PDA

View Full Version : Week 11: Chat and Predictions

asylum
05-13-2016, 05:20 AM
http://i.imgur.com/uAJesXX.png
Season 6
Week 11
Championship Match: [C] Artifice (7-1) vs NYCSPITZ (4-0)
Contender Match: Timeless (7-2) vs Razah (5-3)
Adverse (4-1) vs Breathless (4-3)
Frank (6-4) vs Mr. J (6-4)
Asylum (5-4) vs Witty (0-1)
Unborn Buddah (3-3) vs Jesodist (3-6)
Adonis (3-5) vs Innovator (2-4)

New Rule starting in Week 11

The number of votes you're missing in a week will be reflected negatively on your vote tally of that week.

Meaning, if you win by 2 votes one week then miss three out of four votes that week, you will lose your battle by one vote.

Inno
05-13-2016, 07:54 AM
Adonis

Im sorry i got 3 kids and I forgot to write a poem for you fags

Sign me back in tho

Adonis poting tomorrow night

NYCSPITZ
05-13-2016, 01:01 PM
Week 11

Championship Match: [C] Artifice (7-1) vs NYCSPITZ (4-0) -- Is this prediction against some moral code? I will win this.
Contender Match: Timeless (7-2) vs Razah (5-3) -- one vote victory in a cool battle
Adverse (4-1) vs Breathless (4-3) -- Adverse comes out swinging after 1st L of season
Frank (6-4) vs Mr. J (6-4) -- Mr. J been on point as of late
Asylum (5-4) vs Witty (0-1) -- Witty finally sits down and writes for longer than 5 min
Unborn Buddah (3-3) vs Jesodist (3-6) -- Buddha beast, I like the more angry, human tone in his writing and votes and posts lately
Adonis (3-5) vs Innovator (2-4) -- Adonis been dropping fire lately I'm surprised he hasn't seen a contendership/championship yet

Adonis
05-13-2016, 07:00 PM
Art vs. NYC

This should be a dope battle, Art seems like he knows his way around a topic well enough to create a concept that could hang with NYC. But NYC is elite, so I got him 5-2

Timeless vs. Razah

Ray been dropping some heat lately, and by the way, when I say we write alike I meant topic wise and short bar wise, not flow or anything. The concepts you produce are similar to what I would do as well. As for this battle, Time has been hit or miss dropping fire and ok verses. I think he has what it takes and he seems hungry, time will tell, but I actually think he comes out swinging so I'm taking the upset. Time 4-3

Adverse vs. Breathless

Solid match here.Breath is a bit of a wild card to me as he drops very inconsistent, but those weeks he drops his better work they are gems. I think he'll drop better this week then the past couple, the problem is Adverse has a voter friendly approach with a very strong grasp on mechanics, so it's hard not to like him this week. Adverse 4-1

Frank vs. Mr. J

Dope battle in theory, pretty sure we've all read this a couple times though. Frank seems a bit off his game right now to me, not sure what is going on. I also didn't like Jay boogies verse last week but everyone else did, so it seems he has what the non Adonis type reader enjoys. Mr. J 4-2

Asylum vs. Witty BOTW

So pumped for this one here. I guarantee Witty shows and drops vintage fire, I know pat can beat anyone when he's on, but I really do expect Witty to actually try and get a very decisive win. Witty 5-0

Buddha vs Jesodist

I'll be honest here, I'm not the biggest fan of Jesodist, it seems like you key style often or you are not American and your grammar lacks at times. Either way, Buddha is that dude in all senses especially considering he's well rested. Buddha 5-0

Adonis vs. Inno

I think Inno comes out swinging, I know he can beat me, probably has already. I vow to try this week, I'm not writing a mag so I might be able to write instead of waiting until the due date. Inno 3-2

Mr. J
05-13-2016, 07:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntkH90nvWhg

JESODIST
05-14-2016, 05:41 PM
Why would i battle that guy again when i feel like i got cheated the last time me and him battled?
i honesty think i won that battle...lots of people hate my writing so why do you keep signing me up?
I will write but why compete when they all don't like my writing? If i kew that rep power would be discounted i would have never compete, i feel like you all just sign me up to diminish those numbers...

Razah
05-14-2016, 06:04 PM
Why would i battle that guy again when i feel like i got cheated the last time me and him battled?
i honesty think i won that battle...lots of people hate my writing so why do you keep signing me up?
I will write but why compete when they all don't like my writing? If i kew that rep power would be discounted i would have never compete, i feel like you all just sign me up to diminish those numbers...

There's a thread called "Sign In / Sign Out"

sral
05-14-2016, 06:13 PM
lmao I love reading JESODIST shit to be honest

he brings something no one else is currently doing

that's not necessarily gonna win over the voters on its own, but it certainly makes him standout and gives him some individuality

I respect the fact he refuses to adapt too

jeso a G for that imo

asylum
05-14-2016, 06:15 PM

I think your piece last week was pretty good bro. it had some good story elements to it, you're always improving. only take constructive criticism to heart, all that other shit is opinion. idgaf what people think of my work if I like it and a couple people feel it, cool. that's how it always goes.

^^and what lars said.

JESODIST
05-14-2016, 06:36 PM
Hello friends I am new to topical writing maybe thats why i keep losing, but thanks for reading i will keep writing, have a good day brothers...

emcee squared
05-14-2016, 08:37 PM
god damn it Jesodist.
i told you to prepare for your rematch competition with the Master.

You're fine. Your week 10 was awesome. Great flow and multi's. Most of the textual errors seemed to help me along the way.

Your diversity of theme and tone is where you can improve.
But if you and faraohs want to Double Down, just keep me out of it next time.
Pharaoh is always at your calling.
But I couldn't Give a shit.
And now, he will need rest.

Good luck to contestants... these exercises we engage in.

timeless
05-14-2016, 08:43 PM
god damn it Jesodist.
i told you to prepare for your rematch competition with the Master.

You're fine. Your week 10 was awesome. Great flow and multi's. Most of the textual errors seemed to help me along the way.

Your diversity of theme and tone is where you can improve.
But if you and faraohs want to Double Down, just keep me out of it next time.
Pharaoh is always at your calling.
But I couldn't Give a shit.
And now, he will need rest.

Good luck to contestants... these exercises we engage in.

You and 2trip related I heard

UnbornBuddha
05-14-2016, 09:41 PM

Being "that guy" your referring I make the following comment, take it as you will. Even if you think that you won, the very fact you didn't means you ought to reflect on why not, especially since your so adamant in belief that you were robbed victory. I agree people do sometimes vote for the person they are more comfortable with. It's human nature. Yet, from my experience, but an experience derived from intensely competing for the last year and a half, it usually happens when the battle is close. The votes sway from side to side and then the deciding factor can sometimes be to the competitor that is most familiar. Yet, when someone beats you with a majority of the votes, usually, this is not a matter of being cheated. It is being beaten. Instead of feeling pitiful for yourself or spiteful toward another for a loss like a child, you ought to consider that the majority of the voters had it right and they are perceive something you cannot. If you open yourself up to that possibility you might be able to see the deficits in your writing, and therefore, work to improve them slowly and diligently. This is the crux of why we're here - to improve, have fun, and surpass the limitations beset by our own ego.

Good luck.

Inno
05-14-2016, 10:00 PM
I like this guy^

emcee squared
05-14-2016, 11:05 PM
i love you timeless. my officer of the peace.
sometimes you never know what you'll find.
like in the city of paris.

JESODIST
05-15-2016, 02:40 AM
Being "that guy" your referring I make the following comment, take it as you will. Even if you think that you won, the very fact you didn't means you ought to reflect on why not, especially since your so adamant in belief that you were robbed victory. I agree people do sometimes vote for the person they are more comfortable with. It's human nature. Yet, from my experience, but an experience derived from intensely competing for the last year and a half, it usually happens when the battle is close. The votes sway from side to side and then the deciding factor can sometimes be to the competitor that is most familiar. Yet, when someone beats you with a majority of the votes, usually, this is not a matter of being cheated. It is being beaten. Instead of feeling pitiful for yourself or spiteful toward another for a loss like a child, you ought to consider that the majority of the voters had it right and they are perceive something you cannot. If you open yourself up to that possibility you might be able to see the deficits in your writing, and therefore, work to improve them slowly and diligently. This is the crux of why we're here - to improve, have fun, and surpass the limitations beset by our own ego.

Good luck.

Master me and you have competed for years, this i s not just now but honestly talking honest and true you know i Did win that battle. I don't care what people say, they like you simply because english is not my first language, they are so racist but i will keep competing because you all make me fee l like if i got a meaningful life...win or l oose i will keep on competing like if it was superman vs batman...

Inno
05-15-2016, 12:17 PM
I like this guy to^

Razah
05-15-2016, 02:22 PM
He said we were racist. lmao

sral
05-15-2016, 02:35 PM
Razah you're without doubt racist, especially after hating on my laugh

It's the only logical conclusion for it :(

Razah
05-15-2016, 02:48 PM
lmao.

That annoying ass laugh. Thinking about it makes me cringe

timeless
05-15-2016, 03:36 PM
lmao.

How many lines u thinking this week?

Razah
05-15-2016, 03:42 PM
I always try to keep my verses the standard 16 bars.

sral
05-15-2016, 04:46 PM
RACISM IS NOT ACCEPTED IN THIS LEAGUE

Razah
05-15-2016, 05:07 PM
I'm so glad I didn't ask asylum to post all threads in EspaƱol as well then.

emcee squared
05-15-2016, 08:25 PM
Master me and you have competed for years, this i s not just now but honestly talking honest and true you know i Did win that battle. I don't care what people say, they like you simply because english is not my first language, they are so racist but i will keep competing because you all make me fee l like if i got a meaningful life...

Battles are subjective.
Buddha received more votes for his winning verse. You both are very talented.

Jesodist, Your Week 3 verse- you must now let it go.
It Spawned Something beyond a win or a loss.
the Pharaohs Army considers you a friend. whatever your race or english. he considers you as cuddly as a teddy bear.
He never wrote a real topical, until he saw you and the Master week 3 battle.

This is the power of verse.
And whatever the spawn, however ugly or verbose, it is something important to us.

win or l oose i will keep on competing like if it was superman vs batman...
Exactly.
This is more of the attitude.
Losses are still pieces of writing from a moment in time. If you put effort into them they're automatically worth something. Since we all are pretty good if you think about it.
Yes, even Lars.
;-)

This my final say on the matter ffather.
Good fortune to all competitors.

timeless
05-15-2016, 08:42 PM
Fuck i might have to sign out after reading this week's chat thread. No wonder why noone will sign up.

timeless
05-15-2016, 08:42 PM
I always try to keep my verses the standard 16 bars.

Got you I'll match.

asylum
05-15-2016, 08:43 PM
mucho personas no hablan espanol mi amigo, ce 'est la vie

emcee squared
05-15-2016, 08:59 PM
Fuck i might have to sign out after reading this week's chat thread. No wonder why noone will sign up.

we'd all miss u So much.

sral
05-16-2016, 02:21 AM
lmao why squares throwing me shade out of nowhere though?!

MMLP
05-16-2016, 09:42 AM
lmao.

LOL! Sorry we missed you out on the freestyle btw, it was completely spontaneous!

Witty
05-16-2016, 04:40 PM
Oh shit 3PA just signed in.

Shit just got real.

Mr. J
05-16-2016, 04:51 PM
Gon' use that ext Frank

timeless
05-16-2016, 06:25 PM
Ext indeed

emcee squared
05-16-2016, 08:24 PM
sraL
haha. gr8 mag. funny shit. and good freestyling tbh.

good looks on the every-day-multi's.

in some keystyle a while ago pharoh quotes "if i should die before i wake, i Pray the lord my soul to take."

do prayers become famous because they have the sickest mutli's?? Maybe.

Sorry for the shade.
But it would have happened even if i saw this vid first-
Since I got into a topical! and motherfucking semi-possessed for a few days. thinking I was a satanic female fairy in the forest. So, I was being sarcastic and winking.. about reluctantly calling u good.

me and faraoh, we're not wired like you guys who compete week-to-week.
despite the sillyness, we're here for the writing, but just could never get into being assigned a topic and having to write a good verse for it. with limited time&vs. another good writer.
It's actually humbling. I hate to say it.
So, eventually it led to a project where I could write a real topical, even if it's just for OM and not in the league competition.
Pharaoh doesn't always take thing seriously. But kind of like 2k he's a bit demented,
So, as he's finally written a topical with effort, in which he temporarily split an already split psyche, and fucked around with dark Jesodist bars adding 2 voices to them..

Let's just say now he takes certain things seriously.. Lmao!
Like he actually understands why asylum would feel horrible inside after writing about a crackwhore.
I can become emcee again; I know what I'm doing. But wandering in abstract evil hasn't been necessarily healthy for mr. pharao. So
I'm trying to keep him off the texting for a while, but easier said than done.

He's a pretty good voter though.
So hopefully he get a couple in before season over.
But, rest assured this shoudl be our only week of uglying the chat boards. Since we finishd the topical.

We will post more E'D'Ms in future for mmlp & president lars if we hear some good ones.

timeless
05-16-2016, 08:33 PM
Fucking negged

Witty
05-16-2016, 08:40 PM
I love that guy.

emcee squared
05-16-2016, 08:46 PM
Thanks for the neg.

Timeless, set a battle in the battle arena.
Your choice of #lines, your choice of due date.
You're a primadonna hack with the arrogant disposition of NYCspitz, but without the talent.

If I chose to, i could be like you and write baby-smooth multi's and dope transitions.. sprinkle in the most cliche abstract notions, with carefully worded phrases and vague themes.

I prefer to be a little more creative.
If what you do is outside of the box then shit, stuff me in the box.
So neg That; and tag me if u wanna battle.

Witty
05-16-2016, 08:50 PM
Oh shit.
timeless you just got called out!

emcee squared
05-16-2016, 08:59 PM
Hopefully worth a few lulz.

Notice how it's a chatboard though.
I'm a professional - I think my(our) only vote in a timeless topical was in favor of his verse. So, just bare that in mind
yeah i'll wait for the tag

timeless
05-16-2016, 09:06 PM
Lmao

timeless
05-16-2016, 09:07 PM
BTW cool name broseph

Rep for that

asylum
05-17-2016, 10:32 AM
lies

Mr. J
05-17-2016, 07:14 PM
Frank

Inno
05-17-2016, 11:12 PM
Adonis

Adonis
05-17-2016, 11:45 PM
Adonis

sup? I don't know if I have it in me this week man. I spent like an hour writing and have 6 bars I think, don't even match the topic yet. I'll post something though for sure, couldn't tell you how long it will be, it all depends on if I can get it going or not

Edit: Just noticed you posted. I won't go over that line limit

UnbornBuddha
05-18-2016, 02:37 AM
Sigh, looks like a lot of no shows.

Mr. J
05-18-2016, 02:41 AM
Kind of gives you a god complex amirite?

UnbornBuddha
05-18-2016, 02:43 AM
Womp womp womp

asylum
05-18-2016, 03:00 AM
hey sraL 3pa just signed in bro. where's your sign in?
dead man
Atheist

@kuja
Tic

Adonis
05-18-2016, 03:01 AM
guess who just woke up literally on top of his laptop?

Posting in just a sec

asylum
05-18-2016, 03:11 AM
guess who just woke up literally on top of his laptop?

Posting in just a sec

you da real mvp. i'm just mad NYC is going to noshow. anybody got his number?

Adonis
05-18-2016, 03:18 AM
you da real mvp. i'm just mad NYC is going to noshow. anybody got his number?

1-800-bitchmade

sral
05-18-2016, 05:10 AM
hey sraL 3pa just signed in bro. where's your sign in?
dead man
Atheist

@kuja
Tic

lmao let him show me he's here and writing

i'm not tryna write just to get no-showed

if he's still here in two weeks writing and winning, i'll sign in to crush him

Inno
05-18-2016, 10:49 AM
Dont worry fella just keep posting

Three-Planes-Aligned
05-18-2016, 03:17 PM
lmao let him show me he's here and writing

i'm not tryna write just to get no-showed

if he's still here in two weeks writing and winning, i'll sign in to crush him

Now I'll have to be on my game, neurotically punctual, wait/hope/pray for that match-up, post a full-lengther - and then remove the verse/edit in a picture of my asshole taken from underneath (selfie camera/toe dexterity) at the last minute.

Or just don't give a fuck.

Either or.

Mr. J
05-18-2016, 03:39 PM
chem trails are a lie no matter what they entail
I guess if the concept catches wind we can set sail

Inno
05-18-2016, 03:48 PM
Good showing Adonis

Will vote tonight

sral
05-18-2016, 03:57 PM
Now I'll have to be on my game, neurotically punctual, wait/hope/pray for that match-up, post a full-lengther - and then remove the verse/edit in a picture of my asshole taken from underneath (selfie camera/toe dexterity) at the last minute.

Or just don't give a fuck.

Either or.

lmao what leagues/tourneys have you won in the last 4 years though?

Three-Planes-Aligned
05-18-2016, 04:01 PM
Hahaha

Also: is there an ignore function?

Inno
05-18-2016, 04:08 PM
Whos got the popcorn.

Spot light battle. sraL vs TPA

Adonis
05-18-2016, 08:27 PM
Hahaha

I tried to mute someone here, not the same as PR, I never could figure it out.

If you're offering though, I'll take them booty shots as a keep sake for when you disappear for 2 years again.

Razah
05-19-2016, 01:34 AM
bicker bicker bicker.

sral
05-19-2016, 04:06 AM
Hahaha

lmao that you attempting to duck?

i'll show you no mercy, jonathan

Artifice
05-19-2016, 06:30 PM
Innovator timeless Adverse breathless JESODIST Witty

Get your votes in bitches.

JESODIST
05-19-2016, 06:34 PM
I read the battles but do not know how to explain a vote...don't wanna get on anybody wrong side...
How do i join that Canibus league battle happening right now?

Razah
05-19-2016, 06:44 PM
no te hagas pendejo

Inno
05-19-2016, 06:47 PM
Voting in a bit

Artifice
05-19-2016, 06:52 PM
I read the battles but do not know how to explain a vote...don't wanna get on anybody wrong side...
How do i join that Canibus league battle happening right now?

bro, who the fuck cares about getting on people's wrong side? this is a competition, there's going to be winners and losers. If someone gets butthurt that you voted against them, it's their problem.

That Canibus-Owl league isn't a league it's a tournament, and it's already started. There's the NBL, but it's only got a week or two left before playoffs, so there's no other league to join at the moment.

asylum
05-19-2016, 11:32 PM
bro, who the fuck cares about getting on people's wrong side? this is a competition, there's going to be winners and losers. If someone gets butthurt that you voted against them, it's their problem.

That Canibus-Owl league isn't a league it's a tournament, and it's already started. There's the NBL, but it's only got a week or two left before playoffs, so there's no other league to join at the moment.

You know, I'm really starting to like you guy.

Inno
05-19-2016, 11:33 PM
Lol i feel like we need to suspend the discussion thread for a week.

You niggas bitch to much