PDA

View Full Version : Week 10: Chat and Predictions

asylum
05-06-2016, 12:01 AM
http://i.imgur.com/uAJesXX.png
Season 6
Week 10
Championship Match: (Champion) Artifice (5-1) vs Adverse (4-0)
Contendership Match: NYCSPITZ (3-0) vs Breathless (4-2)
Timeless (6-2) vs Frank (6-3)
MMLP (3-2) vs Razah (4-3)
Mr. J (5-4) vs Adonis (3-4)
UnbornBuddha (2-3) vs Innovator (2-3)
Jesodist (2-6) vs Witty (0-0)
Cereal Killer (0-2) vs Tyson (0-0)

8===D~~~~(}:
05-06-2016, 12:12 AM
Fosho

asylum
05-06-2016, 12:20 AM
I missed out on a blockhead show to set matches right now.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

breathless
05-06-2016, 12:27 AM
Well, that was disappointing, I figured I would have had at least until midnight PST to vote, was legit getting on to start reading them... What do I gotta do to get back in next week?

Also, Frank, sorry for talking shit, it was true, but I was sort of snooty.

asylum
05-06-2016, 12:31 AM
breathless
The voting deadline was yesterday. Matches aren't going up Friday, that's for damn sure.
I simply arrived home to late last night to make it happen.

You will pay your penance by doing magwork. As will Adonis. You both may conduct a writers block with one another about a viable topic.

Adverse
05-06-2016, 12:38 AM
Looks dope, we appreciate your work asylum.
Art, hope you bring everything you've got this week fam! Let's give these people a show, i'm glad to be here

asylum
05-06-2016, 01:22 AM
Art, hope you bring everything you've got this week fam! Let's give these people a show, i'm glad to be here

What you see is the work of many. Thank yourself and everyone else as well.

We're all in this together. Good luck this week.

8===D~~~~(}:
05-06-2016, 01:40 AM
So I got kicked out already smh

asylum
05-06-2016, 02:16 AM
So I got kicked out already smh

aint no room for you here troll. dip.

MMLP
05-06-2016, 03:47 AM
Topic: '1999' after I've done a Prince verse LOL

Artifice
05-06-2016, 09:14 AM

right on bro, let's make it a good one.

Pharaohs Army
05-06-2016, 03:08 PM
I was expecting a twist,
lol
Something you said on a vote.
Mind if I use it in a verse sometime? Such a cool sentence.

Adonis
05-06-2016, 04:54 PM
lol
Something you said on a vote.
Mind if I use it in a verse sometime? Such a cool sentence.

Has to be a bar type setting though, just for the pun

And sign brother. Only a couple weeks left, if you get a decent win streak you might make playoffs.

Pharaohs Army
05-06-2016, 05:01 PM
Thanks Adonis,
Tempting, but I'm not ready for topicals yet until I make one on the O.M.

Mr. J
05-07-2016, 12:27 AM
done...

Mr. J
05-07-2016, 02:19 AM
Adonis 12 hours

Adonis
05-07-2016, 11:10 AM
Adonis 12 hours

pfft

Do what you want bro, I don't log in every day and some of us have mag work, not just writing a verse. Haven't even checked the topic

Witty
05-07-2016, 12:36 PM
Mag?

:D

Witty
05-07-2016, 12:44 PM
Championship Match: (Champion) Artifice (5-1) vs Adverse (4-0)
Honestly not familiar with either, unless they have other names? I dunno, I'll check it out tho
Contendership Match: NYCSPITZ (3-0) vs Breathless (4-2)
I enjoyed Breathless' verse last week, he seems talented, but NYC is a hard dude to beat, one of the best pure writers here, so I'm going with him
Timeless (6-2) vs Frank (6-3)
Same as above, Timeless is a good writer, but Frank on his day is a beast, he sometimes fucks around and gifts an opponent the W tho, so we'll see what happens
MMLP (3-2) vs Razah (4-3)
This will be dope, both these dudes fly under the radar a bit but I enjoy their work, going with MMLP
Mr. J (5-4) vs Adonis (3-4)
Two vets, two of the most dedicated members of Netcees topical scene...going with Mr J if he doesn't fuck around lol
UnbornBuddha (2-3) vs Innovator (2-3)
Surprised to see losing records for these two, either can challenge anyone on their day...toss up for me
Jesodist (2-6) vs Witty (0-0)
Best of luck, but I am not losing this
Cereal Killer (0-2) vs Tyson (0-0)
Again, not sure what kind of form either of these dudes will be in...another toss up

asylum
05-08-2016, 02:03 AM
Championship Match: (Champion) Artifice (5-1) vs Adverse (4-0) Adverse has been showing extreme potential. Art will be tough, he's very talented, but I think he may take this.. judging from his piece last week.
Contendership Match: NYCSPITZ (3-0) vs Breathless (4-2) NYC's too good.
Timeless (6-2) vs Frank (6-3) timeless been dropping short Franks hungry.
MMLP (3-2) vs Razah (4-3) MMLP is on a roll, but Razah will be hard to beat too.
Mr. J (5-4) vs Adonis (3-4) spidey senses pushing me towards adonis. J wants blood tho.
UnbornBuddha (2-3) vs Innovator (2-3) I think our Season 5 Champ may be back in form, hard to beat for anyone.
Jesodist (2-6) vs Witty (0-0) Witty's debute verse will be of merit, if he shows.
Cereal Killer (0-2) vs Tyson (0-0) CK has been too out there, Tyson might win! but if CK snaps out of it it's going to be a KO in the other direction.

asylum
05-08-2016, 03:35 AM
Thanks Adonis,
Tempting, but I'm not ready for topicals yet until I make one on the O.M.

hit me up on skype next time you see me on. I'll walk you through the process.
it's a lot different than OM pieces. the best way to learn how to write topical is to compete. you're shooting yourself in the foot with that quote.

trust, you should see my early work. it's worse then my new stuff, believe it or not.

Witty
05-08-2016, 03:51 AM
These dudes don't get trained like we used to...I am basically a robot, I was trained by sraL and the other WordPerfect members to win topical battles, and that's what I do...when I battle, I pretty much always win. I was moulded by the best and became the best.

Watch me.

sral
05-08-2016, 08:28 AM
You won't be considered the best until I eventually hang the keyboard up though.

Lars >>>

Inno
05-08-2016, 01:27 PM
UnbornBuddha probably posting tomorrow

UnbornBuddha
05-08-2016, 02:52 PM
Innovator that is fine with me. Let's make it a good one hermano.

Inno
05-08-2016, 03:01 PM
Word thats why i need a little extra time lol good luck broseph

Pharaohs Army
05-08-2016, 04:43 PM
hit me up on skype next time you see me on. I'll walk you through the process.
it's a lot different than OM pieces. the best way to learn how to write topical is to compete. you're shooting yourself in the foot with that quote.

trust, you should see my early work. it's worse then my new stuff, believe it or not.

Thanks Sy. I'm somewhat OK through the process (and some of your advice earlier helps)... it's just a matter of getting To it, instead of writing&rapping rhymie freepieces all over.

These dudes don't get trained like we used to...I am basically a robot, I was trained by sraL and the other WordPerfect members to win topical battles, and that's what I do...when I battle, I pretty much always win. I was moulded by the best and became the best.

Watch me.

I've been training in dark powerful places, trying to do as a compadre has done and turn something ugly into something beautiful.. Soon I hope.
After all that I can likely start to hone, and compete in the leagues at large.

Wb Buddha
Gl all this wk
Nice mags

Mr. J
05-08-2016, 10:46 PM
Bored....

asylum
05-09-2016, 02:11 AM

Watch me.

::When I show:: = "when I battle"

sral
05-09-2016, 10:35 AM
lmao MMLP has some video footage of us attempting a mag from this weekend

its probably completely inaudible and nonsensical

force him to post it!

MMLP
05-09-2016, 11:04 AM
We were smashed LOL! its 5mins of incoherent babble from what I remember. ill see if I didn't delete it later!

MMLP
05-09-2016, 11:06 AM
no way ill be finished tonight Razah

gonna need ext or you can have the no show win! not fussed either way

Adonis
05-09-2016, 12:11 PM
We were smashed LOL! its 5mins of incoherent babble from what I remember. ill see if I didn't delete it later!

You better post that shit.

timeless
05-09-2016, 03:44 PM
So are there universal extensions as usual or nah? I'm cool either way but I'm sure Frank could use one.

Mr. J
05-09-2016, 03:46 PM
Everyone has until thursday I thought you knew timeless

timeless
05-09-2016, 04:47 PM

AWEWOME BRO TOTALLY FUCKIN TUBULAR

Razah
05-09-2016, 04:48 PM
no way ill be finished tonight Razah

gonna need ext or you can have the no show win! not fussed either way

Cool with me.

I'll post tomorrow.

Witty
05-09-2016, 05:18 PM
Hope this dude shows.

He hasn't checked JESODIST

Mr. J
05-09-2016, 06:16 PM
AWEWOME BRO TOTALLY FUCKIN TUBULAR

YA BRO BEEN BUSY ALL WEEK

COULDN'T FIND THE TIME TO WRITE FUUUHHHHH

Adonis
05-10-2016, 12:29 AM
UNIVERSAL EXT

Mothers Day holiday

Verses due Tuesday May 10th at 11:59 pm PST

Razah
05-10-2016, 08:02 PM

<< Will be posting Thursday, cuz Mr. J said it was cool.

Witty
05-11-2016, 03:19 AM
Smh @ me dropping a key thinking this dude isn't going to post cuz he hasn't been seen or heard and the due date came and went... JESODIST check in next time, and ASK for an ext.

sral
05-11-2016, 06:13 AM
lmao don't blame your opponent faggot

write, every week, regardless because that's what you signed up to do in the first place

it's your own fault for slacking off if you lose

words from the wise >>>

Witty
05-11-2016, 06:40 AM
I did lol fucking deleted it by accident :( Was convinced dude wasn't showing so I keyed up something else...not blaming anyone tho, may the best man win. I just think it's common courtesy to check in, and let your opponent know you are planning on showing, especially when he asked you various times through the week and got no reply.

It is what it is tho...I'll také the result how it comes.

MMLP
05-11-2016, 08:09 AM
LOL Inspiring words from the self proclaimed 'President' Lars.

I'd be motivated for witty tbf, so ill stop in and face him if we both lose! Im not demanding it though ;)

Witty
05-11-2016, 08:10 AM
I'd be up for that.

sral
05-11-2016, 02:58 PM
lmao I'd sign in and beat both of you together if I thought either of you would stand a chance

could even hit you with me and Frank vs the two of you for shits and giggles

Witty
05-11-2016, 03:04 PM
I already beat Frank once, honestly not sure me and you have ever battled, I'm down for either/or.

MMLP
05-11-2016, 03:45 PM
Haha thats a plan!

sral
05-11-2016, 03:51 PM
yeah figured I'd have Frank to handicap me and witty could be handicapped by MMLP

doesn't matter now though, I've lost interest

Adonis
05-11-2016, 07:48 PM
yeah figured I'd have Frank to handicap me and witty could be handicapped by MMLP

doesn't matter now though, I've lost interest

Thoughts on a tag team tourney? Topical I mean.

I also really want to do a short tourney where only previous champions are invited. This would be dope, but it would require guys like certain and pancake to actually show and care. I'm theory it's dope. In reality probably will never succeed. Aptly dubbed champions League

Adverse
05-12-2016, 12:47 AM
I'll drop some votes after work tomorrow, me and artifice battle is the champ match and hasn't got a single vote yet btw

asylum
05-12-2016, 04:01 AM

I also really want to do a short tourney where only previous champions are invited. This would be dope, but it would require guys like certain and pancake to actually show and care. I'm theory it's dope. In reality probably will never succeed. Aptly dubbed champions League

I'm down to cohost a tag team topical tourney to bridge the gap between this seasons aowl and the next. between the two of us it would be easy to make happen. champs league, you're on your own. I obviously have no place there. but i choose not to hold titles for religious purposes.

sral
05-12-2016, 05:30 AM

I haven't seen a tag team topical tourney done at this level successfully, its certainly a challenge

it would most likely have to be 8 teams MAX (16 COMPETITORS) and in my opinion INVITATION ONLY to give it some prestige amongst those invited

I don't think calling it " champions league" when its a tournament would be a very good idea, but some kind of elite title is needed no doubt

it would also need a character at the helm and be done all-out

the next few weeks is the time to do it with it being summer

you want as much hype behind it as possible, video mags, a huge build up, get sign-ups completed as early as possibly (any more than 3-4 days between signups and it happening and it quickly loses interest)

basically it may be a job for the only man who can

PRESIDENT LARS!

asylum
05-12-2016, 07:30 AM
I haven't seen a tag team topical tourney done at this level successfully, its certainly a challenge

it would most likely have to be 8 teams MAX (16 COMPETITORS) and in my opinion INVITATION ONLY to give it some prestige amongst those invited

I don't think calling it " champions league" when its a tournament would be a very good idea, but some kind of elite title is needed no doubt

it would also need a character at the helm and be done all-out

the next few weeks is the time to do it with it being summer

you want as much hype behind it as possible, video mags, a huge build up, get sign-ups completed as early as possibly (any more than 3-4 days between signups and it happening and it quickly loses interest)

basically it may be a job for the only man who can

PRESIDENT LARS!

^ i second that.

MMLP
05-12-2016, 07:51 AM
Lars wont do it, hes got too much on!

voting tonight!

sral
05-12-2016, 08:11 AM
voting against MMLP tonight for doubting me

Razah
05-12-2016, 09:16 AM
I'll drop my votes when I get back home later tonight.

Work/Gym/Reading a billion bars. That's my day, ya'll.

MMLP
05-12-2016, 09:19 AM
voting against MMLP tonight for doubting me

Ouch! that hurts man!

Adonis
05-12-2016, 03:20 PM
asylum tag topical would be a nice bridge,I really really do want someone to step up and run a short 5 week league for the writers challenge, that shit was dope. We should do one week like that here too.

sraL that's just an idea I had t that I thought would be fun, the best of the best.likely be only like 8 people invited. Super short with the best of the best. I wouldn't make the list either asylum. Unless I win this season.

The list would be something like certain, pancake DeadMan Buddha. Not sure who else won, I know NYC won alias tourney and pinot won winter topical 2. That's 6. Whoever wins this season and one wild card depending on who would decline

NYCSPITZ
05-12-2016, 03:21 PM
I'd be down for that champ shit 100%

sral
05-12-2016, 04:15 PM
lmao how you not gonna include the winter topical and martyrs tourney back to back undefeated champ Lars though?

took one L then went 16-0

smh

asylum
05-12-2016, 07:44 PM
i'm down to do a challenge week, but not as extreme as the writers challenge was.
that shit was bonkers. it will be a couple seasons before I sign up for one of those.

asylum
05-12-2016, 07:45 PM
I think Frank would be orchestrate the best tag tourney, imho.
He is really dialed into the pulse of the league. what say you, Frank?

Mr. J
05-12-2016, 08:52 PM
That's funny I thought the new topics would be up by now...

Razah
05-12-2016, 09:45 PM
Lol, I think like only 3 people have all their votes in.

*shrugs

Them tourneys or whatever sound cool, holler.

Adverse
05-12-2016, 09:52 PM
I don't see why we're even discussing new leagues when the one we're all in presently isn't getting any votes.

Adonis
05-13-2016, 12:27 AM
I don't see why we're even discussing new leagues when the one we're all in presently isn't getting any votes.

Yee of little faith, if you build it they will come.

Voting Tall's as of right now.

Complete and Thank you a million times

Razah
NYCSPITZ - even if you didn't vote on my battle, which sucks, I love your votes.

Still needs ONE more vote

Mr. J
UnbornBuddha
Innovator - did you sign back in or have you come to the realization that you might not be the most dependable? Thank you for voting though, I appreciate the show of good faith.

Still needs TWO more votes

timeless

Still Needs THREE more votes

Frank
Artifice
Myself
Adverse

Still needs FOUR, or ZERO CAST votes

MMLP
Witty
JESODIST
breathless

Honestly, this list is pathetic. Myself included. Anyone can come to a mod a notify us if someone hasn't been voting enough, it's tough for us to see everything. I'm included on this list, but understand new topics can't go up while the majority of the league has one vote or less. Those that have voted on three, thank you, one more is the rules though I feel we've been fairly lenient on shit because the league has been relatively smooth. But we need to lead by example now, these kids aren't voting enough or even in enough detail. It's bullshit when people have the nerve to drop four votes in 5 minutes with a couple sentences each. But that's better then nothing I guess.

done ranting man, I hope shit works its self out.

Adonis
05-13-2016, 12:58 AM
lmao how you not gonna include the winter topical and martyrs tourney back to back undefeated champ Lars though?

took one L then went 16-0

smh

I meant to put you in though. That would be the 8 then man.

Certain, NYC, Pancake, Lars, Dead, Buddha, Pinot Grij, and this seasons winner

I was thinking no tourney, maybe two groups where they each battle once, top records go with voter differential as primary tie breaker move on to the finals. I feel like I'm dreaming, and pretty lame for being even remotely excited about this, but I am.

Adverse
05-13-2016, 01:42 AM
Threw in a couple more votes before bed, y'all lucky it's Friday tomorrow! lol

Anyways, I was genuinely disappointed in my verse this week, I couldn't get a starting point on the topic until it was almost time for the deadline and just had to rush the hell out of the verse, it was just a bad weekend overall. Artifice deserves that win, so congrats man, you're dope, hold on to that champion title so we can get a rematch in a couple of weeks.
I'm going to hit the pad and give you guys something worth reviewing next week, I'm excited for what's to come.

sral
05-13-2016, 01:49 AM
Adverse always crying about shit

Never helping the site with any positive input

trick don't kill my vibe

NYCSPITZ
05-13-2016, 02:07 AM
I meant to put you in though. That would be the 8 then man.

Certain, NYC, Pancake, Lars, Dead, Buddha, Pinot Grij, and this seasons winner

I was thinking no tourney, maybe two groups where they each battle once, top records go with voter differential as primary tie breaker move on to the finals. I feel like I'm dreaming, and pretty lame for being even remotely excited about this, but I am.

lmao nah wouldn't that be a final 8 tho...

winners get to the semis, then finals.

3 rounds... 3rd round is champ match?

OR

You could do a round robin first round to determine seeding...

then a top 8 second round based on seeding (based on votes, panel discussion or w/e)

then a top 4 3rd round

then boom FINALS

I feel like pancake would no show everything but other than that...you should be good we just need 1 sub since cake would no show?

Artifice
05-13-2016, 02:12 AM
Sorry guys I'm at work til 8am, I'll get my remaining votes in by the morning when I get home

asylum
05-13-2016, 04:33 AM
Sorry guys I'm at work til 8am, I'll get my remaining votes in by the morning when I get home

hey man, i'm going to do you a favor and go smoke a cigarette and pound a couple beers.

hammer out some goddamn votes and make some grunting noises in the shitter.
I'm closing battles within ten minutes.

asylum
05-13-2016, 04:43 AM
New Rule starting in Week 11

The number of votes you're missing in a week will be reflected negatively on your vote tally of that week.

Meaning, if you win by 2 votes one week then miss three out of three votes that week, you will lose your battle by one vote.