Like most internet folk, you're all very close minded and barbaric in debating

Barbaric isn't a good thing when socially interacting with anyone btw

Enbombz
02-02-2018, 09:36 AM
Objectivity.

~RustyGunZ~
02-02-2018, 09:53 AM
Objectivity.

What if the truth that makes something objective becomes false? And how do you trust the "truth" if it differs from your opinion?

Destroyer
02-02-2018, 10:03 AM
Informed reason

~RustyGunZ~
02-02-2018, 10:07 AM
Informed reason

Who do you trust to say if something is informed?

I'm very curious how you process this because you're (no offence) one of the worst culprits of bias here

Diode
02-02-2018, 10:24 AM
ITT:

who knuck thinks he is:
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/itsalwayssunny/images/1/1c/Square-Dennis-BW.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/180?cb=20110925015916

who he really is:
http://i.imgur.com/rnSYvPv.png

Destroyer
02-02-2018, 10:28 AM
Who do you trust to say if something is informed?

Informed individuals

But more to the point, you know nothing about me or what I believe or how biased I may or may not be

Enbombz
02-02-2018, 10:33 AM
Idk but it's a starting point.

Being objective isnt so much about having your opinion. In fact it's the opposite really it's about looking at both sides. So I'm not too precious about my opinions, they change I have some basic fundamental beliefs on some things but the rest is fluid. Most people argue with a horse in the race and should be treated with suspicion. Those people are also least likely to be objective. For some it's a case of their beliefs/opinions are a massive part of their identity and take comfort in that identity. To change would be losing part of that, so they stubbornly cling onto it. People don't like to question themselves. It makes them feel unsure of themselves and the world around them. these self serving opinions/beliefs offer little value to anyone but the person themselves. Often lacking credibility.

~RustyGunZ~
02-02-2018, 10:46 AM
Informed individuals

But more to the point, you know nothing about me or what I believe or how biased I may or may not be

No the point is the topic

To your self important point, I have seen you "debate" people in over 20 threads on here about a great deal of social and politic topics for multiple pages

That isn't enough to say I believe you're bias?

The answer is that it is and you can't debate that. So let's have an actual intelligent conversation instead of delfecting

What makes someone informed in your opinion?

~RustyGunZ~
02-02-2018, 10:47 AM
Diode I like that format man funny post did you come up with that?

Destroyer
02-02-2018, 10:50 AM
No the point is the topic

To your self important point, I have seen you "debate" people in over 20 threads on here about a great deal of social and politic topics for multiple pages

That isn't enough to say I believe you're bias?

The answer is that it is and you can't debate that. So let's have an actual intelligent conversation instead of delfecting

What makes someone informed in your opinion?

Oh, youve seen me debate people on here?
I guess you know everything about me and my true beliefs then, huh?
Maybe this will help you.
I don’t look for objectivity or informed opinions on rap message boards for one

~RustyGunZ~
02-02-2018, 10:53 AM
Oh sorry didn't know your real views differed from your views here my mistake. Silly me didn't know you were a conservative.

Why don't you go be a bitter old faggot elsewhere if youre not goinf to contribute anything but cat shit to this topic

Destroyer
02-02-2018, 10:54 AM
Well knuck, what do you hope to accomplish with this topic?
I’m guessing to try to appear more intelligent and informed than the bulk of this forum
Well, congratulations, what an achievement

~RustyGunZ~
02-02-2018, 10:59 AM
I'm steering comments toward a personal narrative that has nothing to do with mine

How is that making me more intelligent in appearance? Why can't you comprehend social interaction outside of being a condescending ass hat?

Amen
02-02-2018, 10:59 AM
Well knuck, what do you hope to accomplish with this topic?
I’m guessing to try to appear more intelligent and informed than the bulk of this forum
Well, congratulations, what an achievement

Lmao...

He's a google scholar.

Destroyer
02-02-2018, 11:00 AM
The answer is that it is and you can't debate that.

Tell me again how I’m close-minded

Diode
02-02-2018, 11:02 AM
low quality veritas attempt

i guess this is the new gimmick eh

here's hoping you can tweak it and get some legit heat but idk though

~RustyGunZ~
02-02-2018, 11:04 AM
K whatever guys guess we'll all just use Facebook memes to communicate

Pretty sad when someone makes a thread with slight thought being required to participate and it's a "veritas attempt"

Schadenfreude
02-02-2018, 11:07 AM
Most of the time I'm trolling, so there is no way to persuade Me.

~RustyGunZ~
02-02-2018, 11:08 AM

Do you find internet trolling as led you to be less capable of having a personality in real life?

Schadenfreude
02-02-2018, 11:10 AM
Lmaoooooo not at all.

~RustyGunZ~
02-02-2018, 11:10 AM
Tell me again how I’m close-minded

I said you were bias

I said a lot of people here are close minded

I think, based off of what I've seen here, you don't listen to any argument besides yours. That's why I'm asking this question. I'm not trying to insult you or anyone else. In trying to figure out how and why you and others rationalize your views.

Destroyer
02-02-2018, 11:12 AM
Here, I’m a good 20 years older than most
There’s few people I listen to here as having any sort of valid opinion
It also isn’t necessary, for what I am here for

~RustyGunZ~
02-02-2018, 11:13 AM
Here, I’m a good 20 years older than most
There’s few people I listen to here as having any sort of valid opinion
It also isn’t necessary, for what I am here for

You being here for text battling makes other peoples opinions not important? How?

Destroyer
02-02-2018, 11:16 AM
To me

~RustyGunZ~
02-02-2018, 11:18 AM
To me

Than why do you respond to those views?

Destroyer
02-02-2018, 11:19 AM
Well, a cup of water isn’t going to put out a fire, but it’s not gonna hurt to throw it on there

~RustyGunZ~
02-02-2018, 11:20 AM
Well, a cup of water isn’t going to put out a fire, but it’s not gonna hurt to throw it on there

So you are defending your views on here?

Geno
02-02-2018, 11:20 AM
Depends.
Seriosuly. Not all of my pre defined views are set in atone its not always a hard task. Unless were talkin yhe more privitive idealw. Then nothing

shove a gun in my face and ill eat the muzzle.
Guzzle hollowtips. And spittem back in a bleeding puddle

Destroyer
02-02-2018, 11:21 AM
So you are defending your views on here?

What specific views are you referring to?

~RustyGunZ~
02-02-2018, 11:22 AM
Lmaoooooo not at all.

I don't mean it like do you start yelling negged at people

But does being on here for an hour or so a day not being your self roll over slightly in real conversations?

I felt my filter was less effective the more I said stupid racist shit to "troll" so I stopped here and I stopped breaking my filter irl

~RustyGunZ~
02-02-2018, 11:23 AM
What specific views are you referring to?

Abortion, the election, taxes, any of that stuff you and die or argue with uh oh and Mike wrecka over here and there

Destroyer
02-02-2018, 11:24 AM
It’s likely that I spoke my true views on those topics, yes

~RustyGunZ~
02-02-2018, 11:36 AM
It’s likely that I spoke my true views on those topics, yes

So you're here to debate your views seriously. Why else would you participate?

Destroyer
02-02-2018, 11:39 AM
Is this thread about me?
Like, I answered you directly
You’re telling me what, that I’m wrong about my own opinions?
What is your end game here, man?

Schadenfreude
02-02-2018, 11:44 AM
I don't mean it like do you start yelling negged at people

But does being on here for an hour or so a day not being your self roll over slightly in real conversations?

I felt my filter was less effective the more I said stupid racist shit to "troll" so I stopped here and I stopped breaking my filter irl

Oh I see what you're asking..

No it's almost the exact opposite, because irl there's actual reward and/or consequence to Life, so I'm 100% invested in being Myself. Whereas I'm only on NC for my personal amusement. Even tho I express myself creatively & competitively, there's only a lil bit of my genuine personality or emotion involved. Basically it's only online, so Idc enough about my user persona, to it to be 100.

uh-oh
02-02-2018, 11:46 AM
The simple answer is it depends on the predefined view

If a view is explicitly wrong and can proven to be wrong, than of course the view on it changes. But we arent speaking in terms of personal belief like morality and such because thats more of an objective type of thing.

If you bring facts as to why something is wrong that suits your argument, but tje argument for the other side has facts that suit their own, no minds will change.

The main problem with discussions is the failure to acknowledge different viewpoints. People dont put the same amount of weight as others put into things. So when you come with your list of reasons why something is wrong, tjat wont tip the scales if they have a list of reasons for why they believe it is right.

Neither is correct one way or the other, or else there wouldnt be an actual debate. If theyre both open minded obviously

Like climate change for instance, you have people that don't believe humans are accelerating it. They are fools. There isnt the data to support that (that ive seen), but i can still disagree that we need to do anything about it, because its inevitable. So fuck it. You can view my point of view as wrong, but those same climate scientists agree we are past the point of reversing it. All we can do is slow it.

So if you agree with that you may think im wrong for saying fuck it. But im not objectively wrong

boof
02-02-2018, 11:48 AM
somebody more familiar with the topic than me.

new perspectives.

~RustyGunZ~
02-02-2018, 11:51 AM
Is this thread about me?
Like, I answered you directly
You’re telling me what, that I’m wrong about my own opinions?
What is your end game here, man?

Im not sure how you got to that conclusion. It is absolutely not about you.

I have no end game. Just curious so made a thread. If you can't put your bias of me aside to have a conversation about bias and persuasion than you just should leqve the thread.

Destroyer
02-02-2018, 11:58 AM
You’ve persuaded me

Amen
02-02-2018, 12:24 PM
Des got 20 year on people?

He reaching 50 or in his 50's?

Enbombz
02-02-2018, 12:25 PM
Easy.

Schadenfreude
02-02-2018, 12:30 PM
Lol I'm pretty sure he was exaggerating, more like 10, 15 at most.

Witty
02-02-2018, 01:00 PM
Jesus.

KennyCerealBowl
02-02-2018, 01:02 PM
Well only God can judge me.

~RustyGunZ~
02-02-2018, 01:23 PM
Idk but it's a starting point.

Being objective isnt so much about having your opinion. In fact it's the opposite really it's about looking at both sides. So I'm not too precious about my opinions, they change I have some basic fundamental beliefs on some things but the rest is fluid. Most people argue with a horse in the race and should be treated with suspicion. Those people are also least likely to be objective. For some it's a case of their beliefs/opinions are a massive part of their identity and take comfort in that identity. To change would be losing part of that, so they stubbornly cling onto it. People don't like to question themselves. It makes them feel unsure of themselves and the world around them. these self serving opinions/beliefs offer little value to anyone but the person themselves. Often lacking credibility.

There is a big issue people have within themselves. I used to think this way as well. Not being part of side a or b doesn't make you not have a side, it makes you part of side c. So thinking that way, how could we/you do better at making side c a compromise with all sides? And how do you handle there being no logical side to be part of?

~RustyGunZ~
02-02-2018, 01:24 PM
Depends.
Seriosuly. Not all of my pre defined views are set in atone its not always a hard task. Unless were talkin yhe more privitive idealw. Then nothing

shove a gun in my face and ill eat the muzzle.
Guzzle hollowtips. And spittem back in a bleeding puddle

Can you elaborate with less typos I'm not 100% sure how to continue this dialogue

~RustyGunZ~
02-02-2018, 01:27 PM
You’ve persuaded me

Good, so back to where we were. How do you determine a source is reliable ?

Ghost1
02-02-2018, 01:36 PM
3 pages since I went to lunch? shewy....didn't even read thread but knucl garnering views I see bravo

this book called the righteous mind is the perfect answer to this question tho, god bless/

Destroyer
02-02-2018, 01:42 PM
Good, so back to where we were. How do you determine a source is reliable ?

Oh I’m sorry, persuaded me to leave the thread

~RustyGunZ~
02-02-2018, 01:54 PM
Oh I’m sorry, persuaded me to leave the thread

I want to be cool with you like the bear days. I feel like I've done a lot to change for the better here but you still hate on me for no real reason. Why man?

~RustyGunZ~
02-02-2018, 01:55 PM
3 pages since I went to lunch? shewy....didn't even read thread but knucl garnering views I see bravo

this book called the righteous mind is the perfect answer to this question tho, god bless/

Thanks man I'll grab it this weekend

Destroyer
02-02-2018, 01:56 PM
I want to be cool with you like the bear days. I feel like I've done a lot to change for the better here but you still hate on me for no real reason. Why man?

I think I still harbor resentment from when I was EmpathE and you were demo

Otherwise, I have no idea

I’ll make an effort not to

~RustyGunZ~
02-02-2018, 02:02 PM
But we got a long after that

Was I overly mean to you as empathe lol?

Destroyer
02-02-2018, 02:03 PM
I can’t really remember, I don’t think so
I think you were more full of yourself then perhaps

~RustyGunZ~
02-02-2018, 02:03 PM
Ghost1 you follow Simon sinek at all?

~RustyGunZ~
02-02-2018, 02:06 PM
I can’t really remember, I don’t think so
I think you were more full of yourself then perhaps

Oh I sure was

Destroyer
02-02-2018, 02:10 PM
As far as your original query, my answer is life experience
It’s pretty much all I can hold on to without fear of being led by falsehood
It doesn’t account for bias, but can one even fully account for that?
I don’t think so. But no one can tell me I didn’t experience the things I have.
As such, it’s all that I will allow to mold my viewpoints

~RustyGunZ~
02-02-2018, 02:13 PM
As far as your original query, my answer is life experience
It’s pretty much all I can hold on to without fear of being led by falsehood
It doesn’t account for bias, but can one even fully account for that?
I don’t think so. But no one can tell me I didn’t experience the things I have.
As such, it’s all that I will allow to mold my viewpoints

Awesome insight

With that being said have you travelled a lot? Or in general had deep relationships with people of other cultures if you can't afford to travel too much.

~RustyGunZ~
02-02-2018, 02:14 PM
I think you and uh oh have very similar approaches to rationalizing views. Its sad those results make you two argue so much. As you said though, there's no way to truly trust an argument. Even your own.

Destroyer
02-02-2018, 02:15 PM
I wouldn’t say I have traveled a lot but I grew up in three different areas in the US so I’ve been to enough places to know that people are more similar than they are different, regardless of where they hail from

Enbombz
02-02-2018, 02:32 PM
There is a big issue people have within themselves. I used to think this way as well. Not being part of side a or b doesn't make you not have a side, it makes you part of side c. So thinking that way, how could we/you do better at making side c a compromise with all sides? And how do you handle there being no logical side to be part of?

That part c thing isn't really a thing. It's a bit like saying you don't believe in this God or that God so therefore atheism is religion in itself. If there is no logical side to take you can say that, it's still being objective.

Nick James
02-02-2018, 03:11 PM
its gotta have 1k+ likes on fb

~RustyGunZ~
02-02-2018, 03:46 PM
its gotta have 1k+ likes on fb

How old are you?

Nick James
02-02-2018, 04:08 PM
How old are you?

obv that was a joke lol

u better believe its true tho out here.. if I got 7k ppl followin me n I post 'kylies a slut' guess what? kylies now a slut lol regardless if shes only slept wit 2 guys her whole life hoes will be like 'god shes such a slut' n niggas will be like 'lets call kylie man that bitch is a slut'

~RustyGunZ~
02-02-2018, 04:10 PM
So you're like, 19?

Amen
02-02-2018, 04:10 PM
19 on papers already. SAD LIFE.

Nick James
02-02-2018, 04:14 PM
sure

I dont feel like dealin with lame rebuttals rite now so sure.

Nick James
02-02-2018, 04:35 PM
point was ppl follow popular opinion. they follow the consensus. alot of times the predefined views you are referring to originated from popular opinion anyways.. so indeed it makes sense it wuld be all that culd deviate it.

Amen
02-02-2018, 04:53 PM
Maybe your generation does, idiot. I for certain do not.

Continue allowing social media to run your life and make decisions for you.

~RustyGunZ~
02-02-2018, 05:05 PM
point was ppl follow popular opinion. they follow the consensus. alot of times the predefined views you are referring to originated from popular opinion anyways.. so indeed it makes sense it wuld be all that culd deviate it.

Maybe your generation does, idiot. I for certain do not.

Continue allowing social media to run your life and make decisions for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hER0Qp6QJNU

Nick James
02-02-2018, 05:08 PM
u just proved what I alrdy figured.. ur a rambling idiot

The accepted model of history and science was not only formed through popular opinion but also omits and refuses to place in curriculum anything that doesnt fit into guess what? Popular opinion.

ur actually such an oblivious moron that u prolly dont even see ur love for the patriots stems from what is popular and winning/trending.

~RustyGunZ~
02-02-2018, 05:08 PM
I wouldn’t say I have traveled a lot but I grew up in three different areas in the US so I’ve been to enough places to know that people are more similar than they are different, regardless of where they hail from

What areas? Just curious. And what about income differences? Have you spent a lot of time with poor people? (Really poor)

Amen
02-02-2018, 05:15 PM
u just proved what I alrdy figured.. ur a rambling idiot

The accepted model of history and science was not only formed through popular opinion but also omits and refuses to place in curriculum anything that doesnt fit into guess what? Popular opinion.

ur actually such an oblivious moron that u prolly dont even see ur love for the patriots stems from what is popular and winning/trending.

Wrong, idiot.

Destroyer
02-02-2018, 05:16 PM
Tucson, Az. Philadelphia, Pa., and Indianapolis, IN

I have white trash relatives through marriage, that’s as much experience as I’ve had with “poor” people

Ghost1
02-02-2018, 05:18 PM
I want to participate itt but it's just too much information to relay

Please

Every one

The righteous mind by Jonathan Haidt

Read it

Then return. You'd probably all like each other more after honestly.

Inno
But yo, how many of us here actually post with 100% of our true selves?

Nick James
u just proved to me u have no idea what ur talking about approximatly 5 mins ago

it must be nice floatin thru life like an ignorant horse fly

Ghost1
02-02-2018, 05:19 PM
Pfft I paragraphed some cleft lipped fagot at work today off rip idgaf I been 100 on nc and irl since beyond was cooking his eggs w a laser beam coming out his eye.

Destroyer
02-02-2018, 05:21 PM
I beat every one i face...no beyond

Inno
02-02-2018, 05:24 PM
Pfft I paragraphed some cleft lipped fagot at work today off rip idgaf I been 100 on nc and irl since beyond was cooking his eggs w a laser beam coming out his eye.

I can picture it now.

New coworkers first day: hi everyone, nice to meet you all

Anthony: introduce me to your self homie fagot?

Schadenfreude
02-02-2018, 06:55 PM
Ant gratuitously calls dudes homie faggot lmao.

Ghost1
02-02-2018, 06:55 PM
LMFAO

Scary accurate

For Battling
02-02-2018, 07:02 PM

Excuse me?

Ghost1
02-02-2018, 07:11 PM
Duhdid I stutta?

Seyance
02-03-2018, 09:58 AM
Facts, logic and reason.. Some of y'all emotional as fuck tho, clouded mind ass people.

Amen
02-03-2018, 10:58 AM
Ant gratuitously calls dudes homie faggot lmao.

Lol.. that homie faggot shit kills me every time.

Witty
02-03-2018, 10:07 PM
veritas

~RustyGunZ~
02-03-2018, 10:13 PM
Veritas doesn't want to be here anymore witty don't at him please

Hes tired of anything outside of text history and shitpost being considered Veritas trolls and not just normal intelligent discussion

Witty
02-03-2018, 10:19 PM
Don't tell me what to do plz.

veritas
02-03-2018, 11:41 PM
low quality veritas attempt

i guess this is the new gimmick eh

here's hoping you can tweak it and get some legit heat but idk though

Do not mention me.

sral
02-05-2018, 07:59 AM

were you trolling when you stole that Gender Reveal line?

Diode
02-05-2018, 03:21 PM
Do not mention me.

And?

~RustyGunZ~
02-05-2018, 03:30 PM
Oh big guy diode just put James in his place what a strong personality

Diode
02-05-2018, 03:37 PM
Oh big guy diode just put James in his place what a strong personality

http://www.wrestlingmedia.org/wv/02/40352/40352.jpg

Schadenfreude
02-05-2018, 04:20 PM
were you trolling when you stole that Gender Reveal line?

yea, turns out it was a girl..named her Lars.

veritas
02-05-2018, 07:48 PM
And?

And fight the urge to miss me, Chris. Yeah?

~RustyGunZ~
02-05-2018, 08:29 PM
yea, turns out it was a girl..named her Lars.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/list/000/900/976/18b.gif

Diode
02-06-2018, 09:46 AM

i can't quit you, huckleberry

nor can you quit us it seems :)

Aero
02-06-2018, 11:22 AM

Thinking of you.