PDA

View Full Version : so hip hop

uh-oh
08-06-2017, 08:40 AM
why is there no new dmx

i keep trying to figure out why i'm so disillusioned by modern hip hop

i want new shit to listen to so bad but its like WHERE IS THE FIRE THOUGH

i just need artists to stand out. i fuck with danny brown. i don't even like 99 percent of his shit. but he's unique. i fuck with freddie gibbs. again i don't fuck with 70 percent of his shit, but hes dope. i could sorta fuck with tee grizzley but he's already done. nothing he'll make will be as good as first day out or whatever.

where are the dope artists at.

someone put me on plz

dope artists from the past couple years.

ive said it before its like i can't get behind the music if i can't get behind the person doing it. who is dope for real though

this might be the wrong site to ask

oats
08-06-2017, 09:33 AM
you ever heard of Macklemore? feel like you'd really be into him.

uh-oh
08-06-2017, 11:53 AM
i tweeted something along the lines of "i haven't been inspired by a hip hop artist in years"

that tweet was "liked" by a hip hop artist by the name of "lil icepakk"

its over guys. RIP.

Geno
08-06-2017, 12:53 PM
Eyi
You realize they call me white earl back home rigbt?
Im ya huckleberry. Once i get the right studio and production. ITS OVA MAN

Finna gettup with a homeboy today if hes still bout it. He produces and shit. Well see

Geno
08-06-2017, 12:54 PM
Damn dog. Aye. Whats so horrible bout my shit that u cant fuck wit me? Real talk. Im trying to grow. I mean.. Is it just lack of content that youd prefer. Quality of mix? I mean lmk. Be brutal. I can take it. Have taken a lot the last few weeks. Trust me i can

uh-oh
08-06-2017, 01:14 PM
You aren't horrible at all.

its just too par for the course, you don't stick out, your pen game is nice, but you don't differentiate yourself from the pack with your flow and delivery. if i have a spot on a song for a mean 16 i wouldn't doubt you could kill it. but you aren't well rounded enough from what i've heard to make a full project. i've tried to encourage you to make more music, just make tons of shit. work on doing hooks. work on different flows. approach things different. don't be afraid to have space in your bars. don't be afraid to dumb them down to help the delivery and vibe

you are an instrument on the track.

if you were a piano, you are the equivalent to rapid quick playing of like a scale or something. a bunch of individual notes that make sense and are in key, but every now and then if you vibe in and out with a chord and let it breathe, then come in breathe etc

i dont know man i don't rap

if you want to be more appealing to me, a nobody whose opinion means fuck all, try freestyling over beats. don't even worry about rhyming. just flow over different beats with nonsense words. record it.

then write seriously to those same beats, and record that.

then compare the flows, and try to figure out why what you write doesn't flow like the nonsensical frees

and change how you structure your takes on rapping in general

but again, i barely make beats anymore and i'm middling at best

we're both at the same tier in our hobbies. youre as good at rapping as i am at making beats. we'd both like to be better, but neither of us is REALLY willing to take the next steps and actually WORK at our craft. we just want to magically be better.

but word there are 1000's of beatheads better than me.

my approval isn't necessary i'm a bum

and this isn't false humbleness, i'm dead serious and objectively looking at my skillset.

when you look at your own skillset you should be able to see that your pen is nice, but you're take on making SONGS, writing hooks in particular, being diverse, having a unique flow and delivery etc leaves alot to be desired. with me its my laziness with chops, i can't filter for shit, my drum programming is mid tier, my mixing is ass, but i choose dope samples and let them shine as much as possible

if any of that makes sense

at the end of the day i don't care about making music. its something i do when the paranoia of getting high is overwhelming and i barely get high anymore lol. so don't look for my approval, look for the approval of people who actually care about making music

WRATH
08-06-2017, 01:18 PM
'Its something i do when the paranoia of getting high becomes overwhelming '

Uh oh i imagine your twitter is popping like fuck

uh-oh
08-06-2017, 04:58 PM
nah its wack

i just follow comedians on there really to see what new podcasts are brewing and who's coming to cleveland, and also random GIGGLES to occupy time on my lunchbreak

Geno
08-06-2017, 05:10 PM
lol, werd. thanks for the insight homie