PDA

View Full Version : THE WINTER CLASSIC: RND 1 MAGAZINE

Orc
02-10-2018, 05:38 AM
THE FRESHNESS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqUeqJ4VVwY

https://media.giphy.com/media/SdigNNNBEqCDC/giphy.gif

What uppp, fellas! Some music to listen to while you read. It's Luke Cage by an English dude called AJ Tracey - bars bars bars. Please check it out and let me know what you think below.

Dope showing for the first round. I appreciate that. Votes were plentiful and we had a lotttt of dope bars. Some battles were closer than predicted but then again some were complete blowouts. I was also impressed by some of the dudes that hadn't battled in a while -- still got that fire! I just want to address the NBL while I'm here. If you're actively battling, you need to sign in. Period. The NBL is the lifeblood of the site. It attracts all the new members we get. If it's a half assed league we will attract less. I'm obviously juggling this and the NBL with For Battling but I'll be able to shuffle it a bit better as TWC reaches the business end. So basically if you're on this website and posting, please sign into the NBL. That's really why you joined this site, right? Plus, I need someone to beat me. It's too easy. Can you do it?

REVIEWS & POWER RANKINGS BY SCHADENFREUDE

https://media.giphy.com/media/Iqq483yscQcSs/giphy.gif

Infiltration, Suthaveli, Flo Real, Nik, Zelph, Swerve & Paradigm all got their wins via no show.

Barcotic vs Wrath

Even though Bar swept the votes, Pryde did have some shit, the problem was perhaps he over simplified his wording, so his punches couldn’t hold up against the crazed canook.

Mr. J vs E tha Real
Decent battle, Joker's steadily improving, so propers for that, but E had more quotables & took the W.

King Karaoke vs Unemployed
Hick Shame or whatever the fuck his name is, got swept like fucking losers do, yet of course he still found a way to bitch about my opinion, fuckboy you ASS CHEEKS.

Alvin Karpis vs Bleak
Bleak’s still figuring things out, but I see potential in the homie, until then the vets are gonna keep hammering on him..lol.

ClassickERBL vs Destroyer
Des won comfortably, Class’ still using too many older concepts.

Enbombz vs Knucklheas
Joog showed up while Seth dragged his own ass across the finish line w/ either the laziest or rustiest verse ever, I can’t decide. SN: someone accused Joog of biting, but everybody’s biters in text AND battle rap in general.

Pinot Grij vs Allen Knight
Dopiest match of this round extremely close seesaw battle, but AK got it in the final vote tally.

Ender vs Cashius
End showed up w/ concepts that MIGHT’VE been creative before I left grammar school & lost, badly. While Cash just wrote a few bars, then won.

Schadenfreude vs Killing Spree
KS had a good bar or two, while tbh I was trolling a bit, cuz I wrote in what I consider RB’s style, I won but no one noticed the sarcasm/irony.

POWER RANKS
5. Destroyer - The laughing man who bags on you while slitting your throat, has worked very hard to reach the top ranks of NC battlers, so his status is well deserved.

4. Allen Knight - The local legend & wordplay assassin & not wack RB style wp either, actual functioning & effective wordplay. Fool just knows how to win. Even in a loss, I can’t recall him ever getting bodied.

3. ill Nika - The most consistent old bastard in the history in of text. Has bossed up in every category of writing, so he’s always problem, much respect OG.

2. King Karaoke - Most def one of best writers in text, capable of beating any & everyone in this tourney.. Black Power!

1. Cashius - he’s the center of the target. Has been a dominating force for years, so until somebody decapitates him, he is & will remain the Man.

INTERVIEW WITH BARCOTIC AKA CRONUS

https://media3.giphy.com/media/4ZOghRReDU1q0/giphy.gif

What's up bro. So you've been around for a long time. Tell these people a little about your history:

shit i likely started this competitive hobby at 14.. an im 29 now so figure it out. its ben a minute for sure. originally i was at rapboard.com w/ God Of War aka country, after that i was at urbanflows doing longbar w/ quite a few familiar faces (jay1, bey, kin, etc), migrated over to rapbattles.com n began the tedious switch to shortbar. pretty much elevated & honed my style there over time, then it was onto netcees.COM. thats where the majority of the talent was. the competition/new big names to battle. I had to end up there, period. champed a bunch of shit on every site but mostly netcees & rb, became a legend, now i just fuck around n experiment. im still competitive, i just take more risks w/ my style n concepts. sometimes being TOO creative bites u in the ass, but idgaf. im sick of seeing the same shit so i fucks w/ taking chances. ive beaten everyone anyway

I remember coming up around the same time as you on RB and we were both accused of flipping concepts. Why do you think that was?

because we werent as good. we dint kno better, hadnt hellevated yet. we used concepts n wordplays that were easy to think of, and in turn were likely done before us. i mean, thats speaking for me.. iunno about UR case but I was just getting caught being an amateur. thats all there really is to it

I actually agree. Well to be honest I think it actually comes from joining from a Longbar site. Longbar guys drop the most played concepts. I see it all the time even now at LB. They struggle to be creative and concise. Talk me through the whole Cronus alias in NC. That was dope.

well mfs doubted barcotic, so I made cronus to make a point. the mfs who hated on barcotic loved off cronus.. annnnnnd point made

get used to my personality cuz its never gona change. judge the BARS

What do you think of the the site at the moment and how can we improve on this already pretty active 2018?

the site is poppin at the moment. there's even some readable threads in discussion. iknoright

nah but the main reason its poppin is bcuz of its newly active battle scene, as well as the comp that came w/ it. tbr U've helped a ton by properly running & hyping shit up, so props for that. there comes at time when the last of a dying breed have to come together in order to survive the drought.. n thats exactly what i think is happening here

Yeah man we need everyone who is around to battle. Keep the social aspects to social media for real. Who would be your favourite text battlers?

ever? here's 10.. lefty, tet, urself, kung, hens, dom, neigh, sal, blue, frac. no order

Damn, appreciate that bro. What's the real differences between Canada and America? I'm looking to visit Toronto soon. What we doing? How are the women.

the differences depend on where in canada

i mean
new zealand to australia is the equivalent of toronto to detroit, basically.. which is next to nada
but quebec fits the canadian stereotypes. dont go there. reach the dot n i can def show u some spots. the women are great, all types, all backgrounds. half of them are down for anything. the other half u gotta earn
link up when ur plannin

I will do. Maybe September. So recently wordplay has been getting a lot of hate. Why do you think that is?

a mixed bag of reasons IMO
some cats overuse them, some dont how to even use them, some are played out, some are even too fresh causing ppl to miss them altogether (especially w/ multiple words making a wp), some are forced, some aren't but wont get a pass cuz nerds fail to even say them aloud before passing judgement

who cares tho? wordplay isn't going anywhere.. & a lot of the cats hating on it OD on other shit in their own verses loll this is just a thing rn

I feel you. I only like it when it works both ways. I can allow it if it's fire though and doesn't work both ways. Depends on the delivery. Who do you think has been your biggest inspiration in terms of execution, concepts, wording etc?

id say a little bit of everyone i named in that top 10 list, w/ a bit of my own style stapled on top

We have seen a lot of new heads lately. Do you think the site can blossom again?

it's blossoming rn, just tell Diode to make sure the confirmation to post bullshit is turned off for new users & netcees future should be just fine

To be honest I've been manually going in and confirming every new member. Pretty shitty task. Who do you see as your biggest threats in the NBL?

preeetty sure u meant WC but im not about to send u a pm to clarify, so ill just tell u both

nbl? u
wc? cashius

Any last words bro?

no

Haha okay, thanks for the interview man.

ROUND 2 PREVIEWS WITH INFILTRATION

https://media.giphy.com/media/BYGAPyiUdlBnO/giphy.gif

Sour joog vs ill nik-A

I think this can be a potentially dooope battle. Sour Joog has impressed me since he migrated over here. He's currently the best on RB imo. Due to his creativeness and he's not as nerdy as some of them. He has the swagger to succeed. Nik has been dropping really dope for most of the year so far. It all depends on how motivated he is at the moment. I do think he will want to win this tournament though so he should be ready to war. I think it will be a close battle but I'm edging the prediction towards Nik.

Infiltration vs E Tha Real

Both of these dudes have been around for at least a decade. Inf is a man of many names, I believe most notable Thorne. He was a mainstay in text leagues of the past. He's his own worst enemy at times and overthinks bars to the point he can ruin them. When he's on point he's sharp though. E pops in sporadically and just needs a real run in something to cement his place in the Netcees scene. Should be a good battle but I think Inf will win this one.

Cashius vs Schadenfreude

Strong contender for BOTW. Cashius a heavy favorite to win the tourney being a recent HOF entry with an impressive list of accomps on both version of NC's. Schade on the other hand has been dropping consistent verses in the NBL since its inception w/ wins over several notable heads. Both have seen eachother in tourneys before and Cash is 2-0 IIRC. Last round both had good enough verses but now is a true test. Schade had the ballistics bar & Cash the sonnets line which was dope. I think w/ the history & accolades as well as the fact rust isn't an issue here i'd predict Cash right now even though Schade has been more active.

Barcotic vs Jay Welsh

Jay is adapting well and altering his style to make the punches hit. He'll get it eventually and when he does he'll be a problem. I've seen glimpses of some dopeness lately which is a good sign. Keep it up. Bar has been coming for peoples heads lately. It's good to see. Once he steers clear of over obscure wordplays he's fire. I think at this moment in time Bar has too much for Jay and will win here. The battle is open for votes, go vote!

Paradigm vs Destroyer

This could be a sleeper BOTW. Both dropped good last round & I was surprised by paradigm as I haven't seen much from him in recent times. The circle ya block & michigan state bars were nice. Des beat classick w/a decent drop and I expect him to bring it this week like he did previously in the NBL champ match. I'm split on this one. Make it good fellas.

Swerve vs @Karaoke

Interesting match. Karaoke is one of the heavy favorites to win this whole tournament. Dude is pretty consistent & has a NC friendly style that resonates with alot of people. While Swerve has shown up in a few matches & done alright. Not sure he's had a chance to test himself on an opponent on Karaoke's caliber yet tho. I do think this will be closer than most would predict right now. But I still have Karaoke 60/40.

Suthaveli vs Allen Knight

This could be another good show here. BOTW contender. This is a unique style clash; Suth has an original swag & wording to his bars that just comes off fresh while Allen has a wordplay heavy style w/ harsh executions. Going by recent verses from the first round I'd say Allen impressed me more than Suth. I do think Suth has what it takes to win but Allen, the HOF'amer, has been pretty consistent beating top heads & champing the NBL with ease. I have Allen here.

Alvin Karpis vs For Battling

Cool match here. I believe this is a repeat of an earlier NBL match where FB won in an upset. However, I think things will be a bit different now; both had cool verses last round. One in which Aero ducked; nothing surprising. I think Karp learned from his past loss and knows what to do now; he'll be hungrier this time around. Zelph seemed to ask for a gimmick this round...not sure what'll happen there. This could potentially be a BOTW if both are on top of their game. I have Karpis edging this though.

BRACKET TALK WITH THE BOY GHOST1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WFxMzd6btA

ROUND ONE: THE HIGHLIGHT REEL

https://media.giphy.com/media/ssxR11rMlIsyA/giphy.gif

Bounce two clips off your dome, catch & load'em mid air
Both arms locked & ready to twist this joint... Figure Four, Ric Flair

Paradigm vs Unfukwitable

ill feed her PRO bone.. from the back as the hoe's prone, brother
spin her around n give her 2 fingers before i finish -stone cold stunner

Barcotic vs WRATH

In every vote naysaying the gun bars, whotf you gon’ harm?
when all u are’s a ballistics mannequin - a clear body w/ no arms.

Schadenfreude vs Killing Spree

Bitch I'm poppin' these rounds that make AK's body drop to the ground
I'll direct and shoot a Coppola choppers that'll make you see Apocalypse Now

Pinot Grij vs Allen Knight

You got a wack life n a fat wife, yeh we've seen the evidence
I got the memory of an Elephant, you got alot of memories with that Elephant

Sour Joog vs Knucklehead

Honestly I don’t do heights my friend but don’t pretend you’re realer
I bet you enjoyed it until you looked down like head from Silver

Alvin Karpis vs bleak

He don't wanna draw with me, dude aint the type he dead soft
Give this kattegat, soo much heat gone hit that body it look like a Viking send off

Sour Joog vs Knucklehead

THAT TOURNAMENT THROWBACK FIREEEE

https://media.giphy.com/media/9Vo1W2kZrDdsI/giphy.gif

MetaSin

Look guy
this faggot stays in his Fracture phase, but I'll use this classic match to sway
til he fawns over my music, like punchin a juke box in happy days
duke is the wave of the future now, but in 02 he'd clash with greats
he'd test the water, n come up short, unable to catch a break
i don't care wat u say...
back then u'd NEVER champ RM, or UA
your fans must be British charity for ever givin pounds to UK
fuck politics, and groups that UN, ur losin to sin. I spit fire...
ya reps based on beatin a cat far from his prime, his hype, AND his dick riders.
but when Resin looked like swiss beats, and tried, this geek would get smashed
then u'd lose the rub u get from aloe, and learn to stop bein so rash
that recklessness got this emo kid forcin up lesser spit
for better or worse... his verses prove that he's more of a pessemist
shoulda stayed at Prowlers; your lines don't connect a thing when u roam
I'll blow up ya spot with a tnt package that don't work with cingular phones
his body'll rot in the wake, but before they detect this herb
i'll be dragon this jackass far far away... like Donkey's kids in Shrek the Third
kungs a fag actor in gay stories where he be givin up cock
known to be in fairy-tails... and his man nuts when he thickens the plot
he used to like chicks, and would gofer the hole like caddy shack...
but was the type that wood-stalk hoes, no free love n hacky sacks
try as he might, kung gets no pussy; wish I could give him some help...
he couldn't wu a bitch with a dope method... n beats from RZA himself.

vs

Kungfugrip

last time we bumped, i slayed you. u did hardly as well
i abused MetaSin hard. & showed up to Detox wearing the RBL Belt
we both walked in, but when it's do or die, bitch
i'll have MetaSin Cabinet home. lookin' in there for something to commit suicide with
& this 'old school new school'shit? that's defective logic
this is more like Mr. Always Connects, vs. MC I Wonder How Far I Can Stretch a Concept
homie, we all know i'm better. why you spittin' kid?
i'ma go for the Gold. you can take the Silva. & get embarrassed like Griffin did
Cane hyped you up in the intro. now i'm deadin' it son.
you got swept by Oneduh, then i beat your ass. then i buried Oneduh like 11-1
& that shit was funny to me. but fuck it, nigga
i'm a 10, you're like a 4. & your Protege5. is hot pink, with a gay pride bumper sticker
& that 'best writer for a decade' shit is fucking obscene
between your 6 year hiatus, & back to back losses to ur only Comp on the scene
you fell of years ago. your career been shot to hell
it's my time. & if you tryna Budden line, i'm Raekwon backstage at Rock the Bells
& you rhyme like a faggot. so don't try to stunt in the booth
cuz i write Power Lines. you just rap like you lived under some as a youth
so you should fall back. forfeit. or i'll leave u behind
& pull the Nien out your mouth, like any Germans that critiquing your lines
see i'm original. you're Generic. & that's a disaster
to have a run like yours, i'd have to hit a more Cliche Spell than 'Abracadabra'
homie you're average at best. & besides all the hype
i'd say you were a Numbskull for showing, but u been a watered down him all ur life

Winner: Kungfugrip

THE ORCTRO

https://media.giphy.com/media/m1u2n183Y6dtm/giphy.gif

You didn't click the music at the top, right? Come on man. I want to know what you think. I'm curious. Anywaaay, I've sent an interview out so I'm just waiting for that and I'll add it in for you guys. One thing I do need to say is to make sure you guys show by Sunday. There are absolutely no extensions in this tournament any more. The first round was a joke because of them. You've been given a whole week to write 10 lines. Get it done. Get it done well. I need to read some fire. I want whoever wins this to know they've been through a gauntlet. Best of luck gentlemen. Take care.

ill nik-A Sour joog Infiltration Aero For Battling Barcotic Killing Spree Maximus Letterman King Karaoke Swerve Alvin Karpis Habitat Joe Boston Facts MuhSheen Profit Incredible Bomb Bard Unemployed Sovereign Schadenfreude bleak Destroyer classickERBL Cashius Pinot Grij Allen Knight Amen Ghost1 Ender Mr. J Strikta E Tha Real Suthaveli WRATH Problumatic Mqql x godsgrqndmistqke @DarkerEgo Basic M BROKE LESNAR Ronin Lotto Smirk Defiant Joe Metts Cred Plot Lenox Choice Wordz Paradigm DMVsToneB Victor. Hush

Paradigm
02-10-2018, 06:31 AM
H Ladder/one step above bar still one of the greatest bars to ever grace this site lol

Dope mag... good read start to finish props
Barcotic you know im Kin*Ethic right lol

Barcotic
02-10-2018, 07:21 AM
cool

Orc
02-10-2018, 07:25 AM
Interview added! Thanks Barcotic

Destroyer
02-10-2018, 08:05 AM
Am I the only one that reads these throwback battles and thinks they’re trash?

Barcotic
02-10-2018, 08:06 AM
H Ladder/one step above bar still one of the greatest bars to ever grace this site lol

Dope mag... good read start to finish props
Barcotic you know im Kin*Ethic right lol
ya i do
yo who tf was jimmy cartel do u remember him?

Orc
02-10-2018, 08:08 AM

Usually I'd agree. This one was good though. A battle of concepts vs wording.

I remember Jimmy Cartel/Shogun Barcotic. He had that Kay Oh Ready crew.

Schadenfreude
A lot of 'em don't age well, especially if they're site and/or era centric.

Paradigm
ya i do
yo who tf was jimmy cartel do u remember him?

Jimmy was just Jimmy lol he used to go under alias all the time though on different sites I lost contact with him though
dead man prolly knows more of his whereabouts

Destroyer
02-10-2018, 08:11 AM
A lot of 'em don't age well, especially if they're site and/or era centric.

No doubt. It makes me want to never use anything topical or personal or site-centric so that my bars age well. Looooooooool
You know, for posterity

Barcotic
02-10-2018, 08:12 AM
yaaa yo him
i remember battling him a couple x as NME lol

those were the fkn days

Suthaveli
02-10-2018, 09:51 AM
dope mag Orc Ghost1 Infiltration

Cred
02-10-2018, 10:59 AM
Lmao Ghost1 u a foo wit it

And props Orc I’ll vote on some battles when there up, rt

Sovereign
02-10-2018, 03:43 PM
I read this magazine for the articles.

Allen Knight
02-10-2018, 04:21 PM
This mag was fire, props to all involved in it.

Barcotic
02-10-2018, 07:11 PM
No doubt. It makes me want to never use anything topical or personal or site-centric so that my bars age well. Looooooooool
You know, for posterity
good pt

Alvin Karpis
02-11-2018, 09:20 AM
Good mag

Amen
02-11-2018, 10:35 AM

You think you’re the dopest, so it makes sense.

Lol...

Dope shit, to all that contributed.

Enbombz
02-11-2018, 11:25 AM
Verse almost ready will post later @ill-nika you showing bud?

For Battling
02-11-2018, 11:56 AM
I’ll have my lines