PDA

View Full Version : Serato Sample Vst (jimbeezy get in here)

The Dead Poet
07-11-2017, 05:01 PM
you seen this?

https://serato.com/sample

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvXcLSpwEEk

Saw it on the latest Rhythm Roulette. Dj Dahi (one of the best producers out right now if you ask me).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2HifS0TMHY

Looks pretty dope. They've always had time stretching on lock and it seems to tell you what key a song is in on a song you are sampling. Think i'm going to get it.

uh-oh
07-11-2017, 05:39 PM
Your maschine can do all that lol. I know the mpc i got does. (Outside of telling what key shit is in. Unless i never figured that out). But word knowing what key samples are in to my tonedeaf brain would be an immense help

But word as far as chopping pitching timestretching, aut o chop and pad parameters its built into everything nowadays.

But word let me know if you dig it. Ive pretty much reverted to fl since spilling beer on my mpc lol. In no rush to grab anything else really. If i do it will be a maschine tho. Shoulda listened to you in the first place. The mpc X is sexy but i cant justify the pricetag over the studio

The Dead Poet
07-11-2017, 05:42 PM
have you used serrato for stretching, tuning and pitching? its not the same. They shit on everyone with that. The features that come with it are game changers.

Finnydot
07-11-2017, 05:51 PM
I don't even wanna check this because I'm so behind the times. Only sampling benefit I get from reason is a zero point locator. But even that is of sometimes. All my pitching I have to do manually.

Also, I have a question.

When I'm pitching I noticed I have 2 different pitch numbers I like. Sometimes I can pitch up in increments of 7 and the sample sounds good. But then I pitch in increments of 8. So basically the key changes when I'm pitching in 7s, 14, 21, 28. But when I'm pitching in 8s, 16, 24, 32 the key stays the same. Do you guys understand what I'm saying? 7s usually change the key and I can play instrumentations in a new key and makes it feel different than the original. But then 8s are a little safer. I can play with the original key.

Basically, better to pitch in 7s or 8s?

uh-oh
07-11-2017, 06:15 PM
have you used serrato for stretching, tuning and pitching? its not the same. They shit on everyone with that. The features that come with it are game changers.

FL>

uh-oh
07-11-2017, 06:20 PM
but nah im sure its dope. every programs pitching and shit is different, im sure serato's is dope

FL's pitch shift is is low tier to my understanding, but i favor its timestretching over everything else ive used for its simplicity and options. how i can manuallly assign it by length without knowing the tempo its on. if i got a 1 beat chop and want to stretch it to 1 beat's length in my current tempo its literally just clicking a button. not figuring out what tempo the sample is in, and then typing in the tempo i want, and then adjusting from there since im sure the chop isn't perfect etc

really all im saying is these are area's i never felt were inadequate in my current workflow

i might torrent it to check it out though

The Dead Poet
07-11-2017, 06:21 PM
sound forge