PDA

View Full Version : Season 8 PREMAG:

Inno
11-27-2017, 07:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4JRU8uHRUo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZkmhygClCE

Hello Everyone and welcome to SEASON 8 of the Art of Writing league. This is a just a quick synopsis of what i was trying to say in the video.

Mags

im going to be posting these videos/audio mags with me basically reading each battle out loud. going battle to battle id say what 4 battles on a good week? thats 8 verse to go thru and critique for you fucks. live and indirect from a live person lol. so basically everything in your traditional written mag i will incorporate slowly each week, until the playoffs. ....

Voting

for now it will go as tradition. but i was wondering what you fellas thought about ghost voting? basically everyone pms me their votes and i reveal each winner through the mag. i could read out a couple of votes from each battle effectively adding more content. please let me know what yo think.

my idea behind it it is to get rid of sheep voting or steam ball voting lol...people see one vote going in favor of a favorite and everyone else sheeps from there, not always ofcourse but its a problem.

but again i realize we dont get that many votes anyway so its an idea to chew around.

Mags and battles will be posted every MONDAY with verses due every FRIDAY and VOTES on SUNDAYS.

Week 1

Diablo vs Genocide

PancakeBrah vs Pent uP

Diode vs dead man

Mr. J vs symetrik

MMLP vs Objective

2tripple0 vs Incredible vs Maximus

Enjoy!!

Objective
11-27-2017, 10:05 PM
Dope shit, Inno. I like the idea about blind voting too. Looking forward to finally start writing again.

Diablo
11-28-2017, 07:46 AM
lmao I cant view shit at work, both vids aren't showing up

i'll try peep once im home

symetrik
11-28-2017, 09:40 AM
I'd say ye, ghost voting is cool. BUT, also, should still provide feed back in the vote so either you can send the feedback to the writers, or after the winner is announced, feedback can go up?

dunno about y'all but I'm here for feedback

Diode
11-28-2017, 10:03 AM
are you on a boat

Inno
11-28-2017, 10:16 AM
Lol front porch
symetrik

I guess I would be the one to give out the feedback if we do ghost vote.

I would read each verse aloud
Give my opinion of each and my vote

Plus I’d read one vote for each verse.

So I total I would read 3 votes including both verses.

symetrik
11-28-2017, 06:10 PM
aight.

but we need PREDICTIONS, yo.

Diablo vs Genocide
PancakeBrah vs Pent uP (if he's still with it)
Diode vs dead man
Mr. J vs symetrik (no show LOL jk)
DVS vs Objective (no clue)
2tripple0 vs Incredible vs Maximus (uh tbh)

Incredible
11-28-2017, 06:52 PM
are you on a boat

I saw that too Lol

Props call shit, also I say ye to the ghost voting idea

Objective
11-28-2017, 07:09 PM
I guess I would be the one to give out the feedback if we do ghost vote.

In that case I'm against ghost voting as I thought all the votes would be made public after the fact. I like to read different peoples feedback since people pick up on different things, and I believe the best way to improve is to hear different views which is half of the reason I join these tournaments/leagues. But I don't mind either way, I'm cool with whatever happens.

symetrik
11-28-2017, 07:23 PM
^

DVS
11-28-2017, 07:48 PM
I think the ghost voting is a great idea but I think there is a couple things you should do.

1. Definitely post the posts afterwards.
2. How do you avoid everyone voting on the same battles and then others having no votes. If nobody knows what has been voted on, you would need to manage peoples votes and direct traffic, that's a big job / amount of time.

Inno
11-28-2017, 09:33 PM
I think the ghost voting is a great idea but I think there is a couple things you should do.

1. Definitely post the posts afterwards.
2. How do you avoid everyone voting on the same battles and then others having no votes. If nobody knows what has been voted on, you would need to manage peoples votes and direct traffic, that's a big job / amount of time.

Ok I feel you on the posting votes afterwards that’s no problem

Also I don’t think 2 is a problem either. As the votes come in I would update each battle with a blank vote count.

As the vote tally I’ll close accordingly and label as such.

How does that approach sound?

Also let me know about the topics things. I remember back in the day kids would post a thread topic and let people post what they wanted to write about all season long.

But let me know if u want to go back to me picking the same the topic for both opponents

DVS
11-28-2017, 09:41 PM
Ok I feel you on the posting votes afterwards that’s no problem

Also I don’t think 2 is a problem either. As the votes come in I would update each battle with a blank vote count.

As the vote tally I’ll close accordingly and label as such.

How does that approach sound?

Also let me know about the topics things. I remember back in the day kids would post a thread topic and let people post what they wanted to write about all season long.

But let me know if u want to go back to me picking the same the topic for both opponents

If you're happy to do the blank vote count. That's awesome, worth giving a go at least... its just one week.

As far as topics are concerned do as you please, you're running it. As long as its clear and opponents agree. I'm just happy to be doing this again.

symetrik
11-28-2017, 10:24 PM
the picture choice is dope, but I also enjoy the choice being taken away from me as long as it's a solid picture.
for this one, I saw that moose (elk?) pic and the line "cattle cloud" popped in so... there it goes.

there's always gonna be a rough week if the picture doesn't quite spark the imagination, but that's REAL LIFE EXPERIENCE. lol

Inno
11-29-2017, 09:13 AM
Glad y’all on board.

Mr. J
11-29-2017, 02:34 PM
the picture choice is dope, but I also enjoy the choice being taken away from me as long as it's a solid picture.
for this one, I saw that moose (elk?) pic and the line "cattle cloud" popped in so... there it goes.

there's always gonna be a rough week if the picture doesn't quite spark the imagination, but that's REAL LIFE EXPERIENCE. lol

Monkey see.....monkey do

Diablo
11-29-2017, 05:09 PM
lmao two verses down, one half written, one to go MMLP

symetrik
11-29-2017, 05:47 PM
uncertain if J is trying to talk shit or naw

Inno
11-29-2017, 06:21 PM
You will learn