PDA

View Full Version : (Bookcees) 52 book challenge

Pages : [1] 2

Captain Neckbeard
12-12-2017, 02:35 PM
http://www115.zippyshare.com/v/5cnS9eGN/file.html

link is attached above

its only 120 pages so I mean its like reading 120 text battles

u guys do that in one night getting ready to steal bars from the archives for nbl every week so lets get it!

Orc
12-12-2017, 03:24 PM
great, thx fr the other one too. Listened to some today. Audiobooks will change my life haha. Ive always been sceptical

Aero
12-12-2017, 03:34 PM
Sounds interesting.

Captain Neckbeard
12-12-2017, 03:35 PM
great, thx fr the other one too. Listened to some today. Audiobooks will change my life haha. Ive always been sceptical

lol yes! yo its like plugging into the matrix ahaha

Captain Neckbeard
12-12-2017, 03:35 PM
Sounds interesting.

don't ever misquote me in your publication again or I will be forced to pursue legal action

Amen
12-12-2017, 03:45 PM
Glad these are back.

Will lock in tonight prior to eating an expensive meal, drinking some expensive champagne and laying down the D before bed.

I'LL ENSURE SHORTY SLEEPS ON THE COACH SO I CAN FOCUS.

Can't focus with a sexy naked bitch next to me.

Aero
12-12-2017, 03:51 PM
Glad these are back.

Will lock in tonight prior to eating an expensive meal, drinking some expensive champagne and laying down the D before bed.

I'LL ENSURE SHORTY SLEEPS ON THE COACH SO I CAN FOCUS.

Can't focus with a sexy naked bitch next to me.

I think I'm speaking to the collective conscience of NC when I say I hope you're not referring to your BM.

Amen
12-12-2017, 03:53 PM
I think I'm speaking to the collective conscience of NC when I say I hope you're not referring to your BM.

My BM better looking then any bitch you ever fucked with.

Better looking then any other niggas on here shorties they posted.

Prove me wrong, faggot.

Aero
12-12-2017, 03:57 PM
lol alright man that's what's up.

Bags is this an audio book?

Inno
12-12-2017, 04:08 PM

Same here lol. Read or listened to my first audio book last month.

For those 3 days I was throughly engrossed in the story.

Good hair bags I’ll start this tomorrow

Captain Neckbeard
12-12-2017, 04:09 PM
that link isn't no, its mad short tho

I couldn't find the audiobook for free

its on audible tho

Captain Neckbeard
12-12-2017, 04:11 PM
My BM better looking then any bitch you ever fucked with.

Better looking then any other niggas on here shorties they posted.
Prove me wrong, faggot.

this seems highly innacurate from my recollection of her

but I mean im sure shes a lovely woman lol

Amen
12-12-2017, 04:14 PM
this seems highly innacurate from my recollection of her

but I mean im sure shes a lovely woman lol

You saw 1 picture. Just 1 flick. And she squinting hard body from the VA beach sun.

I have plenty... I mean she isn't a 10 by any means, but Compared to Knuck wife she a 100.

Silver a 10 compared to Knuck wife as well.

Captain Neckbeard
12-12-2017, 04:17 PM
oh well I didn't know we were using knucks wife as the bar LMAO smh gone

Amen
12-12-2017, 04:18 PM
Hahaha

Aero
12-12-2017, 04:28 PM
Cringeworthy exchange.

Amen
12-12-2017, 04:41 PM
Bro stop clogging this thread up faggot.

Your next post better be discussing or leaving feedback on the book or else...

big baby
12-13-2017, 07:54 AM
bb dun have mom i wuS bron in lavavstory

Captain Neckbeard
12-13-2017, 09:34 AM
jesus

KempoMRK
12-14-2017, 12:52 PM
I'm about halfway through this. There's some really good chapters.

Inno
12-14-2017, 02:46 PM
I’ll finish this tomorrow.

Got it on audible so I should finish this during work

Inno
12-15-2017, 12:58 PM
This book is interesting to say the least. Some ideas are out there lol.
The first story actually is pretty dam dope lol. I was like ok that was a surprise
Got a couple favorites in here but I’ll wait until everyone is done to give my full
Review. But so far(32 of 40 chptr read) so good

KempoMRK
12-15-2017, 01:54 PM
This book is interesting to say the least. Some ideas are out there lol.
The first story actually is pretty dam dope lol. I was like ok that was a surprise
Got a couple favorites in here but I’ll wait until everyone is done to give my full
Review. But so far(32 of 40 chptr read) so good

I'm looking forward to finding out what your favourites are. I've got some favourites and they've definitely stuck in my head from when I first read the book, so I'm curious if yours will be similar.

Inno
12-15-2017, 04:59 PM
I'm looking forward to finding out what your favourites are. I've got some favourites and they've definitely stuck in my head from when I first read the book, so I'm curious if yours will be similar.

Word once enough people finish it I’ll add it don’t wanna ruin it lol. But yo I’m done and this book was a trip. Very interesting language and ideas. Good read for sure

Ghost1
12-28-2017, 02:43 PM
still a few days left to the month

im gonna blaze thru this this week

will be back

oats
12-29-2017, 09:12 AM
respect for keeping this going!

KempoMRK
12-29-2017, 12:46 PM
Sweet!

I finished it a couple of weeks ago, shall post thoughts soon.

Inno
12-29-2017, 06:39 PM
Same here

KempoMRK
12-30-2017, 11:22 AM
6 or 7 years after I first read this I really enjoyed it again. It's not a book to read in a short period of time, it's best to dip in and out by reading a few chapters every day or two. I found that when I read half of the book in one sitting it started to feel repetitive, but by breaking it up a bit more it makes it far more enjoyable. I love the concept of the afterlife, so this appealed to me when I first read it and it still appeals to me now. I enjoyed the creativity of all of the chapters, even though some were a little dull. My favourites were the following:

Metamorphosis - You live on in the afterlife until your name is spoken for the last time. I liked that this was considered beyond sentimentality, by thinking about the types of people who wouldn't want to be there.
Great Expectations - Everyone signs up to a virtual afterlife where you can choose what you want to be, but upon death they're disappointed to find out it was a con, and they're in the stereotypical version of heaven with fluffy clouds and harps. This one made me laugh because I could imagine humans getting completely duped by it.
Will-o'-the-Wisp - You can watch anything happening on earth on a TV screen, however, only the sinners are allowed to watch as it's seen as a form of torture to see your loved ones disappoint, grow old and die.
Prism - You're split into multiple versions of yourself at all different ages. I found this very clever because I'd often thought about what body you'd become in a hypothetical afterlife.
Subjunctive - You share an afterlife with hundreds of different versions of yourself, who have made better or worse choices than you did. I really liked this one, probably my favourite of them all. The thought of seeing the better and lesser versions of yourself and growing to hate them all was very funny but also thought provoking.

I initially gave this a 4/5 when I first reviewed it years ago, and I think I'll stick with that. Though at times it became repetitive I found that overall it was such an enjoyable concept that it managed to go beyond that.

4/5

Inno
01-02-2018, 09:16 AM
Word this was an outstanding book. Lots of great ideas

Honestly I only disliked a few of them, mostly the shorter ones as they didn’t have to much context

Loved the one about choosing your own after life before you died. Thought that was very interesting and telling lol. Even in the after life niggas get bored and complacent? Word lol.
What I found interesting about the subjunctive is almost how predictable that scenario is. As soon as I started reading and realized the plot, I thought to myself, man I wouldn’t want to see my self more or less successful than I am now. I mean dam that’s a scary perspective to think about. I mean imagine I have thoughts of what ifs all the time. Some good but most bad so I imagine that scene would not be good one to experience over an eternity. Lol

Dope book 4/5......I didn’t like that he kept mention god as a she. Fuck that bullshit

Inno
01-05-2018, 01:43 PM
We still doing this?

Just finished Artemis shit was boss.

Starting the the light between oceans.

What’s good people

KempoMRK
01-06-2018, 12:45 PM
What I found interesting about the subjunctive is almost how predictable that scenario is. As soon as I started reading and realized the plot, I thought to myself, man I wouldn’t want to see my self more or less successful than I am now. I mean dam that’s a scary perspective to think about. I mean imagine I have thoughts of what ifs all the time. Some good but most bad so I imagine that scene would not be good one to experience over an eternity. Lol

Yeah, it's a terrifying premise. It seems cool at first then you realise how awful it'd be haha.

I'm down to read whatever for January.

Ghost1
01-06-2018, 12:49 PM
Sorry homies I've had the flu for 5 days -_-

I still plan to get to this but we can do a new book for this month obv

Inno
01-06-2018, 01:21 PM
I’m reading the light between oceans if anyone is interested in that.

Ghost1
01-06-2018, 06:40 PM
WW2 stuff right? I forget...I seen it at the store the other day tho

Inno
01-06-2018, 07:49 PM
WW2 stuff right? I forget...I seen it at the store the other day tho

Nah it’s about a man an woman finding a baby in the middle of the ocean. That’s what I know so far. Lol

big baby
01-06-2018, 07:54 PM
Nah it’s about a man an woman finding a baby in the middle of the ocean. That’s what I know so far. Lol

BB LYK THIS BOOK

Eŋg
01-11-2018, 06:01 PM
the journey of

stupid sexy bitch to
finer than anyone's woman posted here to
i mean she certainly isn't a 10 to
she's fine af compared to knuck's wife to
silver is a 10 compared to knuck's wife

was the destination here.

those mental gymnastics tend to stir a morbid curiosity when observed. scintillating read.

Inno
01-25-2018, 10:11 AM
Yoooooooo

Finished light between oceans, another dope read.

Reading the five people you meet in heaven now.

Dude dies and go to heaven and he meets 5 people from his lifetime and they tell him about his life thru their perspective. Sounds dope and it’s short.

Ghost1
01-25-2018, 10:59 AM
im have to peep that one u just finished. coincidentally eough I read 5 people u meet in heaven a couple weeks ago....thought it sucked honestly lol. its not the worst thing but it was type boring to me and not really profound at all for the subject content...at least to me anyways.

Inno
01-25-2018, 11:02 AM
im have to peep that one u just finished. coincidentally eough I read 5 people u meet in heaven a couple weeks ago....thought it sucked honestly lol. its not the worst thing but it was type boring to me and not really profound at all for the subject content...at least to me anyways.

Lol word well it’s short and I need a short book inbetween the next big book. But yeah I’ll read it and let you know, hopefully it’s not boring lol.

And yeah light between oceans was good, starts off slow and builds up towards the end. It was a solid read tbh. I don’t know if you will agree with the overal fell of the book, but it’s definitely worth a read.

Ghost1
01-25-2018, 11:04 AM
yea that's kindve the same reasoning I had when I picked it up lol. its quick tho and light so yea.

Inno
01-30-2018, 04:44 PM
Just finished.

I liked everything leading up to the last 2 people. Felt like those where the climax of the story but it felt lackluster. Like their wasn’t enough meat in those bones lol. But all in all good read.

Ghost1
02-01-2018, 01:28 PM
word I was already tuned out by that point but agree they were pretty lackluster considering I expected some really powerful shit to conclude his explanation to the meaning of life lol.

this what I read this year so far

1. The five people you meet in heaven by Mitch Albom (2/5)
2. Grimnoir chronicles hard magic by Larry Correia (4/5)
3. Who rules the world by Noam Chomsky (5/5)
4. Nudge by Richard H. Thaler (4/5)
5. Americas bitter pill by Steven Brill (4/5)
6. Made to stick by Chip & Dan Heath (3/5)
7. Confessions by St. Augustine (5/5)

Inno
02-01-2018, 02:56 PM
word I was already tuned out by that point but agree they were pretty lackluster considering I expected some really powerful shit to conclude his explanation to the meaning of life lol.

this what I read this year so far

Dam 7 books in one month? Nice!

I’ve only read 2 so far, but I sign up to good reads and they have these challenges you can sign up for. So yeah I have to read 50 books by the end of the year. 2 downlol

Sup with that Grimnoir joint?

Ghost1
02-01-2018, 03:57 PM
grimnoir is fire bro bro is set in the ww2 era and they have discovered that some people have magic abilities. its like xmen manga on meth.

an word thanks man im on good reads too but I don't be using it at all I need to track my books on there....shit even counts how many pages u read total lol

uh-oh
02-01-2018, 09:12 PM
you read that jordan peterson shit yet or are you too busy reading about magical nazis

Ghost1
02-01-2018, 09:19 PM
Gone

Man the copy I had downloaded was like mp4 format which I guess is only for iPhones? Fucking bullshit I need a converter to make them mp3s but idk how an haven't been press to figure it out

I did however start listening to his 12...I think 12 part lecture series he released this year on maps of meaning

He's cool....a bit of a rambler...but im already familiar with the jungian works that he seems to be rooted in and I dig Jung

I am almost done w the first lecture.....he talking about pinnochio right now lol.....better be good

uh-oh
02-01-2018, 09:33 PM
oh word thats dope. ive only checked a couple of his lectures, they were the ones where he focused on bible shit and why the underlying messages and shit resonate. but i've only made it like a half hour into each. if i see one i'll throw it on and fall asleep to it lol

im not sure if the book would be good i dig the guy though from his conversations with people but yea the lecture stuff kind of just does me in, in general. i listen to lectures on antiquity and all that shit too but its mainly to pass out, but yea im not sure if the maps of meaning stuff is all that great, the biblical stuff might be some of those though

also i download alot of podcasts that are in .m4a which i think is that mp4 format for iphones.

if you download them on a computer, and try to drag and drop them to your phone, it will prompt you to convert them and do it for you. like its built into windows on your computer or whatever i think.

but i also use my old phone (note 4) as my mp3 player. it might be the phone i dunno, but i know i can't drag and drop with my new phone its wack and has protections and shit built in. lg g6

Ghost1
02-02-2018, 01:43 PM
yea I download actually from my phone so nothing to transfer ha

but word so this guy is cool and at first was thinking wtf is uh oh listening to social psychology shit for but then the plot was revealed......hes an evolutionary phsychologist...well atleast that's what hes touching now.....he seems to be touching on a wide breadth of psychological studies.....I dig him....he really does jump from subject to subject tho sometimes its exhausting......maybe its because hes lecturing an actual class on these tho

Inno
02-02-2018, 05:06 PM
yea I download actually from my phone so nothing to transfer ha

but word so this guy is cool and at first was thinking wtf is uh oh listening to social psychology shit for but then the plot was revealed......hes an evolutionary phsychologist...well atleast that's what hes touching now.....he seems to be touching on a wide breadth of psychological studies.....I dig him....he really does jump from subject to subject tho sometimes its exhausting......maybe its because hes lecturing an actual class on these tho

He’s been on the the joe Rogan podcast more than once. Dude is mad interesting with his ideas. They talked about the 12 or w/e the last time he was on with Rogan actually.

Ghost1
02-02-2018, 05:09 PM
Definitely up rogans alley for sure

If you think he's interesting you'd probably enjoy Stephen Pinker too

Inno
02-03-2018, 10:42 PM
Word I’ll look him up.

I’m reading WOOL right now.

Vulgar
02-03-2018, 10:59 PM
Jordan Peterson, while I don't know a lot about him, I saw a few clips and he does seem like the typical "thought leader" that speaks to something relevant in the news or our culture.

The last book I read was by former U.S. Civil Rights Commission chairman Mary Frances Berry who's also a historian and wrote a recent book for Beacon Press that's coming out in March entitled "History Teaches Us To Resist" and it's a history of social protest movements from the FDR administration to the Bush administration. Pretty well researched stuff, and the author was involved in nearly every major protest movement too, from marching with Coretta Scott King to the Free South Africa movement and via Wikipedia: "In 1984, Berry co-founded the Free South Africa Movement, dedicated to the abolition of apartheid in South Africa. She was one of three prominent Americans arrested at the South African Embassy in Washington the day before Thanksgiving; the timing was deliberate to ensure maximum news exposure."

I also recently skimmed through (didn't read fully) Through the Day, through the Night: A Flemish Belgian Boyhood and World War by Jan Vansina who was one of the major anthropologists of the last century, who was a polymath and apparently could speak like 15 languages - someone who was a PhD student under him told me he literally knew everything.

The next book I want to read is The Shock Doctrine: The Rise of Disaster Capitalism by Naomi Klein. But we'll see what happens, I've been busy with work lately.

Inno
02-16-2018, 07:36 PM
Up

Ghost1
02-22-2018, 09:53 AM
finished that 30hr maps of meaning lecture series and it was dope. also finished his 12 rules to chaos book. I think really rule 11 is probably all youre looking for out of this book @uh oh but I thought the whole book was still amazing.

word to vulg the shock doctrine is on my list and also w Peterson referencing it multiple time I picked up the gulag archipelago as well.

I have a credit on audible and im debating on a book about sleep studies or something political but not sure what I want

ideas?

what u reading inno

Inno
02-22-2018, 09:57 AM
finished that 30hr maps of meaning lecture series and it was dope. also finished his 12 rules to chaos book. I think really rule 11 is probably all youre looking for out of this book @uh oh but I thought the whole book was still amazing.

word to vulg the shock doctrine is on my list and also w Peterson referencing it multiple time I picked up the gulag archipelago as well.

I have a credit on audible and im debating on a book about sleep studies or something political but not sure what I want

ideas?

what u reading inno

I’m on the last leg of WOOL.

Might start levathian or the sparrow

Amen
02-22-2018, 10:26 AM
Understanding Human Design by Karren Curry Parker

Some chick at work put me on it.

Shits interesting so far. Ya'll should give it a listen/read.

Ghost1
02-22-2018, 10:54 AM
whats WOOL?

and word whats that about amen?

Amen
02-22-2018, 11:15 AM
Astrology shit. How our environment, date of birth and location have a lot to do with our persona/character... And how we should embrace our persona/character to accomplish certain things in life. Also goes in to where we COULD end up in life should we embrace our inner characteristics...

Basically the type of person you are by design, how to build yourself and make yourself a better person and the impact your type has on society.

Shits interesting.

Ghost1
02-22-2018, 11:16 AM
hm...it sounds interesting minus astrology lol. youre catholic discard that voodoo witch craft!!

Amen
02-22-2018, 11:17 AM
Thought about it when the chick described it. But listened to an overall preview and it grabbed my attention.

I truly want to understand the hateful asshole I am today and try and become less of an asshole per se LOL.

Witty
02-22-2018, 11:37 AM
Shits nonsense.

Amen
02-22-2018, 11:57 AM
Personal growth to you is nonsense, so be it.

Don't complain when you aren't getting ahead in life man...

Ghost1
02-22-2018, 01:18 PM
astrology is what he is referring to....and rightfully so. if you want to know why you behave the way you do insights into psychology would be better suited.

Inno
02-22-2018, 01:28 PM
whats WOOL?

and word whats that about amen?

Amen on some gypsy shit

But yo will look is about people living in silos underground becuase the air is toxic outside. But that was 100’ of years back and now people are getting suspicious at the powers that b. Entertaining read so far.

Ghost1
02-22-2018, 01:29 PM
hm interesting ...haven't been reading much fiction lately.....haven't really seen anything that got me hype fiction wise I feel like

Inno
02-22-2018, 01:52 PM
hm interesting ...haven't been reading much fiction lately.....haven't really seen anything that got me hype fiction wise I feel like

Word. Honestly since I shop for books at goodwill, most non fiction books there are self help and cook books, a lot of cook books for some reason lol. But yeah since I’m not much of a reader is guess fiction is a bit easier to digest for me, especially when it’s 500 pages lol. I just found command and conquer and the art of war as well. So slowly I’m branching out from fiction

Amen
02-22-2018, 01:57 PM
astrology is what he is referring to....and rightfully so. if you want to know why you behave the way you do insights into psychology would be better suited.

Have a good read/listen in mind that you could recommend?

Ghost1
02-22-2018, 02:47 PM
oh geez man...where to start....uhm the social animal by Elliott Aronson & thinking fast and slow by Daniel Kahneman might be a good place to start...I recommend all of Jonathan haidts work also,

Ghost1
02-22-2018, 02:49 PM
Word. Honestly since I shop for books at goodwill, most non fiction books there are self help and cook books, a lot of cook books for some reason lol. But yeah since I’m not much of a reader is guess fiction is a bit easier to digest for me, especially when it’s 500 pages lol. I just found command and conquer and the art of war as well. So slowly I’m branching out from fiction

yea I can dig it....oddly enough I started the opposite way and branched out into fiction

definitely good to read both

some of those self help books are cool but ultimately I just found myself branching out into psychological books that the self help books are founded in.

an yea man when I go to get books from my church they have a shit ton of cook books ....mustve been before the internet idfk lol

Amen
02-22-2018, 03:19 PM
Dope.

Will give them a listen.

Witty
02-22-2018, 06:15 PM
Yeah I was referring to astrology.

But yo, imo books like the type bags referred you to can help you realise how to see yourself in a clearer light, but really, in my experience the best thing to do is just think...sit quietly, and think...analyze what you are doing, and think about why, or even don't do shit...just take half an hour a day to sit in some silence and let your brain g where it wants to, and to where it can't normally get to because it's preoccupied with the pressing matters of your daily life. That's how I understand myself, at least.

Amen
02-22-2018, 06:18 PM
Meditation.

Witty
02-22-2018, 06:18 PM
Essentially, yes.

Amen
02-23-2018, 05:22 AM
Tried it. I can't sit still for more then 5 minutes - so I already lost interests man.

I heard it works for some, tho. I'm not in that percentile.

Ghost1
02-23-2018, 06:13 AM
Should try binaural beats to help

I meditate 2x a day

Insight timer is a good app

Inno
02-23-2018, 10:16 AM
Or amen you can put a dick in your mouth and hum

Amen
02-23-2018, 10:27 AM
You the gay one.

Good job exposing those tendencies homie.

Inno
02-23-2018, 10:29 AM
Said the glossy lip crusader

Amen
02-23-2018, 10:56 AM
Come up with something new and on your own, sheep.

Ghost1
03-08-2018, 01:43 PM
8. 12 Rules For Life: An Antidote to Chaos by Jordan B Peterson (5/5)
9. Maps of meaning 2017 lecuture series by Jordan B Peterson (5/5)
10. why we sleep by Matthew Walker (5/5)
11. Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert B. Cialdini (4/5)

sleep book should be required reading for everyone. straight fire. if u aint getting 7-8hrs of sleep may as well one yaself rs.

Amen
03-08-2018, 01:50 PM
oh geez man...where to start....uhm the social animal by Elliott Aronson & thinking fast and slow by Daniel Kahneman might be a good place to start...I recommend all of Jonathan haidts work also,

'The Righteous Mind,' by Jonathan Haidt is dope.

Ghost1
03-08-2018, 02:06 PM
one of my top 10 for sure man

check out the happiness hypothesis by him as well.

veritas
03-08-2018, 03:05 PM
https://www.amazon.com/Panzram-Journal-Murder-Thomas-Gaddis/dp/1878923145

Hoooooly crap.

Ghost1
03-08-2018, 03:13 PM
sheesh looks way fucked up man lol

bleak
03-08-2018, 03:15 PM
Currently reading The Richest Man in Babylon. I'm told it is a popular book but if you haven't read I highly recommend it.

Ghost1
03-08-2018, 03:15 PM
have not read it....... describe it?

Inno
03-08-2018, 04:03 PM
Finished WOOL. Can’t wait for the sequel.

Started reading Abraham Lincoln: vampire hunter

bleak
03-08-2018, 04:18 PM
Apparently my phone/keyboard doesn't recognize Babylon as a word but Babylonian is cool lol it is The Richest Man in Babylon. It is basically a collection of stories across Babylon that give financial advice. Little quips that somewhat subtitle and frame the story still stick w/ me like:

A part of what you earn is yours to keep, insure your future.

The last one even a wordplay that shit lit lmao

Cred
03-09-2018, 03:02 PM

sleep book should be required reading for everyone. straight fire. if u aint getting 7-8hrs of sleep may as well one yaself rs.

Jus copped the why we sleep and influence on iBooks.

I’ve been on a tear wit reading books lately tbh. Recently read; 48laws of power, power of awareness, as a man thinketh, solve for happy, the art of war and Meditations emperor of Rome marcus Aurelius.

Btw, y’all niggas buying these joints? I’m over here paying 10$ a book n shit. If y’all know where I can read em online for free or w/e lmk Ghost1 Innovator

Kill Spree
03-09-2018, 03:08 PM

I’ve been on a tear wit reading books lately tbh. Recently read; 48laws of power, power of awareness, as a man thinketh, solve for happy, the art of war and Meditations emperor of Rome marcus Aurelius.

Btw, y’all niggas buying these joints? I’m over here paying 10$ a book n shit. If y’all know where I can read em online for free or w/e lmk Ghost1 Innovator

Hot or thot verse due a week ago

Ghost1
03-09-2018, 03:49 PM

my DUDE fuck no I aint payin for shit LMAOO

off top I can say for a fact that of the ones you listed above, 48laws of power, the art of war & meditations by aurelius are all on audio off of youtube for free

but I got more tricks up my SLEEVE too tho.......first of all......get a library card lol. even if you never step foot in the library their online services thru hoopla or onedrive are FIRE....u can get the ebook or audiobook straight onto ur phone and its FREE

I also be stealing mad books with torrents lol

audible is good for a free audiobook if u start a free trial

ALSO if any1 has books on audible we can send eachother a free book SO WE SHOULD BE DOING THIS .... lemme know who got it ill trade you a book

classics are all on libravox.com also if you wanting to delve into the classics.

I RARELY buy a book real shit....but honestly if I had the money I would purchase my 5/5 favs but right now its not feasible for me.

happy to hear you on the book game homie....shit changed my life

Inno
03-09-2018, 04:02 PM
Cred I usually go to goodwill bro every book is 1$ and the best sellers at 3. Usually they have 50 percent off 2 days a week so I get them even cheaper.

Also I have this app called my books which every classic book I.e the art of war and shit like is free to download.

But my primary is goodwill never fails and I always find gems in there

Cred
03-10-2018, 08:25 AM
Gone @ library card , like why the fuck didn’t I think of that?! I’m all tryna act grown buying a nasty ass Starbucks coffee that I don’t even drink jus to sit around that bitch wit all the other college students at Barnes and nobles lmao

Damn but dope shit Ghost1 already found a bunch on youtube, and tbh I def agree about the shit being life changing.

Innovator good lookin too bro

Ghost1
03-10-2018, 10:12 AM
Gone @ library card , like why the fuck didn’t I think of that?! I’m all tryna act grown buying a nasty ass Starbucks coffee that I don’t even drink jus to sit around that bitch wit all the other college students at Barnes and nobles lmao

Damn but dope shit Ghost1 already found a bunch on youtube, and tbh I def agree about the shit being life changing.

Innovator good lookin too bro

Lmfao gone at cred intimidating the fuck out of the poor Barnes and nobles and Starbucks patrons I SAID A FUCKIM COFFEE NIGGA HOW THE FUCK I KNOW IF ITS A VENTE!? sir can you lower your voice? People grabbing their children tightly Ahahaha

This is awesome tho man.....happy for u rs....whatever answers you're looking for you will find them.

Inno
03-10-2018, 10:29 AM
Cred bout to have a nook built in the hood

Amen
03-17-2018, 01:26 PM
Just started The Happiness Hypothesis - Jonathan Haidt.

For Battling
03-17-2018, 02:34 PM
Habitat Wool

Ghost1
03-21-2018, 09:54 AM
Orc can I get a title change on this thread to 52 book challenge since we obv never going to get people to read a book a month that we all agree on lol

I do like having this thread to talk about what were currently reading tho and also I plan to keep updating my list itt as well

Inno
03-21-2018, 10:31 AM
I heard dream catcher gives people nightmares

Anyone every heard that?

Amen
03-21-2018, 10:54 AM
Nah. Do you mean the native american tribal things you are supposed to hang over your head while you sleep or an actual book?

Ghost1
03-21-2018, 11:02 AM
lol yea I think the dream catcher net or whatever is posed to catch the bad dreams or evil spirits that enter your dreams and capture them so they cant get u etc lmao

if u mean the book by Stephen king I mean have u not seen the movie where my guy shits an alien out his butthole? LMFAO if that type shit is scary to u then maybe be cautious.

Inno
03-21-2018, 12:33 PM
lol yea I think the dream catcher net or whatever is posed to catch the bad dreams or evil spirits that enter your dreams and capture them so they cant get u etc lmao

if u mean the book by Stephen king I mean have u not seen the movie where my guy shits an alien out his butthole? LMFAO if that type shit is scary to u then maybe be cautious.

Lmao Amen yea the book bruh

The movie was outstanding tho, my nigga the Hebrew hammer died like a champ, was it his butthole?

Heard stories people get nightmares when reading it. Most people claim the nightmares have nothing to do with the book. Crazy shit yo.

I bought an o j Simpson book yesterday, wish me luck

Amen
03-21-2018, 12:35 PM
Oh, my bad lol...

Lol @ the movie Bags references. That shit was weird, tbh. Like REALLY weird. Wasn't there some hybrid nigga that was supposed to help or something in that movie? Like some alien human nigga STUDDIT or w/e the name was LOL.

Inno
03-21-2018, 12:45 PM
The book is so much better bro give it a try

And yeah I can’t remember his name exactly but you right

Amen
03-21-2018, 01:33 PM
Dream Catcher by Stephen King?

Ghost1
03-21-2018, 01:37 PM
lmao I don't remember the movie too well honestly but sounds about right, and man inno I have Stephen kings entire catalogue on audio ....its like 80 books lol....been meaning to get into the dark tower series.......IT was easily his best shit I ever read but I read the stand and 1963 or whatever that time traveling one where the guy stops the assassination of JFK was....that shit was doooooooooope.... I wanna read his OG classics tho.....the shining I think will be my next book of his

Amen
03-21-2018, 01:45 PM
11/22/1963 - is dope. Read it, cause it's the same day as my oldest sons birthday. It was gifted to him, and I read it.

Ghost1
03-21-2018, 01:46 PM
word I fuck w that shit heavy. I been meaning to get IN TIME which was the book that inspired him...I think veritas said he read it too and it was better/////

Inno
03-21-2018, 01:47 PM
lmao I don't remember the movie too well honestly but sounds about right, and man inno I have Stephen kings entire catalogue on audio ....its like 80 books lol....been meaning to get into the dark tower series.......IT was easily his best shit I ever read but I read the stand and 1963 or whatever that time traveling one where the guy stops the assassination of JFK was....that shit was doooooooooope.... I wanna read his OG classics tho.....the shining I think will be my next book of his

Word man I got a book by him called the badazaar or someshit like that and it’s a collection of creepy stories. Never seems it before. Funny did u see the Hulu show with James Franco(1963) dope show. I own the stand on dvd. But I want the book to read it. Stephen king is hard to find at goodwill lol

Amen
03-21-2018, 01:50 PM
Only King books I've read are that one and IT.

Both dope.

I like the 11/22/63 one better tho. I'm give Dream Catcher a shot.

Was hesitant because the movie was terrible lol. Man shitting out aliens to take over the world and a bald cancer survivor looking dude wasn't appealing to me.

Orc
03-21-2018, 01:51 PM
I read the stand, IT and all of the dark tower stuff. Took me so long to read the stand because I hated it. I thought tdts first book was really good and like the 3rd I think? When Roland is young. Rest wasn't great compared to similar books of the same genre I've read

Actually I've also read MR Mercedes which is a recent enough book of his. I grabbed it at an airport. Was a decent read

Ghost1
03-21-2018, 01:51 PM
lol funny I saw the stand sitting in a box at some random farm show the other day oddly enuff

an nah I never watched that shit but I heard it was good I may have to peep ....he got another short stories book that shawshank and lean on me came from too

Ghost1
03-21-2018, 01:52 PM
I read the stand, IT and all of the dark tower stuff. Took me so long to read the stand because I hated it. I thought tdts first book was really good and like the 3rd I think? When Roland is young. Rest wasn't great compared to similar books of the same genre I've read

Actually I've also read MR Mercedes which is a recent enough book of his. I grabbed it at an airport. Was a decent read

woooooord someone told me that 3 book collection that mr Mercedes is a part of was pretty good. an lmao I liked some of the stand but that shit def mad long im like yo when is this shit gonna end...and the main bad guy was like cartoon Dracula im like yoooo this shit kindve wack now lmfao the beginning was ill tho

Ghost1
03-22-2018, 11:07 AM
12. Media Control, Second Edition: The Spectacular Achievements of Propaganda by Noam Chomsky (3/5)
13. Manufacturing Consent: The Political Economy of the Mass Media by Edward S. Herman & Noam Chomsky (3/5)
14. Bad Samaritans: The Myth of Free Trade and the Secret History of Capitalism by Ha-Joon Chang (3/5)

these last 3 were kindve rough but still got a lot of good info out of them

currently reading the mcdonaldization of society and loving it....def gonna be a 5/5

Inno
03-22-2018, 12:10 PM
Artemis- 4/5
The time machine-5/5
Dracula- 4/5
Legend of sleepy hollow- 3/5
Sum: takes from the afterlife- 4/5
Beneath a scarlet sky- 3/5
WOOL- 5/5
The five people you meet in heaven- 3/5
The light between oceans- 5/5
Hitchhikers guide(5books)- 5/5
Island of dr. Moreau- 5/5
Abraham Lincoln vampire hunter- 4/5

Jesus I need to diversify my bonds b

Amen
03-22-2018, 12:43 PM
I need to step my audio book game up.

I'm ordering shit on iBooks.

Plus limited time to read - as I mostly read at night when kids are in bed.

I could play audio books while in the office instead of wasting brain cells and posting on here.

Youtube, you say? I know iBooks gives options... Maybe I'll just do that.

Vulgar
03-22-2018, 09:30 PM
I'm currently reading a long-form article about air pollution, does that count? lol
https://www.propublica.org/article/military-pollution-open-burns-radford-virginia

Checking in though, I hope to have some progress soon.

Inno
03-22-2018, 10:00 PM
Found these today

http://i66.tinypic.com/34ioe9c.jpg

Amen
03-23-2018, 07:08 AM
World War Z - interesting.

I'd read that only because I have an obsession with Zombie type movies/TV shows.

Inno
03-23-2018, 07:41 AM
Word. Not interested in zombie ish cuz most of it is bs but I’ll give this one a try.

Amen
03-23-2018, 07:43 AM
That's how I feel about Marvel flicks and Star Wars.

Exclusively Black Panther, LOL.

Took my boys to see it, and thought it was wack honestly LOL. Don't know what the hype was about lol... But then again, I feel that way about all them Avenger shits.

Ghost1
03-23-2018, 08:36 AM
good luck with the LOTR trilogy lol......advice.....just read the hobbit ....I loved it....couldn't get past the fellowship in the trilogy....its just way too slow.

Inno
03-23-2018, 09:10 AM
good luck with the LOTR trilogy lol......advice.....just read the hobbit ....I loved it....couldn't get past the fellowship in the trilogy....its just way too slow.

Ohh nah I just got them to have them lol

I will read the hobbit tho loved the movies interested in how it translates to book.

Ghost1
03-23-2018, 09:35 AM
trying to find some good books on columbine but having trouble PIRATING them

Amen
03-23-2018, 09:40 AM
Columbine - as in the Trench coat mafia school shooting? Heard they are working on a concept for a movie. Never knew there was a book. I'd like to read that as well.

How did you here about it?

Would be sickening for those parents/family whom suffered but I'm sure they are going to get paid.

Ghost1
03-23-2018, 09:45 AM
yea, theres a lot of books about it im not speaking towards a specific one and there isn't anything new im referencing. with regard to your families effected comment there was one that a mother of one of the victims wrote actually that is sposed to be pretty gut wrenching....that's not really what im interested in tho....there is one called comprehending columbine that is a supposedly a sociological study of the community, school, environment etc etc that lead to the event .... which is precisely my interest in the topic with all of the recent school shootings. I have fam in MD that were 20 min away from the school shooting in great mills last week.....crazy af

Amen
03-23-2018, 09:53 AM
Word.

I have a friend, ex whom lives 15 minutes from there who posted shit on FB about it. Apparently her daughters in that school district or w/e but she was pretty upset by it and that is completely understandable.

I'm going to look in to that as I am interested now as well. Interesting shit.

I read some book about the WACO shit a whileeeeeeeeeeeeee back, that was dope too. A female who was one of the wives of the strange individual wrote a book about how it all began and what lead up to the massive shoot out with government agencies and shit. Bugged out shit.

Ghost1
03-23-2018, 10:05 AM
id read that u know what it was called?

Amen
03-23-2018, 10:09 AM
When I get home, I'll check - shit was dumb long ago. Have the hard copy. Don't remember the title or author but I got you when I get home.

Shit was dope.

Ghost1
03-23-2018, 10:12 AM
wordup

Amen
03-23-2018, 11:01 AM
Curious,

Have you followed the entire WACO story man?

I remember this as a kid, as it went down a month after my 10th birthday. Shit is interesting a lot of the shit they uncovered as far as the ATF "Using excessive force" which ultimately lead to a lot of people get charges dropped that were originally charged with murdering a law enforcement agent. Shits wild man if you aren't up on it - look in the WACO new revelations documentary. A lot of live video footage from the time of incident - if you are interested. I believe I got the book from there, it was mentioned by a survivor/"Davidian" or w/e they were called who wrote it.

Ghost1
03-23-2018, 11:04 AM
nah honestly im not familiar with it at all but it sounds interesting af

Inno
03-23-2018, 11:06 AM
yea, theres a lot of books about it im not speaking towards a specific one and there isn't anything new im referencing. with regard to your families effected comment there was one that a mother of one of the victims wrote actually that is sposed to be pretty gut wrenching....that's not really what im interested in tho....there is one called comprehending columbine that is a supposedly a sociological study of the community, school, environment etc etc that lead to the event .... which is precisely my interest in the topic with all of the recent school shootings. I have fam in MD that were 20 min away from the school shooting in great mills last week.....crazy af

Yo that shit is wild. My wife’s sisters daughter was in the school in Florida. I don’t if I can handle r adding about real life like that lol. Books can give you those feelings but once done that’s it not real.

Y’all into inspirational shit?

This book called the last lecture is about a dude who is a professor and is diagnosed with cancer and like has months to live. So he prepares his last lecture. It’s not like a story line book more of a first person account. Shit is dope and short.

Also I’ve been seeing a lot TAO tittles books, anyone know wtf those are lol

Inno
03-23-2018, 11:08 AM
Candy contribute to thread topic, please don’t freepost

Candy
03-23-2018, 11:11 AM
non-artist's forced into being artist's to connect depth of message

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPkU-3TXBjk

Candy
03-23-2018, 11:11 AM
netcees

Candy contribute to thread topic, please don’t freepost
yes thank you you are welcome bless you

Candy
03-23-2018, 11:15 AM
http://www115.zippyshare.com/v/5cnS9eGN/file.html

link is attached above

its only 120 pages so I mean its like reading 120 text battles

u guys do that in one night getting ready to steal bars from the archives for nbl every week so lets get it!

impressed tali rodregious was making one aswell ow google has them (rapmusic.com) fatjoe

Ghost1
03-23-2018, 11:30 AM
Yo that shit is wild. My wife’s sisters daughter was in the school in Florida. I don’t if I can handle r adding about real life like that lol. Books can give you those feelings but once done that’s it not real.

Y’all into inspirational shit?

This book called the last lecture is about a dude who is a professor and is diagnosed with cancer and like has months to live. So he prepares his last lecture. It’s not like a story line book more of a first person account. Shit is dope and short.

Also I’ve been seeing a lot TAO tittles books, anyone know wtf those are lol

yea man sometimes I refrain from reading certain books depending on how im feeling lol....same as music

and yea man I watched Pausch's last lecture on youtube a few times its really good...the actual lecture......I never read the book tho but saw mixed reviews for it

and im more familiar with buddhism than the tao tbc.... theology is highly interesting to me but most of my theological focuses have been with regard to Christianity. st augustines philosophical works in his book called confessions literally ripped my brain open .....its in essence an autobiography but he does it in a way confessing his sins from literally child birth fucking insane. then he goes on to trying to comprehend timelessness in the form of god as a constant stream of time without beginning or end and ridiculing people for measuring god under human time constraints ie...if god always was why did he suddenly decide to create the world...and if in creating the world where did he exist prior to creation if he created existence...lol son .....son.

Inno
03-23-2018, 11:49 AM
yea man sometimes I refrain from reading certain books depending on how im feeling lol....same as music

and yea man I watched Pausch's last lecture on youtube a few times its really good...the actual lecture......I never read the book tho but saw mixed reviews for it

and im more familiar with buddhism than the tao tbc.... theology is highly interesting to me but most of my theological focuses have been with regard to Christianity. st augustines philosophical works in his book called confessions literally ripped my brain open .....its in essence an autobiography but he does it in a way confessing his sins from literally child birth fucking insane. then he goes on to trying to comprehend timelessness in the form of god as a constant stream of time without beginning or end and ridiculing people for measuring god under human time constraints ie...if god always was why did he suddenly decide to create the world...and if in creating the world where did he exist prior to creation if he created existence...lol son .....son.

That honestly sound real interesting but I’m bias against Christianity so I doubt I would even give it a chance. Being forced to go to church EVERY FOR 4 HOURS will do that you lol. But it sounds like it’s his own take which I would def get into that. People writing their own interpretation of religion is always interesting to read.

But that shit sounds like it change my perspective lol

uh-oh
03-23-2018, 11:51 AM
Read a game of thrones faggot

Over there reading some ancient hobbit horse shit when there is fire to be witnessed

Inno
03-23-2018, 12:37 PM
Lmao are they good? Never bothered to watch the show

Amen
03-23-2018, 12:58 PM
Game of Throne books are dope, SO I HAVE HEARD... but be prepared to read that series for the rest of your life.

That series is drawn out and long, I’ve also been told lol...

Fuck that, but the Augistine books are definitely dope. I read like half of a book, never finishing it which I should but the shit gave me a whole new perspective on life and my choices and actions lol.

Ghost1
03-23-2018, 01:16 PM
Read a game of thrones faggot

Over there reading some ancient hobbit horse shit when there is fire to be witnessed

shut up pussy lol

I started reading the one and it was like 4 faggoits in the woods found some fucking wolf cubs and chopped some guys head off then 20min of talking about the fucking sword he chopped his head off w and the other little fagot begging daddy to keep the puppies if he a good wittle warrior and take care of them MISS ME W UR INSISTANCE UPON THIS MORON SHIT

Inno
Game of Throne books are dope, SO I HAVE HEARD... but be prepared to read that series for the rest of your life.

That series is drawn out and long, I’ve also been told lol...

Fuck that, but the Augistine books are definitely dope. I read like half of a book, never finishing it which I should but the shit gave me a whole new perspective on life and my choices and actions lol.

Yeah I’m not really into that old world shit orcs and dragons, swords. Seems boring and too dam long. Who wants to read 100page book. Fuck that. Lol, plus I played Skyrim to dam much I’ve had enough of that world lol.

Amen
Lmfao

Ghost1
03-23-2018, 01:17 PM
That honestly sound real interesting but I’m bias against Christianity so I doubt I would even give it a chance. Being forced to go to church EVERY FOR 4 HOURS will do that you lol. But it sounds like it’s his own take which I would def get into that. People writing their own interpretation of religion is always interesting to read.

But that shit sounds like it change my perspective lol

far be it from me to tell you what to believe in but don't hide from information in fear you may gain a new perspective...willful ignorance is not good my guy

Amen
03-23-2018, 01:18 PM
I’m not with it either. I typically ask about books before reading them or check reviews and cliff notes type shit... that shit is corny too me. Braveheart was the only ancient type shot that was appealing, and maybe Troy. 300 was kind of wack, I thought... idk... just not in to that type of genre.

Inno
03-23-2018, 02:03 PM
far be it from me to tell you what to believe in but don't hide from information in fear you may gain a new perspective...willful ignorance is not good my guy

Yeah I can see that and I do agree. I guess it’s more the actual word of religion and not some ones telling of a religious experience.or how religion helped them I’m def not against that at all. To each his own but word you right

Inno
03-23-2018, 02:05 PM
I’m not with it either. I typically ask about books before reading them or check reviews and cliff notes type shit... that shit is corny too me. Braveheart was the only ancient type shot that was appealing, and maybe Troy. 300 was kind of wack, I thought... idk... just not in to that type of genre.

But see I fucking love history. I’m a big history buff. Got history channel on the hip always. Lol. Love that shit.

Yah should peep Dan Carlin’s podcast hardcore history. You won’t be disappointed. Warning tho. Each podcast is about 4-5 hours

Ghost1
03-23-2018, 02:11 PM
Yeah I can see that and I do agree. I guess it’s more the actual word of religion and not some ones telling of a religious experience.or how religion helped them I’m def not against that at all. To each his own but word you right

word man I get u from ur previous post that it was rammed down ur throat when you were growing up which left a nasty impression on u....but now that you have the freedom to explore it on your own would definitely be valuable to make sure to explore it (religion in general) in its entirety, imo anyways.

Inno
03-23-2018, 03:40 PM
word man I get u from ur previous post that it was rammed down ur throat when you were growing up which left a nasty impression on u....but now that you have the freedom to explore it on your own would definitely be valuable to make sure to explore it (religion in general) in its entirety, imo anyways.

No doubt b, ama go to goodwill again today see if I can find something that catches my eye.

Any other suggestions Ghost1 Amen as far as religion goes

Amen
03-23-2018, 04:06 PM
Start out with the bible LOL.

Confessions might have been the one I never finished.

uh-oh
03-23-2018, 05:49 PM
shut up pussy lol

I started reading the one and it was like 4 faggoits in the woods found some fucking wolf cubs and chopped some guys head off then 20min of talking about the fucking sword he chopped his head off w and the other little fagot begging daddy to keep the puppies if he a good wittle warrior and take care of them MISS ME W UR INSISTANCE UPON THIS MORON SHIT

so you literally didn't get past the first chapter?

each chapter is from a different perspective/characters viewpoint. bran gets thrown out a window and crippled for life after witnessing the queen getting dug out by her own brother. so he's barely in any of the books. like if there is 300 chapters in the series he has maybe like 20.

im just confused as to how you could make it through the hobbit or any of tolkiens shit. i actually like the genre and his shit is archaic. it'd be like bumping LL cool j's first album unironically for a month straight. wtf why

uh-oh
03-23-2018, 05:53 PM
Yeah I’m not really into that old world shit orcs and dragons, swords. Seems boring and too dam long. Who wants to read 100page book. Fuck that. Lol, plus I played Skyrim to dam much I’ve had enough of that world lol.

its not long enough. and any comparisons to other shit just falls flat. its more just medieval times grimeyness. there are 3 dragons, and they all belong to one person, and JUST got big enough to matter in like the 5th/6th book i forget. no real magic and shit. no orcs. plenty of swords though. but word i was mainly going at bags for trying to recommend lord of the rings shit while sleeping on the only fantasy series that is actually good in 2018

Ghost1
03-23-2018, 06:10 PM
so you literally didn't get past the first chapter?

each chapter is from a different perspective/characters viewpoint. bran gets thrown out a window and crippled for life after witnessing the queen getting dug out by her own brother. so he's barely in any of the books. like if there is 300 chapters in the series he has maybe like 20.

im just confused as to how you could make it through the hobbit or any of tolkiens shit. i actually like the genre and his shit is archaic. it'd be like bumping LL cool j's first album unironically for a month straight. wtf why

Lol have u read any other books? I'm fuckin w u tho....it seemed ok....I just haven't been in a mood for ANY fiction....as far as the Hobbit I literally read that back in middle school id never even attempt it today

uh-oh
03-23-2018, 06:17 PM
Lol have u read any other books? I'm fuckin w u tho....it seemed ok....I just haven't been in a mood for ANY fiction....as far as the Hobbit I literally read that back in middle school id never even attempt it today

i read mountains of trash. i havent read much in awhile though

i could recommend a ton of fantasy nonsense, but nothing is as good as the GoT saga from that vein. at least in my opinion. but there is some good shit.its just all more in line with the stuff that bit tolkien. but there is some other cool shit, kingkiller chronicles is cool, assassin series(s) from robin hobb, wheel of time was meh but it was pretty big for awhile, some raymond feist shit. etc etc

anymore when i read though its for boring purposes like LEARNING. actual history nonsense

Amen
03-23-2018, 06:45 PM
Bro, no one's read that drawn out series bro lol.

Inno
03-23-2018, 07:20 PM
Start out with the bible LOL.

Confessions might have been the one I never finished.

Nah that’s like diving into the deep end knowing you can’t swim

Amen
03-23-2018, 07:30 PM
LMFAO, nah. Book of Revelations is dope.
Ghost1 - did you keep waco doc I mentioned?

Ghost1
03-24-2018, 10:55 AM
Nah man u never told me wat it was called lol

Witty
03-24-2018, 10:56 AM
veritas I received your book today, will start reading tonight. That cover is dope.

veritas
03-24-2018, 11:17 AM
veritas I received your book today, will start reading tonight. That cover is dope.

Dude freaking awesome! So humbled and grateful to you fox. Please enjoy. Look forward to discussion

Amen
03-24-2018, 11:59 AM
Nah man u never told me wat it was called lol

Waco - Revelations or something.

There's a YouTube documentary on it based off the book. The author is one of the interviews had on it.

If you have time check it out. Mind blowing shit.

NYCSPITZ
04-20-2018, 08:02 PM
I would like to suggest for all my NCGs The Rational Male by Rollo Tomassi. Lots of concepts that I was familiar with but dropped out of my awareness and actions but are extremely relevant to men of our age. While it's eye opening/a great refreshing look on game based on peak male age 33-44 to get pussy, taking advantage of ovulatory cycles by being alpha and not a cuck etc. I think the most important notion I've seen so far is the myth of patriarchy in order to hide the ascending matriarchy which is currently manifesting in feminist circles, the far left and the #metoo movement among others. Patriarchy as a sociological fallacy used to emasculate men under the shadow of the sexual revolution which caused a tornado matriarchy from the 60s-90s which we are now in the shadow of. Obviously, men were more manly say in the 50s and before. Is the biggest crisis on earth currently that there are too many beta male cucks in the west who are terrified of an illusory patriarchy, which is truly an illusion writ large compared to a powerfully deceptive (and sociologically unconscious) matriarchal imperative to control masculinity and to control mate selection? Very thought provoking and imo a must read (if you haven't already read it)
veritas oats dead man Ghost1 Aero Vulgar uh-oh El Muffin sacrifice Amen etc

NYCSPITZ
04-20-2018, 08:28 PM
I mean ofcourse patriarchy still exists and it's suppressive but I'm wondering if we should be worrying about that at all in comparison with the epidemic of bitch made pseudo intellects feminist males which litter the landscape (which I consider having recently been one) and the need to extricate more of these bitch ass niggas from the masses in order to be better men

Amen
04-20-2018, 08:32 PM
Sounds interesting.

And yes, Way to many Betas these days. Not enough Alphas. I'll give it a read for sure.

NYCSPITZ
04-20-2018, 08:37 PM
Sounds interesting.

And yes, Way to many Betas these days. Not enough Alphas. I'll give it a read for sure.

https://www.docdroid.net/xmhw/the-rational-male.pdf#

here u go

Inno
04-20-2018, 10:24 PM
Reading the inheritance cycle book 2

Ghost1
04-22-2018, 12:30 AM
I would like to suggest for all my NCGs The Rational Male by Rollo Tomassi. Lots of concepts that I was familiar with but dropped out of my awareness and actions but are extremely relevant to men of our age. While it's eye opening/a great refreshing look on game based on peak male age 33-44 to get pussy, taking advantage of ovulatory cycles by being alpha and not a cuck etc. I think the most important notion I've seen so far is the myth of patriarchy in order to hide the ascending matriarchy which is currently manifesting in feminist circles, the far left and the #metoo movement among others. Patriarchy as a sociological fallacy used to emasculate men under the shadow of the sexual revolution which caused a tornado matriarchy from the 60s-90s which we are now in the shadow of. Obviously, men were more manly say in the 50s and before. Is the biggest crisis on earth currently that there are too many beta male cucks in the west who are terrified of an illusory patriarchy, which is truly an illusion writ large compared to a powerfully deceptive (and sociologically unconscious) matriarchal imperative to control masculinity and to control mate selection? Very thought provoking and imo a must read (if you haven't already read it)
veritas oats dead man Ghost1 Aero Vulgar uh-oh El Muffin sacrifice Amen etc

I tried to read this shit last year and just couldn't handle it.... too cringe for me......I guess mostly because I couldn't relate....but I agree there is some merit in the emasculation of men in this current generation

I'm currently reading CONSUMED which talks about consumerism infantalizing our youth and adults which has alot to do with the emasculation of men and also coincides with the notion of their not being a modern right of passage to manhood for men these days

Also listening to Jordan Peterson's lecture series on biblical psychological metaphors and his other lecture series about personalities and their transformation

NYCSPITZ
04-22-2018, 11:39 PM
I tried to read this shit last year and just couldn't handle it.... too cringe for me......I guess mostly because I couldn't relate....but I agree there is some merit in the emasculation of men in this current generation

I'm currently reading CONSUMED which talks about consumerism infantalizing our youth and adults which has alot to do with the emasculation of men and also coincides with the notion of their not being a modern right of passage to manhood for men these days

Also listening to Jordan Peterson's lecture series on biblical psychological metaphors and his other lecture series about personalities and their transformation

I watched 15/20 of the personalities and their transformation series so far. I might peep consumed but I think emasculation has to do more with the lack of wise male eldering today (like what Robert Moore hints at in his utube videos and books) moreso than any sort of consumerism infantilizing the youth. Consumerism, some sort of bartering or trade has always existed pretty constantly throughout recent history, even in the pre 50s era when we had more masculine men. To be honest though I haven't consumed "Consume" yet and therefore I might have to watch and see if it has any good points before talking. However imo wise male eldering has decreased partly due to the feminine imperative which naturally followed the creation of birth control which led to the sexual revolution of the 60s and 70s. The key is, and always has been, older male elders guiding younger males with wisdom and stability, I think with the shifting landscape we had a couple lost generations here so to speak that acted more bitch made on the male side of things than previously in history. That pick up artist lingo and tonality the rational male, that side of it can get cringeworthy, especially when he says things like I'm at least a "lesser alpha male" then in his youtube videos he's acting at times sort of like a soft cuck literally in a 17 year marriage. Despite this and the numerous grammatical and spelling errors in the pdf version I read I think there is something very salient about an outburst of feminine desire for control over power and mate selection after so many years of being cast as housewives with limited access to jobs and dick. This "feminine imperative", ofcourse in conjunction with other phenomena such as postmodernism and maybe consumerism among other things is emasculating young men. IMHO

Ghost1
04-23-2018, 08:31 AM
with regards to consumerism existing prior to the current era that's true yes but if you do get a chance to read it youll get a better idea of how much more rampant consumerism is in todays society than it was post ww2 era as you referred to. mainly it alludes to the idea that during the industrial era we gained the capability of mass production to such a degree that the only possible outcome was the proceeding consumer era which ultimately lead to our production being centered more so around services and advertisements and in such also an effort in streamlining advertisement efforts which lead to targeting a transcendant global demographic....our youth.....

the idea behind the infantilization being coupled with this consumerist strategy of our current society basically makes our parental figures want to be younger which in turn leaves them as identifying with their children more as peers....when the child realizes that their parent is not a dominant role they stop striving to achieve that level of adulthood because theres no value in becoming something that isn't a natural progression in the dominance hierarchy which is an idea that Peterson touches on briefly as well.....which is very Jungian in its base as is robert moore..... consumerism is not the sole factoring in the regression of male masculinity by any stretch but I think youd really dig this book being that this topic interests you because it gives an additional angle as to how our culture is impacting our masculinity immensely present day in exchange for propelling our globalist economy.

Ghost1
04-23-2018, 08:34 AM
I may give that tomassi book another try but im not sure I can deal with his lingo and approach on the subject as you mentioned....I may just try to find some relative work that's maybe a little more academic...I understand why he wrote the book the way he did and how it is targetd to a specific populace of men ...but I just remember a few times thinking ...lol yo this guys a little bitch LOL

Amen
04-28-2018, 12:43 PM
Lets not forget the fact that a lot of males these days are raised by their mother.

Single parenting mothers are wayyyyy more common NOW then the 50's, 60's and 70's.

Witty
04-28-2018, 12:47 PM
with regards to consumerism existing prior to the current era that's true yes but if you do get a chance to read it youll get a better idea of how much more rampant consumerism is in todays society than it was post ww2 era as you referred to. mainly it alludes to the idea that during the industrial era we gained the capability of mass production to such a degree that the only possible outcome was the proceeding consumer era which ultimately lead to our production being centered more so around services and advertisements and in such also an effort in streamlining advertisement efforts which lead to targeting a transcendant global demographic....our youth.....

the idea behind the infantilization being coupled with this consumerist strategy of our current society basically makes our parental figures want to be younger which in turn leaves them as identifying with their children more as peers....when the child realizes that their parent is not a dominant role they stop striving to achieve that level of adulthood because theres no value in becoming something that isn't a natural progression in the dominance hierarchy which is an idea that Peterson touches on briefly as well.....which is very Jungian in its base as is robert moore..... consumerism is not the sole factoring in the regression of male masculinity by any stretch but I think youd really dig this book being that this topic interests you because it gives an additional angle as to how our culture is impacting our masculinity immensely present day in exchange for propelling our globalist economy.

This is one of my favourite posts ever on Netcees.

Well articulated. Good job.

veritas
04-28-2018, 12:48 PM
How goes hyperbole House fox?

Witty
04-28-2018, 04:05 PM
I have read a little bit of the start and was intrigued. I got it when I had just started Black Wind by Clive and Dirk Cussler...one of the 50+ books I got from my father after he died, I'm nearly done, and once I am yours is next up. I used to breeze through a book a day at one time in my life, it's probably more like one a month now, unfortunately.

veritas
04-28-2018, 04:57 PM
I love you fox.

Ghost1
05-09-2018, 10:51 AM
12. Media Control, Second Edition: The Spectacular Achievements of Propaganda by Noam Chomsky (3/5)
13. Manufacturing Consent: The Political Economy of the Mass Media by Edward S. Herman & Noam Chomsky (3/5)
14. Bad Samaritans: The Myth of Free Trade and the Secret History of Capitalism by Ha-Joon Chang (3/5)
15. Mcdonaldization of society (6th edition) by George Ritzer (5/5)
16. The Lexus and the Olive Tree by Thomas L. Friedman (5/5)
17. Columbine by Dave Cullen (3/5)
18. The Vanishing American Adult: Our Coming-of-Age Crisis--and How to (5/5)Rebuild a Culture of Self-Reliance by Ben Sasse
19. What is the bible by Rob Bell (2/5)
20. The case for faith by Lee Strobel (5/5)
21. The case for christ by Lee Strobel (4/5)
22. I dont have enough faith to be an athiest by Norman Geisler and Frank Turek (4/5)

uh-oh
05-09-2018, 02:23 PM
Hey bags read black rednecks and white liberals by thomas sowell and tell me if i should

Ghost1
05-09-2018, 02:24 PM
is that a real book lol

Ghost1
05-09-2018, 02:32 PM
I have some other conservative book sitting on my phone that I haven't touched yet by ben Shapiro called bullies...sound like joe metts wrote the shit talm bout libs bully everyone into their views wah fucking wah....haven't had the urge to bite the bullet on that one yet lol

uh-oh
05-09-2018, 08:30 PM
i agree with a shit ton of ben shapiros views but i could never subject myself to putting his snide tiny jew narrative in my brain for the length of a book. he's good for a twitter follow, no more.

but word i've heard that thomas sowell book brought up on a couple podcasts by people but i don't like reading shit that isn't a fake entertaining story, so i figured i'd recommend it to you.

Inno
05-09-2018, 10:17 PM
How’s that why we sleep book been meaning to pick that up
Ghost1

Ghost1
05-10-2018, 06:18 AM
How’s that why we sleep book been meaning to pick that up
Ghost1

Straight fire. I make it anpoint to sleep 7-8hrs a night solely because of that book and I feel phenomenal.

Ghost1
05-10-2018, 06:19 AM
i agree with a shit ton of ben shapiros views but i could never subject myself to putting his snide tiny jew narrative in my brain for the length of a book. he's good for a twitter follow, no more.

but word i've heard that thomas sowell book brought up on a couple podcasts by people but i don't like reading shit that isn't a fake entertaining story, so i figured i'd recommend it to you.

Might peep I'll let u know

I have some other Trump is the devil books I may peep first tho lol

uh-oh
05-10-2018, 06:22 AM
word, also its a book by an old black dude from 2005. not trump related, i don't even know if he's a conservative i only know its an old black dude from googling to find the correct title of the book lol

Amen
05-11-2018, 11:12 AM
Legit question. I always wondered.

How many different versions of the Christian bible exist?

Always thought only 2 - King James and New King James version.

But there are tons of different translations, right?

Inno
05-11-2018, 11:37 AM
I’ve literally never heard that. Always thought there was only 2

Ghost1
05-11-2018, 11:45 AM
lol wat? theres like 50 different English translations and over 500 translations in total

its the most printed and translated book ever known to man.

uh-oh
05-11-2018, 11:53 AM
I still want to do the pauper james version where i translate it for modern man

The problem is id be doing a translation of a translation which is a no no

Ghost1
05-11-2018, 12:33 PM
I still want to do the pauper james version where i translate it for modern man

The problem is id be doing a translation of a translation which is a no no

Yea plus ud have to read it

Inno
05-11-2018, 12:34 PM
lol wat? theres like 50 different English translations and over 500 translations in total

its the most printed and translated book ever known to man.

Word man that’s how far away I stay from religion

Edit:

How funny the “truth” has so many Versions

Ghost1
05-11-2018, 12:38 PM
They're not versions u piece of shit they all say the same thing don't upset me today inno DO NOT

Amen
05-11-2018, 12:51 PM
Thought so.

Just wanted to confirm. People often get translations confused with versions.

Inno
05-11-2018, 12:53 PM
Loll U right u right

Inno
05-24-2018, 07:30 PM
What’s good people

Ghost1
05-25-2018, 09:26 AM
18. The Vanishing American Adult: Our Coming-of-Age Crisis--and How to (5/5)Rebuild a Culture of Self-Reliance by Ben Sasse
22. I dont have enough faith to be an athiest by Norman Geisler and Frank Turek (4/5)
23. Trumpocracy by David Frum (3/5)
24. Mere christianity by C.S. Lewis (4/5)

trumpocracy was ok not really anything you wouldn't have known from keeping up w the election and his first year in office, some good insights as to how Trump won his campaign based off of manipulating the hatred in men as opposed to actually having appealing policy goals....and then goes into detail on how he basically reneged on all of his campaign promises and acts like a mongrel in foreign affair relations as well as thru social media promoting stupidity and impulsiveness as a means to an end.....that end realistically only being to stuff his pockets at the exchange for our entire democratic systems stability lol. Also enjoyed the sections about his totalitarian approach to the media highlighting Megyn Kelly being forced out of fox news for questioning trump in a manner he didn't appreciate to replace him with tucker who would eat dog shit out of trumps mouth literally if tasked. the book was written by a conservative that was Bushes speech writer which I also found to be interesting that it isn't just some angry liberal trying to tear down the right blindly.

as far as Mere Christianity I thought this was amazing. his arguments for absolute moral law and also against the concept of duality were phenomenal. blew me away. the back half of the book was ok....I thought Augustine dealt with time far better and in much greater detail but some of his insights on eternity were very cool.

just about finished with Jordan petersons 2017 biblical phsychology lectures, really really loving these.

Aero
05-25-2018, 11:08 AM
Good thread.

uh-oh
05-25-2018, 04:31 PM
trumpocracy was ok not really anything you wouldn't have known from keeping up w the election and his first year in office, some good insights as to how Trump won his campaign based off of manipulating the hatred in men as opposed to actually having appealing policy goals....and then goes into detail on how he basically reneged on all of his campaign promises and acts like a mongrel in foreign affair relations as well as thru social media promoting stupidity and impulsiveness as a means to an end.....that end realistically only being to stuff his pockets at the exchange for our entire democratic systems stability lol. Also enjoyed the sections about his totalitarian approach to the media highlighting Megyn Kelly being forced out of fox news for questioning trump in a manner he didn't appreciate to replace him with tucker who would eat dog shit out of trumps mouth literally if tasked. the book was written by a conservative that was Bushes speech writer which I also found to be interesting that it isn't just some angry liberal trying to tear down the right blindly.

first bolded part, nonsense. his policy goals and brashness got him elected, not a deep hidden hatred in the hearts of men. second bolded part is more nonsense, unless you want to put into specifics what he reneged on? also this book was just published in january which means he submitted it probably at the latest in like august of 2017. but by all metrics he's stood by more campaign promises than anyone up to this point of his presidency, and its even been used against him in the sense of "how dare he do this just to fulfill a campaign promise" narrative

also the third bolded part tells the whole story, the guy is embedded in the right and with the bushes which is GOP through and through. trump is the outsider that bodied them. made jeb look like a soft doof. destroyed the republican party and now they have to pretend to be on his side since he is getting some things done for him.

but im not trying to spark a political discussion in here as much as point out that this guy is far from unbiased, so to look at it like its a narrative from a guy on the right, as if he doesn't have vested interests in "nevertrumping" is disingenuous. plus he's a canada cuck fag lmao

Inno
05-25-2018, 05:18 PM
Lol

Ghost1
05-25-2018, 10:01 PM
I disagree on your first counter. I was exaggerating on your second....obv....but Syria and his stupid wall come to mind without even trying to think at all....and thirdly...he's a conservative is he not? Obv he has vested interest but he's still a republican is all I was really saying.

So SHUT IT fucking neanderthal

Fucking think I read books about Trump being a fagot so I can listen to u tell me he's NOT!? Well guess again u toothless bald piece of shit. Guess thee fuck AGAIN.

Amen
05-27-2018, 04:37 PM
Uh oh would suck Trump's dick if given the opportunity.

uh-oh
05-27-2018, 07:45 PM
I disagree on your first counter. I was exaggerating on your second....obv....but Syria and his stupid wall come to mind without even trying to think at all....and thirdly...he's a conservative is he not? Obv he has vested interest but he's still a republican is all I was really saying.

So SHUT IT fucking neanderthal

Fucking think I read books about Trump being a fagot so I can listen to u tell me he's NOT!? Well guess again u toothless bald piece of shit. Guess thee fuck AGAIN.
trump is a faggot but at least be accurate. like you are a faggot, but its not because you're sucking dick its because you care about picking up heavy things for no reason but to look big for other men. if i said you sucked penises i couldn't be mad at a rebuttal. but i expect nothing in return for pointing out actual faggotry.

the borderwall is still in the works, in his biggest misstep since acquiring office he signed off on that trillion dollar omnibus spending bill, allocating nearly 2 billion getting the ball rolling on the wall, that was in march, a few months after this dudes book came out, only a year into his presidency lol. last i checked we haven't invaded syria we just participated in multinational strikes on chemical facilities (allegedly), and if his opposition or any of the republicans were in his place we'd have already been in there.

so basically you disagree with an opinion and are wrong, if anyone voted out of hate it was hatred of the system itself, the majority of trumps supporters actually like his policies which the media pretended didn't exist until after he was elected and they do whatever they can to fit it to their pre-existing narrative.

GOOD DAY sir.

Ghost1
05-27-2018, 10:32 PM
He said Mexico would fund the wall. The fact we would even waste any of our money on it whatsoever is a pathetic fucking joke. Semantics with regard to Syria and u kindve made my point for me w regard to the hatred of the existing system being manipulated by Trump to Garner support.

Arguing as to precise reasons why Trump is a fagot seems kindve pointless to me tho lol

uh-oh
05-27-2018, 11:05 PM
its because the inaccuracies lend credence to his retarded fake news narratives. also just to point out he's stated if mexico doesn't outright pay for the wall they would pay in the long run through cutting foreign aid and through trade tariffs etc.

but enough of this

back to books

read black rednecks white liberals. it was published in 05 by a black dude and has nothing to do with trump but could shed some light on why trump was able to win in places he was supposed to lose.

Ghost1
05-28-2018, 11:28 AM
Eh I looked at it last time u mentioned it...I might grab it eventually

I'm not sure exactly what I want from a book about politics honestly....I scan over all the popular books that come up and none of them get my jimmie hard

I've been way more fascinated w theology lately tho maybe that's why

Amen
05-30-2018, 08:04 AM
http://blog.londolozi.com/2010/06/28/the-mapogo-males-the-deep-dark-underworld-of-the-sabi-sands/

https://www.sunsafaris.com/blog/2012/04/history-of-the-mighty-mapogo-male-lions-by-brett-thomson/

https://africageographic.com/blog/the-legend-of-the-mapogo-lions/

Have been reading a lot on the Mapogo Male Lions. Apparently most brutal 6 male loin coalition ever documented in Africa who ruled the largest area of Africa (Entire SABI SANDS) Kruegar National Park between the 6.

Looking for a good book on them, there are a few so just trying to see which ones going to deliver the better message. What grabs my attention is the personalities of each individual loin. Shit's interesting - if any of you have time check it out.

Vulgar
06-09-2018, 02:01 PM
Yeah. Male loins are brutal! I take pride in my loins.

Ghost1
06-14-2018, 02:23 PM
25. Tactics by Gregory Koukl (3/5)
26. Reasonable Faith by William Lane Craig (3/5)
27. The Collapse of Parenting by Leonard Sax (4/5)
28. The Case for Miracles by Lee Stroebel (4/5)
29. Psychological significance of biblical stories lecture series by Jordan Peterson (5/5)

currently reading dark money which is about the Koch families influence on American politics & the case for a creator which is a book about cosmology and intelligent design

Inno
06-14-2018, 03:47 PM
Man I’m still on the same book. Haven’t no time to read

Ghost1
06-14-2018, 04:04 PM
im back like 3 pages an still haven't seen it....lol what book r u reading?

Cred
06-14-2018, 04:06 PM
That’s dope af Ghost1 u a real life legend fr.

I just got done reading Who Moved My Cheese? And re reading Think And Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill.

The Case for Faith might jus be my next one.

Inno
06-14-2018, 04:42 PM
im back like 3 pages an still haven't seen it....lol what book r u reading?

Second book to eragon. That shit 77726362 pages yo.

I think I bit off to much, but I will finish this book becuase I srsly want to read that how we sleep book. I’m deeply interested as I don’t sleep very well, and dreams really fascinate me, as far as how it all works and shit.

Ghost1
06-14-2018, 05:20 PM
That’s dope af Ghost1 u a real life legend fr.

I just got done reading Who Moved My Cheese? And re reading Think And Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill.

The Case for Faith might jus be my next one.

haha u the legend my guy.

case for faith is probably in my top5 of the year. think and grow rich is timeless.....I don't think I read who moved my cheese tho>? hows that?

Amen
06-14-2018, 06:52 PM
Man I’m still on the same book. Haven’t no time to read

Audio books, bro.

Audio.

Time saver. Can listen whenever. I typically listen on the drive too and from work and while in the morning routine getting ready for work.

You can listen whenver, throw head phones on and you're good.

Inno
06-14-2018, 07:08 PM
I tried that shit but it felt like cheating lol

Amen
06-14-2018, 07:36 PM
So did I at first but if it wasn't for audio books, I'd never have the time to read man.

Ask Bags how many hard copies he reads lol.

KempoMRK
06-18-2018, 04:43 PM
1. The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life by Mark Manson
2/5
Not bad, felt matter of fact for anyone who's read anything on anything like this.

2. The Professional by W.C. Heinz
4/5
Really good. Minimalistic impactful writing with a simple plot, a lot of insight and a great ending.

3. Hell's Angels: A Strange and Terrible Saga by Hunter S. Thompson
3/5
An interesting read, a good look into something I knew nothing about.

4. Last of the Breed by Louis L'Amour
2/5
A book I should have liked because of the manly nature of it, but the pacing lost me.

5. Gates of Fire: An Epic Novel of the Battle of Thermopylae by Steven Pressfield
3/5
This was another book where the pacing was off, but some of the passages in the book were phenomenal and made up for it.

6. The Shining by Stephen King
3/5
I'd never got round to reading this even though I liked the film, and it was enjoyable. Apart from The Stand, nothing from King really blows me away, he's just a good, functional writer.

7. The Mixer: The Story of Premier League Tactics, from Route One to False Nines by Michael Cox
4/5
A book on the evolution of tactics in the English Premier League. A really enjoyable read for anyone who's into that.

8. The Obesity Code: Unlocking the Secrets of Weight Loss by Jason Fung
4/5
The most understandable book on weight loss I've ever read. I never understood why people who wanted to lose weight claimed they ate less but didn't lose weight, and now I get it. Should be mandatory reading for anyone who's attempting to lose weight.

9. Disclosure by Michael Crichton
3/5
Fast paced thriller that kept me reading. Good plot.

10. Women by Charles Bukowski
3/5
Bukowski is so easy to read. There are other novels of his I've preferred but I haven't read one yet that I haven't enjoyed.

Currently reading A Hero of Our Time by Mikhail Lermontov. Enjoyable so far. Still trying to find a book that blows me away. The last book I rated 5/5 was Titan: The Life of John D. Rockefeller, Sr., and I read that in 2016.

Ghost1
06-20-2018, 11:17 AM
you liked the stand better than IT?

also did you peep 11/22/63 by king?

agree on that mark manson book....thought that shit was meh....great title....weak content

im currently reading requiem for the American dream by noam Chomsky....def a 5/5 for me so far....talks about the huge concentration of wealth amongst the elite minority in America and the causes that contribute/d to it.

Inno
06-20-2018, 12:14 PM

agree on that mark manson book....thought that shit was meh....great title....weak content

im currently reading requiem for the American dream by noam Chomsky....def a 5/5 for me so far....talks about the huge concentration of wealth amongst the elite minority in America and the causes that contribute/d to it.

Just got 11/22/63 excited to run through it.

Ghost1
06-20-2018, 12:40 PM
Nice! I thought that shit was fire

Amen
06-20-2018, 01:33 PM
Just got 11/22/63 excited to run through it.

Book is dope. Apparently there's a Netflix series on it? Or coming? I have to look in to that.

Inno
06-20-2018, 01:53 PM
Yeah staring James Franco, shit was deep so I decided to cop the book when I found it.

This was pre rape Franco

KempoMRK
06-20-2018, 04:06 PM

Yeah, I read IT recently actually, and thought it was meandering and overly long, I wasn't a big fan. I read The Stand about 8 years ago and loved it, curious if I'd have the same reaction now. I'll have to check out 11/22/63, I like the concept of it.

I saw that you gave Why We Sleep 5/5, I've been meaning to read that. Does it discuss sleeping enough but waking up and not feeling refreshed? I can easily sleep 8-9 hours and wake up feeling like I've slept 5, haha, it sucks.

Ghost1
06-29-2018, 10:29 AM
lol yea man it does actually. honestly after reading that book I don't EVER get less than 7-8 hrs sleep and the difference in every aspect of my life has been huge

Ghost1
06-29-2018, 10:36 AM
29. Psychological significance of biblical stories lecture series by Jordan Peterson (5/5)
30. Requiem for the American dream- Noam Chomsky (5/5)
31. The war of art by Steven Pressfield (5/5)

still working on, dark money, the case for a creator, hopes and prospects, hold onto your children, antifragile and some other Chomsky book about neoliberalism

Ghost1
06-29-2018, 10:37 AM
an word that was actually my issue with the stand like....damn shut up get to the point....but I did read the uncut version which was like 1400 pages smh

Amen
06-29-2018, 10:46 AM
Have you read the case for a creator?

I liked it. I'm actually on the case for christ now.

Ghost1
06-29-2018, 12:52 PM
I'm half way thru. I've read a bunch of other scientific studies about cosmology and teliological representation in life so it's kindve boring but I like that writer alot.

Stephen Meier has alot of good intelligent design books too

Amen
06-29-2018, 01:24 PM
Darwins Doubt the only one I've listened too.

I'd like to listen to exploring evolution.

Witty
06-29-2018, 05:59 PM
lol yea man it does actually. honestly after reading that book I don't EVER get less than 7-8 hrs sleep and the difference in every aspect of my life has been huge

7 hours is optimal judging from the research I have done.

I sleep exactly 7 hours every night. Though I rely on medication to help me do so, as my brain is incapable of switching off. I have slept maybe 5 nights without the use of medication or alcohol or drugs (when I still did drugs) in over 10 years.

veritas
06-29-2018, 08:44 PM
Darwin’s doubt is dope tbh

Ghost1
06-29-2018, 09:13 PM
7 hours is optimal judging from the research I have done.

I sleep exactly 7 hours every night. Though I rely on medication to help me do so, as my brain is incapable of switching off. I have slept maybe 5 nights without the use of medication or alcohol or drugs (when I still did drugs) in over 10 years.

Well the research that this guy did for 30 yrs for his entire career says 8 U FUCKIN MONKEY BRAINED RODENT

Witty
06-30-2018, 05:25 PM
Well the research that this guy did for 30 yrs for his entire career says 8 U FUCKIN MONKEY BRAINED RODENT

Listen you little cum stained son of a biscuit seller, I have read many studies, some of which said 8, but most of which said 7, in many if not most the author of said study also dedicated his life to it...so I split the difference and decided on 7. So talk back to me again I promise I will slap you til your lips look like they've been lifting too.

Ghost1
07-20-2018, 05:06 PM
30. Requiem for the American dream- Noam Chomsky (5/5)
31. The war of art by Steven Pressfield (5/5)
32. Antifragile: Things That Gain From Disorder by Nassim Nicholas Taleb (4/5)
33. Synchronicity: An Acausal Connecting Principle by C.G. Jung (5/5)
34. Slavery by Another Name: The Re-Enslavement of Black Americans from the Civil War to World War II by Douglas A. Blackmon (5/5)

antifragile was crazy....the concept is basically that there isn't an accurate term for an antonym of fragile....strong isn't accurate essentially because something that is antifragile (for lack of an actual term) is something that gains strength continually......like the hydra......chop one head off two more grow.... the greek mythological creature the phoenix....when it dies another is born from the ashes of its predecessor etc.......so the entire book goes into examples in the real world such as our immune systems adaptability to illnesses......im typing this and realizing I cant even summarize the full scope of this book......maybe by saying the thing to take away most is that exposure is greater than knowledge. ull have to read it to get a better idea of that but word I loved this one.

synchronicity blew me away... so...he looks at some previous ESP experiments and then conducts his own experience using astrology as a mathematical indicator for the accuracy of predictions made with regard to astrology.........the reason for looking at both of these is to attempt to understand the phenomenon of coincidences or extremely rare events tied to the physical world and the human mind....the examples he gives of things people predict in dreams and then have occur in real life are flooring...acausal events is what he dubs them.....eventually he determines that these acausal events are outside of time and space and therefore are originated from whatever the galaxy was..........this is open to interpretation but he goes into a religious perspective which I thought was amazing even in his perception of eastern philosophy back to the western ideologies of Christianity in the mind and body becoming one during an acausal moment that could be said to take us outside of time and space and reality as we know it. its helpful if ur familiar with his work on archetypes but not required. the chapter describing the astrological experiment was almost impossible to understand but the following philosophical explanation makes it worth it.

last one was the slavery book.....loved this....basically explains how slavery didn't end after the civil war with Lincoln abolishing slavery and how as a replacement for slavery black people were just charged with bullshit charges like talking to whites or train hopping ....just simple shit....so that when they were taken to court they would have to pay fines but since they couldn't pay fines they would have their fines paid for by the steel mill, cotton farm, tobacco plantation, coal mine owners etc and put them into labor.....where they basically still treated them like slaves in disgusting inhuman ways. then it goes on to explain that with the 13th amendment as criminals they would lose their right to vote so eventually white people began passing more and more laws into action that further took advantage of the blacks with regards to their freedom, education and political capabilities as so called citizens......the most astonishing thing I took away I think was that we never even ended slavery until one, buying and trading slaves became economically negative when machines of the industrial age started taking the place of labor workers and two after ww2 and china tried to recruit the blacks by saying yo....black people America hates u come bang it out w us....this is when America finally said whoa we need to end slavery fr fr....and it was fucking 1950 by this time.....a century after we were taught in school that Lincoln freed the slaves. smh. fire book.

uh-oh
07-20-2018, 07:20 PM
ok, now read

thomas sowell - black rednecks and white liberals

if you want to hear a black dude who had already graduated magna cum laude from harvard, had a masters from columbia and later a doctorate from the university of chicago before douglas blackmon was even in kindergarten, let alone learning about how bad people like thomas sowell had it.

or just read game of thrones

YOUR CHOICE

Ghost1
07-20-2018, 07:49 PM
I downloaded a bunch of that black faggots books too don't worry

I'm not sure if I got that one....but I think I got what's the matter w Kansas which is basically the same book by a different author...blah blah middle class ready for their come uppance and the dirt people stole it from em w the power of liberal Democrat socialist satanism....etc.

Will report back

uh-oh
07-20-2018, 07:55 PM
black rednecks and white liberals deals more with the slavery issue, almost specifically with what you are talking about that other dudes book was.

but its also a collection of different essays im just saying it addressed that specific topic, pretty thoroughly, from a guy who did 25 years of research and has 800+ sources referenced

Ghost1
07-20-2018, 07:59 PM
So I do have it....and like 8 other books mostly about the economy....other one that talks about race is the politics of economy on race

Ghost1
07-20-2018, 08:00 PM
I know man ur excited about it

U know u could e read it by now right? Lol

uh-oh
07-20-2018, 08:14 PM
im like halfway into it

these books bore me man i don't know how you do it. i also actually read them though. stuff i listen to doesn't stick with me the same, mainly because i listen to stuff while im doing other shit, so i stick to just comedy podcasts and radio for that to be amused doing BUSY WORK

but since i first was hearing about him i was watching a bunch of youtube video interviews and shit. watching him body people over the past 50 years and spouting the same shit that is exactly relevant today, that people continue to ignore.

but im also biased because he's a free market economist, but add that into the fact he dissects the liberal ideologies i despise and i get a boner yahmsayin

Ghost1
07-20-2018, 08:25 PM
Obv...lol

But um that entire list isn't audio at all.....maybe like 2/3 but yea I can only do it when I'm doing mindless shit at work.....if I have to think at all I lose my place in the book

My mind wanders when I read a physical book too tho

It takes me longer to read physical only just cuz I don't have 40hrs a week to just sit in front of a book like I can w the audio

I do read at night tho and on the weekends

As far as shit being boring I guess it depends what ur reading or who ur reading......that blackmon book got boring towards the end because I only really needed like one anecdote of poor soave conditions an he has like 50....plus alot of times it feels like the book is done within the first hundred pages then they just explain it to death so I feel u

Politics is something I'm like moderately interested in...... theology is more exciting to me but even that shit gets tiresome back to back so I just try to mix it up....I haven't actually read fiction in forever tho...can't get in the mood to just read a fuckin story like fuck u I wanna read some story shit some fagot made up NAH I'm gucci

Vulgar
07-20-2018, 11:05 PM
I had to read two books for work. I help organize web content and post it on a website.

The book: Rewriting Network News: Wordwatching Tips from 345 TV and Radio Scripts by Mervin Block. "Merv Block collects 345 network scripts that feature problems in grammar, news judgment, broadcast style, and storytelling, not to spotlight sinners, but sins that can be remedied."

It was fairly boring but there are some gems about writing better and more concisely from someone who is used to writing for the public's eyes and ears. He critiques each script and offers suggestions on how to improve it and also has commandments everyone should obey -- useful for the real world. He jokes a lot and uses puns/wordplay which a Netcee'er might get a kick out of. It was OK but not for recreational reading.

Ghost1
07-21-2018, 01:27 PM
Didn't u say u read shock doctrine recently? How was that?

An uh oh lol this guy's cool........seems like a pretty complex route to take to arrive at the idea that blacks are stupid, lazy, violent animals that had these learned tendencies exacerbated by the welfare state...........but I'm digging the book so far....I was aware that this is basically the rights position on welfare but it's cool to hear him go into it w so much detail

I think my guy Noam Chomsky might body him but noams more focused on foreign policy

I saw he actually called Noam out in his book about intellectuals saying that he should just stay in his lane w respect to his work on linguistics and stfu about politics lol I guess Noam ain't want that smoke.

Ghost1
07-23-2018, 06:24 PM
Lol how far r u thru this book uh oh? I'm like halfway thru

Basically he has said.....southern blacks are ghetto scumbags and the welfare state perpetuated it and that western Civilization was responsible for ending slavery and did so on a moral basis...... Which ok he offers compelling argument for this....but he doesn't address the rampant forced labor that continued post civil war aside from saying get over it slavery existed every where

I mean cool I guess.... I didn't really need to read this incredibly dry 400pg book to hear an Uncle Tom say the same shit that Kanye west said in 11min during a bipolar manic episode LMAO

He goes into good detail about slavery but only to say that black american slaves should STFU cuz they're not unique lol

I enjoyed his argument against the welfare state more but even that is just him philosophizing on past socioeconomic data and drawing conclusions to fit his narrative..... It's good tho....like I said this section was interesting

I'm gonna finish it in the next couple days I guess I'm just blown away that these r really the right wings legitimate positions tho........ Blacks r pieces of shit because they worship ghetto culture and we don't give a fuck that u were slaves....so was everyone else lmao.

uh-oh
07-23-2018, 06:48 PM
he isn't a part of the right wing. at least he doesn't label himself a republican outright, he's mainly libertarian but even that he doesn't agree with 100 percent. he was super marxist/left leaning in his youth but changed after getting a government job and realizing how inept it was and through actual life experience

but all that is beside the point

you are reading this how i read the ta neheesi coates or whatever that faggots name is book though. you want to disagree and vilify his arguments, because i got none of what you got from it and i'm around halfway in but barely reading it. like its been a span of over a month for me to get halfway into it lol

but what i was getting from it is how the north viewed southerners in general, and how whites weren't assigned the southern culture in the way black southerners were. like white people would be looked down upon as backwards and uncivil by northern standards, and thus have to adapt and change to be accepted by the northern/leftist culture, where those same northerners would make excuses for and assign that culture to black people. its basically the northerners racism, viewing blacks from the south in a negative light and treating them different from whites in the south, which allowed that culture, which isn't the culture of actual black people to propagate in the communities of blacks that would settle up north, further distancing them from that northern white "civilized" culture or whatever.

then when you look at it with all the shit thats gone on its been further reinforced through social policies from both sides, whether it was outright racist like zoning laws enforcing where they could live in inner cities, to racist shit that is supposed to help them like minimum wage and the welfare state etc. it all plays a part

its an enormously complex issue and this is just one aspect of it

but word its not his narrative as much as THE narrative.

its not the rights position that blacks are pieces of shit and worship ghetto culture that is being put across, its that that is literally the LEFTS position. blacks are incapable of helping themselves, slavery ruined them, they need preferential treatment etc, basically enforcing the narrative of victimhood, which is racist and holds them back.

Ghost1
07-23-2018, 08:46 PM
Right....that entire long portion u wrote out about north vs south is the part I enjoyed....but it can be summed up as southern blacks worshipped redneck European culture and it evolved into black american ghetto culture

And word....this isn't my first time encountering the idea that welfare doesn't help them because they get comfortable with not having to do shit

I get what he's saying....we reading the same book lol

I agree tho it's incredibly complex ....I guess I feel like he's taking a pretty hard polar stance here.....and it's more likely somewhere in the middle

Like I said tho I dig it...I needed a more intelligent right wing perspective.........even if he is libertarian I know republicans agree w his stance on the topics he's discussed so far

Ghost1
07-23-2018, 08:51 PM
Oh an to ur last comment...... both sides think they're helpless pieces of shit......now we're just trying to determine how to help them....giving them help or telling them to help themselves

Just settle down u fuckin ape

I GET IT

Gimme some more conservative books tho ?