PDA

View Full Version : WBL Mag - 22nd of April 2007

KempoMRK
02-15-2018, 02:10 PM
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r273/BBoysWBL/WBL.jpg

Intro

Yoo, cool week this week. A lot of good stuff went down and the majority of battles had both show up. Fracture retained his title again, beating Tavarez in a nail biter. It was a very close battler but he managed to pull it out. F5TH beat ill nik-A to get in to the championship match, to set up a very nice title battle.

Old Guard
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r273/BBoysWBL/Fracture.jpg

vs

New Guard
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r273/BBoysWBL/F5TH.jpg

This should definitely be a nice battle. F5TH is one of the biggest and best upcoming heads on the net, and Fracture is revered as one of the best to ever grace the net. Watch out for that, and make sure you drop a vote, as its one that shouldn’t be missed.

Props To The Top 20

Every single battler in the Top 20 showed up last week, so mad props to everyone in the top 20 for that.

Battle Reviews

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r273/BBoysWBL/Reviews.jpg

WBL Championship Match: 1. Fracture (10-1) vs 2. N.Tavarez (8-2)

Good battle here, the voting had it pretty close as well. Frac dropped first and his verse was solid. He had a Virginia tech line flipped in a dope way, definitely the best that the concept has been used this week. That was cool. Junk in the trunk bar was good and the girl lines bar was decent. Not an unbelievable verse, but solid. Tavarez dropped decent. He had a gross income bar that was worded perfectly ‘n hit nice. I didn’t think he was as creative as Frac ‘n I think that’s what cost him. The voting was close, it turned out to be 6-5 in Fractures favour at the end, and Fracture retained his title.

WBL Contendership Match: 3. F5TH Dawg (8-1) vs 4. ill nik-A (4-0)

Good battle but it had a clear winner. Nik dropped ok, but his verse wasn’t outstanding. It seemed to plod along slowly and the concepts hit ok, but not really hard. F5TH came nice, I liked his verse. He had an 02 bar that was a real fresh ‘n creative play on an old concept. The spectacle bar was good as well. F5TH took it.

5. Mercules (12-5) vs 6. John Hensley (4-0)

Merc dropped first and he had a decent verse. Running bare line was cool. The rest was ok but nothing else really stood out to me, decent enough verse though. Well, not really, as Hensley dropped tight. Most of his verse was nice ‘n he came cool. Volume bar was good, sawin logs was tight, search party was nice ‘n the reverse bar was worded perfect. So yea, both dropped good, but Hensley was just quite a lot better and he took it.

7. Te Ora (6-2) vs 8. Apex (3-0)

Haha, Apex’s verse read like a poem or something. “ur, ur, ur, ur, ur, ur, ur, ur”, yea he overdid it with those, badly. Te Ora dropped ok, he didn’t drop up to par though ‘n he’ll have to come a lot better next week, but his verse was ok. He had a cool mob bosses bar that stood out. I wasn’t really feeling Apex’s verse, nothing in it really stood out to me. Te Ora won.

9. Justify (6-1) vs 10. The Gunslinger (5-1)

Decent battle, not as good as I expected though. Considering they both know each other well from another site, I was thinking they’d both come with FIREPOWER, no pun intended. Gun dropped ok, I didn’t think any bars in his verse were really good though, his verse was just, sorta average I guess. Justify dropped better. He had a carry gun bar that I liked, I felt that the most out of his verse. Justify was just better and he got it.

11. Kapernikus (7-5) vs 12. J. SutherLand (3-1)

Wasn’t really feelin this battle much. Sutherland seemed to have wording problems this week or something, his wording was really really bad. Iono why that was, but it was very noticeable. Nothing stood out to me either. Kapernikus had good wording but some of his concepts fell short. Again, nothing really stood out to me in his verse either. Close battle, came down to one vote, and Sutherland took it.

13. V. Vega (4-3) vs 14. Deity (2-0)

Bit of an upset here. Deity aka Young Philly didn’t really try and it cost him. Vega had a more polished verse, ‘n he took the victory by a couple of votes.

15. Ancel (2-1) vs 16. Lethargic (2-0)

Didn’t like this. Lethargic dropped first and I wasn’t feelin his verse. Everyone was quotin an islam India wordplay bar, but I thought it was really forced. Nothing else caught my eye. Ancel had nothing either really. Lethargic took it.

17. Sound (12-5) vs 18. Ender (2-0)

Sound could only drop 2 lines cos he had a real shitty week, I won’t say what, but yea, I understand why he only dropped 2. So yea, this was a punchline battle really. Both musta rushed. Sounds bar was ok, decent enough nameplay, had some creativity to it. Enders bar was just bad. I wasn't feelin it all. Bad wording and bad concept. Sound took it in a close one.

19. Area51 (2-2) vs 20. TEF (4-2)

TEF has pretty strange wording. Just the way he puts across concepts seems weird to me. If he looked at his concepts from a different perspective I think he could be a lot better. That screwed up his verse for me, as while he had some creative stuff, it didn’t really hit. Area dropped better. He had a face of the earth bar that was decent. Area got it.

21. RCG Tiburon (3-4) vs 22. Roger Glocks (1-0)

Glocks won via no-show.

23. Dont Ask (1-1) vs 24. Tebo (1-2)

This was a weak battle. Tebo has an odd style, its very LLL Jr’ish, which is where he comes from. Don’t Ask didn’t drop anything good either, but he seemed more polished, ‘n he took it by a lot.

25. Pharoahe Def (1-0) vs 26. K.I.D. (1-0)

Pharoahe Def won via no-show.

27. Richmond (1-0) vs 28. si-borg (1-0)

Iono, I thought this had the wrong winner. Richmond dropped ok, he had some creative concepts, but his wording was pretty rushed. Si-borg, I wasn’t really feelin his verse much. But yea, si-borg won.

29. Sureloc Holmes (1-0) vs 30. Automatic (1-1)

Sureloc dropped possibly the GAYEST bar I have EVER read:

i can fuckin' murder you, to beat me, you'll have to rummage
i'll kick your balls from behind while your horny...
so your dick'll swing up & stab you in the stomach

If I hadn’t read a bar where some dude practically said he’d fuck his opponent in the ass, that bar would be #1 on the gay list. So yea, Sureloc HOMO, I mean Holmes, didn’t drop too great. Automatic dropped a bit better, but only barely. Automatic took it.

31. casper (2-3) vs 32. Tek (1-1)

Tek won via no-show.

33. Phil Benjamin (1-2) vs 34. Popcorn (2-4)

Popcorn should drop the italics and !!!!!’s, it makes his verse read through weird. I wasn’t feelin any of the punches either. Benjamin dropped better, he had a pb&j bar that was real funny. Benjamin got it.

35. Red Hooks (0-2) vs 36. Malice (0-1)

Red Hooks had a pretty corny verse. It just came across that way. Nothing really stood out. Malice didn’t drop great, but he had solider concepts. Malice took it.

37. Axeshun (2-3) vs 38. Defcon_5 (0-0)

Axeshun didn’t drop great, his verse was just pretty bland. Def didn’t drop very good either, but he’s more polished ‘n that made his verse better. Defcon_5 woulda won, but he didn’t vote, so Axeshun took it.

39. Philly (0-0) vs 40. Wordz AhGod (0-0)

Eh, dull battle. Philly dropped first and his verse was pretty elementary, Wordz dropped second and his verse was even more elementary. Philly was better though ‘n he took it.

41. RICHARD HENNESSY (0-0) vs 42. Eryk (0-0)

Eryk won via no-show.

43. Murda Sho (0-0) vs 44. FifthTEEN (0-0)

Pretty weak battle. I thought the swatting flies bar by Fifth was the best of the battle. Root teen was ok from Sho, but it didn't hit that hard. Fifth took it due to Sho not voting.

45. Mr Marvellous (4-4) vs 46. Alias (0-0)

Mr Marvellous won via no-show.

47. Mount (0-0) vs 48. Poseidon (0-0)

I can’t believe people are still using BAL lines. Pose bar from Mount was decent, Olympus bar was Poseidon was decent. Mount was better all round though ‘n he took it.

49. SMG (0-0) vs 50. Diagnosis (0-0)

SMG dropped quite creative, he had some old stuff like the lifes a bitch bar, but he seems like a creative battler. Diagnosis had nothing. SMG won.

Top Punches

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r273/BBoysWBL/Punches.jpg

My girls gots the booty, I give that ass-a-vibration
I got junk in the trunk too,.. ta cover yo body incase im stopped on a traffic violation

10. Fracture vs N.Tavarez

ill stomp this jan sport geek. aint none of ur keys is classic
i've been running-backpackers down waay b4 almad green was drafted

9. F5TH Dawg vs ill nik-A

u NEVA connect. ya fists are dormant, bitch.
all the mob bosses in the world couldn't make ur punches perform a hit

8. Te Ora vs Apex

in illesty's tag finals i came dope--u choked & we barely won
so it's a good thing for us that i have a license to carry Gun

7. Justify vs The Gunslinger

creativity isn’t there.. ya dropping straight pathetic man
Hens, the way you're running bare ..you MUST be Native American

6. Mercules vs John Hensley

Nobody's findin this geeks body. so fuck makin a path for the quest.
n' forget bein unpopular. this loser's search Party won't even have any guests.

5. John Hensley vs Mercules

ur punches is maaad old. & bro ppl kno i'm honest
stop thinking ur lines are breath-taking, when they jus O2 concepts

4. F5TH Dawg vs ill nik-A

Merc, ya lines keep us dozin off.. n' i'm sure you get the jist.
No joke. ya shit's got us sawin so many logs environmentalists are gettin pissed.

3. John Hensley vs Mercules

Ya ugly chick walk thru the door, u'll hear screams of pleading men
Thats a 'gross income' they'd give their whole salary not to see again

2. N.Tavarez vs Fracture

When tavarez losing he always beg for support
His aim list is bigger than resins when he’s on campus, chaining the doors

1. Fracture vs N.Tavarez

Best Verse of the Week

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r273/BBoysWBL/Verse.jpg

John Hensley

In fact she's way too cool to be with Merc, lol. But we start talking and she's like, "Oh, don't worry, I know AAAAALLL about you!

^RC and I know ya girls loyalty is somethin ya'll should doubt.
But fuck text.
... my bedroom is anotha fuckin thing she knows AAAAALLL about.
Seriously, bitch sets a silent ringtone if she thinks you'll call around.
n' shampoo companies even marvel at the way she's got the fuckin Volume down.
Merc, ya lines keep us dozin off.. n' i'm sure you get the jist.
No joke. ya shit's got us sawin so many logs environmentalists are gettin pissed.
Nobody's findin this geeks body. so fuck makin a path for the quest.
n' forget bein unpopular. this loser's search Party won't even have any guests.
What's between Park and Neutral, that you move two down to Drive?
The answer: Reverse... like where Merc's career's been goin' since 2005.

merkowitzzz: good match hens
HENSizaking: ya cool shit
merkowitzzz: your verse was better imo
HENSizaking: haha yea i thought so too, but oh well pimpster

You won 5-4 on a tiebreak vote. now i know that this hoe's rattled.
And now that the truths out.. it's a good thing you couldnt vote on ur own battles.
Wack, ugly, retarded and gay<- jus some words that define the dude.
n' hey.. next time he brags about beatin me.. now i guess we can call him a liar too.

pz12.

Battle of the Week

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r273/BBoysWBL/Battle.jpg

Fracture vs N.Tavarez

Fracture

Fracture is nice, i actualyl like reading his stuff as well. but to me he has too many 'girl' punchlines where they do well. BUT you can always expect one or two in each of his battles ya know? to me that sorta brings him down a notch.- Gunslinger

Lets goooooo.
Gunslinger saying im predictable cause his garb cant get by
Da only way ud see no girl lines from frac is if I wrote a script bout tavarez sex life
When tavarez losing he always beg for support
His aim list is bigger than resins when he’s on campus, chaining the doors
You asked for an extension, trying to con fracture
Ull always find him in a stall,.. along wit his girls name ‘n a way to contact her
Ima put a gash in place of this assholes face
My head butt will give u mo black-outs than satchel paige fast ball gave at da plate
Afta this u gon die from taking too many tylenols to manage.
While da only time ull see frac over dose is if we get da final results in spanish
Da crowd will be horrified, cuz my blade’ll leave you split
This dood gon die in a room full of screams like jada pinket smith
My girls gots the booty, I give that ass-a-vibration
I got junk in the trunk too,.. ta cover yo body incase im stopped on a traffic violation
Yo average but managed to capture the ranks
Now doods think very high of you,.. til the 21st then it’ll go back to the same

vs

N.Tavarez

You've reached your top speed n peaked..now U diving too fast
They only called your skillz Progressive cuz you liable to Crash
Y you still here?, It's like the leagues grown numb to ur skillz whore
with the type of Immunity......Survivor show members would kill for
Your a legend.......kids in different countries and cities know
Thank God Ya Here, but U wont be much longer just like that shitty show
Ya ugly chick walk thru the door, u'll hear screams of pleading men
Thats a 'gross income' they'd give their whole salary not to see again
Get the message Frac, chicks dont like your shit, they need a rider
Their quick to send this virgin Mobile like switching your phone provider
You do shit the free way...when shopping for body gear
I'm doing this the freeway....then Im dropping your body there
Kids an atrocity, Fracture you are not stopping me
I'll make you take flight online without the help of Travelocity
Talking shit about Tav? Ima bring it to em
And give you your chance to vent when I put your head thru one
maricon

Winner = Fracture

Mag Battler of the Month

Hensley goes straight to the top after that verse of the week. Fracture, Gunslinger and Tavarez are still very much in it though. This will be a close thing, and everyone has to keep dropping consistent to stay in with a chance.

1. John Hensley with 47 Points.
2. Fracture with 39 Points.
3. The Gunslinger with 35 Points.
4. N.Tavarez with 32 Points.
5. Sound with 13 Points.
6. F5TH Dawg with 12 Points.
6. Te Ora with 12 Points.
8. Justify with 11 Points.
9. Kungfugrip with 10 Points.
10. Area51 with 6 Points.
11. Mercules with 5 Points.
12. J. SutherLand with 2 Points.
13. HotDogVendorMan with 1 Point.

Mag Battler of the Month is comprised based on the “Top Punches” and “Verse of the Week” section. Points are given for each. 20 Points are given to the battler who has “Verse of the Week” and 10 Points are given to the battler who has the #1 top punch, 9 Points to the #2 top punch, 8 points to the #3 top punch and so on. The points are added up throughout the month, and the battler with the most points at the end of the month wins a contendership shot, which can be used at any time the battler desires.

Predictions

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r273/BBoysWBL/Predictions.jpg

WBL Championship Match: 1. Fracture (11-1) vs 2. F5TH Dawg (9-1)

This should be a nice battler. A potential sleeper champ in F5TH Dawg as well, cos if Fracture sleeps on him then he could be surprised. Fracture seems to be defending his title with relative ease, but really, it hasn’t been like that. He’s scraped past in a couple of battles lately. He’s been dropping good though, and it’s Fracture, so he can step it up whenever he wants. F5TH Dawg is a future legend, he beat nik-A easily last week with a cool verse ‘n if he drops his best here he might take it. Still, you can’t bet against Fracture, so I’ve got Frac taking it.

WBL Contendership Match: 3. John Hensley (5-0) vs 4. Te Ora (7-2)

Hensley dropped the best verse of his WBL tenure so far to beat Merc easily. It was a tight verse ‘n it shows that he’s definitely got the skills to champ any league still. Te Ora didn’t drop his best last week, he needs to step it up here to stand a chance. I’ve got Hensley taking this.

5. Justify (7-1) vs 6. J. SutherLand (4-1)

Should be a pretty one-sided battle. Sutherland is ok, but I think Justify is just a lot better. Sutherland should drop decent enough, but I see Justify dropping a pretty cool verse to move in to the contendership match.

7. V. Vega (5-3) vs 8. Lethargic (3-0)

Eh battle. Both are really lucky to have reached this high. I’m not sure who’ll win, but I’ll go with Lethargic.

9. N.Tavarez (8-3) vs 10. Mercules (12-6)

Cool battle here. Tavarez narrowly lost to Fracture in a cool battle, so that shows that he’s good. Merc jus got outdone by Hensley, but he dropped decent. Pretty close to call, but I’m gonna go with Merc, as I think Tavarez will have lost a lot of motivation after last week.

11. Sound (13-5) vs 12. Roger Glocks (2-0)

Sound edged past Ender in a punchline battle, ‘n Glocks picked up a no-show win last week. Glocks doesn’t seem to be too high on himself lately, so I think that will show in his verses. Sound should get this.

13. Dont Ask (2-1) vs 14. Pharoahe Def (2-0)

Pharaohe has had 2 no-show wins in a row which is really bad for him. Based on his last league run he needs to shake the rust off, and 2 no-show wins is probably the worst thing for him. Don’t Ask isn’t very good though, so Pharoahe should still take this.

15. si-borg (2-0) vs 16. Automatic (2-1)

si-borg is ok, Automatic is ok. This should be a pretty evenly matched battle, but I think that Automatic is more creative ‘n polished at the moment so he should take it.

17. Apex (3-1) vs 18. The Gunslinger (5-2)

This should be pretty onesided. Gunslinger didn’t drop his best against Justify, ‘n it cost him, but I think he’s good enough to beat Apex. Apex will need to step it up in a big big way to beat Gunslinger, ‘n I don’t think he can. Gunslinger to get the win.

19. Tek (2-1) vs 20. Phil Benjamin (2-2)

This is looking to be pretty close. Tek has done ok in the league so far, he’s dropped some ok stuff. Phil is very up ‘n down, you never know how he’s gonna drop. I’ve got Tek taking it.

21. Bayou (3-2) vs 22. Malice (1-1)

Bayou’s back in the league after a quick break. He dropped some ok stuff last time around. Malice is ok. Toss up with this, but I’m gonna go with Bayou.

23. Kapernikus (7-6) vs 24. Deity (2-1)

I’ve got a feeling that Deity is gonna no-show, leaving Kapernikus to take the win.

25. Axeshun (3-3) vs 26. Mr Marvellous (5-4)

Could be close, but I think it will have a clear winner. Axeshun is ok, but he needs a bit more elevation. Mr Marvellous is more polished so I see him taking it.

27. Ancel (2-2) vs 28. Philly (1-0)
Both are RB heads who have champed the LLL, but that isn’t saying much. I think they may have faced each other in the champ match actually. Anyway, I think Philly is better so he’ll get it.

29. SMG (1-0) vs 30. Mount (1-0)

Both are pretty decent, but I think that SMG is more creative. He’s dropped some real nice stuff in the past from what I’ve seen as well, so SMG to win.

31. TEF (4-3) vs 32. Sureloc Holmes (1-1)

If TEF sorts his style and wording out then he’ll be pretty good, until then he’ll be an average head. Sureloc is ok, this should be pretty close. I think TEF will drop a bit better ‘n take it though.

33. Eryk (1-0) vs 34. Richmond (1-1)

Richmond shoulda won last week in my opinion. I can’t really remember Eryk’s no-show verse to be honest. Richmond to win.

35. Tebo (1-3) vs 36. Popcorn (2-5)

Like I said earlier, Popcorn needs to drop the !!’s and italics. In my opinion of course. Disclaimer – Kempo is not trying to make everyone in battling write the same, the thoughts of Kempo are purely the thoughts of Kempo. Thankyou for heeding this notice. Tebo isn’t very good. Popcorn to win.

37. Defcon_5 (0-1) vs 38. Ender (2-1)

Defcon woulda won last week but he didn’t vote. Ender didn’t drop great, but he only dropped two lines so its hard to judge. Defcon_5 is better, so he should win.

39. FifthTEEN (1-0) vs 40. Wordz AhGod (0-1)

Fifth wouldn’t have won if Sho had of voted, so yea, he didn’t drop amazing. Wordz is better so he’ll win.

41. Red Hooks (0-3) vs 42. Murda Sho (0-1)

Neither are very good. This is pretty hard to call. Sho would have won if he’d of voted last week, so ima go with him.

43. Poseidon (0-1) vs 44. Alamo (0-0)

Pose is ok, he has potential but he jus needs to keep writing. Alamo can drop nice when he wants, he often doesn’t seem to want to though, but still, Alamo should get it.

45. Diagnosis (0-1) vs 46. Mark Blaze (0-0)

Diagnosis is rusty apparently, that’s what he says, so it might take him a little while to shake that off. Blaze is ok Blaze should win.

47. Out Writechas (0-0) vs 48. Yung Impression (0-0)

Out Writechas is decent when he shows up and tries. That isn’t often though. Yung isn’t great. Out Writechas to win.

49. Rhode (0-0) vs 50. Hitch (0-0)

Dunno either. Guess – Rhode to win.

51. Ominous (0-0) vs 52. shinbits (0-0) vs 53. S.F. (0-0)

I think Ominous is pretty decent. Dunno the others. Ominous to win.

54. origin (0-0) vs 55. Necrophagist (0-0)

Dunno either. Necrophagist is a funny and unique name though, so ima go with him.

Potentially Dope

Alamo – He’s very off and on. When he’s motivated and he takes his time he drops some real nice verses. I remember about 6 or 7 weeks ago I had him power ranked quite high I believe. When he doesn’t take his time, he drops awful. So lets hope that he drops some cool stuff.

SMG – He’s a damn creative dude, some of his old stuff is crazy. I remember Intricate bit loads of bars from him, and Corey quoted a phony-belowknee one saying that it was the most creative concept he’d seen in years. So yea, he’s a nice head.

The Gunslinger – Lost to Justify and didn’t drop one of his best verses ever, it was still ok though, just not amazing. He’s a creative head though ‘n he has what it takes to get up the rankings again.

Top 10 Power Rankings

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r273/BBoysWBL/PowerRankings.jpg

10. Pharoahe Def – Def is a nice head, who may or may not still have a lot of rust. If he’s been writing since his last WBL run, then I expect him to be fresh and ready for championship contention. But if he hasn’t been writing, then he’ll probably be rusty as hell.

9. Roger Glocks – Glocks was making a lot of noise not so long ago. Champing a couple of leagues, mainly the LBL, which he champed for 8 weeks. Now he seems to have quietened down and no ones really paying any attention to him. He doesn’t seem to think that he’s good anymore either, so that’s probably a major factor. Dude needs to fuckin motivate himself, and start dropping the dope verses that he has in him.

8. Sound – Had some problems last week, but he still managed to pull out the win. He’s one of two who have been in the league for it’s entire run, which is pretty cool. He’s also got the most wins out of anyone in the league I believe. He’s got Glocks this week ‘n if he drops tight like he has been then he’ll get it.

7. Mercules – The other dudes who’s been in the league for its entire stretch, so props to him on that. He got beat comprehensively by Hensley last week, ‘n he has Tavarez this week. He has the skills to win, but I’m also wondering if he’s motivated.

6. N.Tavarez – So nearly beat Fracture, but fell short by one vote. He dropped a good verse though ‘n he could beat Merc. I’m just wondering if he’s got the motivation to.

5. Te Ora – He’s gonna have to step it up and drop his best verse in a while to hang with Hensley. He’s gotta take his time over his verse and craft it to perfection. Iono if he rushes, but sometimes it seems like he might. He’s a good head though.

4. Justify – He has a very easy run to the champ match. He’ll beat Sutherland this week, and then he’ll beat Vega or Lethargic next week. So yea, expect to see him jump up in this next week.

3. John Hensley – Received verse of the week last week pretty easily, he dropped the best he has done in a while and beat Merc in the process. Should beat Te Ora, allowing him to go on to his first new WBL champ match.

2. F5TH Dawg – F5TH brushed nik-A past to easily cruise in to the championship match. He’s a nice head, but he’ll need to drop his best to beat Frac. Fracture always seems to drop enough to win, no matter who’s he’s facing. So F5TH I gonna have to catch him unaware with a super dope verse.

1. Fracture – The man is still at the top. He barely held on to his title this week, but in quite a few peoples opinions it wasn’t really that close. He’s nice, he’s a legend and he can bring it for any opponent. He can’t sleep on F5TH this week though. If he doesn’t, then expect Fracture-Hensley Part II next week.

Outro

Yep, things are looking good as ever. The league has a lot of heads in it, the BAL has a new moderator in Apex which should aid the development further, and there are some tight battles lined up. I made the graphics in this mag in case you were wondering, I’ll be using them every week as I think they spice things up. Peace.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r273/BBoysWBL/WBLEmblem.jpg