PDA

View Full Version : dopest person to ever tell you you're dope?

boof
08-30-2017, 05:51 PM
any stories about your heroes or idols or just someone half famous praising your work/giving you props?

aceyalone and harry mack last night

Finnydot
08-30-2017, 06:01 PM
No. People always just tell me I suck.

Geno
08-30-2017, 06:04 PM
Dope dog.

uh-oh
08-30-2017, 06:25 PM
good shit booth

rapper wise, jin from the myspace days lmao. when i first flipped that am i a good man in like 06 or some shit, i sent it to him and he wanted to use it. never did. mickey factz digs my shit but it was never the sound he was going for whenever i tried to give him shit.

producers tho, 5th seal(daneja) and minnesota, both fucked with me from beattips. in the early stages of those beat battles sa'id had alot of known producers in there voting and shit, and both those dudes fucked with my beats. both produced for pun and countless others. that kid cus as well, he's an engineer whose worked with everyone. he actually had me send him stems to mix some shit for me and never hit me back. lmao. probably saw just how shit my mixes are and was like nahhh i gotta go mix something for some actual pop artist and get paid wtf is this.

but word im mostly in the stepping stone phase and basically done with music unless you blow up BOOTH lmao. im not good enough to pop, but im good enough for mediocre to trash artists to love me so its my own form of purgatory i'm stuck in where i have to ignore everyones emails and never make anything new or get better because fuck it

Geno
08-30-2017, 06:31 PM
Ur crazy uh-oh. Ur prolly better than my one boy and he sends shit to diaboloic alll the time for use.

Geno
08-30-2017, 06:32 PM
uh-oh i would really like to see you get more gutter though. Your shit has a really beautiful feel to it. I KNOWWW you could mob deep havok type shit out if you wanted

Finnydot
08-30-2017, 08:32 PM
Uh oh, you need to quit hating on yourself. You're the exact opposite of me. I think everything I do (finished) is dope. Anything that I struggle with, I give up. But when I can vibe till the end I feel I'm damn Dr Dre sometimes. You've gently brought me back down to earth several times. But you for real have skills, and you know it's true because you and I hate on everyone else equally. It's like, if they ain't m.o.p. we ain't fucking with them. Gutter shit or else. I second Geno in that to gotta find them dark piano rolls, find a 4 bar loop and ride. I still think we need to marvel team up but we're both lazy. Fuck that, I'm sending more shit through tonight, you're fucked.

warthog.
08-30-2017, 09:47 PM
what about the whackest person to ever call you whack?

Finnydot
08-30-2017, 10:46 PM

Prolly Hush or any of these text kids that say because I don't use a lot of metaphors and similes that I'm wack.

Certain
08-30-2017, 11:30 PM
Darth Yoda

The Dead Poet
08-30-2017, 11:55 PM
Rappers - Phonte bought 3 beats...they never showed up on anything which kind of sucked...but I got paid. But he's recently hit me up looking for more shit. Bishop Lamont is out around my way pretty often. Seemed geeked on my tape I gave him. I've since just gave him like 4-5 beats. You dudes may or may not know chuwwee but he's used a few of my beats on different shit.

Producer - I grew up with Ohno (madlibs brother) and Kanick. Lib was older and was already doing shit with lootpack and the alkoholics. so I really didn't have much interaction with him....I was younger than ohno and kankick but they showed me a lot about making beats. Ohno still critiques some of my shit and occasionally calls me a pussy for not putting more effort into making money of music.

sral
08-31-2017, 11:57 AM
dizaster and illmac after they saw my battle with soul

i dont brag about it though

boof
08-31-2017, 12:32 PM
Rappers - Phonte bought 3 beats...they never showed up on anything which kind of sucked...but I got paid. But he's recently hit me up looking for more shit. Bishop Lamont is out around my way pretty often. Seemed geeked on my tape I gave him. I've since just gave him like 4-5 beats. You dudes may or may not know chuwwee but he's used a few of my beats on different shit.

Producer - I grew up with Ohno (madlibs brother) and Kanick. Lib was older and was already doing shit with lootpack and the alkoholics. so I really didn't have much interaction with him....I was younger than ohno and kankick but they showed me a lot about making beats. Ohno still critiques some of my shit and occasionally calls me a pussy for not putting more effort into making money of music.

sick

boof
08-31-2017, 12:36 PM
uh-oh i would really like to see you get more gutter though. Your shit has a really beautiful feel to it. I KNOWWW you could mob deep havok type shit out if you wanted

i agree with this and i think it's how you get out of your purgatory uh oh

Geno
08-31-2017, 02:38 PM
Phonte tho? Nice man

Geno
08-31-2017, 02:40 PM
I uses to cypher with canibus over aol IM lol. Dude had crazy stores about the cluba he was at and shit. Now its rly likely it wasnt him.. But the bars he kickes seemed like bis shit. This back in like 99 - 00 era of course. But he would always be ghosting and just pop up in my IMs and shit lol

His handle was canibus with some numbers after. I forget exactly what tho

TeckNeek
08-31-2017, 04:11 PM
your not lying. canibus was on AOL messenger. his shit was like Canibusrhymes or Canibusrips

wasim
08-31-2017, 04:21 PM
myself

Ghost1
08-31-2017, 04:49 PM
gee I was sitting here thinking hm....that seems unlikely that canibus would text battle geno on instant messenger and also regail him with anecdotes of getting pussy in the club like shades of a young al karpo but then....teck comes in and eliminates all of my concerns. I believe it all.

kannon
08-31-2017, 06:00 PM
Pack FM
C-Rayz Walz

Cool you got to meet Ace. I dont think I know the other guy.

kannon
08-31-2017, 06:10 PM
rapper wise, jin from the myspace days lmao.
Hahaha, "Myspace days" is crazy.

I got sent some beats by Pretty Lights when they were first starting out. Now I think it's just one guy, and he's more strictly EDM/Techno type music. I think I ended up using two of their beats on Start From Scratch.

YDK
08-31-2017, 06:45 PM

Beyond after I beat him lol

warthog.
08-31-2017, 08:43 PM
Beyond after I beat him lol

haha last time I heard about him he said he was going totally blind, probably can't see a lick now.

Finnydot
09-01-2017, 12:23 AM

That's dope as fuck.

oats
09-01-2017, 08:54 AM
Thesaurus and Nocando did a show in Hawaii in like 2011 and I battled a dude out front before their set, and both of them said I was dope. That's about it though.

Certain
09-02-2017, 02:22 AM
gee I was sitting here thinking hm....that seems unlikely that canibus would text battle geno on instant messenger and also regail him with anecdotes of getting pussy in the club like shades of a young al karpo but then....teck comes in and eliminates all of my concerns. I believe it all.

Nah, this was a real thing. Canibus was really smart and built up his cult through internet rap wannabes. MicClub.net had a ton of people on it back in the day. He also featured DZK and warbux on an actual studio album.

He's a fucking weirdo, but these stories are real.

WRATH
09-02-2017, 07:22 AM
DZK was dope back in the day. Heard he signed canibus well after they both fell off.

Objective
09-03-2017, 11:03 PM
Nah, this was a real thing. Canibus was really smart and built up his cult through internet rap wannabes. MicClub.net had a ton of people on it back in the day. He also featured DZK and warbux on an actual studio album.

He's a fucking weirdo, but these stories are real.

A lot of people are pretty certain he's referencing some of the people from CC and MicClub.net in a few of his tracks too. Then again, Canibus fans can be pretty weird though but I don't doubt it. Bus used to post on CC and read shit every now and then too. J.Cole used to post on CC back in the days along with a couple other dudes that have gone on to... do stuff. Canibus was really fucking dope to his fans though, if people on his boards was rapping and he had a show locally he'd meet up with them and happily help out/make sure they warmed up for him. Stuff like that. It's not weird at all to me if he used to freestyle rap on AOL or even freestylemadness.com when that was a thing.

Say whatever you want about the dude but he actually cared about his fans and deserves some cred for that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55dIQFnA0YI