symetrik vs Objective

Mr. J vs Incredible

Diablo vs Pent uP

YDK vs Requiem

DVS vs dead man

DISCUSS!

Pent uP
12-04-2017, 08:46 PM
Some things im not used to. Now i know i have a match every week lol.

Will put more effort in this week. See you baron

Inno
12-04-2017, 10:45 PM
posting mag now

warnig because i read each verse and broke down my vote....its 40 mins

enjoy lol

DVS
12-04-2017, 10:56 PM
posting mag now

warnig because i read each verse and broke down my vote....its 40 mins

enjoy lol

amazing. good on you

Inno
12-04-2017, 11:37 PM
It’s going to take a while fucking Amen was right

Inno
12-04-2017, 11:57 PM
Update

It’s processing now should be another 30-40 mins until the mag is posted

I’m proud of it tbh. Hopefully it sparks your interest I think I did a decent job for the first time. Trust the next couple of mags will be shorter and more thought out

symetrik
12-05-2017, 01:06 AM
but do you rap quite quickly or work with slower beats? Just curious.
at whoever ^
yeah. no chops but, I like a quicker delivery, dunno. the cat's I've done tracks with are all clean and I can't pull off slow shit.

predictions:
Mr. J vs Incredible

Diablo vs Pent uP

YDK vs Requiem (no clue)

DVS vs dead man

symetrik
12-05-2017, 01:08 AM
Objective you wanna do anything specific like same pic, min/same length? idgaf but I'm down

Inno
12-05-2017, 01:23 AM
at whoever ^
yeah. no chops but, I like a quicker delivery, dunno. the cat's I've done tracks with are all clean and I can't pull off slow shit.

predictions:
Mr. J vs Incredible

Diablo vs Pent uP

YDK vs Requiem (no clue)

DVS vs dead man

Word I feel you on that but you gotta throw audio flows out the window when trying to vote on a topical.

Most topical heads will sacrifice flow for content. So even though you find an audio flow it doesn’t necessarily mean that fact equates to what the writer was
Trying to convey

DVS
12-05-2017, 01:28 AM
Word I feel you on that but you gotta throw audio flows out the window when trying to vote on a topical.

Most topical heads will sacrifice flow for content. So even though you find an audio flow it doesn’t necessarily mean that fact equates to what the writer was
Trying to convey

this is super interesting and something I was wondering / going to open to discussion.

I'm super out of touch about what you guys look for in a topical or not -

But I'm under the assumption the verse you are writing is written so you can rap it and it works.

Like you should be trying to achieve both content and audio flow.

But that's just what I aim to do, not sure what others process is.

Inno
12-05-2017, 01:35 AM
this is super interesting and something I was wondering / going to open to discussion.

But I'm under the assumption the verse you are writing is written so you can rap it and it works.

And I felt you on thy whole heartedly but that again doesn’t necessarily mean other voter will take into account. From my experience, I’ve learned to keep with the norm, now does that translate to W’s? U don’t know but I do know what the voter want. Which honestly I hope the blind voting ends that

Objective
12-05-2017, 02:04 AM
Objective you wanna do anything specific like same pic, min/same length? idgaf but I'm down

I always think it's interesting going for the same topic. 1. it's fair in terms of the battle if both are just as inspired, and 2. always cool to see how your opponent flipped it.

That said tho, I'm kinda neutral to the whole thing as well. If you're up for it you can find a picture that inspires you and I'm down to write to the same. Good luck regardless what you're up for.

Objective
12-05-2017, 02:08 AM

What I've found is that people look for different things. Some people just completely love the flow and rhymeschemes and may not care that much about plot, then you got people that love the abstract shit mixed with a great plot. Personally I love a great story that flows well and brings something new to the light whether it be an interesting rhymescheme, concepts, abstract similies or moral messages.

It's definitely not important for it work in a audio flow but a certain internal flow is definitely appreciated.

sral
12-05-2017, 05:03 AM
I place a HUGE emphasis on flow in my shit tbh

Diablo
12-05-2017, 09:09 AM
am i 2-0 because I won two matches last week?

Diablo
12-05-2017, 09:09 AM
Some things im not used to. Now i know i have a match every week lol.

Will put more effort in this week. See you baron

YOU DEAD

Amen
12-05-2017, 09:19 AM
It’s going to take a while fucking Amen was right

If ya'll would just listen to me man... Instead of jumping down my throat constantly trying to prove me wrong lol...

Shits annoying, aint it lol...

Inno
12-05-2017, 09:50 AM
am i 2-0 because I won two matches last week?

Forgot about that. Yes

symetrik
12-05-2017, 11:35 AM
I always think it's interesting going for the same topic. 1. it's fair in terms of the battle if both are just as inspired, and 2. always cool to see how your opponent flipped it.

That said tho, I'm kinda neutral to the whole thing as well. If you're up for it you can find a picture that inspires you and I'm down to write to the same. Good luck regardless what you're up for.

I dunno how to copy the links from the google topic drive, so uh, you down for one of these?

second row, #6, like a bunch of apartment balconies with a red head sitting on a dock
or
third row, #6 as well, the like stone giants and air balloons and shit.

Objective
12-05-2017, 04:55 PM
I dunno how to copy the links from the google topic drive, so uh, you down for one of these?

second row, #6, like a bunch of apartment balconies with a red head sitting on a dock
or
third row, #6 as well, the like stone giants and air balloons and shit.

Save the picture and upload it to imgur.com or something. Copy the direct link after uploading and post it with img tags, you can also auto-resize it to message boards (640x480) before uploading on the menu to the right on imgur.

I got the link for us this time around: https://i.imgur.com/mqbUq9J.jpg

Diablo
12-06-2017, 05:21 PM
48 lines done Pent

wanna post early so we get max votes this week?

Pent uP
12-06-2017, 05:53 PM
48 lines done Pent

wanna post early so we get max votes this week?

Ill see what i can come up with tonight

Inno
12-06-2017, 06:05 PM
You guys

Inno
12-07-2017, 10:56 AM
Mr. J Requiem Incredible

What’s good folk y’all didnt vote last week and you gotta a battle this week.

If yah don’t show and don’t vote again I’m not wasting time giving u guys battles and mag space.

Thank you bitches

sral
12-07-2017, 02:41 PM
lmao I wanted to write a story about Genos penile problems this week but I got stuck for a rhyme like 4 lines in so I might save that for an open mic drop or some shit lol

Diablo
12-08-2017, 12:26 PM
damn it snowing like crazy down here tonight

Mr. J
12-08-2017, 07:40 PM
Didnt realize I was still in....someone tag my opponent

Mr. J
12-08-2017, 08:08 PM
Incredible you here little buddy...

Id write but Im bored...if you show up then Ill get started...if not...then I request an ext or another opponent.

Mr. J
12-08-2017, 08:33 PM
lol....

anyway Innovator putup the ext brah. Ill ge tthe votes in manana

Objective
12-08-2017, 09:14 PM
If you don't show you'll get paired with someone else so if I was you I'd just write some shit and post it up anyways in the future. ^^

Inno
12-08-2017, 09:18 PM
lol....

anyway Innovator putup the ext brah. Ill ge tthe votes in manana

If he doesn’t show I’ll sub in for him so either way write something lol.

You can get the extendo

Mr. J
12-08-2017, 09:23 PM
If you don't show you'll get paired with someone else so if I was you I'd just write some shit and post it up anyways in the future. ^^

but I want to try hard....

Objective
12-08-2017, 09:59 PM
Innovator, why is Diablo at 2-0 in the standings after only a week?

@Mr.J, cool, then try hard. There's nothing more to it, lol.

Mr. J
12-08-2017, 10:35 PM

I really don't want to. I'm just doing this to pass the time until I feel ready to compete so I'm moving at 25%

As soon as the cypher thread is popping and the OM has more drops maybe I'll wipe the dust off my keyboard. Till then it's Twitter fingers

Objective
12-08-2017, 11:20 PM
Ah, damn, I can see that. Best of luck with the moving thing, I always find that whenever I move I lose at least a few things I wish I hadn't lost. No idea where or how they'd even get lost in the first place, lol.

Inno
12-08-2017, 11:32 PM

Because he subbed in for a no show last week as well as winning his own battle.

Diablo
12-09-2017, 03:26 AM
Yeah, I won two seperate battles last week because I filled in on short notice -24 hours prep, vs Incredible

Pent says he's writing so I guess he's taking an extension, my verse is done but I'm taking my daughter to the zoo today so I can't post til I'm home but soon as I see his verse up I'll drop

Pent uP
12-09-2017, 03:54 AM
i am 20 lines in. itll be done in a couple of hours probably.

but I will be there with a full verse bud. Sorry for the delay.

Pent uP
12-09-2017, 05:15 AM
Yeah, I won two seperate battles last week because I filled in on short notice -24 hours prep, vs Incredible

Pent says he's writing so I guess he's taking an extension, my verse is done but I'm taking my daughter to the zoo today so I can't post til I'm home but soon as I see his verse up I'll drop

wtf did u edit a half hour after i replied?

regardless respect, see you whenever you drop

Objective
12-09-2017, 05:56 AM

Aaaah yeah, the battle I probably missed out voting on due to battle being up and closed before I got time to check it out. EU times and life etc. That's dope dude, well done and +1 rep for stepping in.

Edit: can't rep you atm, it's the thought that counts I guess, or doesn't count depending on how you look at it.

Diablo
12-09-2017, 11:32 AM
wtf did u edit a half hour after i replied?

regardless respect, see you whenever you drop

I repeated the same thing twice in my post that was all

I'm pedantic hahahaha

Diablo
12-09-2017, 02:20 PM
Innovator delete your post please bro to clean up the thread

yours doesn't have the pic I wrote to!

symetrik
12-09-2017, 06:55 PM
i'll vote tomorrow since there's only one other battle up. gives time for OTHERS TO NOT BE LATE OMMMG

Objective
12-10-2017, 01:29 AM
Innovator: I think I might have time to write something today (it's 07:30am, Sunday for me now, so I can write something up quick enough for someone not to get noshowed) unless Diablo or anyone else is already on a sub-list. I got the whole day free and I'll match my opponent on the topic.

Diablo
12-10-2017, 04:17 AM
There's no real sublist as far as I'm aware, it was just first come, first served, but I'm not feeling so great today actually my neck and shoulders are stiff/hurting so feel free, you'll be doing me a favour haha!

Inno
12-10-2017, 11:56 AM
Innovator: I think I might have time to write something today (it's 07:30am, Sunday for me now, so I can write something up quick enough for someone not to get noshowed) unless Diablo or anyone else is already on a sub-list. I got the whole day free and I'll match my opponent on the topic.

Go ahead Objective battles won’t close until tomorrow night you got Time

Objective
12-10-2017, 12:58 PM
Go ahead Objective battles won’t close until tomorrow night you got Time

Fuck, wish I had checked earlier. I don't think I'll make it after all, some stuff just came up. I'll see if I can write some today and post something up. I'm really sorry about this though. There's a 50% chance I might, I'll keep this in mind for the following weeks and will make sure to choose a topic posted as close to the week in question as possible so y'all know it ain't some prewritten shit.

Diablo and @EveryoneElse: If y'all got time you can write something up and possibly boost your winrate even more.

Diablo
12-10-2017, 01:00 PM
I've taken a couple codeine pills tbh for the pain I'm in

Once my wife's in bed I'll see what hits me

Inno
12-10-2017, 01:23 PM
If anything remember I can just combine these battles.

So let me know tonight Diablo Objective

Inno
12-11-2017, 03:31 PM
Mr. J let get me get some votes bruh
YDK same to you

Closing battles tonight.

YDK
12-11-2017, 07:18 PM
YDK same to you

Closing battles tonight.

Gotchu, how we doin votes now just post in the thread like usual or anythin different?

Mr. J
12-11-2017, 07:24 PM
YDK same to you

Closing battles tonight.

Shit I'm celebrating tonight. Better keep em open til midnight

Inno
12-11-2017, 08:47 PM
Gotchu, how we doin votes now just post in the thread like usual or anythin different?

YDK Mr. J

Had an emergency with one of kids so didn’t have time to get the mag going.

I’ll leave the battles open until tomorrow

YDK send me your votes via pm kido

Mr. J
12-11-2017, 09:10 PM
Im just dropping my votes in thread.

cant convince me to ghost & play cute

Diablo
12-12-2017, 05:31 AM
I voted on the wholeeeeee lot!

Inno
12-12-2017, 08:45 AM
Thank you.

Battles and mag go up tonight. Sorry for the delay folk

Diablo
12-12-2017, 09:07 AM
Repped

Inno
12-12-2017, 09:18 AM
Mr. J YDK Objective

Y’all still got a chance to vote before new matches go up.

Objective
12-12-2017, 11:24 AM
Y’all still got a chance to vote before new matches go up.

Sweet. I'm going to vote today, just give me a couple more hours and I'll get down to it. Sorry about that but I'll get em down and sent to you during today.

Edit: votes are in.

Mr. J
12-12-2017, 01:56 PM
I'll have a window to vote between 12-4 PST