse of his and and mine, was a toss up in all honesty. Good sheit

Artifice
04-30-2016, 10:00 AM
sorry for the delay guys, mag will be up this afternoon.

Mr. J
04-30-2016, 05:02 PM
the indica caught me slippin this past week...shit was good though

Adverse
05-01-2016, 05:00 PM
No mag yet guys?

Artifice
05-01-2016, 06:51 PM
i posted the mag last night but because I'm not a mod it needs approval from one before the post is made public... Adonis Certain asylum could one of you make it public?

8===D~~~~(}:
05-01-2016, 06:59 PM
Just post it in discussion bro

Adonis
05-01-2016, 08:20 PM
i posted the mag last night but because I'm not a mod it needs approval from one before the post is made public... Adonis Certain asylum could one of you make it public?

Is it visible now?

Artifice
05-01-2016, 08:22 PM
Yes it is. Thanks.

UnbornBuddha
05-01-2016, 10:06 PM
Life's obligations have released me from its shackles, now I have more time for fun, i.e. writing topicals.

asylum
05-02-2016, 03:40 AM
Life's obligations have released me from its shackles, now I have more time for fun, i.e. writing topicals.

nice.

Mr. J
05-02-2016, 03:42 AM
Dammit Adonis you didn't tell me the deadline was Monday

MMLP
05-02-2016, 04:15 AM
how long til the deadline?

asylum
05-02-2016, 09:26 AM
Depends on who is asking

Aero
05-02-2016, 09:49 AM
Maybe it's because I'm new to AOWL but what does "What if there's no tomorrow, there wasn't one today" even mean? Makes zero sense lol trying to be deep. I'm just going to write it as "what if there's no tomorrow."

Adonis
05-02-2016, 11:02 AM
how long til the deadline?

Of this post you have 16 hours not including ext..if you ask

Adverse
05-03-2016, 04:58 PM
Going to throw some votes down once I'm at home and situated. Hope you guys left me some good stuff to view this week!

Adverse
05-03-2016, 04:59 PM
Maybe it's because I'm new to AOWL but what does "What if there's no tomorrow, there wasn't one today" even mean? Makes zero sense lol trying to be deep. I'm just going to write it as "what if there's no tomorrow."

Interpretation is a big part of the league, everybody sees things differently and has their own unique approach

Inno
05-03-2016, 10:20 PM
Adonis asylum

Will vote tomorrow

Adonis
05-04-2016, 12:10 PM
Mr. J I will no longer be reading your votes, I will no longer be voting on your battles. Your votes are dumb, you might think they are cool, but they aren't. You are allowing rhymes to dictate the direction of your feedback and that helps nobody. Thank you for being a tool. No joke, if you continue to do this I will simply block your every post, so when it comes time to tally votes I'll read the final vote tally and Re block you.

I'll take my rep on this post as well everyone

Mr. J
05-05-2016, 01:09 AM
Mr. J I will no longer be reading your votes, I will no longer be voting on your battles. Your votes are dumb, you might think they are cool, but they aren't. You are allowing rhymes to dictate the direction of your feedback and that helps nobody. Thank you for being a tool. No joke, if you continue to do this I will simply block your every post, so when it comes time to tally votes I'll read the final vote tally and Re block you.

I'll take my rep on this post as well everyone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZ-LoqRAHLg

but....

My flow is so Pablo, Kanye wanted to borrow...
my green lantern, Sega gave me a ring tomorrow
Now Im hanging in Saturn someone hold the light
I control the universe cause I control the spice.
I hold the shakers like a vice, hold congratulations like...
like...9 to 5, lyrical aerobics, acrobatic heirlooms
you high but weighed down by the anvil in that magical parachute...
Minneapolis is a fun place according to my orthodontist
hand out sticks by the extra 2 packs, gladly my poor Adonis...
I thought I told you that we dont stop, dont stop
my voice sounds like a robots & I enjoy a stack of pork chops
my neighbor is a Warlock & my foot has fungus...or not..
damn dogs slobber knocker wally bang bang, hey hey...
do the sha nae nae & dont play bae, word to cube...it was a good day...

Ill let you know when to remove me from your block...good morning everyone

timeless
05-05-2016, 10:21 AM
Lmao @ franks vote. Doesn't count big guy