PDA

View Full Version : WBL Mag - 4th of February 2007

KempoMRK
01-25-2018, 02:04 PM
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r273/BBoysWBL/WBL.jpg

Intro

Whaddup. Real strange week this week. So many no-shows yet strangely we’ve got exactly the same amount of heads in the league this week as last week. And I booted 2 people. So the interest in this league is pretty big at the moment. We’ve got a lot of nice heads, some cool battles going down and the voting was pretty good last week. A few people got deducted votes for not voting, but apart from that it was fine. Fracture signed out after User no-showed him, so we’ve got a guaranteed new champ next week. That battle will be between ouch and Mercules, so it should be a pretty good one. Ouch edited his verse after votes were posted so he got –5 votes deducted last week, but he still managed to win by a large margin. AND he didn’t vote. So he pretty much swept his battle. Merc did the same and won 3-0, Corey said he dropped fire. I ain’t read his verse yet, so I’ll see in the battle reviews. A few cool new sign in’s this week, mostly ex-LBL heads. DaTrusHurtz, N.Tavarez and Te Ora. All 3 are nice so we’ll see what they can do in this league with tougher competition.

Mag Battler of the Month Winner for January

This has been wrapped up and the winner is…Fracture! Props to him, he dropped some dope stuff in January and he gets that automatic contendership shot whenever he signs in next. Here’s the final rankings:

Fracture – 127 Points
Resin M-I-C – 65 Points
Username - 59 Points
Roger Glocks - 20 Points
G – 13 Points
Troublesome – 12 Points
Meta Syn - 10 Points
HotDogVendorMan - 8 Points
John Hensley – 8 Points
Ex-Kal – 7 Points
Phryme – 7 Points
Molneef – 6 Points
F5TH Dawg – 5 Points
Urban Legend – 4 Points
Axel Foley – 3 Points
ouch – 2 Points
Richard Corey – 2 Points
Famine - 1 Point
ILL Fated – 1 Point
Sonny Dimez – 1 Point

The mag battler of the month for February will start next week, so that’s why it isn’t in the mag this week if you’re wondering.

Ruthless Time!

Peeps seem to think I’m biased cos I’m nice, which is well, not correct. If I can find a way to be kind to someone then I will be, but peeps are taking that as being biased, so IT’S TIME FOR SOME RUTHLESSNESS. Here’s what’s gonna be different in this league from now on:

If you check in and don't post a verse, you lose.
If you don't ask for an extension before time, you don't get one.
If you don't vote, you get however many votes deducted no questions asked.
You can't vote on more battles to overturn previous losses due to voting.
If you edit your verse when your not meant to then your DQ'ed.
No extensions over 24 hours.
If you drop a wack verse in the league, I will tell you in the mag. You can fuck off if you think I'm gonna pretend you dropped ok just because some other people thought so. If I think your verse was shit, then I'll tell ya. I did this anyway, but just to reiterate.
If I have to drop a tie-breaking vote then don’t bitch. I’ve voted fairly and how I saw it, so it’s pointless moaning about it.

That’s about it. Stick to the rules and you’ll be fine.

Battler Power Rankings – Scrapped

Not enough people were dropping in this, even though after I put up a poll it turned out that the majority wanted them to continue. But yeah, your fault that they’re no longer happening. Props to HDVM and F5TH Dawg for dropping them every week.

John Hensley

Well, dude’s gone AWOL. I haven’t seen him on AIM for about 2 or 3 weeks. He usually does this so he’ll be back soon I’m pretty certain. So the mags up until he comes back will be allllll me baby. I know you love it J-Nyce ;)

Battle Reviews

WBL Championship Match: 1. Fracture (5-0) vs 2. Username (5-1)

Fracture won via no-show. User told me for certain that he was showing as well. He said on AIM to deduct him however many votes I liked but as long as I kept the thread open he didn’t care, so I hit him up a few times and he said he was dropping in an hour. Then he disappeared off AIM and didn’t drop anything. Reading Fracture’s verse though, I’m not surprised. Hoooly shit dude dropped dope. He dropped so many dope fat jokes it was unreal, dope verse overall. It’s a real shame User no-showed cos this coulda been HOF quality. Fracture signed out which is pretty shitty, seems like he’s got back to his best. Ah well, he won mag battler of the month so he can sign into the contendership match when ever he wants to come back.

WBL Contendership Match: 3. Urban Legend (4-0) vs 4. ouch (3-0)

Some shiesty shit went down in this. Ouch dropped his verse, Urban Legend dropped his verse. A few votes came in and then ouch edited his verse. A couple of people claimed that ouch bit a line from some comedian women, but that was also the bar he edited out, so I’m not sure about that. I said in the rules that if you post second you can’t edit your verse after votes have been dropped, but I didn’t say what for. So I just deducted 5 votes from ouch and changed the rule to a DQ as of this week. Ouch said that he edited cos he dropped too many lines though, so I guess that’s fair enough. Anyway. This got so many votes it wasn’t eve funny. When you see a battle that is this onesided and has a huge amount of votes on it, VOTE ON SOMETHING ELSE! It’s like peeps don’t wanna cause conflict or something, so they just vote on a battle that’s a sure thing. Don’t do that, look about for battles that are close or have less amount of votes. Urban’s verse was very repetitive. His whole verse had the “you do this…cos you do that” type punches. And it was just real bland and boring. Most of it was pretty played as well. Ouch didn’t drop great, seems like he’s pretty rusty. He didn’t drop anything tight until the last 3 bars, when he dropped a nice prom date bar and a cool silencer bar. Cept that I wasn’t feeling anything, and the buttaface line I’ve seen before. He’ll have to step it up to win the title next week. Ouch won this 12-0, but he had 5 votes deducted for editing and 4 votes deducted for voting and he STILL WON. Dayum.

5. Mercules (5-1) vs 6. Sound (4-1)

Hmm. Merc dropped an alright verse, but it just had too many clichés for me to like it. Most of his verse were clichés, and while I felt the safety in numbers one, it was just overkill. That was the only bar I felt in his verse also. Sound dropped a dope head or tail bar that was nice, so if it came down to it I’d of had Sound taking this just for that punchline. But people liked Merc’s verse more so he took this.

7. Defcon_5 (4-1) vs 8. Troublesome (4-1)

I didn't think Def dropped a great verse. Until the closer there wasn't really a bar that made me think "ah nice", the closer I was feeling though. Clever bar and it hit nicely, I was feeling it. Troublesome came better to me. His two quotables were nice. Never seen the archive wordplay or the disgust wordplay surprisingly. The fortitude bar was a bit forced, but that was also pretty creative. I was feeling Troublesome more here, so he gets this. I had to drop a tie breaking vote, I'd have liked for this battle to get definitive votes but I had to do it that way.

9. Roger Glocks (5-1) vs 10. Adolf Oliverclose (4-2)

Other people were feeling this battle but I didn’t like it at all. In fact, I didn’t like 1 line in the whole battle. Usually Glocks drops at least 2 top punch worthy bars but I wasn’t feeling anything from his verse this week. Adolf didn’t drop anything really nice either. If I had to vote on this I wouldn’t really know who to vote for. But people were feeling Glocks more here so he got it.

11. Ex-Kal (5-1) vs 12. Sonny Dimez (3-1)

Kal took this pretty easy. Seemed like Sonny really rushed his verse as he had some decent concepts in it, but the wording was sloppy as hell. Kal dropped a cool cloud cover bar that I was feeling, his verse wasn’t great cept for that though. Sonny just had nothing. Kal won.

13. G (2-0) vs 14. Resin M-I-C (2-0)

This was a tight battle. Resin dropped and his verse was dope, I had it at 5 really nice punchlines. The kama sutra bar was dope, worded perfectly and it hit nice. Stem bar was good, dream speech was nice, dynamite look was tight and the nugget bar was funny as well. Nice verse overall. And G actually came pretty close to beating it. The altar boy bar was hilarious, if he coulda put in something about pedo’s then it woulda been even tighter, but it was nice as it was. The long shot bar hit hard and the bedridden bar was funny as well. The rest of his verse was quite average, but he had some other decent bars. He didn’t drop enough to beat Resin though and Resin took it 3-2, it woulda been 4-2 but he only voted on 3 battles. G signed out though which is gay, I hope he comes back soon.

15. Richard Corey (2-0) vs 16. HotDogVendorMan (4-1)

Daayum, this was disappointing. HDVM dropped and I was honestly feeling nothing in his verse, none of it seemed creative to me and it just didn’t hit really. So yeah, I didn’t like his verse but you can always rely on Corey for a nice verse, right? Right? Well, no not in this case. This old school style that he’s going back to almost fucked up on him and he very nearly caught the loss. His verse was poor except a plotline bar that I really liked. For me, it came down to that one line that got Corey the battle. It was real close though. It was 2-2 at the end but HDVM didn’t vote, so Corey got the win.

17. KnowRemedy (2-1) vs 18. Mike V (4-2)

Mike V won via no-show.

19. Nick James (1-1) vs 20. Phil Benjamin (1-1)

Eh battle. Nick dropped first and he came pretty weak cept for 1 bar. The overnighter bar, that was funny as hell. I really liked that bar, if he dropped more of that he’d be a nice battler. But he didn’t drop anything else worth noting. I wasn’t feeling anything in Phil’s verse, he just came really bland to me. Usually he drops a few creative bars, but this week I wasn’t feeling anything. The voters disagreed however, and Phil picked up the win.

21. F5TH Dawg (1-0) vs 22. Axel Foley (1-0)

Good battle here. Both came consistent. F5TH dropped and his verse was pretty nice, some of his stuff was plain but he had some cool bars. The figure skate line made me laugh, it was funny and creative. And I was feeling the corrections bar, that was really tight. Axel dropped a lot better than last week, I was liking his verse this week and if he’d of dropped one more tight bar I think he coulda got this. The pass it up bar was really creative, that was a tight line. And I was feeling the kill the hype bar also. So yeah, decent verse overall but he also had some plain shit. F5TH was a bit more consistent though so he took this.

23. Phryme (1-0) vs 24. Alamo (1-0)

Reasonable battle. Both had a couple of cool punches. Alamo dropped first and his verse was ok. It was just pretty average throughout though. He had a phryme numbers bar that was creative and hit nicely, I was feeling that. Phryme ribs bar was decent but played. Average verse overall. Phryme dropped better, he started off slow but then he dropped a cutlass bar that was cool. And the delta bar I was really feeling, worded nicely and it hit hard. Phryme just dropped a better verse and he got this.

25. Spart (1-0) vs 26. Prosecutor (1-0)

Prosecutor won via no-show.

27. Mr. Q (1-0) vs 28. J-Nyce (3-2)

Weeak. Mr Q dropped poor, his whole verse was pretty shitty. He had a nervous breakdown bar that was ok, but cept that I wasn’t feeling anything. Same deal with J-Nyce, he dropped a 1-1 bar that was worded cool and hit, but it was pretty played. Sleepin on ice was the same. If J-Nyce dropped fresher concepts he could be pretty good, but he doesn’t seem to grasp the concept of being played. J-Nyce came better and won.

29. Untold (2-1) vs 30. Nick Fletcher (2-2)

Untold no-showed and Nick wouldn’t give him the extension.

31. Mark Blaze (1-1) vs 32. headless verseman (1-1)

Damn this sucked. Headless thought Mark was no-showing so he dropped a no-show verse and said no-extensions, but headless also dropped a minute after the deadline, so it invalidated his ability to be able to not give an extension. Blaze dropped later on and his verse was terrible, he musta typed it up in like 30 seconds which I’m sure he said he did. Headless was just better though and he got it.

33. ILL Fated (1-1) vs 34. Molneef (1-1)

Molneef won via no-show.

35. Nom Deplume (2-4) vs 36. Rhymeageddon (0-2)

Rhymeageddon won via no-show.

37. $pitacular (0-1) vs 38. Hype (0-1)

$pitacular won via no-show.

39. Kapernikus (0-1) vs 40. OneShot (0-0)

Kapernikus won via no-show.

41. Intricate (1-1) vs 42. Type Tyson (0-1)

Intricate won via no-show.

43. kungfugrip (0-0) vs 44. RCG Tiburon (0-0)

kungfugrip won via no-show.

45. Vaskez (0-0) vs 46. D.C Writer (0-0)

Pretty weak battle. Vaskez dropped first and his verse was very inconsistent. He dropped a nice DC comics nameplay that was tight, and a DC++ nameplay that coulda been dope but was worded terribly. The rest of his verse was poor. DC had a Vask, ez bar that was cool, but I’m pretty sure it’ll be played. The rest of his verse was weak. Vaskez just dropped a better verse and won this pretty easily, sweeping up all of the votes and getting the win.

47. Verbalmantle (0-0) vs 48. jdeezy (0-0)

Verbalmantle won via no-show.

49. SoulesS (0-0) vs 50. Big War (0-0)

SoulesS won via no-show.

51. Genetikz (0-0) vs 52. Lampejo (0-0)

Lampejo won via no-show.

53. BISHOP (0-0) vs 54. T-Dot (0-0)

Bishop won via no-show.

Top Punches

kid I overshadow you in all aspects, whats up now brother?
cuz if this faggot is Sonny, then my verse is cloud cover

31. Ex-Kal vs Sonny Dimez

Damn, when I saw my matchup I was like "woah", got startled
I've seen DC writer's work, n now it's clear why they gettin owned by Marvel

30. Vaskez vs D.C Writer

..i’d call u a miniscule prick but the man above already did it.,
beatin off a Nugget daily.. sex life reminds me of Iverson critics

29. Resin M-I-C vs G

dont try the text to audio transition, nobody'll feel ur shit
ur CD sales will manage to Cutlass profit than Oldsmobile dealerships.

28Phryme vs Alamo

ur fans can't save u, theres no way to stop this
u're gonna be bedridden, thats if ya dick riders wanna join u in hospice

27. G vs Resin M-I-C

..face it., u aint fit enough to see this.,
u couldn’t have a dynamite look being a muslim extremist

26. Resin M-I-C vs G

you aint on my level.. i'll get this wigger ate
my skillz triple-axels, & HE'S the one that figure skates

25. F5TH Dawg vs Axel Foley

I’m a dangerous motherfucka ..cmon, thats plain common sense
but if there’s safety in numbers.. your loss column is gaining some confidence

24. Mercules vs Sound

the 9's loaded n ready to straight bomb ya click.
but you won't go out with a bang.. i put a silencer on the shit.

23. ouch vs Urban Legend

these ppl love me cause I'm sick with the style
face it, u winnin is a long shot the DC sniper would miss by a mile

22. G vs Resin M-I-C

..shiiiiiit., broads are somethin that wont rock u, bing.,
u talking to women?
ahaha that's more of a 'dream speech' than dr. kings

21. Resin M-I-C vs G

Look, a skinny black guy overcomes a fat, black bitch and stupid twat
I've never recycled nor bit...except this battle reuses to movie's plot

20 .Richard Corey vs HotDogVendorMan

you have no money man, so ur name is hilarious, but since u act rich, its weak
the only time phil pulls an overnighter is when he's draggin a fat bitch to sleep

19. Nick James vs Phil Benjamin

Als not a stat guy, but by no means am I bleak
Predicting phryme numbers this match.. 1 decent line & 0 votes this week

18. Alamo vs Phryme

He preaches he’s the new era even though hes three times my age,
Users gonna show us the big picture, when he loses.. signs out, and joins the IBA.

17. Fracture vs Username

you a gay nigga. you got a shorty that actually thinks ya sexy? hell
the bitch treat me like quarters.. askin what do i want, head or tail

16. Sound vs Mercules

…If a bitch got cum on her shirt, u know that’s fractures..
I give ya girl the kind of bare hugs the big show could do his choke slam after.

15. Fracture vs Username

in your first battle there were zero thrills… integrities meek
cuz you were quick to kill the Hype, just like you do every week

14. Axel Foley vs F5TH Dawg

1, 2 maybe 3 times a concept can re-appear, but..
You’ve been using the “ima diss myself” routine for three years slut.

13. Fracture vs Username

he's always serious. he straight up hates kids.
nigga need to learn how ta take a joke... like his prom date did.

12. ouch vs Urban Legend

Where’d ya get ya ego from? Not like u had a frac start..
Ya heads so gassed, unleaded. But im fixin to take care of the last part.

11. Fracture vs Username

^she aint kno who ur pops was., jus accept da facts.,
wherever u Stem from’d make devoted botonists quit their craft

10. Resin M-I-C vs G

Ur lines are as stretched as ya pants, fitness in the worst form,
Prevent user from being groundbreaking? Easy, keep him on the first floor.

9. Fracture vs Username

people can’t respect your name, it was never meant to be cool
they see a Dawg match…
and ‘pass it up’ faster than love notes in elementary school

8. Axel Foley vs F5TH Dawg

Fuck how much u weigh, I’m pound for pound the grittiest truth,
& haven’t lacked the strength to hold my own since me ‘n ya mom in the delivery room.

7. Fracture vs Username

your wording is terrible, thats no doubt ya queer
if ya sentences got put under Corrections; you wouldn't get out for years

6. F5TH Dawg vs Axel Foley

bitch, all ur Aaron ego did was post trash for weeks
^that was an alter, boy, that wouldn't get attention from catholic priest

5. G vs Resin M-I-C

overpowered u.. i thought u'd have some authority, shit
now i'm beginning to feel like I was Delta bitch like a sorority chick.

4. Phryme vs Alamo

While fracs been merkin since diapers, we kind of alike there..
.. Cause you been breaking legs too, since your days in high chairs.

3. Fracture vs Username

..ur a bum, a dirtbag, a loser., ima smack u in.,
he’s homeless.. Kama Sutra saw G’s spot & turned abstinent

2. Resin M-I-C vs G

Necklaces aint an option,.. this bitches necks depleted..
This fat fuck looks in the mirror and it reflects “buffering, 5% completed”

1. Fracture vs Username

Best Verse of the Week

Fracture

Ayo, all you line for line dissecting mothafuckas.. leave that shit out, im hitting dude with a VERSE not couplets.

Ayo…lets….go.

Cubs game, usual combo? Every diss you flip is bogus..
Have u ever been in the mag quoted with a line that didn’t look like ur opponent, wrote it?
1, 2 maybe 3 times a concept can re-appear, but..
You’ve been using the “ima diss myself” routine for three years slut.
While fracs been merkin since diapers, we kind of alike there..
.. Cause you been breaking legs too, since your days in high chairs.
& fat jokes aint out, jus gotta rap to harm players..
Ima give b-boys fat pointers now,.. ‘n the rest of your hand ‘n arm later.
Ur lines are as stretched as ya pants, fitness in the worst form,
Prevent user from being groundbreaking? Easy, keep him on the first floor.
Where’d ya get ya ego from? Not like u had a frac start..
Ya heads so gassed, unleaded. But im fixin to take care of the last part.
…If a bitch got cum on her shirt, u know that’s fractures..
I give ya girl the kind of bare hugs the big show could do his choke slam after.
Fuck how much u weigh, I’m pound for pound the grittiest truth,
& haven’t lacked the strength to hold my own since me ‘n ya mom in the delivery room.
Necklaces aint an option,.. this bitches necks depleted..
This fat fuck looks in the mirror and it reflects “buffering, 5% completed”
If girls date u with strings attached, show a strong endeavor,
And attach those strings to your lines..then the relationship will go on forever.
Users going to hell, even if gluttony is the only sin.
Cause we all know that H-E-double-hockey sticks eat whatever’s in front of him.
He preaches he’s the new era even though hes three times my age,
Users gonna show us the big picture, when he loses.. signs out, and joins the IBA.

gluck chubs.

Battle of the Week

Resin M-I-C vs G

Resin M-I-C

..let's go.,

Aiyyo
..afta his mom takes loads., the gang dumps her ova
she’s mouthed enuff Busts., her drool can equal a top sergeants monthly quota
^she aint kno who ur pops was., jus accept da facts.,
wherever u Stem from’d make devoted botonists quit their craft
..shiiiiiit., broads are somethin that wont rock u, bing.,
u talking to women?
ahaha that's more of a 'dream speech' than dr. kings
..fuck wat u say, jack., u gotta earn ya stripes kid.,
u been living a life of ms fortune looong before vanna white did
..merked u twice befo., i aint cheatin da figures.,
Twister owes me copyrights., my ‘left hand’s red’ from beating this nigga
..face it., u aint fit enough to see this.,
u couldn’t have a dynamite look being a muslim extremist
..get da hell outta my face ‘fore i start blastin ya team.,
fuck high-steppin., u betta off bringin da march of da whole nazi regime
..read his lines., no ones ever felt this bitch.,
skills need a highrise trump incorporated couldn’t help u with
..ur a bum, a dirtbag, a loser., ima smack u in.,
he’s homeless.. Kama Sutra saw G’s spot & turned abstinent
..u bit my steeez., now just give me homage.,
maan his style got a Loan that could put ten kids thru college
..i aint even wanna talk bout this gay & lackluster dude.,
in da urinals.. he’ll try crossing da streams worse than ghostbusters 2
..i’d call u a miniscule prick but the man above already did it.,
beatin off a Nugget daily.. sex life reminds me of Iverson critics
..seen ya current verses., please just end it man.,
watch em copy my style., now go ahead n prove u a resin fan.
EASY. Mahfucka.

vs

G

all these washed up vets, how one capture the belt?
u aiight Resin, but u'll probally fall off... and Fracture urself
ur fans can't save u, theres no way to stop this
u're gonna be bedridden, thats if ya dick riders wanna join u in hospice
these ppl love me cause I'm sick with the style
face it, u winnin is a long shot the DC sniper would miss by a mile
fuck ur writtens, u're crazy to think that we care
we chant like bowling spectators, "put the pen down, please spare"
prick, ur chick is ugly and her flesh is swollen
her stomach folds inspired strategy for no limit texas holdem
u're overrated, I'm amazed how high ya status gotten
if these kids think that u're Worthy, then I'm Magic Johnson
I got u sick with fear, it must be shitty though
^u got knots in ya stomach Diddy'll flash in his next video
u STILL Fracs shadow? u took the slow course fa'real
u need a career Boost that'd get Young Jeezy another endorsement deal
call it cock, dick, pipe... whatever, u lust for guys
faggot, u've been holdin Shaft down longer than Busta Rhymes
bitch, all ur Aaron ego did was post trash for weeks
^that was an alter, boy, that wouldn't get attention from catholic priest
he ain't reppin mississippi... I know better than that
since marriage is a 'Union' between a man a woman he raised the Confederate flag
the way women turn u down isn't preservin peace
a 'step off' like that could start a fight between black college fraternites
haha

celebrate

Resin M-I-C won.

The Boot List

Two people booted this week, and they are:

Verbalmantle
SoulesS

Check in to your BAL battle and I’m sure you will elevate with a bit of help and a bit of time.

Predictions

WBL Championship Match: 1. ouch (4-0) vs 2. Mercules (6-1)

This’ll be close. Ouch is still a bit rusty and he hasn’t been dropping his “HOLY SHIT” punchlines that he was known for yet. I haven’t been feeling Merc’s verses for the past couple of weeks, he seems to be attempting a cliché style which I don’t really like. Hmm, hard one to predict. I think ouch will take it, but only just. If he drops how he did last week he could very well be surprised here.

WBL Contendership Match: 3. Troublesome (5-1) vs 4. Roger Glocks (6-1)

I was feeling Troublesomes verse more than Glocks’s verse last week, but I dunno how it will go down this week. I’ve got a feeling that Glocks will drop nice here and get to the champ match. It could go either way though, but I’ve got Glocks winning.

5. Ex-Kal (6-1) vs 6. Resin M-I-C (3-0)

This should be a pretty decent battle but Resin has been on fire lately. He’s been dropping nice verses ever since he signed in and I don’t see him losing to Kal. Kal’s been dropping ok but not up to Resin’s level. Resin should win this.

7. Richard Corey (3-0) vs 8. Mike V (5-2)

Corey almost lost to HDVM last week due to him going back to this old style, he very nearly fucked up. I think he can probably beat Mike V with that style though, so he should be in the contendership match next week against Resin, which would make a dope battle. If Corey sleeps though he COULD, that’s only a small possibility, be surprised. But I’ve got Corey taking it.

9. Urban Legend (4-1) vs 10. Sound (4-2)

Urban dropped some pretty repetitive stuff last week, he’s sometimes nice but last week I wasn’t feeling his verse. Same deal with Sound last week as well I guess, he had a better verse though. I’ve got Sound taking this.

11. Phil Benjamin (2-1) vs 12. F5TH Dawg (2-0)

If Phil drops his best this could be a decent battle, but it don’t matter cos I see F5TH taking this. Dude came outta nowhere a couple of months back and dropped some cool stuff. He’s a nice battler no doubt. I see him making it to the contendership match within the next couple of weeks.

13. Phryme (2-0) vs 14. Prosecutor (2-0)

Prosecutor’s not great, he drops some pretty weak stuff. Phryme is nice though and if he shows up he will win this.

15. J-Nyce (4-2) vs 16. Nick Fletcher (3-1)

Nick is pretty good but he tends to be in too many leagues at once often, I don’t think that’s the case now though so he should be ok for this. When he drops his best he is a nice battler, but lately I haven’t really felt what he’s been dropping. J-Nyce needs to drop some fresher concepts and he could be a threat, but in this battle I’ve got Nick taking it.

17. headless verseman (2-1) vs 18. Molneef (2-1)

This could be a pretty good battle if both try up and show. Molneef is a decent battler, he seems to have shook the rust off now and he’ll give headless a good battle. Iono if headless is really motivated, like last week it seemed like he was looking for the no-show win. Who knows. I’m gonna say Molneef will try harder and take this.

19. $pitacular (1-1) vs 20. Kapernikus (1-1)

Kapernikus is ok, he seems rusty or something though. Spit is pretty good when he tries, but he does tend to overdo it on clichés. If Spit shows and drops decent then he should win.

21. Intricate (2-1) vs 22. kungfugrip (1-0)

Both picked up no-show wins last week. Kung is the better battler though, he’s champed leagues and tournies where as I still ain’t feeling Intricate. Kung to win.

23. Vaskez (1-0) vs 24. Lampejo (1-0)

Lampejo ain’t great, he drops pretty played and boring stuff. Vaskez seems to be shaking rust off at the moment so I don’t see him dropping amazing here. He is the better battler though so he should take it.

25. BISHOP (1-0) vs 26. Defcon_5 (4-2)

Defcon coulda been in the contendership match, but he lost out by a tie breaking vote. I dunno much about BISHOP, I’m pretty sure he’s a newb though. Def should win this easily.

27. Adolf Oliverclose (4-3) vs 28. Sonny Dimez (3-2)

Sonny just rushes too much, his verse last week was a good showing of that as his wording was really sloppy. I just think Adolf drops bland verses, there’s nothing I really like in them. He seems to disagree though and it annoys him when I say it so I won’t expand on that. Adolf should probably take this but if Sonny tries then he could take it.

29. HotDogVendorMan (4-2) vs 30. Nick James (1-2)

Nick was unlucky to lose in my opinion, as I thought he dropped better than Phil Benjamin. HDVM dropped a pretty weak verse that I really wasn’t feeling, I dunno if he just rushed or what. HDVM is the better battler though so he should take it.

31. Axel Foley (1-1) vs 32. Alamo (1-1)

I wasn’t feeling either of these battlers in their first week then they seemed to pick it up last week. They both dropped pretty cool verses so this should be a battle to watch. I thought Axel came better though so he should win.

33. Mr. Q (1-1) vs 34. Untold (2-2)

Mr Q dropped pretty whack last week and lost to J-Nyce so you know he’s gotta step it up to win this. Untold has been dropping pretty good, but he had to no-show last week. Untold is better so he should win.

35. Mark Blaze (2-1) vs 36. RCG Tiburon (0-1)

Mark dropped a rushed verse last week so he can’t be judged on it. I ain’t read anything from RCG so I dunno what he’s like. Blaze to win.

37. D.C. Writer (0-1) vs 38. N.Tavarez (0-0)

DC is gonna no-show for a reason I shall not reveal. Don’t matter either way though, Tavarez is better and he’ll win this.

39. DaTrusHurtz (0-0) vs 40. Trunks (0-0)

I matched these two up, because unbeknownst to DaTrus, TRUNKS IS SOMEONE HE’S BEEFED WITH IN THE PAST!!!!!!! Yeaa, if he works out who it is it could be pretty funny. Trunks seems to be rusty of not trying or something based on what he’s dropped and what his other 2 aliases have dropped, and DaTrus is pretty nice so I’ve got him taking it.

41. Te Ora (0-0) vs 42. pharmacist (0-0)

Te Ora’s tight, I like him. He’s got a sorta Resin style and his stuff hits nicely. When he gets some better concepts he’ll be dope as fuck. Pharmacist said something like “I’m coming for you Te Ora”, so I matched them up. If they knew each other it should be an ok battle, but I’ve got Te Ora winning.

43. Aeral (0-0) vs 44. Yung Impression (0-0)

Aeral’s pretty nice, he could be mad rusty though. Yung Impression just never seems to elevate, put more effort into your verses or something man. Aeral to win.

45. LG (0-0) vs 46. Ender (0-0)

LG’s pretty average and I dunno Ender. So by process of elimination, LG to win.

47. Drazen Petrovic (0-0) vs 48. Area51 (0-0)

I like both these dudes names. Drazen Petrovic just sounds cool as fuck though, so I’ve got him taking it.

49. Slayer (0-0) vs 50. Defmetal (0-0)

Dunno either. Seems like the headline acts for a heavy metal concert though. “SLAYER! DEFMETAL! COME TOGETHER FOR OZZFEST 2007!” I’m gonna go with Defmetal winning.

51. ScarInk (0-0) vs 52. DA DEMON (0-0)

Dunno either, Scar seems motivated though, so Scar to win.

53. oNeiRiC (0-0) vs 54. Water116 (0-0)

Dunno either. One seems retarded though, so Water to win.

Potentially Dope

Aeral – Dude elevated a lot when he was battling every week. Then he sorta disappeared and no one heard from him. But now he’s back and if he drops how he was before he left, without any rust, then he’ll do some damage in the league.

DaTrusHurtz – Champed the LBL before and he’s a solid battler. Usually goes for the personal approach, so I dunno how he’ll do in a league with a bunch of people he doesn’t know. He’s solid enough to get to the top 10 though, no doubt about that.

N.Tavarez – 2 time LBL champ, the only one actually. Dude has a nice hitting style, but the past couple of weeks he hasn’t dropped nice verses. So he’s gonna have to step it up a bit and drop how he can to hang.

Te Ora – I like this dude. I discovered from him ANOTHA and brought him to the LBL when I ran it, and he got to a couple of champ matches and dropped some cool verses. He’s elevating every week, so it’ll be interesting to see how nice he is in a month or two.

Top 10 Power Rankings

10. $pitacular – Bit of a sleeper entry here as I dunno whether or not he’s gonna show up and drop nice. He recently got beat in the IBA champ match, but he dropped a nice verse and I thought he won. When he drops his best he’s a threat in any league, but I think he may be rusty. So we’ll have to see how he does.

9. Sound – Dropped a pretty weak verse last week but he was pretty brain dead creatively apparently. I see him beating Urban this week and facing F5TH Dawg the week after, that’ll be a tough battle so it’ll show how good he actually is.

8. Ex-Kal – I just don’t see him beating Resin. Only way I see it is if Resin no-shows, and at the moment I don’t see that happening. He’ll have to really step it up to be in with a chance.

7. kungfugrip – Dude’s nice. He picked up an easy win last week so we haven’t seen any verses dropped in the WBL from him yet. But trust me, and I know a lot of you already know, he’s a good battler.

6. Phryme – Seems to be an underachiever. He no-shows a lot which doesn’t help, and he’s always asking for extensions. The new rules could fuck him up also. So who knows, if he drops tight and shows up on time he could be a future champ. If he doesn’t, then he’ll just be another potential champ who got lost.

5. F5TH Dawg – He’s been dropping tight since he’s entered this league. If he can up his consistency a bit he’ll be a real threat. As it is I see him winning this week and probably getting to the contendership match the week after.

4. Richard Corey – As I’ve said a few times already, he very nearly screwed up against HDVM. Luckily though he dropped just enough to win. He can probably beat Mike V with his old style this week, but if he’s facing Resin next week then he’s gonna get crushed. For the contendership and champ match it’ll be almost essential that he goes back to his new style.

3. Resin M-I-C – He’s just been on fire lately. Dropping nice verse after nice verse. If he keeps it up I have no doubt he’s gonna be the champ of this league in 2 weeks time.

2. Mercules – Has a very good chance to win the WBL title this week. He shouldn’t be in the champ match as it should really be Fracture vs ouch, but due to Fracture signing out Merc snuck in and he’s got the chance to win the title. If he drops his dopest then there’s no doubt that he’s got the skills to win.

1. ouch – Dude’s a WBL legend. Yeah, he’s rusty but you don’t just lose skill. If he can drop to his ability this week then he should be able to get the win, he’ll have to try his hardest though otherwise he could be upset.

Outro

Things are looking good. We’ve got a potential HOF battle next week in Resin vs Richard Corey, if it goes ahead that would be the 3rd of their series, and it’s currently tied at 1-1. So that’ll be interesting. New champ for sure this week, it’ll be a close battle. Lotta talent in this league and a lotta numbers. This is the only dope straight battle league on the net at the moment, so if you’re thinking of signing out, don’t. There’s no need to. All the talent and competition is in this league. Shit’s looking nice. If you’re a tight head then sign up. Looking at you butler, Loot, Fracture, G, Peter Parker etc. That’s it. PEACE.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r273/BBoysWBL/WBLEmblem.jpg