PDA

View Full Version : First month of Welding training

Chill Phil
08-03-2017, 05:59 PM
Shit is steadily getting more difficult.

But I had a funny Convo with the classmates. They were all being gay and shit, listing off the reasons they enrolled in the school, blah blah, "I took it in high school and fell in love," blah blah. Dudes were younger, so they talk too much, trying to say cool or pertinent shit.

So I cut one of the dudes off and said:

I ENROLLED IN WELDING SCHOOL SO I CAN PUT MY PARENTS BACK TOGETHER AND THEY'LL NEVER SEPARATE AGAIN.

they didn't know how to take it

Witty
08-03-2017, 06:44 PM
I get it.

Welding is attaching things to other things, but you used it in an emotional sense. Reattaching a broken relationship.

Lol

Top 17 welding jokes imo.

Chill Phil
08-03-2017, 06:48 PM
I like this revised version of Witty. Seriously.

uh-oh
08-03-2017, 06:53 PM
i need to take some classes but im a boob

really the only thing stopping me from making top dollar bodywork wise is i don't weld, so i'm basically a nonstructural repair tech, but structural repair is where the money is at, and alot easier honestly. (for the most part)

like the structural tech dude at my shop gets the big money insurance jobs, and the bigger money repairs

in ohio we salt the roads with shit that makes cars disintegrate rapidly. so if a pickup truck comes in and they're cheap, we'll do a grind and fill. thats my territory. you gotta grind the rust off, sandblast the remaining shit out, and basically pack it with body filler and reshape it. but if you can weld, you get the guy who wants an ACTUAL rust repair, and not a bandaid. in which case you cut the metal completely out thats rusting, and weld new metal in its place, grind off the weld shit, and smooth it out with a light coat of body filler and metal glaze

its MUCH easier to do, because you don't have to play sculptor, and it pays like twice as much.

but your probably getting all advanced and shit and going to like weld bridges together and get that crazy money

I SEE YOU

Eŋg
08-03-2017, 06:54 PM
is welding like soldering but for apes?

Inno
08-03-2017, 06:56 PM
Godam

Ghost1
08-03-2017, 07:35 PM
Dull boy was a welder and he murdered his family

Is this what u wan?

PancakeBrah
08-03-2017, 09:26 PM
Lol remember when dullboy killed that guy with his forklift?

We all used to be so young.

big baby
08-03-2017, 09:35 PM
i remmeab bak in my dai wen db used 2 kill 4 ppl with forklift in 1 day while welding chainsaw to murder next of kin

nowadays we get satan worshippers and yarnakule jizz

Chill Phil
08-04-2017, 09:36 AM
is welding like soldering but for apes?

That didn't feel unwarranted to you?

Chill Phil
08-04-2017, 09:37 AM
Lol remember when dullboy killed that guy with his forklift?

We all used to be so young.

Never heard that story. Is it legit?

PancakeBrah
08-04-2017, 10:26 AM
I don't think he actually killed the guy. Just dropped something on him and maimed him so that he could never work or provide for his family or whatever. It was a one off post in a topic years ago so I'm a bit fuzzy on the details.

Geno
08-04-2017, 10:34 AM
Werd. Eyo. Holla atcha boi man. I think We should talk

uh-oh
08-04-2017, 11:35 AM
I vaguely remember someone dropping pallets on someone, off of a forklift on one of these sites. Or maybe they ran them over.

Checks out

Chill Phil
08-04-2017, 11:40 AM
Nah fam

uh-oh
08-04-2017, 11:54 AM
Ahhh you got a point.

It checks out.

Geno
08-04-2017, 01:02 PM
Nice.

Ghost1
08-04-2017, 01:29 PM
lol db def dropped that pallet on his boy and said he didn't know how to feel about it lol .....LOL.....lmfaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Eŋg
08-08-2017, 06:52 AM
That didn't feel unwarranted to you?

there was no racial undertone to the comment. in my head, with its limited understanding of metalworks, soldering is finicky as fuck and welding is like that on a grander scale. i'm probably way off.

a bit - in answer to your question.

Tha Pastor Reach Yeah
08-08-2017, 08:49 AM
A place I used to work at someone died from a FLT accident. They were picking up a huge machine, and it toppled to the side, falling on someone and killed them.

Horrible experience and I'm glad I wasn't involved or around but still felt sickeningly horrible. Dude had a young family, well actually two young families as well.

Back to the original topic, nice joke though. I like jokes that make people feel uncomfortable, especially when the joke isn't really that funny (its not a great joke in that sense, sorry), but that makes it funnier.

Chill Phil
08-08-2017, 10:28 AM
there was no racial undertone to the comment. in my head, with its limited understanding of metalworks, soldering is finicky as fuck and welding is like that on a grander scale. i'm probably way off.

a bit - in answer to your question.

I didn't take any racial connotation from it. But all structures, buildings and bridges are welded. Even the inside of your toothpaste tube is welded...

uh-oh
08-08-2017, 01:23 PM
Sounds like some blackman lies to me dawg

Amen
08-08-2017, 01:44 PM
I get it.

Welding is attaching things to other things, but you used it in an emotional sense. Reattaching a broken relationship.

Lol

Top 17 welding jokes imo.

It attaches 2 like metals with out having to use fasteners.

Tha Pastor Reach Yeah
08-08-2017, 02:07 PM

Magic, in other words.

Witty
08-08-2017, 02:23 PM

That's what I said.

uh-oh
08-08-2017, 08:25 PM
i don't know if its common knowledge but i legit didn't know that welding actually uses like metal wire, which it melts to the two pieces, until like 3 years ago.

i just always assumed it melted the two together. like oh theres a crack in this steel, just weld it shut. in my mind it was just like a super hot torch that would melt both sides closed

but word its actually a wire type deal that kind of melts between and it all melts together or whatever.

THE MORE YOU KNOW